Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:03:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ISIS-Linked Blog Reportedly Says Bitcoin Could Be Used For ‘Global Jihad’  (Read 2200 times)
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 12:11:43 AM

so now we have americans that have killed more foreigners, invaded more countries and profited from illegal activity, and taken other peoples precious resources....

.. so who are the real terrorists, invading countries killing people and threatening to take land lives and oil?

Stop talking like that - you'll confuse Billy and Sally Applepie.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 12:13:02 AM

Wow that didn't take long to start. Governments and media outlets will play the terrorism card frequently in their efforts to scare people away from crypto currencies. Never mind that the USD funded the attacks on New York and Washington DC. Expect a lot more of this as the animal realizes it has all ready been wounded.

I so totally love that some of my analogies in the articles I've written for Banks Worst Fear are already making their way into the general vernacular. But you're right; it's the scaremongers taking advantage of the thought that crypto is designed to be a decentralized and (ideally) anonymous form of payment. OF COURSE there's going to be illegal activity, but then, the same is true of fiat. There's still cases in which huge crates of dollars and pesos are found in tunnels under the U.S.-Mexican border. Oil money is likely funding most of the radical Islamist terrorists and certainly the Middle Eastern governments that won't get serious about doing anything about it. What we ought to really be doing to counter this is to create and promote an online news site that is all stories of all the crimes that are committed using fiat currencies.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 12:24:06 AM

In case you missed it when it first made the rounds, this is what terrorist creation looks like: Collateral Murder.

Speaking as a New Yorker, I sincerely hope my city doesn't have to suffer any further as a result of the greedy, ignorant, corrupt US foreign policy decisions.

For any "terrorists" who may be reading this, please leave innocent civilians out of it and target the actual motherfuckers who are ruining our nation and yours.

Remember, if you kill random innocents than you're no better than the sociopathic spawn-of-satan capitalist power elite that you hate so much. Thank you.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Squidoogeek

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:36:00 AM

In case you missed it when it first made the rounds, this is what terrorist creation looks like: Collateral Murder.

Speaking as a New Yorker, I sincerely hope my city doesn't have to suffer any further as a result of the greedy, ignorant, corrupt US foreign policy decisions.

For any "terrorists" who may be reading this, please leave innocent civilians out of it and target the actual motherfuckers who are ruining our nation and yours.

Remember, if you kill random innocents than you're no better than the sociopathic spawn-of-satan capitalist power elite that you hate so much. Thank you.

Any ideas on how to bring this "sociopathic spawn-of-satan capitalist power elite" to heel? Other than use Bitcoin for a lot of things? Next time you hire a freelancer, ask if he/she takes Bitcoin. Or, better yet, apply to become one of Coinbase's Business Development Managers so you can earn a living while educating retailers about how they can work around all the credit cards that are owned by big banks simply by accepting Bitcoin.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:40:36 AM

Or, better yet, apply to become one of Coinbase's Business Development Managers so you can earn a living while educating retailers about how they can work around all the credit cards that are owned by big banks simply by accepting Bitcoin.
Nope.

http://bitcoinism.liberty.me/2014/07/08/re-enhanced-due-diligence/
Squidoogeek

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:08:14 AM

Or, better yet, apply to become one of Coinbase's Business Development Managers so you can earn a living while educating retailers about how they can work around all the credit cards that are owned by big banks simply by accepting Bitcoin.
Nope.

http://bitcoinism.liberty.me/2014/07/08/re-enhanced-due-diligence/

Don't worry, I'm not a Coinbase fangirl or anything, I was pretty much tossing that out there as a suggestion to Beliathon that it's possible to earn a living by helping retailers do an end run around the banks behind credit cards. As far as I'm concerned, that was likely one disgruntled customer and at least Coinbase has competitors. I've been looking hard at CoinPayments and AltAccept myself.
justusranvier
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:13:10 AM

As far as I'm concerned, that was likely one disgruntled customer
Nope.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4447

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:22:00 AM

ok seems to b another topic deviation.. but coinbase is not a proper exchange of buy/sell/buy/sell/buy/sell for profit.. as there is not really a good orderbook to set prices at different levels.. well not one i like to use anyway.

so why the hell are people leaving coins in coinbase after converting coin...

if anyone is using coinbase and worried LOOK AT THEIR LICENCING and also find out their liability insurance details.. (you should all have done this before putting money into third parties, in the first place). if not then your accepting the risk

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Squidoogeek

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:25:29 AM

I see. Well, like I said, I'm not a Coinbase fangirl. I just wanted to see whether somebody could point out more than just one "horror story". AltAccept looks pretty promising though. Has anybody ever used them?
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:26:17 AM

In order to fund a global geewhiz wouldn't that require exchanging a shit ton of bitcoins into fiat quickly? Good luck with that. When you find a bitcoin exchange that can do it please let me know which one and ill start using them.

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:31:10 AM

In order to fund a global geewhiz wouldn't that require exchanging a shit ton of bitcoins into fiat quickly? Good luck with that. When you find a bitcoin exchange that can do it please let me know which one and ill start using them.

unless your buying a house. keep the bitcoin, dont sell out at this cheap rate. just take out small amounts just to feed your lifestyle.

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:46:11 AM

unless your buying a house. keep the bitcoin, dont sell out at this cheap rate. just take out small amounts just to feed your lifestyle.

I wonder who bitpay uses?

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:49:16 AM

bitpay has atleast $30m to play with(private investment), without needing to touch an exchange, more and more are doing private deals with bitpay behind the scenes to ensure they dont cause big changes of exchange prices.

Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:41:47 AM

great.  killing people is a hobbie, just like bitcoin, but could BOOST bitcoin's price.  and Amerikka still wins!  congrats!

i am here.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:57:22 AM

bitpay has atleast $30m to play with(private investment), without needing to touch an exchange, more and more are doing private deals with bitpay behind the scenes to ensure they dont cause big changes of exchange prices.

They're cheating and operating outside the Bitcoin economy. Nice.

Then who cares if Overstock or Dish network take Bitcoin. It won't help the price at all.

justusranvier
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:44:55 AM

Then who cares if Overstock or Dish network take Bitcoin. It won't help the price at all.
Those coins that are being spent at Overstock or Dish aren't being sold on the exchanges, and the existence of more places to spend Bitcoins will nudge people who were on the edge into buying.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:31:42 PM

Those coins that are being spent at Overstock or Dish aren't being sold on the exchanges, and the existence of more places to spend Bitcoins will nudge people who were on the edge into buying.

I really hope someone out there is actually buying Bitcoin to spend and it's not just miners looking for a place to spend their coins and speculators buying to later sell for a profit at an exchange.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: