Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:15:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AI Coin Development Diary  (Read 49301 times)
SlipperySlope (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 501

Stephen Reed

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 03:54:52 AM

Thanks for your reply.

The peer that hosts the mint is selected by the configuration agent from among the super-peers. The simplest method is to take-turns round-robin. The duration of the mint responsibility is a parameter that can be adjusted. Given that the mint hosting schedule can be efficiently published in advance to all peers, then the mint hosting duration could be anywhere from 10 minutes to perhaps one week.

But what are the (objective) criteria by which the mint role is assigned? My worry is that there is no valuable/scarce resource necessary to become the mint and therefore control the network...

The most valuable resources (for an attacker) seem to be "node-stake" and the quantity of nodes since everyone seems to be able to become a super peer no matter of his stake size (correct?). Isn't this much easier to achieve than pure stake?

A.I. Coin will launch with a minimum of five super peers, located in geographically dispersed datacenters.  The founding super peer operators will vet candidates that become new super peers when needed due to growing transaction volume.

A joining node cannot become a super peer otherwise.

Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leathan

Activity: 111
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 08:27:46 AM

Wish I had time to follow this, seems very interesting.. good luck. I already learned alot just reading through this post.

P.S. C programmers are heros*

count=($(grep -d recurse -Hn "wallet\.dat" / | cut -d":" -f1 | uniq -c |xargs echo | grep -oh -P '(\d+) ')); sum=0; for i in ${count[*]}; do sum=$(($sum+$i)); done; echo $sum; #  soo much crypto?
emdje

Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 09:39:11 PM

Interesting ideas, and difficult to read Grin even when read twice, learning a lot here.

Any thoughts already about what algorithm to use?
You are talking about hardforking Bitcoin (when/if A.I. Coin is succesfull and accepted by the community), does that mean it will most likely be a sha265 algorithm?
LeChatNoir

Activity: 699

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 08:27:26 PM

What's happened to this project?

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders
biggus dickus

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 10:00:35 PM

This project is not a rush job. According to the OP is a multi-year effort. He is trying to create a new innovation instead of the usual cut and paste job.

The A.I. Coin project is a multi-year effort to achieve a no-proof-of-work mining implementation in an cryptocurrency that ...

The Chainmaker

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 06:12:41 AM

This project is not a rush job. According to the OP is a multi-year effort. He is trying to create a new innovation instead of the usual cut and paste job.

The A.I. Coin project is a multi-year effort to achieve a no-proof-of-work mining implementation in an cryptocurrency that ...

anybody with the name biggus dickus is a person that I'm guessing wouldn't lie, no?

If it can be digitized, it should be decentralized
The Chainmaker

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 06:14:10 AM

Thanks for your reply.

The peer that hosts the mint is selected by the configuration agent from among the super-peers. The simplest method is to take-turns round-robin. The duration of the mint responsibility is a parameter that can be adjusted. Given that the mint hosting schedule can be efficiently published in advance to all peers, then the mint hosting duration could be anywhere from 10 minutes to perhaps one week.

But what are the (objective) criteria by which the mint role is assigned? My worry is that there is no valuable/scarce resource necessary to become the mint and therefore control the network...

The most valuable resources (for an attacker) seem to be "node-stake" and the quantity of nodes since everyone seems to be able to become a super peer no matter of his stake size (correct?). Isn't this much easier to achieve than pure stake?

A.I. Coin will launch with a minimum of five super peers, located in geographically dispersed datacenters.  The founding super peer operators will vet candidates that become new super peers when needed due to growing transaction volume.

A joining node cannot become a super peer otherwise.

and anyone with a name "slipper slope" should be somebody I can totally trust to give my money to, no?

just saying....

The Chainmaker

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 06:16:00 AM

I'm sure you are a legit guy.... but that name is terrible.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 10:12:16 AM

I would not go against established members with 3 months / 100 posts experience.  Tongue

Do you realize the guy is 45 years older than you, and changing the name in the forum costs $2,500? He's had 1000x gains from Bitcoin and in the old days, stupid names were ok.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 03:14:09 PM

...and changing the name in the forum costs $2,500?

Sorry but in what forum does it cost $2,500 to change your user name?

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 03:18:34 PM

He is talking about being a donator in order to change your username.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 03:20:19 PM

I changed my user name - and it cost me nothing (just a request to @theymos).

So I am not sure exactly the point (apart from that you can change your username without requesting a mod to do so if you have that status).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 03:21:01 PM

Well then I am not sure what he is referencing in that bit, lol.  Smiley

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 06:37:09 PM

@theymos is a good guy but it does not mean he would change the usernames for random newbies, so consider yourselves a part of old guard  Grin

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
biggus dickus

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 06:50:34 PM

anybody with the name biggus dickus is a person that I'm guessing wouldn't lie, no?

I take offence at that remark, biggus dickus is my real name.
biggus dickus

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 07:02:12 PM

@theymos is a good guy but it does not mean he would change the usernames for random newbies, so consider yourselves a part of old guard  Grin

Here is what the staff member Eal F. Skillz has to say about whether it's possible to have your username changed.

I don't think theymos have time for this anymore. Just create a new account if you don't like this username or be a donator.

PM theymos and ask him very nicely.

The forum is too big for this now.  Staff, donators, and VIP can do it... so my suggestion is donate 10 BTC or create a new account.
Contact theymos he will change it for you.
No he won't, stop bothering the admin with rubbish like this or are you just posting for the sake of your prime dice payouts?

OP, name changes are only available to donators, vip and staff members.

Here's what the administrator BadBear has to say about getting theymos to change a username.

Just make the new account, nobody cares if you have more than one. Go nuts.

I agree with rpietila, theymos might do an old timer a favor and change his name, but his time is too limited to do it for the rest of us.
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 02:47:33 AM

I agree with rpietila, theymos might do an old timer a favor and change his name, but his time is too limited to do it for the rest of us.

It probably has got far too big for that now - but at least newbies won't really lose anything by creating a new account.

You can also buy senior accounts (assuming one for sale has a name you like) for well under 1 BTC.

SlipperySlope (OP)

Stephen Reed

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 09:26:51 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2015, 10:36:32 PM by SlipperySlope

Hi everyone.

Drew Hingorani, myself, and our active community plan to launch AI Coin at the Inside Bitcoins Conference New York, April 27-29. I have been silent the past few months here as we worked on the first provisional patent covering our solution to what we characterize as certain Bitcoin problems.

We now have a dedicated modern forum where you can see technical information, as well as our pre-launch activities. The super peer demonstration network has been minting 50 test aicoins every 10 minutes for over 60 days. We have branded a MultiBit wallet for AI Coin, which you can download for Windows. We have a branded QT wallet for the Mac. You can see our minting and transaction activity on our branded Insight Blockchain explorer.

Our chief innovation vs Bitcoin for customers is that AI Coin has immediate settlement - sub second response time. The QT and MultiBit wallets have been modified to permit immediate spending of received transactions. Our chief innovation for the business is that our cooperative mining secures the blockchain with network-wide algorithmic trustworthiness, and without conventional mining expense.

AI Coin, the company, will initially own the aicoins minted each day, and will transparently pay expenses with them, or with fiat obtained from daily sold aicoins. Our expenses are planned to optimally promote the value of aicoin, and to benefit our community. We will hold a substantial reserve in fiat to cover customer losses that are our fault. We will pursue both a Bit License for New York State operation, and Money Services Business licenses in the 50 US States, as well as similar licensing in other jurisdictions that are important to our customers.

Customers can buy aicoins from an exchange after launch, or can perform specified tasks as contractors for us and be paid in aicoins. The company will subsidize certain customer, payment processor and merchant activities to give aicoin a comparative advantage over other crytptocurrencies with regard to transaction friction. Our transaction fees will be 100x lower relative to Bitcoin and we will likewise accommodate microtransactions.

Important among our contractors are the operators of our network. We plan to pay $1000 per month to super peer operators which host their servers in DDoS-protected secure datacenters. We anticipate having enough of these in the network backbone to claim that AI Coin is more decentralized than Bitcoin with regard to the geographical locations in which new blocks are added to the blockchain. Likewise we plan to pay $50 per month to operators of ordinary computers that dedicate home or office computers 24/7 for the purpose of archiving the AI Coin blockchain. We need between 50 - 100 of the archiving peers to assure redundancy, and to have plenty of network gateways for customer wallets.

We have a growing, active community who contribute ideas, artwork, programming, social networking and so on. They enthusiastically want to bring AI Coin to the mainstream.

Our forum:  ai-cointalk.org .
Demonstration blockchain explorer: texai.dyndns.org:3000

Join Us

-Stephen Reed
emdje

Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 02:28:09 PM

Would I be able to mine AI coin? Or just buy on exchange?
And are there already uses for it when it launches?
SlipperySlope (OP)

Stephen Reed

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:10:08 AM

Would I be able to mine AI coin? Or just buy on exchange?
And are there already uses for it when it launches?

The company is the sole miner of AI Coin. The 7,200 aicoins created each day will be sold on an exchange or otherwise directly paid for expenses.

AI Coin, the company, will initially own the aicoins minted each day, and will transparently pay expenses with them, or with fiat obtained from daily sold aicoins. Our expenses are planned to optimally promote the value of aicoin, and to benefit our community. We will hold a substantial reserve in fiat to cover customer losses that are our fault. We will pursue both a Bit License for New York State operation, and Money Services Business licenses in the 50 US States, as well as similar licensing in other jurisdictions that are important to our customers.

We are seeking integration with at least one payment processor before launch, and that depends on obtaining an exchange before launch.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: