Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:08:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm tired of the United States  (Read 2363 times)
GospodinDD

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 07:38:04 AM

I am more for this: Make love, not war Smiley But I agree that we do not need leader at all. As I know people have same right, so all countries should have same rights.
Initscri

Activity: 1554
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 07:41:53 AM

Being from small-town Canada, I'd happily switch TO the United States.

I love Tech, specifically ecommerce. Canada Postage is too expensive, ecommerce dried out within Canada real quick. Competition is too difficult when you have the states right below you and Canada not trying to advance.

But as with most countries, there are pros and cons. Issue is people only look at the cons before looking at the actual pros of, for example, not being in Africa.

i like canada. if you came to the U.S. you would probably have to learn how to deal with so many dicks. canadians are really nice, communal type people.. and people more educated than most americans to boot.

Haha, I'm actually on vacation in the United States right now. (Florida OFC, where else? Come down here for every year past 10 years). I've met some really nice Americans (and I have friends who live in Alabama, PA, etc...), so I guess it really depends. It is really proportionate. Believe me, there are some Canadians who are dicks just as much, if not more.

No doubt, I love the people in Canada, but It's more or less a matter of Economics, Industry Standards and our generic cost of living being ridiculously high. Not to mention if you want to go to the states, have fun in the line-up.

----------------------------------
Web Developer. PM for details.
----------------------------------
supernem

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 08:30:57 AM

People are too stupid, desire power, and don't cooperate, and that's worse than the US government.
DAYAGO

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:35:04 PM

What you are proposing is "Anarchy". Google it, it hasn't worked before  Undecided
u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:48:51 PM

What you are proposing is "Anarchy". Google it, it hasn't worked before  Undecided

Sort of... so for example, during the Spanish Civil War, the regions of Catalonia and Aragon were effectively an anarchy; there was no central government controlling the course of affairs, but things were still done: day to day living went on as usual, infrastructure was built and maintained, etc. The only reason it did in fact not work out was due to outside interference.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:00:06 PM

Yeah, let's tear it down! We don't need laws or police or roads or education. All that stuff get's in the way of my plans to enslave your children anyway. Without the government we can enjoy the peace and quiet that comes from the aftermath of a well executed poison gas depopulation.
Your children will not have to deal with the distractions of civilized life. There will just be mining and dying early. Easy peazy. It will be just like the good old days after the fall of Rome or the glitter of the bronze age collapse.  Grin

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
troy112

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:02:56 PM

Go live in a jungle, there you dont have to folllow anyone.  Cheesy
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:09:01 PM

How about we actually treat the USA Constitution as the law?
It can be amended when necessary, so most arguments against are usually BS.

u9y42
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:51:35 PM

Yeah, let's tear it down! We don't need laws or police or roads or education. All that stuff get's in the way of my plans to enslave your children anyway. Without the government we can enjoy the peace and quiet that comes from the aftermath of a well executed poison gas depopulation.
Your children will not have to deal with the distractions of civilized life. There will just be mining and dying early. Easy peazy. It will be just like the good old days after the fall of Rome or the glitter of the bronze age collapse.  Grin

As I stated above, there have been cases of anarchy working without internal conflict; what you suggest wouldn't always be the outcome fortunately. Tongue

There are some qualifications though: the example I gave wasn't anarcho-capitalism, but real anarchy; I personally don't believe anarcho-capitalism can succeed. And in the case of Spain, there had previously been decades of popular organizing, and a lot of failed attempts before they got it right.

So, I believe attempting the same in the US at this point in time would probably be a bad idea; it could just as easily shift even further to the right. But with enough education, organizing, and pushing for changes within the current system (like getting rid of money in politics once and for all, for example), it would be possible.

EDIT: here's an interview at The Real News with Chris Hedges https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX6n861Gu6Q that goes on a bit about this, and on what you can do to begin changing the current situation.
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:58:41 PM

a lot of people are fed up with the surveillance/ police state that the USA has become.

Not very many people care enough to actually protest though.

I can guarantee that if the US has major widespread protests like in the arab spring, they would be dealt with extremely harshly and with excessive force.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:57:37 PM

We will come together and make our voices heard when the time if most opportune to us. 
jinjuro

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:58:24 AM

No way you can defeat US. If you don't like to live in US. Live in the wilderness, live off grid. Plant your own vegetables and fruits and grow your own livestocks. And live peacefully ever after.
u9y42
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:21:02 AM

No way you can defeat US. If you don't like to live in US. Live in the wilderness, live off grid. Plant your own vegetables and fruits and grow your own livestocks. And live peacefully ever after.

Ultimately the US, as any other country, is constituted by its people. If people actually organize, and start pressing for democratic changes, of course they can "defeat the US".
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:28:19 AM

No way you can defeat US.

No need to defeat the US. The US will disintegrate on itself. Just check the disintegration of the USSR. The USSR collapsed as the war machine became unsustainable. The same will happen with the US.
tins

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:06:02 AM

No way you can defeat US.

No need to defeat the US. The US will disintegrate on itself. Just check the disintegration of the USSR. The USSR collapsed as the war machine became unsustainable. The same will happen with the US.

Unfortunately you're on to something. The U.S. is spending itself into oblivion.
That is what draws me to Bitcoin.
My wife believes in traditional "safe" investments. So, we have her 403B, Roth IRA's.
I do not believe the average person gains from those, plus with the way the government is headed, how do we know that they are even safe? Therefore, I turned to non-traditional "risky" investments....Bitcoin, metals, property.
Should the U.S. every decide to seize its citizen's wealth to pay off the bad debt, I have hedged my bets.
platorin

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:16:31 AM

I can only imagine how life is in US. Try, for instance, live in Eastern Europe.
tins

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:37:48 AM

I can only imagine how life is in US. Try, for instance, live in Eastern Europe.

I have no frame of reference as to how life is over there.
Is it more free than the U.S.? How people complain about the governments as much as we do?
BawsyBoss

Activity: 389

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:41:20 AM

Is it more free than the U.S.? How people complain about the governments as much as we do?

I am pretty sure that every single country complains about their government to a certain degree. If they don't, then there's something fishy going on. However, that's the way it should be, since it help keep the government in check.

Forever strong.
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:30:23 PM

I am pretty sure that every single country complains about their government to a certain degree. If they don't, then there's something fishy going on. However, that's the way it should be, since it help keep the government in check.

Imagine the US government was anywhere close to Sweden government in terms of democracy and transparency
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:25:25 PM

Should the U.S. every decide to seize its citizen's wealth to pay off the bad debt, I have hedged my bets.

No joke. It will happen sooner than you expect. Everyone in the US will now be thinking that what happened to the Cypriots will never happen to them. Well... everyone will be proved wrong.  Angry
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: