Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 12:57:20 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What are your thoughts on changing Mjollnircoin fundementals ?
I want to see MNR go full PoS - 7 (18.4%)
I want to see MNR go hybrid PoS/PoW - 15 (39.5%)
Please do not change anything, keep it PoW - 13 (34.2%)
I have no idea - 3 (7.9%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Mjollnircoin - MNR - Ultra-secure, Fast Transactions & ASIC resistant  (Read 80147 times)
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:27:04 PM

Pools, hash rates and miners
pool
24h Ghash/s
delta %
% of network
workers
delta %
rate/miner
fee %
payout
     1gh
RBPPS
     noncepool
PPLNS
     suprnova
PROP
MjollnirCoin Pools: hash rate % of network
MjollnirCoin Pools: hash ratesMjollnirCoin Pools: workersMjollnirCoin Pools: hash rate/worker
All pools currently listed.

Block progression and luck
pool
7d Ghash/s
% of network
7d blocks
% of network
7d luck %
3d luck %
24h luck %
     1gh
     noncepool
     suprnova
     residual
MjollnirCoin Pools: block progress over hash rate
Higher hash rates (vertical axis) typically result in more blocks found (more dots along horizontal axis).
Density of dots is indicative of luck - closer together is greater luck, further apart is lower luck.
Luck is a ratio between % of blocks found and % of network hashrate claimed and should ideally hover around 100%.
MjollnirCoin Pools: blocks found last 24hMjollnirCoin Pools: 7-day luck

Mining and pool takes (indicative, not authoritative)
The previous day, 736 blocks with an average reward of 50 MNR were found on the network for a total of 36,850.03 MNR distributed.
At an average network hash rate of 4,828Ghash/s, a miner having 1Ghash/s would have earned approximately 7,621.75 MNR (minus pool fees),
that could be traded for BTC0.1600568436 ($100.08)
pool
24h blocks
fee %
MNR take
BTC
$USD
     1gh
     noncepool
     suprnova
MjollnirCoin Exchange rate
Market cap: 2,522,750MNR | BTC52.98 | $33,126

1gh Top hash distribution profile
1gh top (Mhash/s)
Top 10
Top 100
Total
Mean
Median
% of pool
% of network
MjollnirCoin Pool '1gh', top workers hash rate distribution

Like these Stats Posts? Donate MjollnirCoin: METCGJeKpyjr73KHDwo9k2jWe3J5s97rt7

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:12:17 PM

Some idiot is still voting for this on Mintpal.  Some people don't have brains.  When has a voted coin that had low volume ever benefited from being added to MP?  Never - all it does is kill any chance the coin has to survive or succeed.
mjollnircoin (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:15:34 PM

Some idiot is still voting for this on Mintpal.  Some people don't have brains.  When has a voted coin that had low volume ever benefited from being added to MP?  Never - all it does is kill any chance the coin has to survive or succeed.

Don't worry about it, it is not within our control

When it comes to it, we can see if we can bribe the Exchange platform not to enlist us.

juampybarea

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:34:54 PM

Some idiot is still voting for this on Mintpal.  Some people don't have brains.  When has a voted coin that had low volume ever benefited from being added to MP?  Never - all it does is kill any chance the coin has to survive or succeed.

When it comes to it, we can see if we can bribe the Exchange platform not to enlist us.

yeah, that's true! I guess there's people that is voting for MNR without knowing what is the coin about or even this forum! It's out of our control.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:45:12 PM

Unfortunately they've stopped taking bribes Smiley
MEGAman

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:44:22 AM

If this coin hits MintPal it will be dead. As soon as people see a coin on MintPal with low volume they stay away. Without the MintPal listing it can fly under the radar a bit and people think they can get in early and make money/etc - once it's on MintPal, you lose all of that as the free market will establish a low value that can never recover. The idiots voting for this coin will almost certainly kill any value it has left (which is ironic because they're surely voting thinking that it will increase the value so they can dump).

The good news for you guys is that these votes are almost all coming from VNCs that used to do automated bot voting and the IPs are still the same. All of these purchased votes will surely be removed as soon as MintPal runs an audit so whoever is doing it is throwing away money either way (either it hits MintPal and hurts their investment or the votes are removed and they wasted money paying for bots). The voting system shuts down September 1st anyway and it's unlikely it will get listed against all of the removed votes and other coins going crazy voting before the "deadline" as well. Man people are stupid.

Also - why does the Mjölnir logo look like RoboCop's penis?
reorder

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:17:25 PM

Also - why does the Mjölnir logo look like RoboCop's penis?

Ever seen a warhammer looking like a flower or something?
rgm108

Activity: 274

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:04:03 PM

Hi guys/gals

Downloaded the new wallet (07JUL2014). It syncs up to block 42741 and then stops.
Any advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance...

PS. Added the addnode in conf file. Still no dice.

SPECTRE                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
     ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
            │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │    ███
███  │    ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
mjollnircoin (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:38:28 PM

Hi guys/gals

Downloaded the new wallet (07JUL2014). It syncs up to block 42741 and then stops.
Any advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance...

This can be a lot of things, configuration error, network error, problem with the db, etc

If you want, you can run with the -debug commandline option and PM me debug.txt to see what Mjollnircoin says exactly

Normally, you would backup your wallet.dat and remove the block chain files, this will cause Mjollnircoin to sync from the start
(download all the blocks anew). If you are on Windows, these files are in your Roaming folder (which may be hidden)
For step-by-step instruction, please tell what exactly you are running.

If it was a networking error, then it should be solved by now

rgm108

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:35:19 PM

Hi guys/gals

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance...

This can be a lot of things, configuration error, network error, problem with the db, etc

If you want, you can run with the -debug commandline option and PM me debug.txt to see what Mjollnircoin says exactly

Normally, you would backup your wallet.dat and remove the block chain files, this will cause Mjollnircoin to sync from the start
(download all the blocks anew). If you are on Windows, these files are in your Roaming folder (which may be hidden)
For step-by-step instruction, please tell what exactly you are running.

If it was a networking error, then it should be solved by now

Hi again
PM sent.
I'm running Windows 7, 64bit.

▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
            │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │    ███
███  │    ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
mjollnircoin (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 12:11:08 AM

There is now a new wallet released https://sourceforge.net/projects/mjollnircoin/files/releases/0.8.7.1/

This is a bugfix release for version 0.8.7.0

Changes:

The checkpoint for block 42742 was wrongly added in 0.8.7.0, this prevented (new) users to synchronize with the block chain
(The wallet starts with checkpointing enabled)

Thanks to rgm108 for reporting the problem! 

Windows wallet is released, Mac OS X and others follow soon.
rgm108

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:21:40 AM

There is now a new wallet released https://sourceforge.net/projects/mjollnircoin/files/releases/0.8.7.1/

This is a bugfix release for version 0.8.7.0

Changes:

The checkpoint for block 42742 was wrongly added in 0.8.7.0, this prevented (new) users to synchronize with the block chain
(The wallet starts with checkpointing enabled)

Thanks to rgm108 for reporting the problem! 

Windows wallet is released, Mac OS X and others follow soon.

This worked perfectly.
Thank you very much for the fast response and fix Smiley

PS: Thanks for the bounty. That just doubled my day's farming activity  Wink

▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
            │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │    ███
███  │    ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
MEGAman

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:49:36 AM

I see MNR is still flying up the voting list due to purchased bot voting on MintPal - I think this pretty much sums up the future of this coin: doomed. No coin that bought it's way onto MintPal illegitimately ever sustained it's pre-MintPal value for more than 72 hours. It's a death sentence for a low-volume coin. Who would be dumb enough to continue paying for these votes? Unless it's a deliberate sabotage it's senseless. Blows my mind that people actually think just getting listed on MintPal will cause the coin to spike in value and volume. Take a look at Yellowcoin for an example of how that works out (or any of the others that bought their way on). Stupid. So much more profit could be had with smaller exchanges.
mjollnircoin (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 06:11:14 PM

I see MNR is still flying up the voting list due to purchased bot voting on MintPal - I think this pretty much sums up the future of this coin: doomed. No coin that bought it's way onto MintPal illegitimately ever sustained it's pre-MintPal value for more than 72 hours. It's a death sentence for a low-volume coin. Who would be dumb enough to continue paying for these votes? Unless it's a deliberate sabotage it's senseless. Blows my mind that people actually think just getting listed on MintPal will cause the coin to spike in value and volume. Take a look at Yellowcoin for an example of how that works out (or any of the others that bought their way on). Stupid. So much more profit could be had with smaller exchanges.

I have requested MintPal to take down MNR Voting through a support ticket.

It would be great if other people can send the same message or report the bot activity (is this in compliance with mintpal policy ?)

Also, MintPal will take down their coin voting on September 1st 2014;

If at all, we will do this problem as it comes - development will not stop by getting delisted.

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 07:31:06 PM

It would be great if other people can send the same message or report the bot activity (is this in compliance with mintpal policy ?)

If at all, we will do this problem as it comes - development will not stop by getting delisted.

Thing is they never listen but I'll give it a shot.  It probably won't get to the top in time anyway.
mjollnircoin (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:13:22 PM

Thing is they never listen but I'll give it a shot.  It probably won't get to the top in time anyway.

That's right
MEGAman

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:51:43 AM

You definitely don't want to be trading on MintPal until you are doing at least 25+ BTC in average daily volume elsewhere. The smart play would be de-listing it as right now there are over 500 bot votes/day - at that pace it could be listed in 3-4 weeks unless the other competition doing bot-voting starts to catch up. Is it a sabotage attempt? I mean if this cracks the top 5 I would sell whatever you have before it hits because it will be dead within 2 weeks of trading on MP. It blows my mind how little people understand economics - it's probably a wealthy 16-year-old Chinese kid that is stubborn enough to believe he knows better than everyone else (I've had a lot of run-ins with kids like this and they just kill coin after coin over and over). Stop supporting these scam voting services and stop scamming your way onto exchanges - it actually just hurts your investment.
mjollnircoin (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:56:24 PM

You definitely don't want to be trading on MintPal until you are doing at least 25+ BTC in average daily volume elsewhere. The smart play would be de-listing it as right now there are over 500 bot votes/day - at that pace it could be listed in 3-4 weeks unless the other competition doing bot-voting starts to catch up. Is it a sabotage attempt? I mean if this cracks the top 5 I would sell whatever you have before it hits because it will be dead within 2 weeks of trading on MP. It blows my mind how little people understand economics - it's probably a wealthy 16-year-old Chinese kid that is stubborn enough to believe he knows better than everyone else (I've had a lot of run-ins with kids like this and they just kill coin after coin over and over). Stop supporting these scam voting services and stop scamming your way onto exchanges - it actually just hurts your investment.

Yes, if at all possible. There has been no response to our request yet to take MNR voting down. I'll try to track them down on this forum and contact them directly.

It is possible this is a deliberate attempt to sabotage Mjollnircoin; The vote count has rapidly increased since we started discussing this and it is obvious that MNR does not have the Volume required to sustain itself at MintPal. Your character profiling may be correct.

But as you know, Exchange platforms can list any coin they like for the Market; Like said before, MintPal should not be interested in a low volume coin as MNR is now.
When MNR does get the Volume, Exchanges will be quick to add it to the Market simply because they do not want to miss a piece of the pie.

We have been accepted to Bittrex through a GiveAway, while true we did buy votes for (the now late) CryptoAltTex we have since not payed for any exchange related service.
MEGAman

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:57:21 PM

Yes, if at all possible. There has been no response to our request yet to take MNR voting down. I'll try to track them down on this forum and contact them directly.

It is possible this is a deliberate attempt to sabotage Mjollnircoin; The vote count has rapidly increased since we started discussing this and it is obvious that MNR does not have the Volume required to sustain itself at MintPal. Your character profiling may be correct.

But as you know, Exchange platforms can list any coin they like for the Market; Like said before, MintPal should not be interested in a low volume coin as MNR is now.
When MNR does get the Volume, Exchanges will be quick to add it to the Market simply because they do not want to miss a piece of the pie.

We have been accepted to Bittrex through a GiveAway, while true we did buy votes for (the now late) CryptoAltTex we have since not payed for any exchange related service.

Exactly. All-to-often a coin that's flying a bit under the radar that I am acquiring gets bot-voted onto MintPal and it's dead within a couple weeks. Threads die, value goes through the floor, etc. Happens over and over. Slow growth is key to long-term success and trading on the NYSE of altcoin exchanges too soon is a kiss of death. I have nothing against MintPal - it's great for high-volume coins in high demand - but grinding things out on the smaller exchanges first while building a base of support/etc is the key. Just fail to understand the logic. It's like nobody pays attention to history.
EjArIKej

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 09:53:43 PM

Hello
I would like to start mine MNR on http://mnr.1gh.com/

Which rig from this site: https://www.betarigs.com/ is proper for this coin?
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: