Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:00:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Limecoin (LC) | UseCryptos | Bittrex | Poloniex | 1 Million Coins EVER |  (Read 35149 times)
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:14:09 AM

Addresses are different, symbols are different, algorithms are different. Had they been cool, I would have changed it right away. But since they came in the thread, talking crazy shit, we will just out perform them and make them obsolete instead
Great. The crypto community will start fighting itself.  Roll Eyes Way to go.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:35:19 AM

Does this coin have a website?
Limecoin (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:37:15 AM

Does this coin have a website?

Yes, but it's not just to download clients and get updates. I also haven't posted the link, yet, because it's not quite finished. We are working on one of our smart systems now. Without saying too much right now, I will post more information when we get on an exchange with higher liquidity across all markets
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:41:10 AM

You guys decide what to do with it. Think you're a good trader? Let's see your pump skills. Nobody can mine more coins to dump after the first few days.
Are there any plans or thought to have this coin integrated into real world transactions, or is it only for trading?
Is it envisioned to be a "store of wealth" or is there no particular vision except what the community comes up with later?

Just asking..as you've compared it to BC. But BC's attraction for me, is it addition to www.coinkite.com
Limecoin (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:57:58 AM

You guys decide what to do with it. Think you're a good trader? Let's see your pump skills. Nobody can mine more coins to dump after the first few days.
Are there any plans or thought to have this coin integrated into real world transactions, or is it only for trading?
Is it envisioned to be a "store of wealth" or is there no particular vision except what the community comes up with later?

Just asking..as you've compared it to BC. But BC's attraction for me, is it addition to www.coinkite.com

When you see what we do with the website it will make more sense. With only 1,000,000 total, just holding them is the smartest thing to do, both short and long term
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:02:14 AM

When you see what we do with the website it will make more sense. With only 1,000,000 total, just holding them is the smartest thing to do, both short and long term
Since the coins are pretty much infinitely divisible why should the amount of coins matter?
If less coins is better, why stop at 1 million?
Limecoin (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:03:09 AM

Since the coins are pretty much infinitely divisible why should the amount of coins matter?
Is less coins is better, why stop at 1 million?

So they aren't worth .00000001 LTC

Overproduction is what is devaluing the USD and most cryptos. That is why we chose no PoS, as well. So there is no new supply. This will make that .0001 transaction fee worth a lot more. That will keep miners on when the block reward is 0 and only rewards with transaction fees
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:09:19 AM

Overproduction is what is devaluing the USD and most cryptos
What is the difference between having 1 coin out of 1 million and having 1000 coins out of 1 billion? It's the same percentage of a fixed pie. The problem with the USD is that the pie is increasing, without any limit on how big the pie will get, especially WRT economic growth.

Limecoin (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:17:42 AM

Overproduction is what is devaluing the USD and most cryptos
What is the difference between having 1 coin out of 1 million and having 1000 coins out of 1 billion? It's the same percentage of a fixed pie. The problem with the USD is that the pie is increasing, without any limit on how big the pie will get, especially WRT economic growth.

With each new coin mined, every other indivudal coin that exists loses a fraction of its value, regardless of the total market cap
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:08:33 AM

With each new coin mined, every other indivudal coin that exists loses a fraction of its value, regardless of the total market cap
If that were the case the Bitcoin would only go down, but it's value has increased. So whether your coin becomes valuable depends on whether people want it, not whether more coins are still being released
What I think you mean (without getting too pedantic) is its proportion of the available pie decreases.
But with Bitcoin this is not a problem as we know there is only  21 million coins. Some are released, some are yet to be released.
There is no limit when it comes to a fiat currency. So I don't think you can
You are just choosing to experiment with releasing them over a different time period. You are speeding up the mining. You aren't changing the nature of it.

Anyway...good luck with the experiment
Limecoin (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:42:22 PM

If that were the case the Bitcoin would only go down, but it's value has increased. So whether your coin becomes valuable depends on whether people want it, not whether more coins are still being released
What I think you mean (without getting too pedantic) is its proportion of the available pie decreases.
But with Bitcoin this is not a problem as we know there is only  21 million coins. Some are released, some are yet to be released.
There is no limit when it comes to a fiat currency. So I don't think you can
You are just choosing to experiment with releasing them over a different time period. You are speeding up the mining. You aren't changing the nature of it.

Anyway...good luck with the experiment

Correct. If Bitcoin only had 1,000,000 coins total, it's price per unit would be through the roof. Adding value comes after adding utility
Limecoin (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:03:18 PM

Block Reward just dropped to 15.63 LC each
JimPeopleburger

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 12:19:30 AM

I like this lil coin and mined on launch...which was not the smoothest of launches honestly. I'd love to see it on polo! Hopefully my LC purse isnt full of digital rocks! I like the scarcer coins personally, less ability to pump and dump imo, which is what got me mining it. Or am I totally wrong about that?
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 01:46:31 AM

I like this lil coin and mined on launch...which was not the smoothest of launches honestly. I'd love to see it on polo! Hopefully my LC purse isnt full of digital rocks! I like the scarcer coins personally, less ability to pump and dump imo, which is what got me mining it. Or am I totally wrong about that?

Can't really blame the coin for the pool errors

Limecoin (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:11:39 AM

The pools were kinda jacked, but the coin itself had no issues
Limecoin (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:23:27 PM

Working on something big. More information coming soon if we get listed on Poloniex and get some decent volume
Philll90

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:39:34 PM

Working on something big. More information coming soon if we get listed on Poloniex and get some decent volume

Maybe you should anounce it now so that we get listed on poloniex and get some decent volume.
If there aren't any good news, this coin will be dead before it's even started.
Limecoin (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:06:57 PM

Maybe you should anounce it now so that we get listed on poloniex and get some decent volume.
If there aren't any good news, this coin will be dead before it's even started.

Next step is a multipool (I know, I know, lots of them already), but there will be ways for people without mining equipment to participate in it, as well, which no other coins or pools are currently using. This isn't what I was referring to in my last post, though

We are now on Poloniex, as well  Smiley

https://www.poloniex.com/exchange/btc_lc
JonnyMan

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:08:56 PM

LimeCoin has been officially added to Poloniex!

Trade: https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_lc

Word of reminder, LimeCoin is rare!

Limecoin (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:26:23 PM

LimeCoin has been officially added to Poloniex!

Trade: https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_lc

Word of reminder, LimeCoin is rare!

We are extremely grateful to all 3 exchanges that took a chance on Limecoin. We will do our best to bring all of you guys volume for all coins!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: