Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:05:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What's the hot thing to invest in 2014?
Ethereum - 23 (12.5%)
NXT - 72 (39.1%)
MaidSafe - 28 (15.2%)
All 3 above. - 19 (10.3%)
Something else - 42 (22.8%)
Total Voters: 184

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum, MaidSafe, NXT, anything else worth investing in, in 2014?  (Read 5878 times)
neuroMode

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:54:29 AM

Myriadcoin.

Not a "Bitcoin 2.0" coin, more like a more decentralized blockchain for PoW (a miner's paradise).

5 algorithms can mine. Each algorithm gets 1/5 of the "pie" (total coins over time).
SHA256 (ASICs), Scrypt (GPUs/ASICs), Skein(GPUs), Groestl(GPUs), OR Qubit(CPU/GPUs).

If more ASICs hop on SHA256, they only compete with SHA256 miners for their 1/5 of the pie. This way, for example, Groestl or Skein miners can mine and compete with mostly other GPU miners (and some GPU farms) for their 1/5 of the pie.

It solves the centralization of ASICs and the fragmentation of mining in cryptocurrency land. It also enables much much more.

Merged mining is being enabled with Myriadcoin. Colored coins are being used by Blocktech to bring "Liberdade" branded Myriadcoins to Brazil (and teaching them to mine, it's not an airdrop.)

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:56:55 AM

Good point @toknormal !

Do you know that NXT asset exchange is ready to be launched? In 16days, it will come to main-net according to countdown.

I am really excited about people like you, who will use NXT environment for his own business. Cheers!!  Smiley
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:34:58 AM

Myriadcoin.

Agreed. Myriad is great as well (for a 1st gen alt).

Have got some. Undervalued.

phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:23:31 AM

27% of the people  the poll say something else is the host investment for 2014, well what is it?
Bitcoin  Grin
Bitventurer

Activity: 488
Merit: 250

S P 8 D E

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 10:56:44 AM

NXT and stay tuned for the first IPO on top of nxt decentralized asset exchange: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9JAK4TAUvE

SP8DE - The Game of Chance. Changed.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:03:00 AM

Qora and EXO coins are both new codes that have finished IPO's but will likely rocket in the first weeks and months of trading.

Clones of NXT principally NEM and NXTL will do well, NEM could be massive!

Anonymity is the buzzword of this year, Zerocoin and Darkcoin will lead the pack in this area I believe.  
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:06:24 AM

27% of the people  the poll say something else is the host investment for 2014, well what is it?
Bitcoin  Grin

+ 1 to phelix, Bitcoin isn't going away any time soon, and now is a good moment to buy more in....

The same goes for NXT, which is (almost certainly) going to blow up like crazy once the Asset Exchange comes online in 2 weeks, and people realise what a complete game-changer AE is.

And I have a feeling that BitShares are also going to be worth holding on to.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Gentso1

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:40:58 AM

Bitcoin  Grin

+ 1 to phelix, Bitcoin isn't going away any time soon, and now is a good moment to buy more in....

The same goes for NXT, which is (almost certainly) going to blow up like crazy once the Asset Exchange comes online in 2 weeks, and people realise what a complete game-changer AE is.

And I have a feeling that BitShares are also going to be worth holding on to.

I am on board with bitshares.

NXT also seems like it is going to be huge. I would say bitshares and NXT have a ton in common but NXT does have a nice head start.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:33:31 PM

That dotsforbits thing looks interesting.

Are projects already underway to run on top of the asset exchange then ? Where kin we find out more about this ?
CryptoPanda (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 302

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:19:26 PM

After this thread I'm more convinced about the future of NXT
gotta buy some more I guess Smiley

we live in beautiful times gentlemen, beautiful.
Really feeling good to be alive in this century Smiley
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:30:44 PM

2 days ago I was going to take a small position on Maidsafe, suddenly, they screwed things up with the IPO trough MSC and I decided not to buy in. Nevertheless, the idea is really interesting, maybe I would give them a second chance.

NXT is really promising for me. I think in this forum there is a non reasonable hate towards NXT: If the price goes up, they blame the initial distribution, if the price goes down they say NXT is dead. This is totally stupid. The IMPORTANT point is the tons of developments the devs of NXT are carry on at the moment and you can check at their forum. In 3-4 months time and if the devs continue the good work, NXT could make a killing in cryptoworld.

Finally, I should read more about Ethereum to make a wise decision.

Maidsafe didn't really screw up. They had more interest then they expected and the found a fair way to compensate people for the irregularities. The "I bought MSC and now I'm screwed" crowd has a small case, but they shouldn't take it too badly. MSC is just getting started and they are better off getting in now then in a years time.

I hadn't been fond of NXT as I'm more of a Mastercoin guy, but I'm going to give it a look along with Ethereum.

Ethereum will be interesting because it has a lot of backers.  However, Safecoin was the better investment since it was priced much cheaper than what Ethereum (they wanted to raise 35m for 10% .... correct me if I'm wrong here)... further,  there is a lot more technology behind safecoin that was built over 8 years.

Conceptually, Safecoin is also much better than Ethereum.   The Turing complete language in Ethereum really doesn't buy much if you really think about it.   Any coin can upgrade its features by adding new code.

There are two other coins that are in development that are not in this list.  One I am actively involved in and another that looks extremely promising. 

Best of luck investing in IPOs... very promising.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 04:44:18 PM

MaidSafe is a no no now, NXT as well. We will see how it goes with Ethereum.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Momimaus

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

Never back down !!!

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:44:28 PM

2 days ago I was going to take a small position on Maidsafe, suddenly, they screwed things up with the IPO trough MSC and I decided not to buy in. Nevertheless, the idea is really interesting, maybe I would give them a second chance.

NXT is really promising for me. I think in this forum there is a non reasonable hate towards NXT: If the price goes up, they blame the initial distribution, if the price goes down they say NXT is dead. This is totally stupid. The IMPORTANT point is the tons of developments the devs of NXT are carry on at the moment and you can check at their forum. In 3-4 months time and if the devs continue the good work, NXT could make a killing in cryptoworld.

Finally, I should read more about Ethereum to make a wise decision.

Maidsafe didn't really screw up. They had more interest then they expected and the found a fair way to compensate people for the irregularities. The "I bought MSC and now I'm screwed" crowd has a small case, but they shouldn't take it too badly. MSC is just getting started and they are better off getting in now then in a years time.

I hadn't been fond of NXT as I'm more of a Mastercoin guy, but I'm going to give it a look along with Ethereum.

Ethereum will be interesting because it has a lot of backers.  However, Safecoin was the better investment since it was priced much cheaper than what Ethereum (they wanted to raise 35m for 10% .... correct me if I'm wrong here)... further,  there is a lot more technology behind safecoin that was built over 8 years.

Conceptually, Safecoin is also much better than Ethereum.   The Turing complete language in Ethereum really doesn't buy much if you really think about it.   Any coin can upgrade its features by adding new code.

There are two other coins that are in development that are not in this list.  One I am actively involved in and another that looks extremely promising. 

Best of luck investing in IPOs... very promising.

You don´t want to tell us the names?

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
CryptoPanda (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 302

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:51:45 AM

why?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 08:08:28 AM

why?
MaidSafe messed up with their IPO, didn't they?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:18:36 AM

I think Darkcoin might be a good investment this year.

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 08:22:32 AM

I think Darkcoin might be a good investment this year.
It certainly is. There needs to be a lot more work done on it though. It is undervalued right now.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 10:14:52 AM

Maidsafe is not a scam?
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 11:08:24 AM

darkcoin for obvious reasons and noirshares for these reasons:

About NoirShares

NoirShares is a new venture in cryptocurrency, Decentralized Autonomous Corporations (DACs), and Decentralized Autonomous Software (DAS). NRS is more than just a cryptocoin, it is the technology that provides the foundation for corporate activities such as voting, funding, trading, communication, contracts, value transfer, and more.

There are many ways to benefit from your participation in NRS. Holding NRS gives you ownership rights in future DAC/DAS and other ventures developed by Noir Group. We are currently working on and voting for the next ventures such as the NoirEx(change) and NoirSpace network (Bank, Gaming, Content, News, Chat/Talk, Shop, Advertising, and more), with many more DAC ventures to come. It is up to you to decide which ventures and opportunities are worth your participation. Since holding NRS also makes you an owner in the corporation, you are also able to suggest new venture ideas and even develop them.

Visit http://www.noirtalk.com/ to stay up to date on future projects.

NoirShares is your ticket to future Noir Group projects. Your shares are your votes and your value. This is your chance to participate in the future of the technology of business.

Decentralized Autonomous Corporations / Software (DAC/DAS)

NoirShares (NRS) is an equity-linked coin that gives you ownership rights in future DACs and DAS developed by Noir Group.  Noir Group is truly a venture-based corporation and provides the foundation for business of endless reach. From software to mining, from entertainment to r/e-tail, Noir Group is simply our versatile corporate vessel for business, and NoirShares are your proof of ownership.

Decentralized Autonomous Corporations (DACs) and Decentralized Autonomous Software (DAS) are ventures that seek to build shareholder wealth through income generation and price appreciation by delivering valuable services to customers.  Once the ventures are fully operational they no longer need the supervision of their developers.

NRS is not limited to the DAC platform started by Dan Larimer of ProtoShares (PTS). We have already begun investigating Counterparty (XCP) and Ethereum (ETH) for possible application in NDS ventures, as well as progress in developing a fiat exchange/trading platform. As a decentralized corporation we want to make sure to get a piece of every cake.

Current Ventures in Development

NoirSpace- NoirSpace is a launch pad designed for all media and altcoin related DAS/DAC ideas. rather than the altcoin/bitshares approach of multiple pieces of software running at the same time, we believe in one good all-purpose hub. NoirSpace is pioneering altcoin multi-tasking. First up, a QT-based multi-wallet. Future DAS updates to include Chat, Shop, Gaming, CDN and News, Ads, and more! Welcome to your new home!
MinterBot - DAS that stakes for you, taking the head(ache) out of (stake)! Deposit to the minterbot and watch your balance grow!
NoirEx(change) – QT-based exchange for NoirShares, NoirBits, cryptocurrencies, fiat, and re-branded sub coins built on the NRS/NBT platform.
Noir Mining- Terahashes of dragon mining power at your command. (Active, Membership closed!)
Noir Multi-Pool- Multi-Pool Mining with the Noir Group!

Project names are not final and reference internal development projects. Public release and frontend integrations may or may not utilize the Noir name. Many Noir projects are backend plugins and systems intended for re-branded frontend utilizations.

Register on http://www.noirtalk.com/ for more information about NoirShares, Noir Group, and how to participate.

The Technology

NRS itself is built as a hybrid momentum Proof of Stake/Proof of Work - NoirShares is one of the first hybrid Momentum PoS/PoW cryptos. The momentum algorithm has memory hard qualities which reduce GPU mining advantages, changing difficulty almost instantly as hashrate changes, thereby accurately reflecting miner demand.  NoirShares also runs a self-maintaining blockchain that does not need many hard forks to keep it going. What all this basically means is that NoirShares is running the latest in coin hashing tech with the most efficiency and stability, laying the foundation for a truly effective DAC.

The Specifications

Doubles as both currency and equity for Noir Group.
80 shares per block initially
5 minute block time
Per block difficulty adjustment
5 million coins will be produced via PoW
5% block reward reduction every 3000 blocks
3% stake, minimum stake age is 7 days, full age 14 days
Transaction fees at 0.01 NRS are destroyed in an attempt at aggressively countering inflation due to mining and stake
As the chain progresses and transitions to relying more on PoS blocks, it becomes highly energy efficient in comparison to pure PoW coins.
This weaning of reliance on high powered machines encourages the average user to be able to have a functioning node that if used properly can be profitable.
nandk70

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:12:41 AM

exocoin, qora, emunie ethereum
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: