Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 06:24:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I can't find any information on Nick Szabo, is he is who he says he is?  (Read 12269 times)
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:16:46 PM

*edit. All his posts here http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/openpgp/current/thrd11.html#05284 are double spaced after the period*

Good finding, but it seems Hal was not the only one to use double spaces. Look at this e-mail. The person he is replying to also does use double space.
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/openpgp/current/msg04987.html

Going thru' the list there are other users using double spaces after periods, looks like it was a usual behaviour in that mail list.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:50:35 PM

Double spaces after end of a sentence?  I do that too.  Isn't that normal?  That's the way we were taught in school.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:46:34 PM

like you said, its not proof of anything (obviously).

seanneko

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:43:21 AM

A better question is does Nick Szabo even exist, rather than is he who he claims to be. We have no photos of him, and the University he claims to work at denies he was ever employed there.

Is he a real person, or just another pseudonym like Satoshi Nakamoto? If he really is/was a professor, then surely students who went there would have had interactions with him and can verify that he exists.

What proof is there that Nick Szabo is a real person?
CryptoDomains

Activity: 159

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:48:08 AM

Nick is the second layer!  Shocked

Handful to go lol

The only reason someone would go through all this trouble is they are A) A nutter B) The Government C) Truly and honestly believe their life would be in danger for an idea that hadn't yet been successful.

My guess is B.
Dipt

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:57:50 AM

Why this search of "who is" for Bitcoin its better if Satoshi stays a myth at this point maybe later, maybe never IMO

So stop the witchhunt!
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 12:36:03 PM

The reality is the real Satoshi has an incredible amount of wealth and power.  People say, "It doesn't matter who created bitcoin," but it certainly does.  It doesn't affect the code, that has been checked and rechecked.  It doesn't affect us "why" he did it.  What does affect everyone is that he owns 10%.  Satoshi was a creater, an inventor.  All inventors love to invent.  What if...... he left bitcoin.  What if he started working on a new project that was even better.  If he wants to take ALL of the wealth in the bitcoin community to his new creation, he can easily do that.  He sell out every buy wall, and drive the price down to $0.01 per bitcoin and keep it there.  And when it is that low, nobody will buy.  Then he can take all the money he made and transfer it into his new project.  Everybody thinks he wouldn't do that.  Steve Jobs moved Cube to Apple.  That is just one example.  Lots of inventors have turned their back on a previous invention only to incorporate it into a new product they feel is vastly greater.  So yes, it matters who he is as long as he owns 10%.  If he burns it, then it doesn't matter.  If he even so much as touches a single block, the price will go down a lot.  He can instantly devalue everyone's worth by 10% if he puts up a high wall.  Everyone's money just lost 10%, but in reality more.  And if he clears all the walls, which he can do, it is game over for bitcoin.  So yeah, I would like to know who he is and what is plans are.  

Satosh¡ Slot

Activity: 164

Indie Developer

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 01:55:34 PM

And when it is that low, nobody will buy.

I would assume people have a bigger incentive to buy if the price is relatively low. I would definitely buy a few thousand BTC at $0.01.

MOON_2000

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:35:18 PM

Satoshi, whoever you are, thank you, you really worked hard for everyone. Otsukaresama

Maybe it would be better to spend less time trying to find satoshi, and simply promote his ideals. 

If you try to find satoshi, it will only give him troubles and waste his valuable time.

I feel that is something nobody here would like to do.
Satosh¡ Slot

Activity: 164

Indie Developer

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 02:41:44 PM

Satoshi, whoever you are, thank you, you really worked hard for everyone. Otsukaresama

Maybe it would be better to spend less time trying to find satoshi, and simply promote his ideals. 

If you try to find satoshi, it will only give him troubles and waste his valuable time.

I agree, but someone made the argument that if the real satoshi comes forward, especially if he/she/they are spectacular in some way, the news would go nuts about it and tons of people would hear about Bitcoin. Imagine the media frenzy it would cause.

Wheelie

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:44:41 PM

I agree, but someone made the argument that if the real satoshi comes forward, especially if he/she/they are spectacular in some way, the news would go nuts about it and tons of people would hear about Bitcoin. Imagine the media frenzy it would cause.
[/quote]

Then again, if that mass people hears about Bitcoin, it will still be to difficult for a lot of them to find where and how to buy them. There has to be more easy to understand information.
I don't even want to know who Satoshi is at this moment.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:37:58 PM

Like .. hey guys, I'm Satoshi!!!!

Dogtanian

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:10:16 PM

The only thing they would have in common is their smugness, but Satoshi really does have a reason to be smug though maybe he's to meek and humble for that.
frizzers

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:30:10 PM

Where is he based? Anyone know?
jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:04:12 PM

What if Nick Szabo is an Advanced A.I bot? Quietly promoting the ideals of Bitcoin, wouldn't that be awesome? A decentralized automated accounting system being maintained by autonomous A.I workers... crazyness. Smiley

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
MOON_2000

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:41:41 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/32/GeorgeClooneyHWoFJan12.jpg/220px-GeorgeClooneyHWoFJan12.jpg

The only thing they would have in common is their smugness, but Satoshi really does have a reason to be smug though maybe he's to meek and humble for that.

The will remember satoshi longer than this guy..lol
mdotstrange

Activity: 33

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 10:34:03 PM

I thought this was strange- an obituary for Nick Szabo on a UK based funeral home site- same photo on that site as the one from his wikipedia page-they must have posted the wrong photo Shocked
http://bartonhallworth.co.uk/2013/04/nicholas-nick-szabo/
AliceWonder

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:49:37 PM

Satoshi is from the future. In his timeline, he was very poor and bitcoin was invented in 2012 by someone else.

He sold everything he had and bought a one way ticket to come back in time to start bitcoin himself, so his future self would be a trillion-air and not need to travel back in time.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:12:28 PM

Satoshi is from the future. In his timeline, he was very poor and bitcoin was invented in 2012 by someone else.

He sold everything he had and bought a one way ticket to come back in time to start bitcoin himself, so his future self would be a trillion-air and not need to travel back in time.

Years later, someone else would decide to sell everything for a one way ticket to the past so (s)he could invent bitcoin, and the history would repeat again Smiley.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 11:30:47 PM

This is a picture of Nick Szabo:

He looks like a turtle. So is there zero pictures of Szabo?
Bitcoin created by intelligent extraterrestrial turtles CONFIRMED.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: