Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:31:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Activecoin (ACT) Community Input period Over - Launched in Ann Sub  (Read 791 times)
activecoin (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Just Do It!

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:24:55 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 01:29:16 AM by activecoin

I will be launching Activecoin (ACT) I would like to see a strong distribution of the coins and am curious what the altcoin community would like to see in the coin, i cannot guarantee that it will be what you want, but I am not settled on any one thing except for the fact that it is something that I am doing, Please leave your 2s on what your wishes are for this upcoming project.
Difficulty.
Rewards.
Time before Launch Announce.
Wow or no Wow.
And anything that would or would not appeal to you

I will promote Activecoin as a supporting coin to BTC and LTC to further the use of the technology, and I hope to appeal to the non tech person that lives an active lifestyle, please pm me if you have effective idea's that you would like to see exercised
I will only be able to advertise and promote it locally in the beginning, so any experience in the area of getting the largest reach with the least cost will be very useful to me.

[Edit][Closed] I am offering .1 BTC bounty for a logo, if your submission is chosen the BTC will be paid before Official Pre Ann thread, PM with submission or post here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=584506.0  , looking for a image to emphasize active, healthy, fun, with a tech twist
The image chosen should have detailed background with a standout feature to be used in thumbnails that can be recognized at a glance, Add caption to capture essence of the coin logo submitted.

I will be marketing to people involved and passionate about sport's, to athlete's, adventure seeker's, to shop's that sell active wear, survival equipment, sport's products, and anything that has to do with recreation.
I hope that Activecoin will be to the crypto scene what Redbull is to the energy scene, What Gatorade is to the sport's industry, What Greenpeace is to the environmental community,  involved and participating loudly.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:15:37 PM

no anti-instamine crap, but ann is required
no bad launch time, like 5am for euro
no DGW at launch, after blocks 1k at least
no copy past clone
no premine/ipo other shit like that

reward should not be too low imho, rare coin are lame and they are not rare at all...it just deceives noobs
Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:46:51 PM

no anti-instamine crap, but ann is required
no bad launch time, like 5am for euro
no DGW at launch, after blocks 1k at least
no copy past clone
no premine/ipo other shit like that

reward should not be too low imho, rare coin are lame and they are not rare at all...it just deceives noobs

+1

Pretty much my thoughts too

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 11:08:05 PM

pre ann

password zips for qt

Just a fair as possible pow distribution with a clear purpose for the coin. If scrypt, then fast POW period into POS.

If give away from large premine used for distribution - weight it according to peoples activity on the board.

Reasonable premine for dev/projects/services with clear ledger.

maryjoanah

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:31:48 AM

FREE COINS Smiley Smiley
kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:50:21 AM

Make it proof of fit Cheesy

I don't think that would be possible though, as there's always ways to abuse it.

CycleSurfer360

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:59:15 AM

Make it proof of fit Cheesy

I don't think that would be possible though, as there's always ways to abuse it.

Ha ha!  That would make a coin "to dah moon!".

Otherwise, copy Asiacoin with similar POS parameters (or something even more interesting) but make it nFactor scrypt for the masses.
activecoin (OP)

Just Do It!

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:12:33 PM

I am not fond of rare coins, distribution of coins is important and i do not want them to be difficult to obtain.

Premine is touchy, I was hoping to support decentralized community's by incorporating a PTS offering, but this is something I would like to further contemplate as I do not agree with the % amount and development of a snapshot is not a task I am up to, premine brings conflict just about everytime and I have to weigh pro's and con's based on input from miners and supporter's, developing rewards could be by donations

There will be a official Pre Ann in the announce sub at later date

Pre supporters will be heard and weight given for launch time

POS is touchy in my book also, structuring a economically feasible pattern of distribution that will not fail over time is a trick I do not know, decentralizing by POW alone allows anybody to start small and join the mining process, I will be better able to maintain something that is not POS but am not closed to the idea completely.

Proof of fit will never work  Cheesy I know several people who have no problem seeking adventure activity's and while justifying their unhealthy activity's, I do have a plan for a giveaway promotion that will require proof of fit though  Wink

Thanx for the input all! I hope this coin will be something familiar crypto user's can spread by word of mouth to family and friends that run, bike, ski, skydive, swim or compete in any way

P.S. Also updated the OP with an edit.

MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:50:49 PM

Okay so I'm assuming that you are making this coin to be traded on exchanges? Pumped and dumped as everyone says. They go with the above suggestions. My only addition to their comments is to not use scrypt. If you want to make a PoW/PoS Quark clone with KGW you can fork Probe. X11 is over done now, Groestl is kewl and gives the nVidia crowd an advantage for once. All three run much cooler than scrypt. There are other algos as well that I'm not as familiar with. Most are cooler and less power consuming that scrypt.

Now, maybe you have some awesome idea for a coin? Thinking about using PTS snapshot is a good idea if you have a good idea for a DAC. Unfortunately, It doesn't sound like you are on this path. Correct me if I am wrong.

activecoin (OP)

Just Do It!

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 12:25:49 AM

A DAC by known terms is too much work to for such a project and to get it rolling, so I don't know about that yet, but,there is nothing stopping anyone from running a snapshot outside of the rules that Invictus has cultured, Invictus has the largest concentrated group of users surrounding its development's that support decentralized currency that I know of, and that is why a snapshot is interesting to me.

It is an awesome project for me and I hope to bring crypto to many new user's much like Doge did and none other has been able to master since.
Thank you Miso069 for your feedback, I appreciate it.

activecoin (OP)

Just Do It!

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:15:25 PM

I need a logo guy's, the deadline is today May 2 at 10:00pm PST in the USA, or, May 3 at 6:00 GMT.

activecoin (OP)

Just Do It!

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:10:08 PM

Looking at this Saturday to launch, mid day in the US if it happens.

HunterS

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:33:37 AM

you know there is and active coin already right?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=517376.0

MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 12:46:25 AM

A DAC by known terms is too much work to for such a project and to get it rolling, so I don't know about that yet, but,there is nothing stopping anyone from running a snapshot outside of the rules that Invictus has cultured, Invictus has the largest concentrated group of users surrounding its development's that support decentralized currency that I know of, and that is why a snapshot is interesting to me.

It is an awesome project for me and I hope to bring crypto to many new user's much like Doge did and none other has been able to master since.
Thank you Miso069 for your feedback, I appreciate it.

You are welcome, so any news?

activecoin (OP)

Just Do It!

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:27:25 AM

Now I would have thought everyone would have seen the ANN thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=602982.0
But have been corrected.
The chain appears to be in good health, blocks appear on target, and you have not missed anything, the difficulty jumped to 15 at launch and dropped down after it was apparent that it could not be instamined and there was no big buzz or hype (so I guess), I am open to critique and am online often.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: