Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:42:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitscalper anyone use this ? [PASSWORDS LEAKED]  (Read 40939 times)
antoineph

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 04:01:22 AM

And their first FAQ is "This seems too good to be true. Is it a scam?"

That means it's a scam.
Ok let's hold off on accusations and let him address the points we made.  From here people can make their own informed decisions whether or not to try their luck.

Look, I don't want to be mean to anyone, but it's not worth being respectful if it means a lot of people are going to lose their money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bittenbob

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 04:03:51 AM

No one has lost money yet. There are warning flags so let people make up their own minds. You are essentially trolling this thread yet.
bitscalper

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 04:05:28 AM

That means it's a scam.
Ok let's hold off on accusations and let him address the points we made.  From here people can make their own informed decisions whether or not to try their luck.

Look, I don't want to be mean to anyone, but it's not worth being respectful if it means a lot of people are going to lose their money.

What do you suggest ? do you want us to liquidate everyone and close the site ? we already received multiple requests for taking the system down for private use, or for purchasing it out. by the end of the month we'll be probably doing this anyway.
antoineph

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 04:06:06 AM

No one has lost money yet.

So? It could happen at any time. That's how ponzis work.
First they build trust, and then they screw everyone.

Edit: and yes, nobody is stopping anyone else from making up their own mind.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 05:29:23 AM

The business model in theory seems legit.  I actually really like the idea.

I hope you realize that if you take this seriously and use it properly you could carve yourself a nice little niche in conjunction with Bitcoinica.

Professionalism in customer service and security are the top two priorities.  Address these and succeed.  Don't and fail.

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2012, 06:44:26 AM

Assuming for the moment it is not a scam then they are doing exactly what we would expect to happen in an totally hostile environment where the government has and is cracking down.  Isn't this exactly the environment that we expect Bitcoin to thrive?  If I lived in a country where I was no longer able to have cash - all transactions are by law now tracked - then I would be looking around for a way to take advantage of the obvious black market opportunities caused by such government stupidity.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
antoineph

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 06:54:30 AM

My personal feeling is that were this a legitimate service, the site owners would be content to sit back and let time prove their worth (a few concise explanatory posts would not be out of place). As it stands they are basically trying to win a PR war.

Sorry if this is seen as trolling. I just don't want people to get ripped off.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 07:45:51 AM

My personal feeling is that were this a legitimate service, the site owners would be content to sit back and let time prove their worth (a few concise explanatory posts would not be out of place). As it stands they are basically trying to win a PR war.

I don't think they're trying to do anything. They're just new here and don't know how we roll.

Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 08:42:13 AM

Exactly that!
Only time can "proof" that they are legit, once they were here for a year there would not be many left to cry out "scam". That is, if there were not all those obvious red flags.

bitscalper: if you aren't a ponzi, why are outputs generally unspent?  you're not even pretending to use the coins

We do move the coins, the coins are being sent from the main wallet address, not the admin sub-wallet used to send the withdrawals, and neither those used by the users to fund the accounts. Hope this helps.

This is just silly.
You DID NOT move the funds from my "sub-wallet" to the "main wallet address"!
Ooh, wait, you actually did move the funds. Now. Today. Six days after they came in. After you made 15% earnings with it. After I withdrew the original 10 BTC days before. After too many people here started to ask about it. Coincidence?

People, please post the "personal wallet" addresses you used to add funds!

https://blockexplorer.com/address/14PAmBAdgjpuPgNi7jYZuUsQpAuxZoeMHv

Ente
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 09:23:04 AM

That means it's a scam.
Ok let's hold off on accusations and let him address the points we made.  From here people can make their own informed decisions whether or not to try their luck.

What do you suggest ? do you want us to liquidate everyone and close the site ? we already received multiple requests for taking the system down for private use, or for purchasing it out. by the end of the month we'll be probably doing this anyway.
  what does this mean?  

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 09:41:31 AM

That means it's a scam.

what does this mean?  

it means when he runs off with everyone's money at the end of the month, the official statement will be that it has changed owners / shut down for private use.

what would be the point of telling us that? and why would a scammer need an excuse?

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
bitclown

Activity: 185

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 11:44:05 AM

About time we had another BTC scam. And as usual there's no shortage of gullible users. "Of course it's too good to be true, but if we all chip in with small amounts we can still make this scam successful".

Reminds me of the forex scheme "Maria" was running here a few months ago. "Just deposit $1000 and run this random binary for guaranteed 20% weekly profit. Sorry guys, the system failed. Balance: 0."
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 11:47:31 AM

About time we had another BTC scam. And as usual there's no shortage of gullible users. "Of course it's too good to be true, but if we all chip in with small amounts we can still make this scam successful".

Reminds me of the forex scheme "Maria" was running here a few months ago. "Just deposit $1000 and run this random binary for guaranteed 20% weekly profit. Sorry guys, the system failed. Balance: 0."

One could argue a certain level of gullibility being a requirement to get into bitcoin in the first place. That might explain your findings.

stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 12:25:04 PM

It's totally illegal now because the parlament just approved laws that impose the use of cash up to 1000 eur, for more you have to use a bank account. So bitcoin = money laundering in italy = jail.

In that case I hope you are connecting to this forum using Tor.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 12:36:26 PM

It's totally illegal now because the parlament just approved laws that impose the use of cash up to 1000 eur, for more you have to use a bank account. So bitcoin = money laundering in italy = jail.

Since when Bitcoins = cash by law in italy? So you can pay taxes in BTC?
M4v3R

Activity: 607

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 12:43:21 PM

Exactly that!
Only time can "proof" that they are legit, once they were here for a year there would not be many left to cry out "scam". That is, if there were not all those obvious red flags.

bitscalper: if you aren't a ponzi, why are outputs generally unspent?  you're not even pretending to use the coins

We do move the coins, the coins are being sent from the main wallet address, not the admin sub-wallet used to send the withdrawals, and neither those used by the users to fund the accounts. Hope this helps.

This is just silly.
You DID NOT move the funds from my "sub-wallet" to the "main wallet address"!
Ooh, wait, you actually did move the funds. Now. Today. Six days after they came in. After you made 15% earnings with it. After I withdrew the original 10 BTC days before. After too many people here started to ask about it. Coincidence?

People, please post the "personal wallet" addresses you used to add funds!

https://blockexplorer.com/address/14PAmBAdgjpuPgNi7jYZuUsQpAuxZoeMHv

Ente

My funds have been moved the day after I deposited them, on 13.01.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2012, 03:06:35 PM

Most of the funds were moved out of my account also.  But this does not prove anything.

If scam:  they were moved as needed to pay other's withdraw requests.

Not scam:  moved as needed to their main wallet to fund the operations.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 03:09:09 PM

I put in .1 and made .0004, I think you guys are just jealous of my profits.

hi
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 03:09:43 PM

What I noticed tho, they dont scalp/arb with all available coins at the same time.

Lets assume they have 1000BTC loaded from all users, they dont actually scalp/arb with all 1000BTC whenever there is a gap, they usually just use 2-5BTC at a time and then avg out the profits among the percentage btc held by each user afaik.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 03:33:51 PM

What I noticed tho, they dont scalp/arb with all available coins at the same time.

Lets assume they have 1000BTC loaded from all users, they dont actually scalp/arb with all 1000BTC whenever there is a gap, they usually just use 2-5BTC at a time and then avg out the profits among the percentage btc held by each user afaik.

That's logical from an operating standpoint. I would want my coins to be spread out to multiple exchanges so that I could take advantage of any gaps. So some of the coins wouldn't be touched anyway in this case. However this does not prove anything either lol
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: