Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:08:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is your religious affiliation? (If any)
Christianity - 27 (23.7%)
Islam - 7 (6.1%)
Agnosticism - 18 (15.8%)
Atheism - 44 (38.6%)
Buddhism - 3 (2.6%)
Other - 13 (11.4%)
Hinduism - 2 (1.8%)
Total Voters: 114

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Religion Poll  (Read 5863 times)
blacksails

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:35:59 AM

yeah the more i think about consciousness, the more i get confused.

Yeah, it's amazing how matter managed to organize itself in such a way, to make it able to contemplate itself.

it's deception.  aka teh debil.

remember the devil is responsible for all your BAD actions.
No, you are responsible for your actions. You cannot blame anyone else.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:56:15 AM

OK... total votes: 112. Total religious: 52 (46%). Total non-religious: 60 (54%).

The ratio is maintained even after close to 20 new votes. Good.

The thing is, religious people are always pushed to recruit others... they will make up fake accounts just to show they are winning.

Non-religious people, meh, we don't care - we know the truth.

Winning?  It isn't about winning or losing.

Could it be we actually care about the eternal state of our fellow man?  If we really believe that God is real, that he has provided a way for us to be saved from eternal damnation wouldn't it be the right thing to share that with others out of sincere love for them?  That is how I see it but I do understand that there is no way I can, or even should force my "religion" on anyone.  But I would like others to at least grasp God's love for them.  That is the goal anyways.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:28:43 AM

still shocking that 46% of the people here have a religion.. and fyi, buddhism is not a religion.. since there is no god. i don't consider myself a buddhist, but more like a student of buddhist philosophy. a lot of their beliefs complement physics and the known world too.

OK... total votes: 112. Total religious: 52 (46%). Total non-religious: 60 (54%).

The thing is, religious people are always pushed to recruit others... they will make up fake accounts just to show they are winning.

disagree. there are many atheists who work in the same manner.
Not really, maybe a few. I don't care about the results here either.

you know how big /r/atheist got on reddit? it was pretty big before the debacle.. and that subreddit was super obnoxious. atheists seem to have that itch they want to scratch, because they have to be absolutely right.

Winning?  It isn't about winning or losing.

Could it be we actually care about the eternal state of our fellow man?  If we really believe that God is real, that he has provided a way for us to be saved from eternal damnation wouldn't it be the right thing to share that with others out of sincere love for them?  That is how I see it but I do understand that there is no way I can, or even should force my "religion" on anyone.  But I would like others to at least grasp God's love for them.  That is the goal anyways.

i can dig that.. it's hokum to me, but it's your right. only thing i am against is indoctrination of kids.. whether it be the muslim, christian, or whatever faith.. i'm totally against that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  All
  Print  

Jump to: