Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:06:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is Big Scam  (Read 8046 times)
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 07:43:57 PM

Op is somewhat right, bit that's just 'cause as bitcoin is not mainstream the dark side is predominant.

darknet market place sales DO NOT exceed legit retail sales.

good luck proving m wrong. and if you do try, atleast use factual statistics... but you wont bcause the statistics of over 50,000 legit businesses outweighs the trades of a couple darknet sites.
Well, people won't close their eyes and pretend darknet isn't a fact when it comes to bitcoins, atleast mainstream people with no deeper knowledge, cause that's what the media likes to report.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:00:57 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 09:16:35 PM by bananas

Illegal businesses/deals and money laundry in factually predominant, no research is needed. And it will be until our grand mothers start using bitcoin instead of credit cards.

Right now people just don't have many reasons to use bitcoin for legal deals, even those into bitcoin.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4447

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:26:44 PM

Illegal businesses/deals and money laundry in factually predominant, no research is needed. And it will be until our grand mothers start using bitcoin instead of credit cards.

Right now people just don't have many reasons to use bitcoin for legal deals, even those into bitcoin.

.. research.. IS needed to be done by you

more drug deals are done on just 3 streets of detroit, compared to what silkroad done.

more money has been laundered by HSBC in one case. then has ever been laundered through bitcoin in 5 years

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
apsvinet

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:30:13 PM

more drug deals are done on just 3 streets of detroit, compared to what silkroad done.

more money has been laundered by HSBC in one case. then has ever been laundered through bitcoin in 5 years

I actually don't see any sources from either one of you, do you have any?

feina24h

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:41:05 PM

in my opinion money is a scam and created by bloody greedy people, they just suck and suck blood of poor people, Viva Bitcoin Viva la Revolucion

Fair Launch, No Premine and Active Devs = Logicoin
apsvinet

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:42:04 PM

in my opinion money is a scam and created by bloody greedy people, they just suck and suck blood of poor people, Viva Bitcoin Viva la Revolucion
You don't like money but you like Bitcoins? You realize they're a type of currency, right?

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:42:42 PM

In my opinion Bitcoin is a big scam which created by drug dealers, hackers, illegal money resources.We buy bitcoin to sell it.  It likes gambling. Everyone wants to make money easly. But there is no way to make money with buy bitcoin. We just beleive it and pray like the religion. Nobody really knows how to work bitcoin system.It is just there is a thing that value XXX or XXXX. But need to realize that we do that. There is no real thing.

I am lucky because I quit bitcoin buy and sell.

Do not angry me it is reality. I respect if you agree or disagree.

One of the SomethingAwful guys came up with the following characterization a few years ago which I'll paraphrase:

"Bitcoin involves smart criminals, dumb Libertarians, and people of ambiguous intellect taking advantage of both."

I'm still no prepared to reject the implication (that Bitcoin is fundamentally a scam) outright.  One way or another I find the statement wildly  amusing.  It's also worth note that I personally am certainly not a criminal, am not a Libertarian (in spite of certain areas of agreement) and I've made hundreds of large in pure profit so far.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
feina24h

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:54:51 PM

You don't like money but you like Bitcoins? You realize they're a type of currency, right?

i dont like the people who created fiat paper money and controls it, Bitcoin is decentralized and thats why i Like it.

Fair Launch, No Premine and Active Devs = Logicoin
apsvinet

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:56:18 PM

i dont like the people who created fiat paper money and controls it, Bitcoin is decentralized and thats why i Like it.
That's what I thought, now it's clearer. Smiley

bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:56:43 PM

I never said anything about Detroit or HSBC, i'm talking about Bitcoin on the internet.
deemac87

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:57:59 PM

Isn't the USD essentially a debt that can never be repaid, by design?

Don't know about scam but sounds like a con.

ps. sorry if I'm going a bit too Illuminati there  Smiley  

No thats just the truth, the USD is a scam. Theres only a small group of ppl who profit from the production of the USD, andnot just anybody can get in on that profit unless ur born into it or invited. At least with bitcoin anybody can profit(eventually) from bitcoin production through mining.
apsvinet

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 10:01:54 PM

Isn't the USD essentially a debt that can never be repaid, by design?

Don't know about scam but sounds like a con.

ps. sorry if I'm going a bit too Illuminati there  Smiley  

No thats just the truth, the USD is a scam. Theres only a small group of ppl who profit from the production of the USD, andnot just anybody can get in on that profit unless ur born into it or invited. At least with bitcoin anybody can profit(eventually) from bitcoin production through mining.
What did I just read? Of course anyone can make profits and get rich with the current regular currencies in the world. Just because everyone doesn't have an equal opportunity due to social factors and where you're born and raised doesn't mean that the currency is 'a scam' ( which by the way makes no sense whatsoever ). History is full of examples of people breaking out with their own hands of a poor environment, and becoming part of the most successful people in the world. Most obvious example would be Abraham Lincoln.

5w00p

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:31:50 PM

an autonomous entity has escaped form a super secret scientific research facility and is now propagating itself in the wild. the entity is able to infect the mind due to its intense shininess. once infected the subject is motivated into showing it to others. the entity is non-physical giving it the ability to move at the speed of light. the entity has a code like the dna in a virus. the entity is an idea with wheels and gears like a machine.

i'm sorry i drifted off there, what was that about bitcom being a scam?  

I enjoyed your little story, but my $0.02 is that your statement: "the entity is able to infect the mind due to its intense shininess" is hogwash.  Bitcoin is a tool, really, nothing more, when you get down to it.  It is a tool to allow free and unrestricted, decentralized exchange of currency.  It was created by humans, reviewed by many many other humans, and propagates due to many many humans' desire to exchange currency freely between one another, without the use of a single trusted third party entity, but rather through the combined transparent outputs of the source code that was originally reviewed by many humans and ultimately spread willingly through the compilation of the code and execution thereof on thousands of computing units throughout the world.

Have you read the whitepaper?  Doesn't seem like S. Nakamoto was trying to infect anyone with anything, but was rather suggesting a method that humans might more easily trade currency freely and without the use of a trusted third party.

Have you read the whitepaper?
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:34:56 PM

an autonomous entity has escaped form a super secret scientific research facility and is now propagating itself in the wild. the entity is able to infect the mind due to its intense shininess. once infected the subject is motivated into showing it to others. the entity is non-physical giving it the ability to move at the speed of light. the entity has a code like the dna in a virus. the entity is an idea with wheels and gears like a machine.

i'm sorry i drifted off there, what was that about bitcom being a scam?  

I enjoyed your little story, but my $0.02 is that your statement: "the entity is able to infect the mind due to its intense shininess" is hogwash.  Bitcoin is a tool, really, nothing more, when you get down to it.  It is a tool to allow free and unrestricted, decentralized exchange of currency.  It was created by humans, reviewed by many many other humans, and propagates due to many many humans' desire to exchange currency freely between one another, without the use of a single trusted third party entity, but rather through the combined transparent outputs of the source code that was originally reviewed by many humans and ultimately spread willingly through the compilation of the code and execution thereof on thousands of computing units throughout the world.

Have you read the whitepaper?  Doesn't seem like S. Nakamoto was trying to infect anyone with anything, but was rather suggesting a method that humans might more easily trade currency freely and without the use of a trusted third party.

Have you read the whitepaper?

Are you incapable of recognizing sarcasm/banter ?

5w00p

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:38:09 PM

Your sarcasm/banter was difficult to for me to recognize, and I ultimately failed to do so, but I do not believe that I am incapable of recognizing it.

Apparently I did in this case. Huh Roll Eyes Tongue
apsvinet

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:54:13 PM

Your sarcasm/banter was difficult to for me to recognize, and I ultimately failed to do so, but I do not believe that I am incapable of recognizing it.

It happens. Text, especially when written over the internet can be very hard to interpret correctly. People think they're being so clear because the sarcasm is obvious to the author, while in reality it's not easy at all for the reader to know.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:55:38 PM

it wasn't my banter...but he did say "intense shininess" and you said directly it was hogwash ...lol...

didnt mean to sound like a dick btw

notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:08:09 AM

i've been doing some research on this scam and this video was the best source of information i could find.

http://putlocker.bz/watch-heavy-metal-online-free-putlocker.html
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:13:46 AM

OP's title to this thread is grammatically incorrect and is a scam. lol

If the OP can't even get that right why should anyone consider their opinion valid or worth noting. They will likely botch their own points in the translation process.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

5w00p

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:57:30 AM

it wasn't my banter...but he did say "intense shininess" and you said directly it was hogwash ...lol...

didnt mean to sound like a dick btw

Yes, he did say "intense shininess."  But if you pay just a slight bit more attention and read the words before "intense shininess," he says "the entity is able to infect the mind."  I tend to interpret the OP's words of "intense shininess" as an attempt to draw parallels between Bitcoin and gold.  I understood it to mean that the OP was making an allusion to the history of gold causing human beings to do some pretty crazy things in order to obtain it, things that others would consider "mad."  Here's a reference:
http://io9.com/5805477/alchemists-astronomers-and-wild-men-a-history-of-the-mad-scientist-part-one

And I don't think I need to go into the innumerable wars that have been fought worldwide and throughout history over gold, wealth, and riches.

And now it makes two of us not trying to seem like a dick, btw.
 lol Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: