Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:48:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Newbie Flood  (Read 664 times)
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:45:23 PM

People have you noticed that the amount of new accounts has exploded out of control in the last few days ?

It's getting to the point where i am seeing nothing at all but people with 1 or 2 comments hyping scam coins, 10 of these guys per old user on topics.

This forum really needs to start banning people that are creating tons of accounts !
I have no idea why they tolerate this crap :/

and notice how they are all ultra experts running their mouth like leet crypto know it all's ?

I don't want to hear any crap from these 1 post wonders marching around running their mouth..

FUD first & ask questions later™

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:48:16 PM

why is the newbie jail not enforced...?

I think the forum should just make a 1 month release time for these accounts with 50 posts minimum.

Lots of bots i notice too, they just copy and paste a previous statement from a thread.

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:56:54 PM

i looked at coins earlier and a ton were posted by guys with no previous comments at all.
Their first comment was a new coin being posted.

And all i see is these accounts being used for advertising and spamming etc or Trolling.

cocoakrispies

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:03:49 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 01:22:17 PM by cocoakrispies

Good fucking plan guys.

Some people here regularly change their profiles because they like to be debated for the content of their words, not the content of their profiles.

Personally I find a lot of the debates here useless when people are able to respond to who they think I am, rather than reading my posts. FFS I go as far as changing the email to an address to which I own and have no way to recover the PW, and then changing the pw on the btctalk profile to something i would never remember (keyboard mash + copy + paste).

Clearly, there are accounts used for abusing this . . and bots as well. I'm assuming the site knows about the bots now because I'm entering captchas to send messages. It should be entering a captcha every time I post though until xx posts.

Anyways . . censoring people just because they don't have enough posts is not a legitimate way to measure now new they are to this forum.

GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:06:31 PM

Some people have many accounts, one for professional talk and the others for trolling. I am actually a well known hero member here
schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:08:04 PM

I think the forum should just make a 1 month release time for these accounts with 50 posts minimum.

Lots of bots i notice too, they just copy and paste a previous statement from a thread.

+1
 push this thread!
voluntarist500

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:12:58 PM

reminder: not every new account is a scammer.

but yes, they have hired crews now to talk up or down coins. It's buisiness of course.

altcoin with very low inflation, active community, no premine, fair distro and secure network: exactly what you want to invest in? Support Unobtanium
cryptobuddy

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:13:17 PM

Yeah! Too many newbies .. A newbie ANN a coin. Then the same guy creates a lot of other newbies to support the ANN coin.

This happens since "newbie jail" has been abolished.  
induktor

Activity: 710
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:21:06 PM

Yeah! Too many newbies .. A newbie ANN a coin. Then the same guy creates a lot of other newbies to support the ANN coin.

I didn't knew that "newbie jail" was disabled, BAD, too bad!, I don't think 50 posts is the way to go, but at least 10 and, don't know, maybe 2 hours online, would be fine.

BTC addr: 1vTGnFgaM2WJjswwmbj6N2AQBWcHfimSc
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:37:18 PM

Good fucking plan guys.

Some people here regularly change their profiles because they like to be debated for the content of their words, not the content of their profiles.

Personally I find a lot of the debates here useless when people are able to respond to who they think I am, rather than reading my posts. FFS I go as far as changing the email to an address to which I own and have no way to recover the PW, and then changing the pw on the btctalk profile to something i would never remember (keyboard mash + copy + paste).

Clearly, there are accounts used for abusing this . . and bots as well. I'm assuming the site knows about the bots now because I'm entering captchas to send messages. It should be entering a captcha every time I post though until xx posts.

Anyways . . censoring people just because they don't have enough posts is not a legitimate way to measure now new they are to this forum.

you censor yourself changing names..

i disagree with plenty of people and have no need to hide.

your comment is clearly ridiculous nonsense lol

iGotAIDS

Activity: 104

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:37:29 PM

Has anyone stopped to think that the restrictions on new accounts were lifted for the same reasons "Coingen.io" was created by "Hero" members here? Can't effectively regulate this stuff when this site is already over-run with scams and conspiracy.

Best way to stem the flow is to open the floodgates and let it all run away.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:40:17 PM

Some people have many accounts, one for professional talk and the others for trolling. I am actually a well known hero member here

..and one for trolling you say ?

exactly and have you been banned for trolling ?

why do some of us have to follow the rules and you feel your entitled to skip past them creating accounts ?

i would would ban you here and now on the spot for saying the garbage you just said..
read the rules.. Trolling is not allowed Newbie's

put me in charge and you trolls are gonna piss your pants in fear like little babies lol

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:41:23 PM

when did that happen ? jeez that is mega stupid wow !

cocoakrispies

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:57:47 PM

Good fucking plan guys.

you censor yourself changing names..

i disagree with plenty of people and have no need to hide.

your comment is clearly ridiculous nonsense lol

It's not for people like you, or anyone that else that's been here long enough to know better that I do this. I do it for that one in a thousand chance that one of these new profiles has a person behind it that's trying to make an informed decision. It's hard to make a real decision that's my own when I walk into a forum and have no way to avoid thinking "oh wow he's got such a long post dick, he must know a lot so I should read what he has to say" or "oh wow he's made a coin, he must know a lot so maybe I'll flock to that one".

Your identity doesn't matter to me. This is an opinion I've formed after being in forums for a long time. The best way to get your message across is always by cutting out who you are or who you were.

I also do it for myself because I don't need an ego to try and get my point across. Just a few thoughts and a medium through which to share them is all that's needed. If my point is still falling on deaf ears, then that only can force me to refine it so that it actually makes sense.

Using your ego as a crutch to get your point across is ridiculous nonsense lol. It's weak.
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:59:04 PM

..and one for trolling you say ?

exactly and have you been banned for trolling ?

why do some of us have to follow the rules and you feel your entitled to skip past them creating accounts ?

i would would ban you here and now on the spot for saying the garbage you just said..
read the rules.. Trolling is not allowed Newbie's

put me in charge and you trolls are gonna piss your pants in fear like little babies lol

Why do i need to piss my pants because someone hiding behind a keyboard says so? And im not a newbie, i am someone known here
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 02:12:36 PM

because admitting in writing you create alternate accounts here for the purpose of Trolling IS against the rules.
AND.. it's called common sense.

edit:
i say while peeking out from behind my keyboard Wink

HarryPotterCoin

Activity: 85

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:13:45 AM

I am relatively new to bitcointalk.

Although I am newbie, I think implementation of some extent of control will be good.

If one believes in what he/she says is correct and true, there is no need to keep creating new accounts.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: