Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:15:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] - The WhiteCoin Foundation - Community Planning & Discussion  (Read 89521 times)
Michael Humis

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:52:04 PM

WhiteCoin is dead. Double spend issue.
No. Dev will resolve this. don't try to troll here.

I don't even bother anymore, let them trash-talk.

Yeah. Don't even bother them. Let them trash-talk.

Sorry about the off-topic but: Do you own coin2? I was wondering because you posted in their thread. I once played the first beta (looked a lot like random-unity-objects and -maps) and liked the concept, are they still working on it? Last thing I heard it was frozen (at least at poloniex), It's a shame it's not available at the "big" exchanges. I don't trust the indie-exchanges well enough to take my btc there.

Coin2 is still alive and the dev team now is very active developing games and videos. And Coin2 now is traded in bter.com and will soon be traded in mintpal.com. And in additional, Coin2 has a very popular population among Chinese.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mahuateng

Activity: 40

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:53:26 PM

WhiteCoin is dead. Double spend issue.
No. Dev will resolve this. don't try to troll here.

it is so sad that the coin has the problem.

just wait and be paitient...
mogonzo (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:04:01 PM

Good morning everyone, another quick update.

Testing is continuing to go well, and I'm confident we'll be able to announce our wallet-update time by the end of the day today.

Our broad team of developers are working out of multiple timezones from around the world, which is causing some issues for teamwork, but does give us a bonus that there are people on this nearly 24 hours day.

I'd like to remind everyone:

• Fundraising to pay our devs will not begin until after a fix is available
  • We still need people on the P2P protection ports (links below)
  • With market wallets closed another timewarp attack would fail, and any doublespent coins would vanish from the blockchain before possible conversion to BTC
  • Yesterday's timewarp attack was not to steal from our community, but to steal BTC from exchanges
  • We believe the group that targeted WhiteCoin has targeted other coins in the past, and we strongly discourage attempts to contact or investigate this group by our community. As I said in the IRC scrum last night, whoever did this is not to be trifled with.

URL1: stratum+tcp://mining.oizopower.nl:8343 -u WWBeSGnKpf3mHuVm3CeNwX6MtnEjf4589m -p x

URL2: stratum+tcp://stratum.kryptochaos.com:3324 -u WWBeSGnKpf3mHuVm3CeNwX6MtnEjf4589m -p x
Connection Type: -u WALLET -p x

URL: kernels10.noip.me:8343 -u WWBeSGnKpf3mHuVm3CeNwX6MtnEjf4589m -p x

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
James Bond 007

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:12:43 PM

Testing is continuing to go well, and I'm confident we'll be able to announce our wallet-update time by the end of the day today.

Our broad team of developers are working out of multiple timezones from around the world, which is causing some issues for teamwork, but does give us a bonus that there are people on this nearly 24 hours day.

• With market wallets closed another timewarp attack would fail, and any doublespent coins would vanish from the blockchain before possible conversion to BTC
  • Yesterday's timewarp attack was not to steal from our community, but to steal BTC from exchanges
  • We believe the group that targeted WhiteCoin has targeted other coins in the past, and we strongly discourage attempts to contact or investigate this group by our community. As I said in the IRC scrum last night, whoever did this is not to be trifled with.

URL1: stratum+tcp://mining.oizopower.nl:8343 -u WWBeSGnKpf3mHuVm3CeNwX6MtnEjf4589m -p x

URL2: stratum+tcp://stratum.kryptochaos.com:3324 -u WWBeSGnKpf3mHuVm3CeNwX6MtnEjf4589m -p x

Great news. thank you for this update.
coinpool_de

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:16:13 PM

This would be great. I want to test the new wallet. I write you a comment #whitecoinfoundation
eddienova

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:52:37 PM

This is a job for a Crypto Intelligence Agency? Or a Federal Bureau of Instamines? Or a Nakamoto Security Administration?

Or more seriously, perhaps this "group" that Mogonzo mentions should be the rallying point for the entire crypto world to come together for the purpose of mutual security. Or does that threaten to centralize things unnecessarily? Or am I just thinking too Utopian?
WhyMe126

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:08:25 PM

This would be great. I want to test the new wallet. I write you a comment #whitecoinfoundation

I am here looking forward to seeing this new wallet coming out.
cointradero

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:14:29 PM

This is a job for a Crypto Intelligence Agency? Or a Federal Bureau of Instamines? Or a Nakamoto Security Administration?

Or more seriously, perhaps this "group" that Mogonzo mentions should be the rallying point for the entire crypto world to come together for the purpose of mutual security. Or does that threaten to centralize things unnecessarily? Or am I just thinking too Utopian?

I don't think Mongozo had anything to do with the theft, but that line just cracked me up.  I would discourage hunting for them because it's so easy to hide your tracks in crypto.  It's likely a waste of time.  But going out of the way to say don't look for them because they are likely badasses sounds like Don't look for me! If he would have said something about them being undeniable geniuses with incredibly good taste in coins to rip-off, it would have sealed the deal. 
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:15:13 PM

Here is an article on why Whitecoin must survive. http://therubbermonkey.me/2014/05/02/the-fate-of-whitecoin-may-become-the-fate-of-all-cryptocurrency/

altcoinherald

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 04:17:49 PM

That was a fun read. WhiteCoin is 'too big to fail.'  Grin

Maybe WhiteCoin can get a government bailout.

BTW, don't anyone investigate who did the DDOS and double spend. They are 'not to be trifled with.'

heartastack

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:31:40 PM

Crypto gangsters, they might have guns and knives. Wish they would share the women tho
gerdab

Activity: 686
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:32:52 PM

May 2
always the same song: wallet in testing!, the devs are working!, give us ur hashpower for free to maintain Blockchain!
on exchange sites many continue to lose money in speculation manipulative...
if they wrote a codes wallet line by line, it ll be already ready!
would not it time to let it die in peace?!
surfguy72

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:44:19 PM

May 2
always the same song: wallet in testing!, the devs are working!, give us ur hashpower for free to maintain Blockchain!

It's been a long road, to get from there to here.
it's been a long time, but my time is finally here.
And i can feel a change in the wind right now.
nothing's in my way.
and they're not gonna hold me down no more.
no they're not gonna hold me down.

Cause I've got Faith

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:01:59 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 06:24:10 PM by Halofire

May 2

The thing that bothers me with donating hashes, is that they want you to do so through their pool when solo-mining would be just as effective, which wasn't discussed. The difference is you get a chance to make coin, and when scaled, it doesn't allow anyone to gain 51%, regardless of intent. Crypto is supposed to be decentralized and unregulated, yet we try to tame the beast anyway. So Mogonzo and Co. should be offering both solo-mining and their pool mining as options. Remember, 10 WC per block is 9600 WC/day, 3+million/year. I'm not bashing Mogonzo, because if he didn't secure the chain, we'd really be screwed, i'm just saying we now have alternatives.

Summary: It doesn't matter where or how you mine WC, just mine it!

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
seattletu

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:32:24 PM

That was a fun read. WhiteCoin is 'too big to fail.'  Grin

BTW, don't anyone investigate who did the DDOS and double spend. They are 'not to be trifled with.'

Maybe he knows something we don't. Did you see the pics of the batman Dev who's house was broken into and he was beaten for his crypto keys?
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:34:53 PM

That was a fun read. WhiteCoin is 'too big to fail.'  Grin

Maybe he knows something we don't. Did you see the pics of the batman Dev who's house was broken into and he was beaten for his crypto keys?

for real? for batman coins?  wtf would they do to a dev that created something of value?

buzz2708

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:35:29 PM

Why bittrex disabled WC deposit/withdrwal?

BTC : 1Nt7TtotpU5L2Duz6igVX2b2kYN61rpMiz
surfguy72

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:51:56 PM

Another new dev team is being put in place apparently, I'm not making this up. Mogonzo jumped in and fired the new old dev team right when they were doing a beta and pissed them off. The new new dev team is saying a new wallet will be out soon, but have shown no proof.

It was a complete mess in IRC and the community is thinking we need to get rid of mogonzo for his behavior.

mogonzo:

after yesterday's events

and due ot the fact taht there was some differing opinions on the new dev team as to the best approach

I took new action as project lead

I tapped a 2nd team of devlopers to begin work on a separate option for a fix

in case our first option did not pan out

this was for everyone's safety

to ensure that we'd have a fast solution to this problem

the testing process was taking forever on the first fix so I decided to act.

this is nothign personal against TF2 and mindfox

You've said countless times you hope the price gets lower so you can buy more.  Both sides of the story are deserved to be head, but someone left the IRC channel when it got real.  All I heard was he was pissed because his wallet wasn't chosen.  Please, help me find out what are the technical reasons for his anger, and i'll be open to debate.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
surfguy72

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:54:01 PM

Thanks!  This will only be the begining.  Its important this is captured.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
Raxe.io

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 07:54:59 PM

It's interesting. It's clearly obvious they are hardcore developers, the Whitecoin community is pressuring the devs right now. Quite unnecessarily.

Raxe.io / Example wallet: http://wallet.raxe.io
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: