Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:27:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] - The WhiteCoin Foundation - Community Planning & Discussion  (Read 89533 times)
Susy Desy

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:04:24 PM

WC is dead. double spend..... so sad. Angry Angry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mogonzo (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:09:14 PM

We are working hard on a fair solution to this.

What happened is very unfortunate but it is not the end of WhiteCoin or this community. I'm in about ten conversations right now with people working hard to fix this ASAP.

We will offer a fair solution, and we will demonstrate very quickly that WhiteCoin can recover from almost any hit.

We've had a target on us since the get go. IMO if we can recover from the panic on Saturday we can recover from anything.

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
Pantalaimon

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:12:49 PM

Let's recover from this first  Smiley

Any possibility trading will resume today?
Is there an ETA on the new wallet?
mogonzo (OP)

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:17:35 PM

Let's recover from this first  Smiley

Trading won't resume until we have a new wallet. I'm working on getting a new wallet now. Talking to many dev's and working on expanding the team for a rapidfire but solid solution. I feel it would be unfair to everyone to give an exact timeline but I will say this:

I am not resting until we have solution for the community.

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
Xtrata

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:19:52 PM

Trading won't resume until we have a new wallet. I'm working on getting a new wallet now. Talking to many dev's and working on expanding the team for a rapidfire but solid solution. I feel it would be unfair to everyone to give an exact timeline but I will say this:

I am not quitting this until we have solution for the community.

How can it take so many days to get a working wallet? If you want this coin to have a chance to live, then you release it now and stop postponing with excuse after excuse.
Stormkeeper

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:21:04 PM

Are you talking about hours or days?
bitaxed

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:25:56 PM

Thanks for your commitment. Do you know if it is safe to buy WC on cryptsy? Trading is going on.
gefflong

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:31:43 PM

Thanks for your commitment. Do you know if it is safe to buy WC on cryptsy? Trading is going on.

I would think that would be a big mistake. Then again, I'm not an "expert".
Bruce Tea

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:32:50 PM

Are you talking about hours or days?
days i think.
bitaxed

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:37:54 PM

I would think that would be a big mistake. Then again, I'm not an "expert".

Yes, it is risky but if problems are solved it can be a good opportunity.
Pantalaimon

Activity: 60

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:41:33 PM

We all appreciate your and your team's efforts very much (!!), but from the community's perspecive, we've entered day 6 without a proper wallet, without a timeframe in which we could expect one.

What bumps are there on the road, did more technical issues arise, or is there anything the community can do to speed up the process?

I feel each day has become one day too many, and despite the regular updates, i still have no clue where exactly we stand on resolving these issues and what progress we've already made.

rudius

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:42:15 PM

Yes it is safe as long as you don t move yours coins from cryptsy wallet. Anyway, you cannot withdraw.
altcoinherald

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 03:45:21 PM

Recap of the last 12 hours in the life of WhiteCoin: http://altcoinherald.com/whitecoin-still-cant-muster-wallet-chunkypools-attack/
SkyValeey

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:49:17 PM

damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:54:15 PM

the next blackcoin lol

what a pos

this is what happens when you have unskilled people behind a coin
surfguy72

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:00:47 PM

+1

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
Halofire

Activity: 938

@halofirebtc

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:03:20 PM

Now on day 4 or 5 since new dev team officially took over.... what else needs to be tested? 2 day stake time, then confirm time? should be done by now. Roll back the blockchain, and release the wallet, for the love of white...

Double spend occurred since network wasn't at full capacity, staking to protect itself. Another reason why 12 hour staking is better than 2 day, but that ship has sailed. I've been watching the WC hashpower dwindle through my wallet console until yesterday. Chunky I've never trusted since old devs were very involved and not fun to navigate the site, and I received DOGE instead of WC through chunky's wc pool, which I withdrew and have since traded. I do have 250 WC sitting at chunky from when it was working right. I gave my hashes to the WC network through solo-mining WC until yesterday. Found one block for 3 days solo-mining. No big deal, was doing my part. Figures the attack happens when I stopped mining.

Dev's... plz.... release the wallet if it's working properly. Do the rollback, and let's get this thing moving!

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
surfguy72

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:12:25 PM

Now on day 4 or 5 since new dev team officially took over.... what else needs to be tested? 2 day stake time, then confirm time? should be done by now. Roll back the blockchain, and release the wallet, for the love of white...

Double spend occurred since network wasn't at full capacity, staking to protect itself. Another reason why 12 hour staking is better than 2 day, but that ship has sailed. I've been watching the WC hashpower dwindle through my wallet console until yesterday. Chunky I've never trusted since old devs were very involved and not fun to navigate the site, and I received DOGE instead of WC through chunky's wc pool, which I withdrew and have since traded. I do have 250 WC sitting at chunky from when it was working right. I gave my hashes to the WC network through solo-mining WC until yesterday. Found one block for 3 days solo-mining. No big deal, was doing my part. Figures the attack happens when I stopped mining.

Dev's... plz.... release the wallet if it's working properly. Do the rollback, and let's get this thing moving!

If you head over to #whitecoinfoundation, it will help you keep sanity.  TONS of talk going on right now.  First time i've seen the FUDDERS gone.  Mintpal Jason is helping too pinpoint the issues.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
count_cyrpto

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:28:42 PM

After being on IRC for a couple days, it's apparent shit gets done there while people here achieve absolutely nothing useful.
Halofire

Activity: 938

@halofirebtc

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:36:21 PM

If you head over to #whitecoinfoundation, it will help you keep sanity.  TONS of talk going on right now.  First time i've seen the FUDDERS gone.  Mintpal Jason is helping too pinpoint the issues.

Lol, every time I log on to the IRC, nothing is being talked about. Probably just my luck.

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: