Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:23:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MRO] Monero - an anonymous coin based on CryptoNote technology  (Read 23507 times)
mickey_miner

Activity: 910
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:13:32 PM

I'm ready to develop new fork that will suit us all.
Waiting for your thoughts there: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=582746

There is no need for new fork.  Issues can be resolved.  I go with what majority wants. Give up coins, keep coins, whatever.  Time to move coin towards future and be very strong.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 05:15:53 PM

It's not that you have crappy hardware, it's that you purchased the very best your money could afford. You are rewarded accordingly.
This one is acceptable.

It's not that you have a crappy job, but that that is the best job your mind is suited to -- based on your own capability. Again, you are rewarded accordingly.
This one is not. Lot of very smart people did not have the required luck money to go the best school, or even more simple the right disposition of mind to fllow the educational patterns of the school system. Consider gifted people, people with disabilities...

The situation you are in is reliant on you in this scheme, not that society dictated that you deserve them. That is the world I see with cryptocurrencies.
[...]
In this sense, any monetary system will leave behind those that do not wish to contribute . . not those that do not have a wallet of a certain size.
[...]
Are you on par with this logic, or will I be expecting you to raise questions of income redistribution next? The article you quoted explains that when the gap becomes too large, there are problems. Not that a gap exists at all.
Skillful day-trader get a lot of money out of crypto. Do they contribute to the crypto? No. I wish to contribute much more than average Joe, (for instance here on monero). Will I be in the monero's richlist? Probably not (except by donations, I guess). Granted, you could say that if I really want to contribute, I'll find a way to buy an expensive rig, setup a botnet or what else. Still, I'm not convinced. Hard workers are not necessarily hard earners and the other way around.

We're going politics (I started it, I know), I just don't agree with this vision of life, I beliieve in a better mix between interventionism (income redistribution) and liberalism (rewarding initiative), and NXT is going in that direction (not enough if you ask me, since most bounties requires you to be a coder, but that's a start).
But better not to continue on this one this would lead us nowhere and certainly probably not in improving monero.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
uvt9

Activity: 300

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:19:43 PM

I've just downloaded Windows binaries and daemon is syncing. I have few technical questions:

- Where is the blockchain stored in my computer (Windows/Linux/OSX) ?
- Can i copy whole blockchain to another computer with another wallet so i don't have to download blockchain again ?
- About mining, can i mine MRO on another computer and point the rewards to a random address (using the command posted on OP) of my own without having that wallet on that mining computer ?

I also notice that there was blocks generated 12 days ago (in daemon) but the coin is launched on 18th which is 6 days ago ?

On windows  Blockchain stored appdata/roaming like most coin but you have to save from app.

On linux blockchain stored /home/**user**/.bitmonero

Wallet bin file stored in directory you run simplewallet from.

You can copy blockchain no problem

You not need wallet on mining computer.  Just point miner to wallet as outline OP

Please someone correct if I wrong.

The only file i see in AppData\Roaming\bitmonero is p2pstate.bin. Is this because the syncing is not completed yet ? How to "save from app" as you said ?
mickey_miner

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:21:33 PM

I've just downloaded Windows binaries and daemon is syncing. I have few technical questions:

- Can i copy whole blockchain to another computer with another wallet so i don't have to download blockchain again ?
- About mining, can i mine MRO on another computer and point the rewards to a random address (using the command posted on OP) of my own without having that wallet on that mining computer ?

I also notice that there was blocks generated 12 days ago (in daemon) but the coin is launched on 18th which is 6 days ago ?

On windows  Blockchain stored appdata/roaming like most coin but you have to save from app.

On linux blockchain stored /home/**user**/.bitmonero

Wallet bin file stored in directory you run simplewallet from.

You can copy blockchain no problem

You not need wallet on mining computer.  Just point miner to wallet as outline OP

Please someone correct if I wrong.

The only file i see in AppData\Roaming\bitmonero is p2pstate.bin. Is this because the syncing is not completed yet ? How to "save from app" as you said ?

Block chain need to sync.  Then type "save" in window of bitmonerod.  It will save blockchain

When type save there may be scrolling in window.  Just ignore type save and then enter.  It will say storing blockchain and blockchain stored.

"Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 05:22:52 PM

i just put all my computers mining in 1 address. I will let you know if everything goes fine. I used

start_mining [wallet address] [threads]    on bitmonerod
mickey_miner

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:25:01 PM

i just put all my computers mining in 1 address. I will let you know if everything goes fine. I used

That is correct way mine to one address.  Good luck Smiley

"Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:29:28 PM

wait what? Shocked things started smelling bad ... how did you get that information ?

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
uvt9

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:36:44 PM

start_mining [wallet address] [threads]    on bitmonerod

wait what? Shocked things started smelling bad ... how did you get that information ?

In the bitmonerod.log file:

Code:
Sync data returned unknown top block: 1->9473[9472 blocks(13 days) behind]

I guess Bitmonero was actually online 1 week before the 'official release'.
eizh

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:41:46 PM

Yes, I see that sticking "close to BTC original curve" is the aim, and can make my own decision on whether or not which level of adhesion to that is desirable. I was wondering how to mathematically and graphically verify both claims . . and was looking for a way to measure.

For all I know right now, none of the emission comes close to anything BTC ever was . . so I've decided to construct a model of both emissions using my computer . . so that I may visually observe predicted emission%/time.

This is a very engaging discussion, you both make very valid points, and it's hard not to be torn in an instance like this. With TFT's claim that there was no mistake and yours that there is, I've no choice but to make graphs.

I posted a graph, but independent checks are good. For BaseReward, TFT did >>20 in BMR instead of the >>18 used in BCN (equivalent to division by 2^2), but then doubled the block time from 120s to 60s so the overall slowdown is 2^1. Unfortunately, that's 2^1 from a very fast emission schedule of BCN and nothing like BTC (as advertised in the OP). I'm surprised he's now denying this a bug. I don't mind hashrate-based vote, though, or an entirely different solution. However, an emission "close to BTC" should be implemented because that's what we all thought we were mining.

print_block in the daemon gives the timestamp of a block in Unix epoch time. I see block 1 being mined on 1397818193, which is April 18th 10:49:53 GMT exactly as advertised so I don't see how that's possible.
kantriboy

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:50:41 PM

S**t , I wasted my time on this coin. Dev mined for few days before releasing with 1 minute block time, and now he wants it to be 2 minutes block time, and call it a fair launch.  I'm waiting for more fair CN coin, with better name, which will not be changed every couple a days. Will try HoneyPenny. Going back to BCN, at least there is a pool, and not forks every day. Monero release was rushed. Let it die.
eizh

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:55:24 PM

S**t , I wasted my time on this coin. Dev mined for few days before releasing with 1 minute block time, and now he wants it to be 2 minutes block time, and call it a fair launch.  I'm waiting for more fair CN coin, with better name, which will not be changed every couple a days. Will try HoneyPenny. Going back to BCN, at least there is a pool, and not forks every day. Monero release was rushed. Let it die.

Or you could check the timestamp yourself instead of listening to some random guy on the internet who just registered today. There's a "help" command in the daemon and wallet, you know.

Brand new account. Why do I get the feeling "kantriboy" is a puppet? Cheesy
mickey_miner

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:55:59 PM

S**t , I wasted my time on this coin. Dev mined for few days before releasing with 1 minute block time, and now he wants it to be 2 minutes block time, and call it a fair launch.  I'm waiting for more fair CN coin, with better name, which will not be changed every couple a days. Will try HoneyPenny. Going back to BCN, at least there is a pool, and not forks every day. Monero release was rushed. Let it die.

You wrong.  Coin launched 18th.  Original OP dev not want to change block time but willing to put for vote.  Why you try and spread false information?  You can mine any coin you choose.  Why is name so important?  More to a coin than name and fancy logo.  This coin is good and issues will be resolved with vote to make any changes.

"Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
mickey_miner

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:57:53 PM

S**t , I wasted my time on this coin. Dev mined for few days before releasing with 1 minute block time, and now he wants it to be 2 minutes block time, and call it a fair launch.  I'm waiting for more fair CN coin, with better name, which will not be changed every couple a days. Will try HoneyPenny. Going back to BCN, at least there is a pool, and not forks every day. Monero release was rushed. Let it die.

Or you could check the timestamp yourself instead of listening to some random guy on the internet who just registered today. There's a "help" command in the daemon and wallet, you know.

Brand new account. Why do I get the feeling this is a puppet? Cheesy

Very suspect that new account make that post.  People always try destroy coin for selfish reasons.  They have selfish motives likely for talking bad about the coin.

"Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
kantriboy

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:58:52 PM

Ok, that is ok. Sorry, perhaps date on his computer is different(1 week ahead). But BMR had rushed launch
eizh

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:03:10 PM

Exact instructions so that this dies down.  Roll Eyes

print_block 1 in the daemon (not wallet) terminal.

It will give block_id, versions, and then timestamp, which should say 1397818193. You can convert this here: http://www.onlineconversion.com/unix_time.htm

As you can see: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 10:49:53 GMT
mickey_miner

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:05:40 PM

Ok, that is ok. Sorry, perhaps date on his computer is different(1 week ahead). But BMR had rushed launch

People always find problems with launch for any coin.  No coin launch pleases everyone.

"Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
uvt9

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:08:23 PM

i can't confirm with the print_block command because syncing is not completed yet. But my log clearly show that there are blocks generated 7-13 days ago, i still can't explain it. Here is the first part of my bitmonero.log

http://pastebin.com/6WtgF26g

And yes, my date/time settings on my computer is perfectly accurate, you can see in above log (i live in GMT+7)
uvt9

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:17:37 PM

i'm thinking, is this because network already changed from 1-minute to 2-minutes block, and my deamon calculate based on this, then returned wrong date of blocks ?
knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:18:29 PM

Exact instructions so that this dies down.  Roll Eyes

print_block 1 in the daemon (not wallet) terminal.

It will give block_id, versions, and then timestamp, which should say 1397818193. You can convert this here: http://www.onlineconversion.com/unix_time.htm

As you can see: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 10:49:53 GMT

thanks ...

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
eizh

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:21:33 PM

i'm thinking, is this because network already changed from 1-minute to 2-minutes block, and my deamon calculate based on this, then returned wrong date of blocks ?

No, a hard fork is required for that change. Nothing has changed yet from BMR, discussion are still ongoing on the exact nature of the vote, or the fix, or whatever it'll be.

I don't know how "X time behind" is estimated, but checking the timestamp on the blockchain is the most direct way to determine when a block was mined, including the genesis. You can try it after you're finished syncing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: