Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:44:20 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Final Warning for Long-term holders...  (Read 12109 times)
Jr65 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:07:39 PM

I have a law degree/MBA (that makes me a lawyer) and I am a partner in an investment banking firm. How does being one preclude being the other? I know many investment bankers who have law degrees. Not uncommon! Something smells worse about you.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:15:32 PM

I have a law degree/MBA (that makes me a lawyer) and I am a partner in an investment banking firm. How does being one preclude being the other? I know many investment bankers who have law degrees. Not uncommon! Something smells worse about you.

"Lawyer".  So is that J.D. or LL.B?  Further, an MBA has nothing to do with being a lawyer and to be honest, I couldn't care less.
Raystonn

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:26:46 PM

In the USD markets, level of education tends to be inversely correlated with trading performance.  It is not uncommon to find PhDs who espouse complicated numerical theories, yet cannot make $1 to save their careers.  The markets punish arrogance.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:37:12 PM

I know Bankruptcy law, simple economics and that the BTC infrastructure cannot easily handle the liquidation of 200,000 coins, much less the additional missing coins if they are found. I don't even know how to short BTC. Tell me and I will because, it may spike, but afterwards, it's going down down down and I'd love to take your money. Talk is cheap and I have already talked way too much. I'm done trying to help educate others because no one wants to hear it. I didn't write that long post to hurt anyone! I wrote it to give a friendly slant on how I see the future for BTC. I regret the hell out of posting it because it has done nothing but heap insults upon me.  

'It may spike'. Being the operative phrase. I too am convinced that Bitcoin is going way down over the piece but guess what it just did. It 'spiked'.

U can short on Bitfinex, BTC-e, and Kraken (not really much volume there though).

Beware also of corrupt exchanges farming stop losses and fake volume from China driving BTC price around like a bitch. To put this market in a nutshell, I am totally convinced Bitcoin is being totally fucked with by some kind of Chinese Cyber Mafia.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Jr65 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:56:54 PM

If lawyers and people with MBAs have no connection, then why are there Joint J.D./MBA programs at almost every University in the country, wise guy? I get that you don't care and, guess what, no one cares that you don't care. "A fool and his money are soon parted." You're a fool and I love that you think that I'm a conspiracy theorist. That's hilarious and it makes me proud. We'll just see how you feel when BTC drops $300 in a day. Happy Easter.   
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:57:51 AM

If lawyers and people with MBAs have no connection, then why are there Joint J.D./MBA programs at almost every University in the country, wise guy? I get that you don't care and, guess what, no one cares that you don't care. "A fool and his money are soon parted." You're a fool and I love that you think that I'm a conspiracy theorist. That's hilarious and it makes me proud. We'll just see how you feel when BTC drops $300 in a day. Happy Easter.   

It's probably to con flaky people who can't commit to a career path into their programs.  Or possibly it's to give the people who went to law school and can't find jobs an alternative career path, considering job prospects for new law grads is shit.   I don't care to speculate what self-inflationary BS reasoning you have for your own choices though.

Just calling a spade a spade buddy.  Bring on that $300 drop, I'll still be up 4,000 percent and waiting on the sidelines to buy like a madman. 

Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:00:32 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 01:22:10 AM by Melbustus

OP, you need to understand where some of us are coming from when we're being dismissive of these sorts of concerns.

Over the years, there have been quite a few events in bitcoin (and even simply theories) that resulted in seemingly reasoned and plausible arguments as to why these were likely to be the end of bitcoin or close to it. Off the top of my head, here are some events I was around for that spawned this sort of talk:

- The June 2011 MtGox hack.
- The mybitcoin heist.
- The pirateat40 ponzi.
- The bitcoinica mess.
- The glbse mess.
- The FinCEN guidance.
- The March 2013 Blockchain fork.
- The April 2013 crash.
- The Summer 2013 MtGox Dwolla seizure.
- The SilkRoad 1 seizure.
- The China "ban".
- The SilkRoad 2 shutdown/theft.
- Transaction malleability.
- The MtGox insolvency.
- No really, the China "ban" again.
- No really, MtGox again...

....and I'm sure I'm missing a bunch....

So please forgive us if our attitude toward another one of these is mostly "meh".

Edit: Didn't mean to come off as if I don't want to hear your opinion or see threads like this. I always find it valuable to consider all angles of an argument, so thanks for posting.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:02:04 AM

1)  Nobody cares that you're a lawyer.  You write like a 3rd grader, which is more indicative of intelligence level than your degree.

2)  You call your own predictions worthless, admitted only 2 days ago that you don't even grasp Bitcoin yet, then mock people who are holding BTC long term, as idiots who are going to lose all their money.

Put those two together, and you have absolutely nothing to contribute to this forum.

Just my opinion.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 01:38:17 AM

The gox insolvency amounted to over half a billion dollars in losses. It's not the same as when btc was only worth a few dollars.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
jamesc760

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:58:39 AM

BTC and real world do NOT compare. Just because you have lots of RL experience does not mean your bitcoin insight merits special consideration. In fact, I'd argue your RL experience becomes hindrance.

MtGox is IRRELEVANT at this point in terms of bitcoin price. The newly found 200K coins will be auctioned off, we all know that and whoever is lucky to pick them up at auction will be smart enough to hold them, not flood the market and drive down the price. If I receive news that MtGox coins are being sold off somehow, I hope I have cash to scoop them up as soon as I can.

As I said, the OP's analysis is shite due probably to too much RL experience and not enough BTC experience.
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:12:06 AM

How does the liquidator sell the 200k BTC for $50 when the market price of BTC is $500 and not get sued?

Slingshot

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:18:22 AM

Clearly the OP is not anywhere near qualified to be making the baseless
statements that he has just made in this thread.

He fancy's himself as some wizard when as soon as he opens his mouth he made
an ass out of himself with grammar resembling an illiterate person who rarely
writes anything but their signature.

As for his analysis it's about as childlike as it comes. ("Short, medium term btc
will crash, but long term it will shine brightly, or something to that effect"). All
because the courts will mercilessly dump and trash the value of btc and then
turn around and not give back any btc. I seriously doubt that OP.

Any customers are going to be receiving back some of their bitcoins, not cash.
Unless of course the courts care to spend a whole lot of time trying to exchange
btc for cash of various ever depreciating fiat currencies. The customers lost btc,
the courts will likely do the easier thing and simply return any btc to the victims.

As for any other creditors they will be paid too, a fraction of what their owed,
just like the victims (customers of Gox). Maybe in btc, or maybe in their
respective currencies. But no court is going to dare recklessly dump onto the
shallow and thin btc market a whole lot of anything all at once. Even the court
jesters are not complete dimwits in that regards and will strive to return btc to
the victims (customers).

As for any other financial type parasites that try to buy Gox for 1 btc and then
 make a go of it their in for real heartache. But I sure hope they waste their time
beating on a dead horse and losing cause. The vultures and maggots along with
the parasites are already trying to worm their way into Mt. Gox 2.0, but it's a
lost cause. Only the mailing list is worthy of any bidding wars and that is exactly
what these bottom feeding scumbags are after.

As for the OP; his unprofessional presentation displays a clear and convincing
message that he is not the success he claims to be, nor even remotely qualified
to make such statements. He didn't even have a basis for any short and mid term
crashes except "their going to dump it all". Nonsense.

Rather he is likely the enemy, another parasite (low level bank employee or
whatever), whomdemands it's their way damn everything else along with everyone
else. Screw that. A lot of scumbags want to see btc prices crash so they can score
a ten bagger or more. Good luck with that Scumbags! NOT.

Bitcoin is, was, and will be a roaring success, with, or without parasite banksters
and shylock lawyers whom demand bailouts for failure. And demand to seek and
destroy anything they can't steal for mere pennies on the dollar, and all while
charging a kings ransom for just a few hours of their time.

I am horrified how the parasites are coming out of the woodwork screaming this,
that and everything else as to why Bitcoin will ultimately fail, or instead merely
crash again and again, until finally ushering in a brave new world. The latter being
much like the OP thinks.

No one knows the future, we can merely estimate and speculate. But it's obvious
that those that think their obviously far more bright than others are really only
proving vividly here that they have their heads up their own asses.

Since I am one of the very few that was short before and during the 2008
bankster and wall street pandemic of fraud and greed I will say that the odds
are in bitcoins favor, and that the current trading range of ~$400 to ~$1200 that I
fully estimated way back last year is holding up quite nicely if I do say so myself.

I also write much better too.

Not only am I a real life speculator at least twice the OP's age or savvy I beat all
the parasites on wall street, at the banks, and the loser lawyer filled halls of congress
right up until they forced their losers into being winners by changing the rules after
 the fact and tossing 26 Trillion to date towards themselves and their global masters.

In other words Their the very reason for Bitcoin,  & you too OP. And all your like and
kind. No more. NO MORE. NEVER, EVER AGAIN.

NO MORE DEBT BASED CURRENCIES with USURY RATES of INTEREST loaned to client
nation states into PERPETUITY from PRIVATE MAGGOT BANKSTERS. NOT EVER AGAIN.

Of course notice how the OP being a lawyer and all that skips right over the very
reasoning and logic behind Bitcoin, and how it is not stoppable by anyone.

Lawyers are today a dime a dozen and soon to be obsolete for many tasks
altogether. Much the same for many other so called professionals whom are
merely in RICO rackets and like to think of themselves as something special.

But their certainly not special, nor very talented. Nor well educated, much less
well trained or even remotely savvy . In fact their almost all a bunch of losers.
Loser parasites. Shake down thieves in their very own criminal racket, and doing
their best to make it look like their all something they are NOT.

Give it a rest OP. Take a deep breath, spend a few YEARS analyzing btc, then
decades as a student of macro economics, an INDEPENDENT student. And then
toss in several decades of practicing real capitalism without the vulture creed of
lawyers and doctors whom cherish bankrupting widows and orphans for as much
as inhumanly possible during the last generation or so.

I stated a lot more below but erased it and decided to be nice.

Yes, this is myself behaving. For now...

Stick to bankruptcy rackets "Mr. Lawyer" because your an idiot here in this league.

Hint:
 For years ass wipes like you come and go stating this, that and the other. All while
talking out your asses.

My trail and breadcrumbs are all there to see for yourselves.

Even my predictions of the current trading range of btc. And a whole lot more.

Much of it will serve the younger generations well. And I didn't even leave a place
to donate anything tomyself simply because I am not a self serving fool groveling
for peanuts from the masses interested in Bitcoin.

Caveat emptor
jamesc760

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:05:59 AM

Well said, slingshot. F**k the lawyers and MBA's of the world. Off with their heads.
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:16:02 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 05:28:04 AM by TERA

It would be pretty bullish if the price were to return to a point where it was supported by buying rather than by hoarding.

Honestly, "hoarding" is just a derogatory term for "saving" and "investing". Savings give bitcoins persistent value such that an ecosystem can grow, technologists develop hardware and software, merchants accept bitcoins as currency.

http://themisescircle.org/blog/2014/02/12/im-hoarding-bitcoins-and-no-you-cant-have-any/

This isn't an ethics discussion. This is about the strength of the price. If the price is supported by hoarding, that means it's illiquid and fragile, only taking a small amount of coins to be dumped to break the mirage of the hoarded price. If the price is supported by buying, on the other hand, many more coins can be bought and sold at once without effecting the price and the decisions of a single large holder will not have an effect.

Which one of these looks like a stronger market to you?

The liquid market is much more stable, much more functionally useful, and has a much larger accessible market cap than the hoarded market. The hoarded market is a ticking bomb that could go off at any time based on the decisions of an individual.
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:44:07 AM

It would be pretty bullish if the price were to return to a point where it was supported by buying rather than by hoarding.

Honestly, "hoarding" is just a derogatory term for "saving" and "investing". Savings give bitcoins persistent value such that an ecosystem can grow, technologists develop hardware and software, merchants accept bitcoins as currency.

http://themisescircle.org/blog/2014/02/12/im-hoarding-bitcoins-and-no-you-cant-have-any/

This isn't an ethics discussion. This is about the strength of the price. If the price is supported by hoarding, that means it's illiquid and fragile, only taking a small amount of coins to be dumped to break the mirage of the hoarded price. If the price is supported by buying, on the other hand, many more coins can be bought and sold at once without effecting the price and the decisions of a single large holder will not have an effect.

Which one of these looks like a stronger market to you?

The liquid market is much more stable, much more functionally useful, and has a much larger accessible market cap than the hoarded market. The hoarded market is a ticking bomb that could go off at any time based on the decisions of an individual.

I am looking at fundamentals, not ethics. The strongest market is that where a positive feedback loop arises from fundamentals. Your hoarded market looks exactly like the gold market, except its worse as the illusion of buy/sell liquidity is provided by COMEX and LME paper claims and derivatives. Bitcoin is liquid in comparison to gold.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 09:09:13 AM

Do they teach Austrian economics in Law/MBA school? Or are they still teaching that crazy Keynes theory?

Prediction:
"Final Warning for Long-term holders..."

this will not be your "final warning"

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Asrael999

Activity: 703
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:37:37 AM

Forgive my presumption, however, your sentence construction, use of grammar, inability to use paragraphs, and inability to multitask (or be authoritative with your daughter) do not lend credence to your assertion that you are a partner in an investment bank or a lawyer.
Lawyers are generally coherent, well rationalized and efficient with their prose, you are none of these things.
You should also be aware that all the major wall street players gave up on partnerships some years ago. Goldman Sachs still has "partners" but this is simply a title- GS is now a publicly traded company just like Morgan Stanley or BOAML.
fr33d0miz3r

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:23:09 AM

I completely agree with OP.
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:28:11 AM

... The hoarded market is a ticking bomb that could go off at any time based on the decisions of an individual.

True. Especially when that individual is a hacker who controls hundreds of thousands of coins.  Angry

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:47:49 AM

Not only am I a real life speculator at least twice the OP's age or savvy I beat all
the parasites on wall street, at the banks, and the loser lawyer filled halls of congress
right up until they forced their losers into being winners by changing the rules after
 the fact and tossing 26 Trillion to date towards themselves and their global masters.

Man oh man.

Contrary to the assertions in your post, you are a Kool Aid Guzzler of the highest order. U aint no demon trader, u are a demon ranter and raver and the two 'talents' don't really go well together. (I should know).

Now back to your 'I beat the banksters' diatribe and tell us more about how just cos you say that Bitcoin's immediate trading range is between $400 - $1200, that makes it so. After all, u beat the banksters right?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: