Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:07:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 [417] 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667260 times)
firedoner

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:19:29 PM

hello i have tried this method and it says my password is still invalid... i dont understand why as its the same password, is there another method... or do you think i will have more luck with the new gui wallet?

thanks for you help

it kinda seems like you just forgot your password. did you try 'x' for password? or nothing? capslock?

dude theres no way i could have forgotten, i had it written on two docs, ive gone through all the previous versions of the txt doc i put it on, and the password is correct, so i dont know why i cant get into my wallet

i took extra precautions with xmr for the fact that i didnt want to lose money and its a great coin... i dont understand why it worked before and not now if its literally exactly same password

IDK man i find it really hard to believe. the cryptonote protocol doesn't just forget your passwords. i don't mean to be a dick but it is 99% likely that you are at fault here. If you wrote the password down correctly, and it is coming back as incorrect, you probably made a typo when you typed it into the daemon. it doesn't ask you to repeat the password when you generate a wallet, and it reads as ******** so there is no way to see if you made a type or not. my advice would be to try the password again in the daemon with all the likely typos, example if f is the first letter of your password, try it with all the keys surrounding f instead (c,d,r,t,g,v) and do that for all the other letters and i bet you will get it after a few tries.

again, not to be a dick, but I would bet 100 xmr you are the one at fault here not the daemon lol.

youre not being a dick at all lol thanks for helping in what ever way... i will try it, however i restore 5 previous versions all say i have same password since it was created... that same password worked.. is there any way i can hack my own wallet??
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
parker928

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:22:51 PM

hello i have tried this method and it says my password is still invalid... i dont understand why as its the same password, is there another method... or do you think i will have more luck with the new gui wallet?

thanks for you help

it kinda seems like you just forgot your password. did you try 'x' for password? or nothing? capslock?

dude theres no way i could have forgotten, i had it written on two docs, ive gone through all the previous versions of the txt doc i put it on, and the password is correct, so i dont know why i cant get into my wallet

i took extra precautions with xmr for the fact that i didnt want to lose money and its a great coin... i dont understand why it worked before and not now if its literally exactly same password

IDK man i find it really hard to believe. the cryptonote protocol doesn't just forget your passwords. i don't mean to be a dick but it is 99% likely that you are at fault here. If you wrote the password down correctly, and it is coming back as incorrect, you probably made a typo when you typed it into the daemon. it doesn't ask you to repeat the password when you generate a wallet, and it reads as ******** so there is no way to see if you made a type or not. my advice would be to try the password again in the daemon with all the likely typos, example if f is the first letter of your password, try it with all the keys surrounding f instead (c,d,r,t,g,v) and do that for all the other letters and i bet you will get it after a few tries.

again, not to be a dick, but I would bet 100 xmr you are the one at fault here not the daemon lol.

youre not being a dick at all lol thanks for helping in what ever way... i will try it, however i restore 5 previous versions all say i have same password since it was created... that same password worked.. is there any way i can hack my own wallet??

if it worked before it should work now. I have no other explination than that, and no, noone can hack a wallet, humans dont currently have the technology to do so.

are you 100% sure you have the correct wallet data in your file folder? i have a few different wallets that i use across 3 machines and sometimes i type the password for wallet 1 into wallet 2 and freak out before quickly realizing i am the one at fault lol. try the typo thing. the daemon did not make a mistake or forget your password so it must be some other error. did you do the 24 seed word thing by any chance?
liteon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

I'm a Firestarter!

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 02:26:43 PM

+1. Guys see my post above with step-by-step instructions to correctly migrate to clean 64-bit Monero installation.
bitmonero wallet v0.8.8.1()
password: *******
Error: failed to load wallet: file not found "wallet.bin.keys"

+
Error: failed to load wallet: failed to read file "wallet"

Selling NordVPN account with premium sub - expires 2021! PM me to buy.
dreamspark

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:28:10 PM

+1. Guys see my post above with step-by-step instructions to correctly migrate to clean 64-bit Monero installation.
Error: failed to load wallet: file not found "wallet.bin.keys"

Silly question but is that file there in the folder and of that name ?
liteon
Legendary

Activity: 1092

I'm a Firestarter!

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 02:30:18 PM

Folder name is not the same as a wallet name, but I tried it with command given for that "simplewallet --wallet-file wallet.bin"

Selling NordVPN account with premium sub - expires 2021! PM me to buy.
firedoner

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:30:36 PM

thanks for you help

if it worked before it should work now. I have no other explination than that, and no, noone can hack a wallet, humans dont currently have the technology to do so.

are you 100% sure you have the correct wallet data in your file folder? i have a few different wallets that i use across 3 machines and sometimes i type the password for wallet 1 into wallet 2 and freak out before quickly realizing i am the one at fault lol. try the typo thing. the daemon did not make a mistake or forget your password so it must be some other error. did you do the 24 seed word thing by any chance?

it worked before, so it better work now lool got a decent amount... and it must have been me or something... hmmm not even brute force attaack lol i need these xmr back lol

yes the thing is i only have one xmr wallet... one quazarcoin... and i always copy things two or three times to ensure stuff like this doesnt happen... will try all possible combos

and the 24 word seed was not an available feature with the first cryptonote wallet i created the password in... i tried to run wallet from the old gui i had and it worked... only thing was it didnt initillize as it was old and had been updated many times to the new one

thanks for your imput tho any help is appredciated
HashInvest

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

Pools: XMR.HashInvest.net

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 02:39:19 PM

Updates:

• Pool updated to edge pool software and daemon.
  • Edge difficulty retarget improvements applied and running.
  • Pool now donating 0.1% to pool software development in order to provide excellent service in future.
  • Still low 0.75% fees.

People! Join pool http://hashinvest.net. I take care of this pool all the time. Stable pool with low 0.75% fee. Instant online support and payouts.

Nice web site - distinct instuctions - with clear NVidia/AMD miner download links - and simple profit calculator & "Support is online". Respect. Smiley

Thanks for kind words.

I just added 443 Low Diff. Port so people can mine from their office workstations and beat corporate firewall.

dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 02:40:19 PM

You're asking the pool operators to steal from Claymore?

That's propaganda language.  We all know what is actually happening.  Calling it stealing is a way to smear the value judgments of others in an area where precedent is thin and vocabularies thinner.  I consider Claymore's miner a threat to Monero.  Because it is just a miner, it is a relatively low grade threat, but it is still a threat.  He chose to release it freely, with no license for download.  What we do with it is up to us.  There is almost no similarity to stealing. although I admit some tenuous analogy does exist.

"We all know what is actually happening" -- I must be wearing my stupid hat today, because it sounds to me like a pool threatening to take money mined to one address and redistribute it in a way other than what the standard pool contract and fee schedule indicates.  

But please do educate me.  That hat, you see.

It's one thing if an individual miner modifies their copy of the binary to behave in a manner other than the way it did originally.  That's up to the miner, any license on the code that they agree to, etc.  But once that mining reaches the pool, how is it any different from any other user having submitted a share?

Perhaps Claymore also has 100 of his own GPUs mining to that same address.

Perhaps I'm running one of my GPUs mining directly to his donation address as a way to say thank you.

It's not the pool's place to judge unless that's advertised clearly, in advance, with enough time for miners and developers to decide whether they are willing to support that kind of behavior.

The precedent is that pools pay in accordance with their policy regarding shares, found blocks, and pool fees, and they do so reliably and transparently.  The pools that don't do so are stealing, whether they do it by stealing from all users with hidden excess fees, fake extra accounts, or pocketing developer fees.

IntroVert

Activity: 265
Merit: 119

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:40:39 PM

thanks for you help

it worked before, so it better work now lool got a decent amount... and it must have been me or something... hmmm not even brute force attaack lol i need these xmr back lol

yes the thing is i only have one xmr wallet... one quazarcoin... and i always copy things two or three times to ensure stuff like this doesnt happen... will try all possible combos

and the 24 word seed was not an available feature with the first cryptonote wallet i created the password in... i tried to run wallet from the old gui i had and it worked... only thing was it didnt initillize as it was old and had been updated many times to the new one

Just a thought... Are you running multiple keyboard (language) layouts in Windows? Is it possible that you might have entered the password using one keyboard layout, and are now using another one i.e. having a separate English and your particular language keyboard layouts?
florida.haunted

Activity: 241
Merit: 125

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:44:49 PM

Folder name is not the same as a wallet name, but I tried it with command given for that "simplewallet --wallet-file wallet.bin"

Have you pass all steps accurately at my instructions:

*WINDOWS USERS* (I think Linux users may do very very the same)

In case of any problem you have encountered with Monero:

1. Backup your wallet.* files.
2. Delete ALL Monero files from your computer.
3. Download 64-bit Monero zip & blockchain.bin from 1st sticky page of this thread.
4. Unzip & place all the files downloaded above to the directory: "C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\bitmonero".
5. From the backup made at step 1, place wallet.* files ||| EXCEPT wallet.bin ||| into directory at step 4.
6. Start bitmonerod.exe and wait for it to sync with the net.
7. Start simplewallet by the commad prompt: "simplewallet --wallet-file wallet.bin" (name of file that must NOT exist in directory at step 4).
8. When you want to stop any monero executables - ALWAYS type "exit" & be patient.

simplewallet re-creates correct version of wallet.bin for you.

Since you migrate to 64-bit Monero by CORRECT WAY mentioned above - you will never have any problem except being patient due to Monero is currently somewhat slow.

Monero developers are working hard to entirely fix the problem - you may choose either migrate the way I described above, or wait for developers to release a fix.

?
florida.haunted

Activity: 241
Merit: 125

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:52:41 PM

Note that if you named your wallet file not "wallet.bin" but simply "wallet" you have to delete file "wallet", but keep "wallet.keys", etc,
so meaning file name is what you type to simplewallet prompt on starting:

before:

wallet.bin
wallet.bin.keys
wallet.bin.address.txt

after:

wallet.bin.keys
wallet.bin.address.txt

[64-bit] simplewallet --wallet-file wallet.bin

***OR***

before:

wallet
wallet.keys
wallet.address.txt

after:

wallet.keys
wallet.address.txt

[64 bit] simplewallet --wallet-file wallet

CarlesPuyol
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:52:59 PM

I think that the Mega-Pump before the entrance to Mintpal was immoderate and unhealthy, The overwhelming majority of the coins that passing Pumps like this, not sourviving for long.
The Dev's team have to work very hard to restore the value of XMR, I really believe in the coin but I'm Pessimistic.
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:54:42 PM

Google web search trend: we are still in very early days.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
firedoner

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:55:05 PM

thanks for you help

Just a thought... Are you running multiple keyboard (language) layouts in Windows? Is it possible that you might have entered the password using one keyboard layout, and are now using another one i.e. having a separate English and your particular language keyboard layouts?

its a good thought as i hadnt thought of it.... im not too sure if i am running multile keybord languages, how could i check this??

it is very possible to be honest... how would i be able to sort this if this is the case??

thanks dude much appreciated
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:02:30 PM

I think that the Mega-Pump before the entrance to Mintpal was immoderate and unhealthy, The overwhelming majority of the coins that passing Pumps like this, not sourviving for long.
The Dev's team have to work very hard to restore the value of XMR, I really believe in the coin but I'm Pessimistic.

Pumpsters can do their thing with any coin they like. It says literally nothing about the value proposition of the coin its self.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:10:18 PM

again, people are putting Monero in the same category as pump and dump coins. It is not.

You can't prevent pumps and dumps. This is how this pandemonium works. Good coins is much more susceptible to pump, because it's less dangerous for whale to pump it. Less chances that someone will dump before whale. Well, correct me, tell me what I am missing.
IntroVert

Activity: 265
Merit: 119

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:13:38 PM

its a good thought as i hadnt thought of it.... im not too sure if i am running multile keybord languages, how could i check this??

it is very possible to be honest... how would i be able to sort this if this is the case??

thanks dude much appreciated

[I truncated the previous conversation so it does not take too much space]

The fact that you are asking me this probably means that you are running only one, but here is how you can check.

In Windows, go to Control Panel, and from there to Region and Language (this is true on Win7). From the dialog box that will appear click on the Keyboards and Language tab, and once there click on the Change Keyboards button. A new dialog box will appear. If on the list in the Installed Services frame you see a single keyboard format like US or whatever your input language is, then you do not need to worry multiple keyboard layouts, you only have one. If you have more than one in that list, then you can cycle through them with Left Alt + Shift once you cancel out of the all dialog boxes you just opened.

Finger

Activity: 259
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:26:45 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 03:49:21 PM by Finger

Thx cyber god my computer is still working! At last synced with blockchain & i am on board the Monero space ship to the <there/where>.

As a hardcore Twitter lover & shadow (no credits) their new copyright/slogan founder back in 2009 i am now running info bot MoneroAlert@Twitter.

Feed source:
a) Reddit
b) MoneroTalk
c) Facebook
d) Google Monero cache alerts
e) *

*Monero price rss feed. This i tried to build http://feeds.feedburner.com/xmr-btc do not work/push rss.

Any help with bot update?
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:53:36 PM

Russia doesnt allow Youtube, China doesnt allow google and youtube...

Those countries are horrible places honestly with really corrupt governments.

Google is tyrannic. Good that is forbiden somewhere, they even might to think of themselfs.
nopedope89
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1059

FROSTING

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:46:01 PM

Hey guys!

Welcome to our pool Minergate.com. We support mining of Monero and offer two reward models - PPS and PPLNS (you can choose suitable method for each currency individually).
Moreover, we have the lowest fees on the market (2% PPS, 1.5% PPLNS).
Enjoy the most profitable on our pool!

Regards,
Minergate.com
Enjoy the most profitable mining on our pool

.next-generation social media service.
██   based on blockchain technology ██
                      ▄▄█▄ ▀▄▄
                   ▄███████  ███▄▄
               ▄█████▀▀ ████  ▀█████▄▄
           ▄▄█████▀    ▄ ▀███▄   ▀▀█████▄
       ▄▄█████▀       ██▄ ▀███▄      ▀▀█████▄
      ▐███▀▀        ▄█████  ████         ▀███▌
      ▐███         ████▀███▄ ▀███         ███▌
      ▐███        ████  ▀███▄ ▀███▄       ███▌
      ▐███      ▄███▀ ▄█  ███▌ ▐███▌      ███▌
      ▐███     ▄███▀ ████  ▀██▓  ████     ███▌
      ▐███    ████  ███▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄   ███▌
      ▐███   ████ ▄███▀ ▄██████████████▄  ███▌
      ▐██▀ ▄███▀ ▄███▒                    ███▌
      ▐█▀ ▄███▀ █████████████████████████████▌
         ████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
           ▀▀█████▄▄             ▄█████▀▀
               ▀▀█████▄▄     ▄▄████▀▀
                   ▀▀█████▄█████▀
                       ▀████▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ██▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀██ ▐██▀▀▀▀██ ▐██▀▀▀▀▀ ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀███▀ ████▄ ███ ███▀▀▀▀▀
     ███▄▄▄▄ ███   ▐██▌▐██▄  ▐██ ▐██████  ███▄▄▄▄▄   ██▌    ▓██  █████▄███ ██▌ ▄▄▄▄▄
     ██▀▀▀▀  ███   ▐██▌▐███▀███▀ ▐██        ▀▀▀▀██▌  ██▌    ▓██  ███ █████ ██▌   ███
     ██▌     ▀████████ ▐██   ██▌ ▐███████░████████   ██▌   █████ ███  ▀███ ▀████████
Twitter
Facebook
Youtube
Telegram [EN]
Telegram [KOR]
Medium
Pages: « 1 ... 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 [417] 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: