Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:59:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 USD/mBTC Price Prediction Contest  (Read 21786 times)
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:40:47 PM

having difficulty downloading file - just get a 'connecting to sender' and spinny wheel...

no google drive? S3? I am happy to host a copy if you email it me Smiley

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:49:03 PM

having difficulty downloading file - just get a 'connecting to sender' and spinny wheel...

no google drive? S3? I am happy to host a copy if you email it me Smiley

Emailed. Just tell me the link to it.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:53:46 PM

done. now for me to quit jibber jabbering and get my entry(s) sorted!  Shocked

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:36:09 PM

entered. paid. and going out on a limb and submitting now even though price could double between now and 5th may Wink

coinism

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:17:53 PM

So, you actually have a 'lottery' or 'draw' license for this? if so, from what country? It's not that easy to get one in Finland you know, expecially for this kind of deal.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:53:30 PM

Funny that anons are worried in which ways I choose to give out my money...  Undecided

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
coinism

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:18:35 PM

Funny that anons are worried in which ways I choose to give out my money...  Undecided

if you're referring to me, would be nice to see this happen. i would recommend a proper gaming license from some country for this kind of operation though, unless you already have one, just to keep you out of trouble since you have other legit businesses that you don't want to associate with illegal gambling, if in deed that were the case. and the reason i am asking if you have one is purely because i am interested in the idea.

dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:20:50 PM

if you're referring to me, would be nice to see this happen. i would recommend a proper gaming license from some country for this kind of operation though, unless you already have one, just to keep you out of trouble since you have other legit businesses that you don't want to associate with illegal gambling, if in deed that were the case. and the reason i am asking if you have one is purely because i am interested in the idea.

LOL...

PS: will fill in the excel sheet and pay in a few hours Smiley
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:24:20 PM

I filled out the spreadsheet. I have until the 5th to submit?
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:59:27 PM

Yes. Did the sheet work fine? It is officially still a beta, I will update latest tomorrow, but the green fields will stay the same there is not much leeway in them Wink

The deadline to pay is 5th and submission of the entry is 6th.

I want to give enough time to figure out how it works and for the word to spread. The first round is very important because it is 8/36 of the whole competition, including the hardest-to-forecast long predictions.

I will reserve the right to limit the number of entrants, but 50 first entrants will be accepted in every case.

Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 07:22:29 PM

Yes. Did the sheet work fine?

I filled out all of the green fields under the header "Round 1", with each column totaling 100%. I also updated the fields labeled "Entrant Name" and "Round" with "Chalkbot" and "1" respectively. If this is the extent of what I'm required to do, then yes, it worked fine.

One point of clarification; The file name indicated that it should be formatted such: 2014PPC_entrantname_monthnumber.xls

While the rules in OP imply that the spreadsheet file name should be formatted: 2014PPC_entrantname_roundnumber.xls

Which is correct?
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 07:25:35 PM

Yes. Did the sheet work fine?

I filled out all of the green fields under the header "Round 1", with each column totaling 100%. I also updated the fields labeled "Entrant Name" and "Round" with "Chalkbot" and "1" respectively. If this is the extent of what I'm required to do, then yes, it worked fine.

One point of clarification; The file name indicated that it should be formatted such: 2014PPC_entrantname_monthnumber.xls

While the rules in OP imply that the spreadsheet file name should be formatted: 2014PPC_entrantname_roundnumber.xls

Which is correct?

roundnumber is correct. Thank you. Remember all to send the satoshimessage as PM before you send the transaction Smiley

kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:43:48 AM

spreadsheet link isn't working

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:00:48 AM

It works for me.. Undecided

sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:50:11 AM

Me too

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:52:26 AM

Sgbett, can you be the "guardian of the empty prediction sheet" so that if someone wants it, you can provide it?

I am difficult to reach for a few days now. (Yeahyeah I've said that before..)

sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:01:32 AM

Sgbett, can you be the "guardian of the empty prediction sheet" so that if someone wants it, you can provide it?

I am difficult to reach for a few days now. (Yeahyeah I've said that before..)

yeah of course. if anyone having trouble with link then pm me your email and ill send you direct

sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:11:55 PM

Just a quick reminder for all you TA buffs out there that are convinced that it gives you an edge, you have 4 more days to enter, beat me and prove me wrong (my entries are pure probability based), and also take money off of Risto!

What more could any bitcointalk resident want Wink

Prize pool is currently worth $565.

durrrr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:52:44 PM

I think that everyone needs to not worry about the price and I think it would go up then also I think 1$/ mBTC is perfect long term

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:44:43 PM

Just a quick reminder for all you TA buffs out there that are convinced that it gives you an edge, you have 4 more days to enter, beat me and prove me wrong (my entries are pure probability based), and also take money off of Risto!

What more could any bitcointalk resident want Wink

Prize pool is currently worth $565.

No it's not! Risto added $1k minimum to the price pot (min $1k, maximum, whatever BTC1 is worth then)
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: