Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:50:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 [381] 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667219 times)
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:27:14 PM

I wouldn't put to much weight on TA.  I've seen it work and not work.  
The function of TA is to give the trader an edge, an improvement over random chance.  Even a 0.01% edge can be monetized well, if you know how and the characteristics of the market are appropriate.  When combined with regime analysis TA is more effective.  I think the optimal use of technical methods in crypto differs in important ways from their optimal use in most other markets, but I am confident that they will provide an edge if used optimally.  Indeed I think that is an understatement.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:18:12 PM

MoneroChain down? http://monerochain.info/stats

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
HardwarePal

Activity: 565
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:19:46 PM

Infinite loop for me

Edit :
An Error Was Encountered

Internal Server Error
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:22:40 PM

I wouldn't put to much weight on TA.  I've seen it work and not work.  
The function of TA is to give the trader an edge, an improvement over random chance.  Even a 0.01% edge can be monetized well, if you know how and the characteristics of the market are appropriate.  When combined with regime analysis TA is more effective.  I think the optimal use of technical methods in crypto differs in important ways from their optimal use in most other markets, but I am confident that they will provide an edge if used optimally.  Indeed I think that is an understatement.

TA wise, were certainly experiencing a downtrend.
However, nice buy wall support signifies bullish strength.

This one could go either way, boys. I'm definitely not selling any though. There is some opportunity for a panic dump, though. I won't participate (except to add)

█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████             █████ █
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:32:39 PM

The Payment ID requirement will indeed be a constant issue. This one-address-per-wallet limitation is something that needs to be resolved on Monero's end (and soon) if we ever expect it to grow as a currency. Transaction differentiation should happen outside of the blockchain, anyway.
albert3

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:35:55 PM

yeah I pointed 5.5kh/s to extremehash for 12 hrs  only got paid 0.35 XMR  what a waste mining on that pool
trand

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 11:45:19 PM

In the meantime, www.extremehash.com is running real smooooooth
About that smooth:

yeah I pointed 5.5kh/s to extremehash for 12 hrs  only got paid 0.35 XMR  what a waste mining on that pool

why not use moneropool.org, i think extremehash not have many miner on their network and it will make the mining process more difficult, should the number of hashes that much you've had to get MRO

strangewildthing

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 11:57:11 PM

yeah I pointed 5.5kh/s to extremehash for 12 hrs  only got paid 0.35 XMR  what a waste mining on that pool

With the new pool update, there is a min. payout instead of paying out every block which would result in more dust. Payout also occurs after the block has matured. Would you take a look at your your wallet again and keep me posted? Thanks!
lunalauncher

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:08:48 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 12:36:43 AM by lunalauncher

In the meantime, www.extremehash.com is running real smooooooth
About that smooth:

yeah I pointed 5.5kh/s to extremehash for 12 hrs  only got paid 0.35 XMR  what a waste mining on that pool

With the new pool update, there is a min. payout instead of paying out every block which would result in more dust. Payout also occurs after the block has matured. Would you take a look at your your wallet again and keep me posted? Thanks!

Been there since day 1. Love this pool.

I have no problems with the pool at all

https://i.imgur.com/9Y5hfGi.png

If your hashrate is low relative to the network hashrate, please wait for sufficient hashes to be submitted to the pool before pointing fingers. The latest pool update is trying to help you avoid dust.

portdavenport

Activity: 166

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:36:50 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 01:38:59 AM by portdavenport

I just finished a late night overseeing the introduction of Monero on Mintpal.

While anticipating the opening of trade at current market value, i.e. around 650k satoshis to 700k satoshis,
it's still always interesting nonetheless to see how the market and traders will respond.

Traders like a coin they can profit on. They're only partially concerned about the long term. Cryptos to them are a high turnover, short-term market and 'quick buck' to be made!
After the inital opening of trade on Mintpal.com, however, the market response of Traders has been to pull the price down to levels where Traders can make some profits on it.

In short, Monero is overvalued and too technical at the moment in my opinion.

This is a technical Cryptocoin and Wallet system. It's not for mainstream use right now in its current form.

If a Trader wants to hold on to some Monero during a trading lull and/or quickly wants to move it to another exchange, they are going to need to invest TIME in learning and working with the
Monero command line wallet. This wallet requires manual command line creation and syncing setup steps before Monero can safely be moved to an offline wallet or moved to another exchange, or another wallet.

The Monero installation and getting started notes are not currently clear or detailed on its own website:
http://monero.cc/getting-started/index.html

A Windows user 'tutorial with pictures' is handled on ANOTHER website:
https://monerotalk.org/t/bounty-create-a-useful-tutorial-on-how-to-setup-monero/13

On this Tutorial page/website, some users are experiencing unsuccessful results after following instructions.

So until the Wallet install process in simplified, GUI-fied and improved upon, Monero's price will suffer so long as traders (who are time & patience short) continually realize that generally setting up the wallet will require special command line-based learning and operation.

This makes the Monero wallet currently usable for the mainstream public who may be used to Bitcoin, Litecoin or Dogecoin wallets/apps, and even ATMs by now.

After its first pump and dump initiation before Trader profit taking, Monero's value may be restricted by the realm of tech knowledge and inconvenience until made easier to use.

portdavenport
Trader
shfc

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:47:28 AM

good,
we can trade xmr AT MP Grin
PieceOfCake

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:51:34 AM

Appreciate the concern portdavenport, but, we didn't get this far by lacking in the computer savvy department.   A GUI wallet will no doubt simplify and help mainstream the coin, and it will happen, but the devs have stated that there are more important issues to deal with first. Develop a solid core before making it pretty.   Daytraders may suffer, ultimately,  it doesn't matter for those of us sticking around.  A GUI wallet is only a wrapper with little pictures over the same commands...Value it as you will.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 12:54:05 AM

While anticipating the opening of trade at current market value, i.e. around 650k satoshis to 700k satoshis,
it's still always interesting nonetheless to see how the market and traders will respond.

Traders like a coin they can profit on. They're only partially concerned about the long term. Cryptos to them are a high turnover, short-term market and 'quick buck' to be made!
After the inital opening of trade on Mintpal.com, however, the market response of Traders has been to pull the price down to levels where Traders can make some profits on it.

This is a technical Cryptocoin and Wallet system. It's not for mainstream use right now in its current form.

If a Trader wants to hold on to some Monero during a trading lull and/or quickly wants to move it to another exchange, they are going to need to invest TIME in learning and working with the
Monero command line wallet. This wallet requires manual command line creation and syncing setup steps before Monero can safely be moved to an offline wallet or moved to another exchange, or another wallet.

The Monero installation and getting started notes are not currently clear or detailed on its own website:

https://monerotalk.org/t/bounty-create-a-useful-tutorial-on-how-to-setup-monero/13

On this Tutorial page/website, some users are experiencing unsuccessful results after following instructions.

So until the Wallet install process in simplified, GUI-fied and improved upon, Monero's price will suffer so long as traders (who are time & patience short) continually realize that generally setting up the wallet and will require special command line-based learning and operation.

This makes Monero wallet is currently usable for the mainstream public who may be used to Bitcoin, Litecoin or Dogecoin wallets/apps, and even ATMs by now.

After its first pump and dump initiation before Trader profit taking, Monero's value may be restricted by the realm of tech knowledge and inconvenience until made easier to use.

portdavenport
Trader

Monero is doing what exactly needs to be doing. Being anonymous and not being wannabe anonymous. It is doing this right now and not in the future and is not closed source. I really dont care if it is  noob friendly right now. Those who have enough brain power to figure out why this coins has real value can also read about their investment and understand how to use it. They only need to read the OP and the links there... Those that dont will buy it and dump it. They wont even bother to download wallets at their computers..

Oh and those that really care about anonymity can easily spend 1 hour and understand how to use it except just writing "moon" on chats.

Monero will fix its bugs and be more noob friendly soon. Those that wait for it to be more noob friendly obviously will buy it or mine it with more cost. Right now it doesnt need to be mainstream. Have you seen any marketing? Getting mainstream too fast will just make it a pump and dump after all...
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:56:13 AM

So until the Wallet install process in simplified, GUI-fied and improved upon, Monero's price will suffer so long as traders (who are time & patience short) continually realize that generally setting up the wallet and will require special command line-based learning and operation.

This makes Monero wallet is currently usable for the mainstream public who may be used to Bitcoin, Litecoin or Dogecoin wallets/apps, and even ATMs by now.

portdavenport
Trader

Monero is doing what exactly needs to be doing. Being anonymous and not being wannabe anonymous. It is doing this right now and not in the future and is not closed source. I really dont care if it is  noob friendly right now. Those who have enough brain power to figure out why this coins has real value can also read about their investment and understand how to use it. They only need to read the OP and the links there... Those that dont will buy it and dump it. They wont even bother to download wallets at their computers..

Oh and those that really care about anonymity can easily spend 1 hour and understand how to use it except just writing "moon" on chats.

Monero will fix its bugs and be more noob friendly soon. Those that wait for it to be more noob friendly obviously will buy it or mine it with more cost. Right now it doesnt need to be mainstream. Have you seen any marketing? Getting mainstream too fast will just make it a pump and dump after all...

This. Is. Spot. On.  Thank you! Smiley

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:04:06 AM

It's funny, to point out that it is too difficult for mainstream use right now but the devs have been telling us just that while they focus on the core features. Keep the masses out for now.

Monero is not overvalued, it is fairly valued. And we will know when it is overvalued because everyone will be piling money on top of each other to get some (0.02 and greater).

aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:24:16 AM

No crypto is mainstream.  Bitcoin is not mainstream.  Bitcoin is not in a good position with respect to usability.  It is light-years ahead of Monero, of course.

The market trajectory of the coin is going to be crucial to achieving its full potential.  Please don't belittle efforts to advance the value of the coin.  Ideally, it would
advance with as little draw-down as possible.  This would tend to discourage p&d much better than would a sequence of events amenable to hype, which
would tend to serve that agenda, would help to create an impression of relative price stability/predictability, and advance confidence in the coin.

The default assumption is, reasonably, that any new coin is a scam.  Monero is proving itself, in gradual due course, on the development track, but the finance track
is equally necessary to take this train to its desired destination.  Finance is very much a confidence game, and anything we can do to increase value and reduce
price volatility will do heroic service to secure that crucial confidence.  We need allies in finance, in business, in entrepreneurial ventures, &c.

I understand that when one invests a great deal of your sweat or treasure into a project, one can get defensive.  Especially in a hostile environment, subject to
all manner of attack, from libel and slander to hacking to financial raids, it is easy to become sensitized to the dangers.  But constructive criticism, which will come
from diverse areas of expertise and emphasis, is very valuable.  Let's please take care not to discourage it, while defending against an imaginary threat out of habit.

Further: On the finance side the pecuniary interests of commentators are likely to be prominent.  That's okay.  This project is not a zero-sum game.  Its success will
improve life for millions of people, in myriad ways, and many of them will see financial gain.  Win-win scenarios like this are very difficult to find in this world.
It is a privilege to participate in such, and both a privilege and a blessing of gain to share it with others.  Habits which are trained in more hostile competitive domains are
well suited to interaction with hostile competitors, but the fewer of those which the Monero project has, the more fully and rapidly it will achieve its best potential.

Regarding valuation, a rational time-discounting valuation using a quantity theory model will assign radically different valuations depending on the probability of a given
level of market penetration.  If Monero achieves its maximum potential in the long-run with 100% probability, it is clearly grossly undervalued today.  But if you assign a
very low probability of success, or a much lower high-water mark, or a much higher probability of catastrophic failure, well it is impossible to say whether it is undervalued
or overvalued without parameterizing the model.  The fact is, the market places a current value on it today, and will place some other value on it tomorrow.  It is silly
to call it undervalued or overvalued without a coherent and rigorously parameterized performance model.  We can accept that the default assumption that Monero is
another doomed scam coin will lead many to consider it overvalued.  Just remember that it is a silly error, and that you can take advantage of it, if in fact it is much
more, and much more likely to succeed, than a naive observer would assume.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
tuanvtau

Activity: 179

Glow Like Dat

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:27:13 AM

the pool monero.farm is scam me, my address is:473wKLtpYiAj6pUHQ6XbK3cTnVSmjZvy3ZJ9BgvU7Mr2MFLGQMv3YTSQqtRXEyB7WiLePZVpXVus3Vj 8WMdkm9EGMHaXqvB
about 0.96 XMR don't pay

[ w h i t e p a p e r ]                      U B O N I U M                      [ a n n   t h r e a d ]
⚫  ETCF MARKET™       ⚫  UBOPAY™       ⚫  UBOBANK™       ⚫  UBOCARD™
Join Our TELEGRAM Community        ||     UBOCOIN PRE-ICO    March 1st
celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:29:20 AM

No crypto is mainstream.  Bitcoin is not mainstream.  Bitcoin is not in a good position with respect to usability.  It is light-years ahead of Monero, of course.

The market trajectory of the coin is going to be crucial to achieving its full potential.  Please don't belittle efforts to advance the value of the coin.  Ideally, it would
advance with as little draw-down as possible.  This would tend to discourage p&d much better than would a sequence of events amenable to hype, which
would tend to serve that agenda, would help to create an impression of relative price stability/predictability, and advance confidence in the coin.

The default assumption is, reasonably, that any new coin is a scam.  Monero is proving itself, in gradual due course, on the development track, but the finance track
is equally necessary to take this train to its desired destination.  Finance is very much a confidence game, and anything we can do to increase value and reduce
price volatility will do heroic service to secure that crucial confidence.  We need allies in finance, in business, in entrepreneurial ventures, &c.

I understand that when one invests a great deal of your sweat or treasure into a project, one can get defensive.  Especially in a hostile environment, subject to
all manner of attack, from libel and slander to hacking to financial raids, it is easy to become sensitized to the dangers.  But constructive criticism, which will come
from diverse areas of expertise and emphasis, is very valuable.  Let's please take care not to discourage it, while defending against an imaginary threat out of habit.

Further: On the finance side the pecuniary interests of commentators are likely to be prominent.  That's okay.  This project is not a zero-sum game.  Its success will
improve life for millions of people, in myriad ways, and many of them will see financial gain.  Win-win scenarios like this are very difficult to find in this world.
It is a privilege to participate in such, and both a privilege and a blessing of gain to share it with others.  Habits which are trained in more hostile competitive domains are
well suited to interaction with hostile competitors, but the fewer of those which the Monero project has, the more fully and rapidly it will achieve its best potential.

Nicely said(Yes, I read the whole thing Tongue)

Monero atm needs more:

Well done websites based off of it, whether that be forums, help sites, casino sites, e-commerce sites, etc

I could lend a hand in creating such websites if any members here would like to suggest ideas Smiley

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
whoknowsthisnose

Activity: 47

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:47:23 AM

Does anyone knows how much time it takes to receive a deposit in bter?

I am waiting for 90 minutes already, is it normal?

Still nothing..

Same problem with Bter:
Yesterday I did 3 deposits from poloniex to Bter without any problems, I found them less than 30 minutes later at my account. But the next deposit - done same way - is still not arrived (nearly 24 hours).

I wrote to the support 8 hours later and sent a reminder this morning, but -  as you may guess - I got no answer.

Iam somewhat pissed, because it was an amount, which eats my former winnings and somewhat more completly, if I will not get them.

I recommend, to send no XMR to Bter, untill this issue is solved.

To get any support from Bter, you have to chat with them on QQ

Hm...

My skills in Mandarin are tending to zero...

gotta work through it, they speak very broken english, but you can try to understand what they are saying.

You can copy and paste using Google translate to understand what the words mean

Problem solved!

I got an answer to my request and the missing XMR are now on my account.

Finally I am very pleased with the support of Bter.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 02:11:21 AM

I could lend a hand in creating such websites if any members here would like to suggest ideas Smiley
Well on its way, but thank you for your offer :-)

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Pages: « 1 ... 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 [381] 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: