Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:20:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] - The WhiteCoin Foundation - Community Planning & Discussion  (Read 89533 times)
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:37:00 PM

Lol, every time I log on to the IRC, nothing is being talked about. Probably just my luck.

Because there's 4 different WC channels

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wemine

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:40:47 PM

Roll back the blockchain
+1
pomelo

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

Mining since early 2013

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:02:23 PM

If you cannot see that this for 99% SCAM now, then you should not to trade cryptos anymore.

The original dev was the scammer. Not the new ppl + community trying to salvage this.

9RRNN8vH6o5srbxPuKU61GuN6i6TPDMwxS XMG
gerdab

Activity: 686
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:21:14 PM

Roll back the blockchain
+1

why not to relaunch WC?!  Grin
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:19:55 PM

Mintpal will re-enabling the WC/BTC market for trading in 20 minutes.
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:06:31 PM

Plus 300 million
Crosspost from the other wc-thread, because I think it needs to be said:

Yes, there are problems. No, they won't kill wc. Yes, there are rough times ahead but we will overcome this problems. wc is an orphant, thrown in a dog-eat-dog-world of batteling cryptos with no mercy and zero tolerance for errors and a lot of people who religiously fight for their coin of belief. But the ones who survive this are worth it. They got tested. They were hated and were doomed to fail but - over time - stood their ground.

I bought a lot of Doge at 20 sat when everybody said "I'ts dead." - because it was obvious the community was (and is) worth so much more. This is the same thing. It's not as big as doge, obviously, but it got the interest of many crypto-related people. It's the people that believed in wc who are leading the way now, nobody would fight in a shitstorm like this if it wasn't for the greater good. Not everybody is in it for the money, but of course, we should rally to fund their hard work after the dust settled. Because the people who are working right now for wc deserve it.

And I know my opinion might be unsupported by some traders but I think for a great future of crypto, battles like this have to be fought and won while crypto is evolving into something new. Think of evolution, it's perfectionism by failure and only the strong survive. wc has already shown that it has a lot of supporters in all crypto-related areas. It IS strong, you can't deny it. Even the trolls stopped their trolling and stared at the rising price, at a volume that was under the Top 3 while the wallet was frozen. Just think about that. Yes, it was abandoned by its creator, who left it with a broken code in the dark alleys of cryptotown, but people found it and revived it. And they won't stop now. That's so much more than your generic random-coin. Now, many people seem to have developed empathy for the community behind this coin, because they won't stop fighting for it.

It really is ridiculous how nervous everybody gets when there isn't a 200% rise in the first month. Let it show and let it grow, if you think you're better of with cinni or asia then go ahead and give it a try. I am happy for your wins but if you lose, try to improve the people around your investment, don't jump the next train and leave everything just to make a quick buck. This is just bad for crypto in general and could stop people from investing in new technologies. I know nobody in their right mind would say "Yes!" to this, but I really think this is how we succeed as a whole.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:11:02 PM

Plus 300 million
Crosspost from the other wc-thread, because I think it needs to be said:

Yes, there are problems. No, they won't kill wc. Yes, there are rough times ahead but we will overcome this problems. wc is an orphant, thrown in a dog-eat-dog-world of batteling cryptos with no mercy and zero tolerance for errors and a lot of people who religiously fight for their coin of belief. But the ones who survive this are worth it. They got tested. They were hated and were doomed to fail but - over time - stood their ground.

I bought a lot of Doge at 20 sat when everybody said "I'ts dead." - because it was obvious the community was (and is) worth so much more. This is the same thing. It's not as big as doge, obviously, but it got the interest of many crypto-related people. It's the people that believed in wc who are leading the way now, nobody would fight in a shitstorm like this if it wasn't for the greater good. Not everybody is in it for the money, but of course, we should rally to fund their hard work after the dust settled. Because the people who are working right now for wc deserve it.

And I know my opinion might be unsupported by some traders but I think for a great future of crypto, battles like this have to be fought and won while crypto is evolving into something new. Think of evolution, it's perfectionism by failure and only the strong survive. wc has already shown that it has a lot of supporters in all crypto-related areas. It IS strong, you can't deny it. Even the trolls stopped their trolling and stared at the rising price, at a volume that was under the Top 3 while the wallet was frozen. Just think about that. Yes, it was abandoned by its creator, who left it with a broken code in the dark alleys of cryptotown, but people found it and revived it. And they won't stop now. That's so much more than your generic random-coin. Now, many people seem to have developed empathy for the community behind this coin, because they won't stop fighting for it.

It really is ridiculous how nervous everybody gets when there isn't a 200% rise in the first month. Let it show and let it grow, if you think you're better of with cinni or asia then go ahead and give it a try. I am happy for your wins but if you lose, try to improve the people around your investment, don't jump the next train and leave everything just to make a quick buck. This is just bad for crypto in general and could stop people from investing in new technologies. I know nobody in their right mind would say "Yes!" to this, but I really think this is how we succeed as a whole.

Nope. This community is full of bag holders who will exit out of this mess at the first opportunity.

I don't underestimate bagholders as they have enormous drive to dig themselves out of shit. But once the coin goes up just slightly and then flatlines, watch how quickly everyone scrambles for the exit, relieved to get out at only a 10% loss from this nightmare.
sgtstedanko

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

Hai!

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:14:39 PM

the next blackcoin lol

what a pos

this is what happens when you have unskilled people behind a coin

still worth more right now than what I paid for BC
amithus705

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:32:36 PM

Mintpal is exchanging again. WC has resumed, looks like about 45-60 minutes ago.
mogonzo (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:32:59 PM

Hello everyone, here are the latest updates from the WhiteCoin Team.

Last night at approximately 04:00 EST, a coordinated attack against WhiteCoin’s blockchain occurred. First, chunkypools was targeted by a DDOS attack, followed by a timewarp attack Major exchanges were targeted for the disbursement of these new coins. This resulted in the trading of double spent currency.

The WhiteCoin Foundation Project and the community have risen to this challenge once again. We will not be rolling back the blockchain, because we believe that legitimate trades carried out overnight cannot be unfairly penalized. The MintPal team, in an extraordinary gesture of good faith and commitment to WhiteCoin, will absorb these initial losses. The WhiteCoin Foundation Project pledges to compensate MintPal over the long term for this loss.

Our dev team has expanded to include even more qualified volunteers as well as paid staff who are intimately familiar with the code.  Tests are continuing and are going extremely well as per our previous update.

Despite this instance of fraud, the WhiteCoin team remains committed to a community-driven, public and universally exchangeable currency.  We will update you once again on our progress by midnight tonight EST.

We continue to discourage wallet use at this time until our update is provided.  It’s taken us some time to develop a full understanding of what happened, as well as develop a solution – therefore, we’re committing to a schedule of regular updates, in order to continue our tradition of transparency and community engagement – after all, you guys have driven this entire project.

With thanks,

Chris Salsman

(mogonzo)

Notes:

We have confirmed the address of the attacker:

http://blockchain.info/address/15KyF65kpMg37CyD2KrKLvoXFFsrhF36SU
http://bitinfocharts.com/bitcoin/address/15KyF65kpMg37CyD2KrKLvoXFFsrhF36SU

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
jelt14

Activity: 195

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:37:38 PM

WHITE coin Community is like an ARMY it  "work as one " thanks guys for not letting this thing go Great Job to EVERYBODY  Grin
Kestrel71

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:57:47 PM

Why do these kiddy's waste their time fighting against a coin that will not die?  All this seems to be doing is making the community stronger and even more determined.  All I have to say to these angry misguided fools is that you are fighting a losing battle.

Community is not going to falter and has faith in its new devs.  Take note kiddy's, we shall not be moved.
seattletu

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:04:40 AM

forget about your whitecoins for 3 months, you will be pleasantly surprised at the price then.
dollux

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:38:34 AM

I have been watch people on the https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#whitecoinfoundation for the past few days initially to keep up to date with wallet progress. Over the course of today I have seen a large group of people from the WC community working together to secure WC after another disaster inflicted by others. I must say these people deserve a commendation for their rallying together and undeterred effort in the face of seemingly overwhelming odds. These people have again secured the future of WC.

Bravo to them all.   

Halofire

Activity: 938

@halofirebtc

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:06:48 AM

forget about your whitecoins for 3 months, you will be pleasantly surprised at the price then.

exactly, +1.
But I'd like to be able to stake for those 3 months Wink

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
mogonzo (OP)

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:00:24 AM

Hey everyone, I'll be in #whitecoinfoundation taking questions in a few moments http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#whitecoinfoundation

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
malbee

Activity: 237

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:07:31 AM

Hello everyone, here are the latest updates from the WhiteCoin Team.

Last night at approximately 04:00 EST, a coordinated attack against WhiteCoin’s blockchain occurred. First, chunkypools was targeted by a DDOS attack, followed by a timewarp attack Major exchanges were targeted for the disbursement of these new coins. This resulted in the trading of double spent currency.

The WhiteCoin Foundation Project and the community have risen to this challenge once again. We will not be rolling back the blockchain, because we believe that legitimate trades carried out overnight cannot be unfairly penalized. The MintPal team, in an extraordinary gesture of good faith and commitment to WhiteCoin, will absorb these initial losses. The WhiteCoin Foundation Project pledges to compensate MintPal over the long term for this loss.

Our dev team has expanded to include even more qualified volunteers as well as paid staff who are intimately familiar with the code.  Tests are continuing and are going extremely well as per our previous update.

Despite this instance of fraud, the WhiteCoin team remains committed to a community-driven, public and universally exchangeable currency.  We will update you once again on our progress by midnight tonight EST.

We continue to discourage wallet use at this time until our update is provided.  It’s taken us some time to develop a full understanding of what happened, as well as develop a solution – therefore, we’re committing to a schedule of regular updates, in order to continue our tradition of transparency and community engagement – after all, you guys have driven this entire project.

With thanks,

Chris Salsman

(mogonzo)

Notes:

We have confirmed the address of the attacker:

http://blockchain.info/address/15KyF65kpMg37CyD2KrKLvoXFFsrhF36SU
http://bitinfocharts.com/bitcoin/address/15KyF65kpMg37CyD2KrKLvoXFFsrhF36SU

I think there are a lot of people, that like me, tend to sit on the sidelines and monitor things from a slight distance.  I have kept up to date with this thread, and monitored #whitecoinfoundation as much as two kids and a job (and a wife) will allow.  Smiley  I was here on "Black Saturday" and watched as people posing as devs spreading all sorts of FUD, and how the BC guys were pissing themselves with glee over WC's demise.  That being said, man what a ride this has been!  ...and, to see how you and the rest of the team (ever-growing team) of volunteer professionals has rallied around this coin has truly been outstanding.  

I think it's been this kind of adversity that has rallied this community and it's supporters to such a high degree.  It's this sense of community that has me completely locked in to the future of this coin.  Will I mine and invest in other coins...of course...but I will always have a part in what goes on here at WhiteCoin.  Thank you Dev team, IRC admins, wallet coders, exchange admins, and WC community for what has so far been the most encouraging experience in my dealing with Crypto Currencies.  Good Luck!
blitzkitten

Activity: 483

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:10:48 AM

Why do these kiddy's waste their time fighting against a coin that will not die?  All this seems to be doing is making the community stronger and even more determined.  All I have to say to these angry misguided fools is that you are fighting a losing battle.

Community is not going to falter and has faith in its new devs.  Take note kiddy's, we shall not be moved.

I guess they have faith in WC too, otherwise why bother trying to steal them? no point in taking something worth nothing! Gotta love it when even the scammers believe in a coin in turmoil
poolers

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:27:56 AM

Thank you Mintpal. I'm sure it will be a profitable business decision for you to absorb that loss. It wasn't your fault and I am sure many other people appreciate that you are taking a loss to keep WC going. Aside from this, you shine among a group of exchanges for providing excellent support on a consistent basis. I think it is no secret why, even as a new comer to the exchange scene, you guys are handling the most volume. The other exchanges could benefit from taking a page or two from your book.
Robense

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:29:43 AM

no reason not to have it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: