Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:23:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 [443] 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260361 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 10:38:22 PM

Ive tried 3 pools:
dmdpool.digsys.bg
us.miningfield.com
dmd.cryptopools.com
but all 3 are giving me a very high (almost 50%) connection failure rate when trying to submit.
Are there any good pools for the western US which have good connectivity?
I don't think it's my end, because when I run grosestl coin it has good connectivity with less than 1% failure.

Have you ruled out the possibility that it's a latency issue?

Ive not ruled anything out, since I really don't know for sure how all the pieces play together.
The only thing I do know is that groestl coin works with very few "failure", while all the DMD pools I have tried (above) have very high failure rates, around 50%...
I would love do discover a fix for this, since I would like to acquire DMD and not GRS or other coins at this time.

If you mined diamonds in solo POW mode, you could see that there are no problems with the mining (the wallet is absolutely normal function)..
So it is possible that your problem is due to the small capacity of your video card and pool settings.
After spending 2 weeks, I never could get a video card to work.
Been using "yam", which net's about 1 DMD per day.
usao
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 10:41:07 PM

BogdanCo

Activity: 729
Merit: 513

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:10:11 PM

I don't understand.... you're mining on 3 different pools at the same time?

You should have something like this if you use sgminer (pool is minigfield):
sandpaper

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 12:40:04 AM

It may run through them. Failure is unreachable, idle is not the priority. It looks like it switches between them frequently though so the pools might go in and out often?

That's my guess.

Price dip is great! Picking up quite a bit more myself
usao
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 04:56:40 AM

When I mine on a single pool, my cpu goes up and down, and is idle about 50% of the time.
By adding multiple pools, I am able to keep the cpu up near 100% all of the time, but it's not ideal as the earnings are spread out accross the pools.
As the "submitted" shares show, it does bouce between the pools, prefering the first pool if it's available, but since I get shares i nthe 3rd pool, it shows that the first 2 are in "failure" mode at least some of the time. If it was working perfectly, the first pool would have all the shares.

While im thinking about it, it appears as you have been able to get a GPU to work.
Any chance I could get a copy of the CONF file? Ive been trying for weeks, but just get 100% reject when I try to GPU mine.
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 08:35:00 AM

But nicehash only pays in BTC, im trying to collect DMD.
I suppose I could convert on Cryptsy, but would prefer to directly mine DMD if possible.
If not, then nicehash is a decent deal, I have Antminers going against that currently.

nicehash + https://multipool.bit.diamonds/ = DMD

for cpu and/or nvidia miners now nicehash provide ultra easy configureable miner that always mine most profitable algo
https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=news&id=47

if u enter ur https://multipool.bit.diamonds/ u will get mining income converted and paid out as DMD

hasslefree easy DMDs give it a try

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
BogdanCo

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:50:44 PM

When I mine on a single pool, my cpu goes up and down, and is idle about 50% of the time.
By adding multiple pools, I am able to keep the cpu up near 100% all of the time, but it's not ideal as the earnings are spread out accross the pools.
As the "submitted" shares show, it does bouce between the pools, prefering the first pool if it's available, but since I get shares i nthe 3rd pool, it shows that the first 2 are in "failure" mode at least some of the time. If it was working perfectly, the first pool would have all the shares.

While im thinking about it, it appears as you have been able to get a GPU to work.
Any chance I could get a copy of the CONF file? Ive been trying for weeks, but just get 100% reject when I try to GPU mine.

Mining with GPU is way more profitable than CPU and faster (of course if you have a good video card).

I don't use a config file I use a .bat file to launch sgminer.exe.
I posted the .bat file some time ago: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg12670670#msg12670670, I can send it out to you later if you want.
You just have to insert your username and password of the worker there where it says "-u" and "-p" and you can mine with GPU.

In the print from yesterday like you see into the picture are 2xRadeon 5970 ~ 20Mhs mining power. With your R9 it should be more.
usao
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 02:05:30 PM

Mining with GPU is way more profitable than CPU and faster (of course if you have a good video card).

I posted the .bat file some time ago: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg12670670#msg12670670, I can send it out to you later if you want.
You just have to insert your username and password of the worker there where it says "-u" and "-p" and you can mine with GPU.

In the print from yesterday like you see into the picture are 2xRadeon 5970 ~ 20Mhs mining power. With your R9 it should be more.
Thanks, I have about 10 of the Raedon 7850's, a pair of R9-280x and a R9-290x. These were old BTC mining GPU's.
Ill look at your link and see if sgminer is something which will run under Linux. I don't have Windows miners due to cost.
BogdanCo

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 03:21:28 PM

Thanks, I have about 10 of the Raedon 7850's, a pair of R9-280x and a R9-290x. These were old BTC mining GPU's.
Ill look at your link and see if sgminer is something which will run under Linux. I don't have Windows miners due to cost.

With those cards you can have a quite big rig for mining DMD. You can do solo mining also - and I think it's better than mining in a pool if you can build 2 rigs with your cards Smiley
The best GPU for mining is radeon 7990 (~30Mhs), you can search over the forums and see. I heard there are now some R9-295x2 cards better than 7990 but are too expensive for me.
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 03:26:08 PM

@usao - There is a mining software out there from wolf0 which is very fast for AMD cards like yours.  Search him out and look for his mining software.  Cryptonit is right - mine on Nicehash - auto convert to DMD with the multibit link in the OP.  That is a nice rig and with winter here will keep you nice and warm!  However - power might scare the begeezus out of you! :-)

usao
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 03:28:56 PM

I don't want to spend any new money at this time, but I would like to put my idle GPU's back to work instead of sitting on a bench.
usao
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 03:31:16 PM

@usao - There is a mining software out there from wolf0 which is very fast for AMD cards like yours.  Search him out and look for his mining software.  Cryptonit is right - mine on Nicehash - auto convert to DMD with the multibit link in the OP.  That is a nice rig and with winter here will keep you nice and warm!  However - power might scare the begeezus out of you! :-)
Ive just started trying out the little windows program on my laptop (which is the only Windows box I have). Won't get very much though, just want to see how mining on a BTC address pays in DMD. That part is a bit confusing. Ive been trying to use my GPU's to mine groestl/dmd, but can't seem to get a working CONF file. Been trying for over 2 weeks now, but still get 100% reject regardless of what params I tweak.
The https://multipool.bit.diamonds/ pool seems to suggest that if I mine to that BTC address I will get paid in DMD.
If that's the case, then I would probably like to throw my antminers at that BTC address and get paid in DMD also. Has anyone tried mining to that address using something other than that little windows program?
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 05:37:47 PM

@usao - There is a mining software out there from wolf0 which is very fast for AMD cards like yours.  Search him out and look for his mining software.  Cryptonit is right - mine on Nicehash - auto convert to DMD with the multibit link in the OP.  That is a nice rig and with winter here will keep you nice and warm!  However - power might scare the begeezus out of you! :-)
Ive just started trying out the little windows program on my laptop (which is the only Windows box I have). Won't get very much though, just want to see how mining on a BTC address pays in DMD. That part is a bit confusing. Ive been trying to use my GPU's to mine groestl/dmd, but can't seem to get a working CONF file. Been trying for over 2 weeks now, but still get 100% reject regardless of what params I tweak.
The https://multipool.bit.diamonds/ pool seems to suggest that if I mine to that BTC address I will get paid in DMD.
If that's the case, then I would probably like to throw my antminers at that BTC address and get paid in DMD also. Has anyone tried mining to that address using something other than that little windows program?

a lot guys Smiley

on top right u see how much DMD the Multipool did mine until yet

its over 10% of total coins!

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
BogdanCo

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 06:27:11 PM

I've been using my Antminer S4 on multipool since june, works flawless, just keep in mind this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg12512702#msg12512702
usao
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 06:29:37 PM

Thanks for the note. Ive currently got my antminers on NiceHash already, but just mining directly to my BTC wallet. I have the extra nonce enabled also.
So, if I understand things, all I have to do is mine to the BTC address which the DMD multipool provides, and they will "convert" it to DMD and send it to my DMD wallet?
That would be SOO COOL if it works...
BogdanCo

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 08:00:13 PM

Thanks for the note. Ive currently got my antminers on NiceHash already, but just mining directly to my BTC wallet. I have the extra nonce enabled also.
So, if I understand things, all I have to do is mine to the BTC address which the DMD multipool provides, and they will "convert" it to DMD and send it to my DMD wallet?

YES! And it's working quite nice! Smiley

PS: How many Antminers do you have? Cheesy
usao
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 08:11:36 PM

YES! And it's working quite nice! Smiley

PS: How many Antminers do you have? Cheesy
Ive got 3x of the S5 units. Currently mining nicehash direct to BTC wallet, but tonight (when I get home), ill try to switch-over to the multipool BTC address, and crank up some DMD earnings.
usao
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 04:02:43 AM

Someone offered to help with my conf file. Its below.
Again, I don't know what any of this stuff is for, all I know is I get 100% reject rate.

{
"pools" : [
        {
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://dmd.cryptopools.com:3345",
                "user" : "usao.m1",
                "pass" : "x"
        },
        {
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://us.miningfield.com:3377",
        }
]
"intensity" : "17",
"xintensity" : "0",
"rawintensity" : "0",
"worksize" : "256",
"kernel" : "groestlcoin",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"thread-concurrency" : "0",
"shaders" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"gpu-engine" : "0-0",
"gpu-fan" : "0-100",
"gpu-memclock" : "0",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "20",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-overheat" : "90",
"temp-target" : "80",
"api-listen" : true,
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"auto-fan" : true,
"expiry" : "20",
"failover-switch-delay" : "60",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "60",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin",
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1,107.170.10.86"
}
DMDCreeper

Activity: 416
Merit: 270

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 05:48:23 AM

Again, I don't know what any of this stuff is for, all I know is I get 100% reject rate.

{
        {
        },
        {
        }
]
}

try changing "kernel" to "diamond".   If you are using sgminer, make sure its the one for diamond mining.  I have never been able to get version 5 working with Diamonds, but version 4.1 gives a very good hash rate with the optimized .bin files.
BogdanCo

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 12:11:40 PM

{
        {
        },
        {
        }
]
}

try changing "kernel" to "diamond".   If you are using sgminer, make sure its the one for diamond mining.  I have never been able to get version 5 working with Diamonds, but version 4.1 gives a very good hash rate with the optimized .bin files.

I did exactly the same like DMDCreeper and it's working very good.
Also usao try to use only one pool, because maybe switching between pools is the cause of this reject rate.
If you can run sgminer v4.1.0 in linux then delete the conf file and use only the .bat file.
Pages: « 1 ... 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 [443] 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: