Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 11:32:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: White coin forked & Cryptsy froze deposits  (Read 3954 times)
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:27:15 AM

Anyone else have missing deposits ?
seen any word on a fork ?

i have been waiting for 4 hrs as Cryptsy says it looks into a fork they said on chat.. i want my coins.. the price is dropping Sad

FUD first & ask questions later™
portice
Legendary

Activity: 999
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:17:03 AM

Not a fork, just Cryptsy pretty much sucks as per usual, damn shame though, I missed some good arbitrage.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:56:38 AM

Anytime a new coin comes out that is profitable, Cryptsy mysteriously forgets how to make deposits work, lets thousands of people deposit a few million dollars in coins, then doesn't allow anyone to access them while mysteriously a bunch of sales are still going on at their site.  The VTC introduction to Cryptsy was the biggest textbook case of this.

I highly doubt there was a fork.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:03:31 AM

ditto and i told them that to their face on Chat ..Hours and BJ heard me loud and clear i didn't buy it.
and it was funny only 1 other guy i seen on chat mention it and for all i know it was staff member playing games.. who knows.
they did similar when BTC was piking up lots before and it got predictable and i wasn't the only guy who mentioned all over the scene either
BCX made a topic about it stating that exactly and i laughed said i know man it's pretty damn obvious..

i don't think there is any doubt their fucking around playing games and have upped the ante and are now making coins
they hired Mullick and brought him to Florida ? Caps coin dev ? well i should said guy that had Shakezuklu make / fix the coin for him ?
i could go on with ties.. you can see the stretch from one coin to another to their individual staff members like spider web.
So yeah duh they are making them and run an exchange see any abuse angle ? lol obviously right ?

If things LOOK fishy then i say they LOOK fishy period .

and this reeks..

PS:
i sent coins from 2 pools at 6:37pm my time and it's 3:52am and no sign of them yet.
when i bitched on chat Horus kept trying to get me to not talk about it and after he announced a minute later there was a problem with deposits
and that will add the bad news info to their twitter feed.. they did not !

No info was added to their main page twitter feed.. all it's says last is the coin WC and two others were newly added.
So explain to me how it's honest not warning people and letting them send coins if they know full well there is a problem ?
Or maybe they didn't want to post that because they fucked me and me only ? lol who knows..

classy operation..
one full year of them fucking with coins and not telling anyone..
is it too much to ask they warn people via their twitter feed when they disable deposits / withdrawals or freeze a markets or pull a coin ?
and hey lets not forget every other fork i seen in the last year they pulled the coin so why did they leave the coin on this time ?
someone wanted to dump their coins ? and considering how popular WC was today that is not a coincidence..

scammy fuckers big time !
and i posted this because i want them to be reminded who is in charge..

I AM Smiley

and don't forget it.

the only thing they are in charge of, is squatting down on their reputation and taking a big long shit on it.. enjoy smart guys. lol

Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:07:12 AM

Thats what cryptsy do.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:19:02 AM

If anyone wants to see my TX data here ya go..

6a94b9c3ab51ee67d04346a8ae2813aaeb338d86d71b96221b4de35e876973c6

that is txid of my bigger transfer from www.ipominer.com pool for 118 coins (ipominer auto-emailed me the tx details)
i used chunky pool to move out like 10 coins to Cryptsy but i don't have the tx id for that handy..

i used this.. http://wcbe.cipherpool.com/index.php

and it says this...

Transaction: 6a94b9c3ab51ee67d04346a8ae2813aaeb338d86d71b96221b4de35e876973c6
Detailed Description
TX Version
TX Time
April 20, 2014, 02:57:25
Lock Time
Confirmations
Block Hash
00000000000c897df5a05bcbc3f4e9bbf60bcbbf70ec57691e1db5b947247936

Output Transaction 2
TX Value
TX Type
pubkeyhash
Required Sigs
Script Pub Key (ASM)
OP_DUP OP_HASH160
fd0464b6682dd05a195e2b4a7fad8c1b31c551bd
OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG
Script Pub Key (HEX)
76a914fd0464b6682dd05a195e2b4a7fad8c1b31c551bd88ac
Address 0
Wmjs6iiri9Czc9sUdNNUFef8AAZbBybVb3

TrollboxChamp

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:34:55 AM

They sold your coins at the top. Then buy em back for half the price. haha
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:42:36 AM

They sold your coins at the top. Then buy em back for half the price. haha

laugh but it's a real possibility Sad

i'm sure a lot of exchanges do this regularly like i am sure i have busted BTER doing it..

BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 12:26:46 PM

Wallets break, fork crash etc. Ours is currently having issues Cryptsy developers didn't write the whitecoin wallet. Once we get it running on the chain again deposits will process  and withdraws will go out.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 12:43:31 PM

Wallets break, fork crash etc. Ours is currently having issues Cryptsy developers didn't write the whitecoin wallet. Once we get it running on the chain again deposits will process  and withdraws will go out.

cryptsy says a fork with no evidence? perhaps the wallet just crashed.?

i just have just withdrawn white from mintpal and worked no issues?

More than likely cryptsy having problems since i don't see issues on any of the other exchanges with it.  

BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 12:45:45 PM

Wallets break, fork crash etc. Ours is currently having issues Cryptsy developers didn't write the whitecoin wallet. Once we get it running on the chain again deposits will process  and withdraws will go out.

More than likely cryptsy having problems since i don't see issues on any of the other exchanges with it.  

Our wallet is back online our wallet had issues was no fork.
hloren70

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 12:48:28 PM

That's what I thought. Glad I use Mintpal!
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 12:57:24 PM

That's what I thought. Glad I use Mintpal!

Mintpal has the same issues we both have wallets go up and down. Its the joy of having so many opensource cryptocoins.
MCXnever

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:03:53 PM

Yeah lets use Mintpal this look promising https://support.mintpal.com/index.php?module=announce&sec=view&id=3 they all have issues.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:15:27 PM

coins showed after exactly 12 hours  Roll Eyes
that must have been one hell of  a "fork" lol

edit:
learn to inform your customers.. pulling the plug on them with no warning or explanation is mind shatteringly bad business..
you guys have been told to do this for a year and you say ya ya y aya yay and keep up the crap..

there is ZERO excuse for bs behavior like that.

it takes 2 seconds tow warn people via titter or what ever soo someone is not screwed waiting 12 straight hours (or months in some cases for coins)

so no i am not even reading your replies i don't want to hear it there is NO EXCUSE at all period.

common sense goes a long way guys..

BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:21:29 PM

Think Ill say it again since you failed to read the earlier replies it was not a fork. Crashed wallet..... And yes a crashed wallet can take more than 12 hours. Why no announcement takes us time to determine if its going to be a short or a long fix.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:29:03 PM

Think Ill say it again since you failed to read the earlier replies it was not a fork. Crashed wallet..... And yes a crashed wallet can take more than 12 hours. Why no announcement takes us time to determine if its going to be a short or a long fix.

takes 2 secs to make an announcement , also don't say fork if it isn't one it damages confidence.

I still trust cryptsy more than the others over all, but still they need to work on keeping customers informed.

also the title of the thread is misleading now since there was no folk. I saw this and immediately assumed there was a fork.

This is exactly why exchanges shouldn't suggest there is one if they don't know what is wrong. Just seal the market, say there is an issue and you are working on it ...do it at once so people know you are looking into it, and update as you find out more facts. Seems easy enough.

BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:35:53 PM

takes 2 secs to make an announcement , also don't say fork if it isn't one it damages confidence.

I still trust cryptsy more than the others over all, but still they need to work on keeping customers informed.

also the title of the thread is misleading now since there was no folk. I saw this and immediately assumed there was a fork.

This is exactly why exchanges shouldn't suggest there is one if they don't know what is wrong. Just seal the market, say there is an issue and you are working on it ...do it at once so people know you are looking into it, and update as you find out more facts. Seems easy enough.

An announcement was made in chat for exactly the reasons you stated we typically do not tweet unconfirmed bad news about a coin as we do not want to hurt the market. Maintenance took a bit longer than expected is all.
paulsonnumismatics

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:41:36 PM

I dont like Cryptsy at all. Countless hours waiting for deposits, withdrawals and oh my. The thing that annoys me more is the absolute lack of communication on Twitter. Vern is only focused on adding pairs and stuff like that.
Its gonna be funny with cash deposits. This forum is going to be a drama. I remember the other day with the duplicate charges... wow.

This space is for lease, apparently.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:45:59 PM

Yeah but come on guys cryptsy has done a LOT for alts. Let's not forget the months we traded there when there was nowhere else stepping up, and the ones that did mostly ran with our coins or lost them.

Cryptsy is good but a few bugs and support issues. Has got better lately though.

I trust it more than the others not to vanish.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: