Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:45:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 535 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official  (Read 940986 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:31:52 PM

but many more continue adding coins by forging massive amounts

no the total NXT in circulation does not increase.  The money supply is constant.

-bm

So those people with 40-50 million coins, they don't forge more?

they do forge BLOCKS and they get the TX FEES as payment for doing so.  So the NXTs only circulate from USERS to STAKEHOLDERS via transaction fees.

it's quite different than Bitcoin.

-bm

I understand that but, assuming they havent sold a single coin, a guy with 50 million would have considerably more than 50 million nby forging right now, right?

no it would be a drop in the bucket compared to 50million nxt.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 08:31:53 PM

no the total NXT in circulation does not increase.  The money supply is constant.

-bm

they do forge BLOCKS and they get the TX FEES as payment for doing so.  So the NXTs only circulate from USERS to STAKEHOLDERS via transaction fees.

-bm

I understand that but, assuming they havent sold a single coin, a guy with 50 million would have considerably more than 50 million nby forging right now, right?

yes, but that is true for everyone only forging and not selling. What is your point?

bluemeanie1

Activity: 280
Merit: 257

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 08:35:50 PM

-bm

well yes they can sit on their stake and just rake in the NXT in tx fees.  As it currently stands the profits are pretty low, but as the software features build out there will be exponentially more tx fees thus the NXT stake will be worth far more.  For instance currently many blocks are empty.  As usage increases, those blocks will have TX fees which will be gathered by the NXT stakeholders during the forging process.

It could have a massive compound effect as features are built out in the network.

-bm

Just who IS bluemeanie?    On NXTautoDAC and a Million Stolen NXT

feel like your voice isn't being heard? PM me.   |   stole 1M NXT?
Voluntold

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:36:00 PM

-bm

-bm

Account 474...888 has been forging for quite some time with 50 million Nxt, and it's not like he's increased his supply much.  It's a non issue in my opinion.  

Nxt:  NXT-5BHG-9VRE-QGW6-DRZVQ
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:37:35 PM

-bm

-bm

yes, but that is true for everyone only forging and not selling. What is your point?

My point is that if only 20 wallets control probably 80-90% or more of NXT, how does that situation makes a 51% attack "impossible" as claimed in the NXT documents?

Clearer: There's a huge distribution problem -extensible to forging- in this coin. Or I am totally wrong?
Voluntold

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:39:38 PM

-bm

-bm

My point is that if only 20 wallets control probably 80-90% or more of NXT, how does that situation makes a 51% attack "impossible" as claimed in the NXT documents?

Clearer: There's a huge distribution problem -extensible to forging- in this coin. Or I am totally wrong?

You are wrong.  There isn't a huge distribution problem.  Distribution is already way better than bitcoin's and continues to get better. 

bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 08:40:56 PM

Account 474...888 has been forging for quite some time with 50 million Nxt, and it's not like he's increased his supply much.  It's a non issue in my opinion. 

the P/E will improve considerably over time.  Most of the blocks are empty and that will certainly change... it has changed with the release of the AE.  Hypothetically we can continue to add features until we reach some kind of capacity limits on the block chain.

-bm

Ezravdb

Merit: 506

Trphy.io

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:42:03 PM

-bm

-bm

That's not the case anymore for a loooooooong time

LOOK HERE: http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=34

Here you can see the top accounts

A few of them are from BTER, DGEX and CRYPTSY, the top 20 account now own less than 30-40% (rough calculation)

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
|
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 08:42:22 PM

Account 474...888 has been forging for quite some time with 50 million Nxt, and it's not like he's increased his supply much.  It's a non issue in my opinion. 

the P/E will improve considerably over time.  Most of the blocks are empty and that will certainly change... it has changed with the release of the AE.  Hypothetically we can continue to add features until we reach some kind of capacity limits on the block chain.

-bm

yeah but I think the fee should be lower atleast 10 times!

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:42:43 PM

-bm

-bm

You are wrong.  There isn't a huge distribution problem.  Distribution is already way better than bitcoin's and continues to get better. 

I appreciate your confidence but, sorry, you don 't dispute any of my points. Again: 20 wallets got a total of 1 billion coins. Even after presumably massive dumping, still a bunch of those wallets and a few others, control 90% of the coins. How is that not a massive distribution problem? SWhatever the situation on BTc notwithstanding?
Voluntold

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:45:33 PM

-bm

-bm

I appreciate your confidence but, sorry, you don 't dispute any of my points. Again: 20 wallets got a total of 1 billion coins. Even after presumably massive dumping, still a bunch of those wallets and a few others, control 90% of the coins. How is that not a massive distribution problem? SWhatever the situation on BTc notwithstanding?

No, they didn't.  Seriously dude, time to do some research.

Ezravdb

Trphy.io

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:45:45 PM

-bm

-bm

You sir must be a troll...  

Top 100 NXT account: http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=34

▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

|
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 08:45:59 PM

-bm

-bm

check the distribution here: http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=34
BTC has a worse distribution. Don't make bad assumptions please.

bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 08:48:12 PM

there's a lot of FUD out there because rival projects who have VC backing see NXT as a huge threat.

NXT is an open source project and even though we have great minds evangelizing for NXT, they don't really get paid- they seem to do it out of some sort of religious conviction.

-bm

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:51:35 PM

-bm

-bm

UH ho... Houston we have a serious problem. Questioning a very logical question, make me a "must be a troll".... very serious (and common) problem.

No "sir" I am just looking for clear answers, that cannot come from fan boys or scammers -one of which you surely are-. I AM aware of the holdings of those 100 wallets. Top 10 wallets still own almost 1/3 of the coins. It IS a HUGE problem by which future investors, like me, should run for the exits.

I wanted some common sensical explanations, obviously there's nothing but blind greed.
Vega

Activity: 739
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:53:15 PM

You are working with some (incorrect) second hand information. Please take a look at the OP, follow the links, read the wiki, and other sources.
Ezravdb

Trphy.io

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:53:22 PM

Then you are in the wrong topic, because there aint no 20 wallets controlling 90 % of the NXT lmao

▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

|
Voluntold

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:53:50 PM

no the total NXT in circulation does not increase.  The money supply is constant.

-bm

-bm

You are wrong.  There isn't a huge distribution problem.  Distribution is already way better than bitcoin's and continues to get better.  

UH ho... Houston we have a serious problem. Questioning a very logical question, make me a "must be a troll".... very serious (and common) problem.

No "sir" I am just looking for clear answers, that cannot come from fan boys or scammers -one of which you surely are-. I AM aware of the holdings of those 100 wallets. Top 10 wallets still own almost 1/3 of the coins. It IS a HUGE problem by which future investors, like me, should run for the exits.

I wanted some common sensical explanations, obviously there's nothing but blind greed.

Lol, okay.  Then start sprinting.  Bye.

Edit: you went from 'top 20 owning 90%' to 'top 10 owning 1/3'.  Which is it?

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 08:54:15 PM

Show me 10 stocks that don't have the top 10 investors hold >1/3 Wink

bluemeanie1

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 08:54:45 PM

EIDF detected?

https://nxtforum.org/alternate-cryptocurrencies/dogethereum/

Smiley

-bm

Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 535 »
  Print  

Jump to: