Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:11:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should XSI Add a Stealth Feature to Electrum?
Yes
No
Maybe

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XSI]StabilityShares-NEW PotCoin Partnership!  (Read 125287 times)
fil0

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 10:28:46 AM

cryptonewbie
And if anyone does not have time to swap the 7 days coins, what will happen to his coins? And why change the name to XSI?(becouse I buy coins voice XSS on mintpal) Obtained by 19 May you dig up 4.5 million coins, these coins and then change it back to our on bittrex, is the guarantee that we will not be without our coins? Why not do hardfork, without any exchange?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bminer777

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:25:52 AM

cryptonewbie
And if anyone does not have time to swap the 7 days coins, what will happen to his coins? And why change the name to XSI?(becouse I buy coins voice XSS on mintpal) Obtained by 19 May you dig up 4.5 million coins, these coins and then change it back to our on bittrex, is the guarantee that we will not be without our coins? Why not do hardfork, without any exchange?

Hi fil0,

I am on the StabilityShares team with cryptonewbie and can hopefully answer your questions.

First of all, the Bittrex transfer process has not yet started, we wanted to advise our community first, prior to the upcoming change. This will hopefully give everyone ample time to get ready for the transfer. We will advise you again via this thread and Twitter once the process has begun. We will also update the OP with instructions on how the Bittrex process will work. Any coins not transferred by the end of the 7 days will not be included in the transfer process.

Due to the many updates required to the code to allow Proof of Stake, it was decided that the best way forward was to start with a new Proof of Stake codebase rather than hardfork the old XSS coin.

Regards
bminer777

stabilityshares.com
Berric

Activity: 144

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 01:05:35 PM

cryptonewbie

Hi fil0,

I am on the StabilityShares team with cryptonewbie and can hopefully answer your questions.

First of all, the Bittrex transfer process has not yet started, we wanted to advise our community first, prior to the upcoming change. This will hopefully give everyone ample time to get ready for the transfer. We will advise you again via this thread and Twitter once the process has begun. We will also update the OP with instructions on how the Bittrex process will work. Any coins not transferred by the end of the 7 days will not be included in the transfer process.

Due to the many updates required to the code to allow Proof of Stake, it was decided that the best way forward was to start with a new Proof of Stake codebase rather than hardfork the old XSS coin.

Regards
bminer777

Hi, dev teams

I'm the admin of xss.0feepool.com. You said mining will be continue after 19 May. But before this time, what can I do? Should I close the pool now and message all miners to withdraw their coins to convert?
cryptonewbie (OP)

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:53:35 PM

Mining for StabilityShares will continue through Sunday under the current version of the coin.

For the next 7 days everyone can deposit their coins on the Bittrex exchange.

On Monday, May 19th, Bittrex will swap the old version of the coin for the PoS version the community wanted.

All pools and exchanges will be given the new wallets and information, so mining will continue seamlessly.

StabilityShares just became even more rare!  Only 7.5 million coins will be produced through PoW, before PoS begins.  It will take 30 years to get to 15 million coins.

fil0

Activity: 208

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:07:31 PM

cryptonewbie

Hi fil0,

Regards
bminer777

All right. I hope everything will turn out. I bought another 500 votes to mintpal and now we are on 72 place!
Wallet to vote on mintpal XuKQRn3q4CsbgcnA3176hZuiUTjt3h4ByY  (25XSS - 1 vote)
cryptonewbie (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:26:52 PM

cryptonewbie

Hi fil0,

Regards
bminer777

All right. I hope everything will turn out. I bought another 500 votes to mintpal and now we are on 72 place!
Wallet to vote on mintpal XuKQRn3q4CsbgcnA3176hZuiUTjt3h4ByY  (25XSS - 1 vote)

Thanks!  StabilityShares just got much  more RARE.  Only 7.5 million coins will be mined through PoW, and it will take 30 years to reach 15 million through PoS.

Please tweet @Poloniex and email poloniex@gmail.com to have StabilityShares added to their exchange.  They have great volume there also.

neite99

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:00:03 PM

I was just about to give up on XSS but you just restored my faith in it.

You guys are truly awesome devs. Keep up the great work.
cryptonewbie (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:06:29 PM

Huge things coming up!  The new wallet Bminer777 created looks really sweet as you can see from the image.

Only 7.5 million will be mined through PoW, so start mining and accumulating coins now before we switch to PoS only in a couple weeks.

platorin

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:39:34 PM

I have never given up on XSS, but true, dev is awesome and the work he has done so far, is trully astonishing. Thank you and all the best of luck! XSS will make it great some day, I have no doubts!
neite99

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:45:30 PM

I have never given up on XSS, but true, dev is awesome and the work he has done so far, is trully astonishing. Thank you and all the best of luck! XSS will make it great some day, I have no doubts!

By giving up I meant about to stop mining. :-)

I did take a XSS mining hiatus for a few weeks (which I fully regret now) but I knew from the start it was going to be a great altcoin.
cryptonewbie (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:27:06 PM

I have received a few messages asking to clarify the process.  Let me try to give a synopsis.

I know its a little confusing, but basically we created an updated version of StabilityShares.  You can continue buying or mining the current coin until this Sunday. All the wallets will continue working, and you can still use the same mining pools.  This will end on Sunday!

Next Monday, Bittrex will lock the wallets and swap everyone's old version for the new coin that will have PoS!

We will release the new wallets to everyone next Monday after the switch.  Mining will continue as PoW until we reach 7.5 million coins (1/2 total amount), and then no more coins will be mined.  This should take approximately 2 weeks.

Once we get to 7.5 million coins, the only way to get StabilityShares will be to keep them in your wallet and earn 3% interest, or to purchase them.

We believe this method will make the coin very rare, and increase the value quite a bit.

Our community spoke up and made it clear they wanted to switch to PoS.  

Our developer is extremely talented, and we think we have a unique approach that balances supply and interest.

farro92

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:40:23 PM

I'm grateful for the tip, and will be buying before next Monday.
neite99

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:44:03 PM

BTW they wallet image is not showing correctly in chrome (at least mine) shows up great in IE though.
cryptonewbie (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:48:27 PM

Thanks!  We really appreciate everyone's support. This is what the community wanted Smiley

If anyone has a question feel free to post in the thread, or contact me personally.  Everyone has 1 week to send their coins to Bittrex for the exchange process that will be done next Monday.

platorin

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:08:19 PM

Thanks!  We really appreciate everyone's support. This is what the community wanted Smiley

If anyone has a question feel free to post in the thread, or contact me personally.  Everyone has 1 week to send their coins to Bittrex for the exchange process that will be done next Monday.
Would you mind if I asked, why did you decide to use a method of exchange based on bittrex website? Does that POS change mechanism won't go smoothly if everyone downloads a new, updated wallet version?
CharityMiningPools

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 08:07:25 PM

CharityMiningPools - Donate to Charity while you Mine!

xss.charityminingpools.com

Hey all, just wanted to let you all know that we will be here through to Sunday and will update the wallets for the new PoS version when it is made available.

We're on board for the change!

Mine with us while XSS is still available to be mined.

CharityMiningPools.com - Donate to Charity While you Mine!
BTC: 1AytEqfVYAywzM1BAKdjZWyjdiok8LgGeS     LTC: LWVPLBniwxBbEizjbe2Ab98Vubq18QGTBt
DOGE: DK4VKsA8kdVbZ2dc2CjNCsEPiPa8a2SF6B     NOTE: DrADbGTxvp4jbDFVgnwTiqk5vbAvqq2xi9
Jarod1231

Activity: 951
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:24:23 PM

Already had all my XSS on bittrex, just pulled all my sell orders except for 1000xss @ 0.01  Cool ... for once I was ahead of the curve... solo mined about 14k of these when XSS was looking dead before the reboot and everybody had abandoned ship  Cool

cryptonewbie (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:28:41 PM

Thanks!  We really appreciate everyone's support. This is what the community wanted Smiley

If anyone has a question feel free to post in the thread, or contact me personally.  Everyone has 1 week to send their coins to Bittrex for the exchange process that will be done next Monday.
Would you mind if I asked, why did you decide to use a method of exchange based on bittrex website? Does that POS change mechanism won't go smoothly if everyone downloads a new, updated wallet version?

We thought for simplicity, it would be easiest to have 1 exchange handle the process.  Bittrex came up with the simplest solution, so we selected them.

Everyone has 7 days to send their coins to Bittrex.  Next Monday, Bittrex will tell us the exact number of coins that need to be pre-mined, and we will mine that amount and send that number to them to conduct the switch.  Absolutely no coins will be created for development, bounties, or any other reason.

The simplest way to understand the process is to just make sure you send your coins to Bittrex before the change transpires next Monday.  

The new wallets will be available after the coins are exchanged on Bittrex, and PoW mining will continue for 2 weeks until we reach 7.5 millions coins.  At that point, only PoS interest of 3% will accrue on coins in your wallet, and no more coins will be mined.  This will make for an extremely RARE coin.

bminer777

Activity: 76

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:55:00 PM

Hi everyone, here is a sneak peek at the new wallet during our testing. The image in the OP is being resized in Chrome..we will have a look at that shortly.

stabilityshares.com
WestOstrich

Activity: 62

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:56:33 PM

Hey devs, why has our vote count on Mintpal gone down recently? Did every coin get adjusted? We are missing a lot of votes?

Cheers
WestOstrich
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: