Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:15:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] - The WhiteCoin Foundation - Community Planning & Discussion  (Read 89533 times)
hdclover

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:15:15 AM

+1 Respect.

Blah blah
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:31:10 AM

mogonzo, tf2honeybadger, i have PM'ed you both Wink

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:37:10 AM

What I have PM'e them about is PoS. Do you guys want 28 days as it is now, or 12 hours like we were told at the beginning?

faster stake times are better all around imo. People will leave wallets open, faster confirms, more nodes, more stake power against 51%. Same amount of coins issued per block, we'd get paid less per stake but more frequently and accurately. Let the dev's know before they release the wallet!!!

tf2honeybadger

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:40:26 AM

What I have PM'e them about is PoS. Do you guys want 28 days as it is now, or 12 hours like we were told at the beginning?

faster stake times are better all around imo. People will leave wallets open, faster confirms, more nodes, more stake power against 51%. Same amount of coins issued per block, we'd get paid less per stake but more frequently and accurately. Let the dev's know before they release the wallet!!!

My goal in working with WC here is not to make large changes. In other words, I am towing WC out of the ditch, filling its tank with gas, etc, but I am not installing a new transmission. If there is significant push for a change, I will talk with the Foundation about implementing it, but my goal here is to fix the coin, then hand it off to the foundation and new developers.
tabali tigi

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 04:44:46 AM

so...

this is fucked up...

I am "chris bates" mentioned in the BTC chat, but i had nothing to do with this...

i am weirded out to see my name pop up in that conversation...

but...i was here trying to figure out what the fuck is going on with whitecoin...and my name pops up...

crazy...

rupayacoin

Activity: 387
Merit: 258

RUP Developer

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 04:45:16 AM

Hello,
Developer from Cryptographic Anomaly (CGA) here, as well as a moderator from the Poloniex exchange.
I have been working to implement, test, and then deploy the fixes necessary to bring WC back to primetime and get staking working. As it is, I believe I have all the necessary fixes done in my fork of the code tree (accessible here: https://github.com/tf2honeybadger/Whitecoin). However, I am getting very tired, and I am not confident in my abilities to continue to test and then deploy this new wallet without a full night's sleep and the help of the foundation.

The code in my fork of the code tree should be considered bleeding edge, and it is not suitable for production. It is your full responsibility to back up your wallet.dat before running it. It compiles, but I cannot promise that it will be able to sync up with another node because mine are off right now. This has changes suggested by cryptowest (create a new keypair for staking), and the changes proposed by the original, anonymous, Whitecoin developer (they can be found here: https://github.com/Whitecoiner/Whitecoin/pull/5).

I will continue to work on the WC wallet until the staking is confirmed to be working and Poloniex and Mintpal have resumed trading. After this happens, I will no longer be doing development work for WC. The Foundation is working to bring on new developers who know much more about PoS coin source than I do, and we will hopefully see this soon.

Many of you may be wondering why I chose to do this for another coin. I believe that coin developers need to help each other out more often. While community matters inside each altcoin, it also matters for the whole coin ecosystem. I hope that going forward, WC has two new goals in mind: Transparency in the foundation and in the development process, and rigorous testing of wallets before a widespread release. I hope that the foundation will help to make this happen. I have a very small stake in WC (~200 WC), so I really am doing this to help another coin out, not to save myself.

See you all in #whitecoinfoundation on freenode soon,
tf2honeybadger.

Great to see people like yourself in the Cryptocurrency arena.  Smiley

Rupaya
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:49:47 AM

My goal in working with WC here is not to make large changes. In other words, I am towing WC out of the ditch, filling its tank with gas, etc, but I am not installing a new transmission. If there is significant push for a change, I will talk with the Foundation about implementing it, but my goal here is to fix the coin, then hand it off to the foundation and new developers.

Thanks for replying! Good PR.

ok, i see your role. Would definitely like you to check with the Foundation about WC foundation lol. This was the basis on why some, if not most, people chose WC.

Everyone who voted, voted for 12 hour, about 10 people. Unanimous.

mogonzo (OP)

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:08:56 AM

Thank you so much for your hard work. What a team!

And thanks to the community for your patience through this process. We felt it was important not to rush this fix. More to come tomorrow.

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:30:02 AM

Yes, thank you!

Since I posted this officially in the other thread, I'll post it here too, then I'll leave it be, sorry if ya think its spam, but I wanted to include the +1 part here too...

Community, I received public response from tf2honeybadger, said if there was a ''significant push for a change, he will talk to Foundation about implementing it.''

What I have PM'ed him about is PoS. Do you guys want 28 days as it is now, or 12 hours like we were told at the beginning?

show your support! +1 is all it takes.

EDIT: This affects the price of our coin by attracting popularity, because people like to watch their stacks grow right before their eyes!

multioptions

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:16:46 AM

Yes, thank you!

Since I posted this officially in the other thread, I'll post it here too, then I'll leave it be, sorry if ya think its spam, but I wanted to include the +1 part here too...

Community, I received public response from tf2honeybadger, said if there was a ''significant push for a change, he will talk to Foundation about implementing it.''

What I have PM'ed him about is PoS. Do you guys want 28 days as it is now, or 12 hours like we were told at the beginning?

EDIT: This affects the price of our coin by attracting popularity, because people like to watch their stacks grow right before their eyes!

+1
CryptoSEO

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 06:34:54 AM

Pivotal transformation, I am really happy to be associated with WC making these changes.

More important than price, is the community by which it will be judged and it seems the Whitecoin community is growing strong.  I only have a minno's stake in WC, therefore a significant price increase/decrease won't affect my income... the community growth I am most interested in supporting.

In support of the Foundation, I am prepared to donate monthly Social & SEO services for the foundation and the betterment of the community as I believe that due to the wrongs of a few, the many should NOT be punished. 

I also believe that based upon the support shown by other crypto's towards WC, it is worth my investment to help as I can as I strongly feel that WC will change the face of how coins can better work together, support each other as opposed to bashing, FUD and other blackhat tactics to try to destroy a coin and clearly they don't care about the 1000's of people that are affected by their actions, they only want to prove they have big balls o.0 this isn't why I became interested in crypto...

Special thanks to tf2honeybadger for your efforts Smiley

PM me or reach out on twitter @cryptoseo and I will be pleased to help out as I can.

CryptoSEO

WC - WU6UWL8mjj1TMjzzT7CnEL2GDcP1nUsLc3
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:47:23 AM

little update before I go sleep after this eventful day in WC.

getting a bunch of support so far, 7 +1 in other thread, 1 here. that's ~18 people for 12 hour and zero for 28 day.

n3rfherder

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:57:17 AM

Not trolling or trying be a dick but I have a few serious questions because the past few days has been absurdly confusing.  And for the record I had enough WC to care a lot about the situation yesterday, and I panic sold...well because I am new to crypto and WC was the first 'new' coin I got into.

1.  What is the point of keeping this coin alive?  

2.  Why do people choose to continue to 'invest' in something with so much craziness behind it? Does that not go against most logic?

3.  Would I be wrong in thinking that a lot of the push to keep this going is so that people with a lot of WC have a chance to get their $$ back with a slight price increase?

4.  What makes this coin any different or better than more stable coins like bc/ac/flt/cinni?

5.  Am I showing my ignorance in crypto/markets or am I just retarded?

Ty and take care everyone!
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:10:33 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 07:24:50 AM by Halofire

Not trolling or trying be a dick but I have a few serious questions because the past few days has been absurdly confusing.  And for the record I had enough WC to care a lot about the situation yesterday, and I panic sold...well because I am new to crypto and WC was the first 'new' coin I got into.

2.  Why do people choose to continue to 'invest' in something with so much craziness behind it? Does that not go against most logic?

3.  Would I be wrong in thinking that a lot of the push to keep this going is so that people with a lot of WC have a chance to get their $$ back with a slight price increase?

4.  What makes this coin any different or better than more stable coins like bc/ac/flt/cinni?

Ty and take care everyone!

Bah, i'm still awake... so i'll answer.
1. because we can still all make money, better get back in Wink
2. Warren Buffett "be fearful when others are greedy, be greedy when others are fearful''
3. possibly, but coins don't usually die except ridiculous ones like CAGE. There are more but...
4. white offers 2% pos and was supposed to be 12 hour stake time, but changed everything when we noticed it was 28 days.
5. you just need experience and time. Smiley

good luck Smiley

bobby88

Activity: 147

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:23:36 AM

Yes, thank you!

+1

+1
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 07:25:43 AM

Marking this thread.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
angryacorn

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:27:31 AM

I woke scared to even look at my laptop and I must say im pleasantly surprised! price went up a bit  Grin now for the updated wallet
machinez

Activity: 61

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:37:16 AM

I hold both BC and WC and was able to sell of some of my WC that was on the exchange. From an investor stand point, here's how I see thing. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feel this way.

1. I held about 200k WC. May seem like alot but it's nothing like some of the guys here. Guys that invested A LOT of BTCs in it. These are the guys that wants to keep the coin alive so they can cut even or make some money pumping the coin to the poor, unsuspected day traders that do not follow what's going on with this coin.

2. Pump and dump. Pure market manipulation. Like i said above, not all WC investors read this thread or follow what's going on with this coin. Take a step back and think about it, if you have so much riding on it, would you run around scream fire and cause a panic so the coin will never recover?

3. Great mind think alike. I'm with you on this one. I just want for the damn wallet to be up again so I can unload the rest of my shares, probably lose some money, learn my lesson and move on.

4. All of these dramas. lol

5. Not retarded. But it will be an expensive lesson for you, and me and so many other people.  
Pantalaimon

Activity: 60

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:38:17 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 07:57:35 AM by Pantalaimon

Now the dust starts to settle, i'd like to remind you of this: http://www.reddit.com/r/whitecoin/comments/23t1tq/whitecoin_graphics_new_logos_ideas_post_here/

Rise up from the ashes with a brand new look and forget the past  Wink
Khelgaar

Activity: 109

"If you are going through hell, keep going"-Sir WC

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:50:05 AM

Yes, thank you!

+1

thx halofire  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: