Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which design is your favorite? http://imgur.com/a/ZGIAC
Design 1 - 15 (65.2%)
Design 2 - 8 (34.8%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Deleted  (Read 16617 times)
MrWDunne (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:31:24 PM

3) If an exchange gets hacked, people lose money. Thats why we need security. Colocation is hosting not security.

Since you are running an exchange, what is the nature of this hack? How does people actually lose money?

What measure is taken to prevent this kind of "hack"?

Have you not been following the news. All of the break ins at various exchanges/services resulting in the loss of their funds.

Just to clarify, by exchange we mean a service like BitStamp, which holds the coins and fiat and allows people to trade.

As for how we prevent it, we find the security holes before the bad guys do and fix them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:42:18 PM

3) If an exchange gets hacked, people lose money. Thats why we need security. Colocation is hosting not security.

Since you are running an exchange, what is the nature of this hack? How does people actually lose money?

Have you not been following the news. All of the break ins at various exchanges/services resulting in the loss of their funds.

Just to clarify, by exchange we mean a service like BitStamp, which holds the coins and fiat and allows people to trade.

As for how we prevent it, we find the security holes before the bad guys do and fix them.

Of course I follow news.

For an exchange operator, I just like to know if you know the specific nature of security threat. And have measure in place to prevent and minimize it. And not playing with fire.

The fiat, if you have license as you claimed, will be sitting in your bank account. It is pretty obvious that no one can "steal" or hack the fiat sitting in your company bank account. Which leave the coin wallet the source of vulnerability.

When customer deposit coin in, how was the coin being handled? And what is the withdraw policy for coin?

MrWDunne (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:50:46 PM

Of course I follow news.

For an exchange operator, I just like to know if you know the specific nature of security threat. And have measure in place to prevent and minimize it. And not playing with fire.

The fiat, if you have license as you claimed, will be sitting in your bank account. It is pretty obvious that no one can "steal" or hack the fiat sitting in your company bank account. Which leave the coin wallet the source of vulnerability.

When customer deposit coin in, how was the coin being handled? And what is the withdraw policy for coin?

Fairly standard, presuming the funds are in the hot wallet it will be withdrawn to their address.

The cold wallet is a 2 of 3 multi-sig address.

arbitrage001
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:27:20 PM

Fairly standard, presuming the funds are in the hot wallet it will be withdrawn to their address.

The cold wallet is a 2 of 3 multi-sig address.

How does customer deposit get assigned to his account?
arbitrage001
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:30:26 PM

You said you don't need license in UK?

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/mlr/getstarted/register/who.htm

The facts from the link above, is it not accurate?

MrWDunne (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:39:25 PM

You said you don't need license in UK?

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/mlr/getstarted/register/who.htm

The facts from the link above, is it not accurate?

No, you don't need to get registered.

The facts are accurate but they do not apply to us, that being said we are going to apply for that license but it is really only for appearance and at £50 no reason not to. Same reason why coinfloor got it.

The FCA is responsible for licensing companies like ourselves, but we don't fit in the current framework. That being said they plan to add firms like ourselves to the framework in the future with "project innovate".

arbitrage001
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:44:50 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 02:55:47 PM by arbitrage001

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=448250.msg5501939#msg5501939

You openly promote a known ponzi before. You may be sincere in trying to run a legitimate service.

But I question your competency in decision making and project management.

Please have a fully working platform before asking other for money and you should not value a no profit, no sales company at 500k.

And be transparent about who invest how much. There is a reason why it is called "IPO".

WoopDeBoop

Activity: 271
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:56:44 PM

You openly promote a known ponzi before. You may be sincere in trying to run a legitimate service.

Please have a fully working platform before asking other for money and you should not value a no profit, no sales company at 500k.

And be transparent about who invest how much. There is a reason why it is called "IPO".

Damn, I was seriously seriously thinking of throwing a few bitcoin at this.

Anyone who'd fall for a ponzi is clearly not the type of person who should be operating an exchange.

MrWDunne (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:58:42 PM

Please have a fully working platform before asking other for money and valuing a no profit, no sales company at 500k.

When did I ever promote on ponzi? I once participated in one, which is gambling. Can't see any issues around that myself. Not that I like to gamble any more, though.  I never threw more than $5 into it (regardless of what I said)

Also we have a fully working platform, but thats different from complete. We just need to add various features to make it more manageable.

As for the valuation, if we were to make a valuation based upon current assets and profits we wouldn't make enough to launch, in the same way as a lot of the BTC based companies that IPO here. The valuation is based on potential, and the performance of similar services. As well as the value simply held by our possession of a UK bank account.

MrWDunne (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 03:22:34 PM

Just to give some context as to why arbitrage001 is so angry, its because I disagreed with him that his platform is worth what he said it is.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=639744

arbitrage001
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:41:02 PM

Just to give some context as to why arbitrage001 is so angry, its because I disagreed with him that his platform is worth what he said it is.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=639744

And you think your company is worth $500k with no revenue, no profit and no customer base?

Aren't you being a hypocrite here?

MrWDunne (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:04:03 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 06:48:36 PM by MrWDunne

We have a customer base, already have a brokerage firm and the vast majority of the UK Bitcoin space (that we've spoken to) planning to use us.

railzand

Activity: 462

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:24:33 PM

We have a customer base, already have a brokerage firm and the vast majority of the UK Bitcoin space planning to use us.
steady. what?

MrWDunne (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:48:20 PM

We have a customer base, already have a brokerage firm and the vast majority of the UK Bitcoin space (that we've spoken to) planning to use us.
steady. what?

Might sound over optimistic, but the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Probably worded it wrong

scryptasicminer

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:17:18 PM

steady. what?

Might sound over optimistic, but the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Probably worded it wrong

Why are you asking money from the public if you have a sound business?

MrWDunne (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:33:47 PM

steady. what?

Why are you asking money from the public if you have a sound business?

The point was their intention. We have those people saying they intend (hence usage of the word plan) to use us. We need more money now just for hosting and security. Already have the funding for development.

That being said, we have a couple of 'larger' investors speaking with us so that may end up not being the case.

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:20:28 PM

...we have a couple of 'larger' investors speaking with us so that may end up not being the case.

Naturally.  Met them while discussing your five-dollar ponzi investment, did you?
MrWDunne (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:26:02 PM

...we have a couple of 'larger' investors speaking with us so that may end up not being the case.

Naturally.  Met them while discussing your five-dollar ponzi investment, did you?
Not quite. Would you rather hear that I have a severe gambling addiction and put all of my money into ponzis rather than doing $5 for short lived entertainment

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:45:48 PM

Have no preferences re. how you lose money.  Just wanna keep up with the doings of major international financiers such as yourself. 
superbit

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 10:05:36 PM

How often will investors see P&L, and Balance sheet statements?  Will they be audited (both BTC as bitstamp and bitfinex, and USD)?

Are there going to be salaries, or will all money going out be part of the 100,000 shares not being sold?  It's very easy to take astronomical salaries if successful leaving a fraction to go out to share holders.  The contract needs more work.  I suggest you look at other examples as there are many that are much more detailed.

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: