Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:09:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is a good recent coin?  (Read 1490 times)
rikkie (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Richard Coleman - Chief Executive @ CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 07:58:10 AM

What coin is a good one to invest in? Lets say a coin who did come out since 1 january of this year.
Do you have a few coins you think they will survive?
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 08:05:52 AM

Coin2
Cryptojunkey

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 08:16:05 AM

Coin2

+1

Switched to POS
Multipool in the works
FPS Game to come
Great Dev
bramvnl

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 08:51:59 AM

guldencoin = good dev!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=554412.0
gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 09:52:48 AM

Think the answer is ECC just visit the threat and you will know it Smiley
Not saying because i am holding this coin and hope it will survive...you just need to see the support of this one.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 09:59:47 AM

PedoBear coin looks promising.. they have an integrated p2p market where you can buy stuff, i bought on of these..
And hey why not.. Free Market .... trading on Cryptsy soon

FUD first & ask questions later™
shekelsteingoyberg2

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 10:02:42 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 10:12:45 AM by shekelsteingoyberg2

What coin is a good one to invest in? Lets say a coin who did come out since 1 january of this year.
Do you have a few coins you think they will survive?

Well as far as I can tell, the crypto's usefulness as currency will determine it's value.  It costs money to switch between coins, so Bitcoin will remain king (it also has a little more security because of it's popularity which is super useful/important).

The features that a lot of altcoins have, really aren't that useful currently, sure 1% inflation/year might be good if it was a world reserve currency--but it isn't.  Sure faster or more secure verifications are a good thing, but they aren't really that useful presently.  Proof of Stake algos likewise aren't in high demand, while they offer energy savings it doesn't seem worth it to switch.

On the other hand privacy is something Bitcoin seems to need in my opinion, a merchant accepting bitcoin or a person using bitcoin could have someone see every transaction made with their wallet.  That isn't even close to as private as a bank account.

So, in case you can't tell yet, I'm holding some Darkcoin, Bytecoin, Anoncoin.  That's what I think is useful enough to make it worthwhile to switch over, and I think that's as close to real "value" as you will see from an altcoin.

Security like multisig or similar would also be very worthwhile, as far as I know.

rikkie (OP)

Activity: 574

Richard Coleman - Chief Executive @ CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 10:59:58 AM

At this moment i've already some ECC coin mentioned in the posts above.
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:02:58 AM

I've been buying this stuff and saving for a rainy day. https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_cga
goldmaxx

Activity: 894

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:55:36 AM

ECC without any doubt...
Still dirt cheap (7 sat) and might see @ least 20 sat within the next 7 days!

Regards

HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 12:15:34 PM

welcome to spamfest 2014

Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:34:11 PM

Depends on what you want.

shortterm hotties: Zeitcoin, Blackcoin, Faircoin

longterm with innovation: NXT

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
hloren70

Activity: 72

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:40:12 PM

Depends on what you want.

shortterm hotties: Zeitcoin, Blackcoin, Faircoin

longterm with innovation: NXT

I agree totally! Faircoin for a nice short term gain (who knows, it might have staying power) and NXT for the long haul.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:58:20 PM

welcome to spamfest 2014

it's the shell account pretend to be a noob asking dumb questions so your other shell accounts can post fake answers to answer your own fake questions you yourself just asked with another account to pump up your flash mined bag of scam clone coins your pumping to lure more people into the pyramid routine.. aka the altcoin circle jerk.

classic lol

haven't seen this advertising ploy /game before  Roll Eyes

i find it amazing how every 2 post Newbie that comes along romps around here like they have been doing this for 10 years
and how they seem to be sooooo knowledgeable in every aspect and soooo qualified to give advice..
has to make you wonder doesn't it ?

Newbie's should sit down and shut up and maybe learn something.

FUD first & ask questions later™
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:00:13 AM

Right now, communitycoin is the one to choose!

100% pure PoS. Really great community.

I think that this will last for a long time. Check it and see yourself-->https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=558319.0
somogyipeti

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:48:50 AM

Virtual Mining Coin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=572321.0

We invested a lot of time in this project, because we want to create something better.
Many altcoins exist in the world, and after a few weeks, the value of most of them is 0. The value of the VMC never will be 0 because the GHS backed by collateral.

This coin has a collateral security.

VMC DEV Team
longjohnnoob

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:22:30 PM

if it was that easy we could all be rich
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:03:05 PM

Qora has just had its IPO. Its a completely new code, similar features to NXt but claims at least to implement them in a different way. Could have anonymous sending at a later date. I invested, whats not to like.

Like NXT there will chance early on to get in at a low price once it hits exchanges. This is expected to be within a month or less as they seem ready to go and exchanges pick up coins so fast these day. I plan to buy more even though I invested heavily, I'm that positive about it. My main reason is if it can do what NXT does but better it could be the dominant coin. We need decentralised trading and we need anominity plus NXT has got such a bad reputation that I fear it will never get given a fair chance and the Clones will just dilute the concept even further. There are my reasons.  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522102.0
Shivalein

Activity: 117

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:40:26 PM

Qora has just had its IPO. Its a completely new code, similar features to NXt but claims at least to implement them in a different way. Could have anonymous sending at a later date. I invested, whats not to like.

Like NXT there will chance early on to get in at a low price once it hits exchanges. This is expected to be within a month or less as they seem ready to go and exchanges pick up coins so fast these day. I plan to buy more even though I invested heavily, I'm that positive about it. My main reason is if it can do what NXT does but better it could be the dominant coin. We need decentralised trading and we need anominity plus NXT has got such a bad reputation that I fear it will never get given a fair chance and the Clones will just dilute the concept even further. There are my reasons.  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522102.0

Cause the IPO is over, now you are spamming every thread with your shitcoin.  Before no word about it. Look for your lemmings somewhere else

peterlustig

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:52:10 PM

I like Qubitcoin (Q2C). New unique algo, good community and a close relationship with Quarkcoin (same specs except the algo). Lingering around 50 Satoshis atm after a high of ~1500, might skyrocket like QRK did when block reward halves two more times to 32 (128 now). Also a voluntary dev stepped in and updated the coin with checkpoints and fixed the heartbleed bug, the original dev has gone missing sadly (he's from Crimea, Ukraine).

Compare the long time charts of QRK and Q2C and you might see some similarities.

Beware of IPO coins.

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████