Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:43:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Quit smoking  (Read 6671 times)
simtal

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 04:05:09 PM

haha cryptodevil sounds so butthurt. Its a forum, relax, take a chill pill.

Unfortunately for you while the complexity of your language may help your e-peen, it won't help your real one.

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 04:46:36 PM

your e-peen
What, are you five?

Try speaking like a grown-up and actually contributing to the discussion instead.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 04:51:54 PM

others who used a drug specifically designed to help people quit smoking but they reported some pretty weird side effects.
You are talking about Chantix/Champix which, while it can be extremely effective for some, does often result in some really bizarre mood issues and disturbing dreams for quite a number of people apparently.

That's why I recommended Bupropion, it has zero abuse potential, a wide safety margin and very little in the way of reported side-effects.

Vaping, which is no doubt 'healthier' than regular smoking, is still continuing the nicotine/dopamine reward cycle and, while the harmful effects of a plethora or toxic chemicals that are found in tobacco can be avoided to some degree, it is not as good as actually quitting completely.

I agree, but if you can take an immediate step that cuts out most of the harmful effects, I think that's more productive than trying and failing to quit for months/years etc. Some people don't want to go on prescription meds to quit.

Also, it's way easier to work your way down while vaping. I started at 18mg and went down to 12mg after a few months and am dropping down to 6 currently. (Note that the mg doesn't represent how much you actually absorb into your bloodstream, just how much is present in the liquid per milliliter. The amount you actually absorb is much less according to the studies I have seen.)
pilantro

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 12:21:39 AM

smoking indeed is  bad for our health.
Beymond

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:48:05 AM

It's best to slower down then completely stop as you're bound to smoke again.
marilynmanson21

Activity: 1260
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:34:54 AM

smoking indeed is  bad for our health.

yes, smoker knows that but the Q is how to stop it?

do you have suggestion?
leslie.leslie

Activity: 62

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:59:01 AM

yes it is bad for our health. it causes cancer of the lungs.
androz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Crypto-ideologist

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:53:23 AM

I was a moderate smoker for years, i tried to quit with no lasting results. If you don't buy cigarettes, you will end up in bothering friends for random cig.
I tried to hang out mainly with non smokers, this helped me a bit, but wasn't enough.
At the end i tried E-cig. and that was the solution for me.

Now it's more than two years that i don't touch normal cigarette; vaping is 100 times better.
Yes, u still assume nicotine, but in this way u skip all the far more dangerous substances produced by combustion.

imaho it's worth to give a try  Wink

noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 10:10:16 AM

Throw all of your cigarette butts into a jar with water. Every time you want to smoke, take a good breath from the jar. It will eventually smell awful, and just recalling the smell of it will make you quit.

subercoin

Activity: 318

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 10:22:39 AM

How to quit?
Ehh... don't smoke Cheesy
And stick to it.

androz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Crypto-ideologist

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 10:40:12 AM

How to quit?
And stick to it.
Throw all of your cigarette butts into a jar with water. Every time you want to smoke, take a good breath from the jar. It will eventually smell awful, and just recalling the smell of it will make you quit.

Ehh guys, it's easy to speak in this way if you never get addicted  Smiley

bitmaster111

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 10:43:35 AM

How to quit?
And stick to it.

Ehh guys, it's easy to speak in this way if you never get addicted  Smiley

i am sure if i do this i can't stop my warm-ting  into jar !  it will sure full in few seconds
makebitcoin

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:03:35 PM

I was a moderate smoker for years, i tried to quit with no lasting results. If you don't buy cigarettes, you will end up in bothering friends for random cig.
I tried to hang out mainly with non smokers, this helped me a bit, but wasn't enough.

Now it's more than two years that i don't touch normal cigarette; vaping is 100 times better.
Yes, u still assume nicotine, but in this way u skip all the far more dangerous substances produced by combustion.

I've tried e-cigarettes but they make my troath hurt. A big plus to e-cigs is that the refills are really cheap but I can't stand the feeling in my troath.
dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:07:27 PM

I've tried e-cigarettes but they make my troath hurt. A big plus to e-cigs is that the refills are really cheap but I can't stand the feeling in my troath.

If you are talking about like blu, logic, etc the disposable ones, those all suck. Don't waste your time. You need a $20-$100 vaporizer that you put tanks on and refill yourself with high quality liquid. The better liquids are like smoking silk.
daneldanny

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:17:08 PM

If the e-cigarette you tried made your throat hurt it is very likely that either the nicotine level was too high for your preference or there was too much propylene glycol (PG) in the juice.  PG gives juice a stronger throat hit and VG (vegetable glycerin) is smoother with more vapor production.  Newer vapes also give you the option of changing the amount of voltage/wattage going to the coil, giving you much more control over the throat hit/vapor production you like best. 
fatguyyyyy

Activity: 406

Bitcoin Mixer: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 07:42:46 PM

I had a friend who made multiple attempts, and would be could do it for 4 months then pick it up again.

But what really made him do the 1 year mark, was he picked up hiking and I guess he found himself on those hikes.

I suggest to do the same, and thats pretty incredible especially smoking for several years now.

Doing cold turkey is hard, so take on chewing gum instead as well.

Fordee

Activity: 146

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:59:39 PM

This is a thread/topic where you can guarantee a million different answers.

I won't speak for others, but provide an honest perspective.

I smoked about 1.5 packs a day, current Dollar value of about $25/day.... for about 20 yrs.

No amount of trickery, financial calculations, or health benefits I could use helped me care.

Finally, I found perspective...   I didn't own a flatscreen display, so I told myself...

1)  I want to buy a nice 42 inch flat screen tv.. .   I will use it for three months, then smash it apart with a baseball bat, and throw it in the front yard.      I will do this repeatedly.
I will watch the pile grow.    After a year, I will pour gas on the remains, and burn them to a crisp.
I will upgrade to 55' displays, and start again.

Well.. pretty fucking stupid way to waste money eh?

... but I was doing it already.. just with cigarettes. ..   

That was my personal revelation #1.

2)  I realized that my brain was chemically addicted to the nicotine, and any amount will power would be cancelled out by desire to smoke.    I also realized that I don't smoke in my sleep, so that effectively I already quit each day.. and chose to start again..  Why, when it can only get easier onwards from your last smoke?  ...   Life won't end...   What do you do with your hands when your not smoking?    The same things you do the other 90% of your waking day.

3)  I asked my doctor for a combo of Wellbutrin XL (time release), and Champix.     
     I was lucky enough that I didn't have any side effects, but only did the programs for about 15 days.

It worked..  I know have a nice TV (my personal reward), a nice Rum collection (Reward #2), and Bitcoins. (#3).

It's important to remember that you are not 'Quitting' anything.    You are making a personal choice, and rewarding yourself accordingly for success.

As I said, This is only my personal experience... I hope sharing it helps.
leslie.leslie

Activity: 62

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:05:25 AM

our body is so precious to destroy by smoking cigarettes.
centered

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:02:46 AM

smoking is the most dangerous among our healths.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 05:03:18 AM

our body is so precious to destroy by smoking cigarettes.
Yet we destroy it using them, alcohol, drugs and other unhealthy thing.
But what can you do. Stopping isn't easy, changing isn't either.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: