Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:02:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] - The WhiteCoin Foundation - Community Planning & Discussion  (Read 89528 times)
surfguy72

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:47:01 AM

Paying a friend to point his 11-12mh at the pools
good

/u/wctipbot +100wc

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sonysasankan

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 01:18:11 AM

When I see most of the posts in this thread I only read

"I have 0.2 BTC and I have a very loud and annoying voice online and I am a crypto expert and can move markets"

ha ha ha ha ha ha.... good one!!

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
MasterCATZ

Activity: 426
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:48:10 AM

This tidbit from the leaked chat was interesting. http://pastebin.com/DvCWj3ey

"axion:  btw i just spoke with asoom. who many of you know is a serious bagholder. if he dumps, this coin is fucked. we want to organize a vote for the community to pick a leader"

Asoom make BOOM if he dumps.  Grin

Considering I know who "asoom" is
 (does not take much to put 2+2 together either)
"asoom" currently only holds around 1/20th the coins
that their largest bag holder in the Foundation group has

Their is not much risk of it being DUMPED any time soon from "asoom"

The Foundation is waiting for WC to leave the SOLAR SYSTEM before they even start letting their coins go

WC is heading straight to 10k once everything is secured again and POS working correctly

Because Mintpal is turning a blind eye on their losses from the 100 mil coins that were double spent the Foundation IS going to do EVERYTHING they can to keep the coin alive

hopefully all the dev's that were involved in fixing the coin will make peace, I know the Foundation is going to pay out every worker involved once they pass the MOON

So PLEASE no hard feelings !!
ByronP

Activity: 599
Merit: 510

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 02:17:49 AM

is there a working link somewhere and where is the new git or is it the old git?
sgtstedanko

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

Hai!

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:34:26 AM

is there a working link somewhere and where is the new git or is it the old git?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568517.0    right at the top     "RE-WALLET"
ByronP

Activity: 599
Merit: 510

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 02:54:03 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568517.0    right at the top     "RE-WALLET"

it wont download
Buto Losy

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:36:12 AM

it wont download

Why? works for me.
Burninj
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:49:28 AM

Is pos finally working?
insanid

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:54:08 AM

mogonzo,

1) Cut tf2honeybadger some slack. He's just a kid (19 years old), and he donated his spare time to fix WhiteCoin. It's understandable why he is so upset; he feels like he was not kept in the loop about the situation, and his hard work is pretty much all for nothing. Firing him after he quit, and threatening legal action against him wasn't the best way of dealing with him. In all honesty, a true professional would have recognized the need for a "cool off period" between both parties as this would have allowed tf2honeybadger to calm down a bit, and for you to gather your thoughts as well.

2) I understand why you took the actions that inevitably resulted in severed ties with tf2honeybadger. I actually believe that the second dev team quickly releasing a fixed wallet was the best option for stakeholders in WhiteCoin. Good job.

3) Don't use the yinyangteam account to post replies. It's confusing to everyone, and quite frankly, that account is a cancer to WhiteCoin.

4) Your link to the wallet update is malformed, and it does not work. Please fix this.
mogonzo (OP)

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:58:15 AM

New links for the wallet: (updated op, spreading now)

Windows Binaries Download 1:  https://anonfiles.com/file/11a0a3f998d6a8777fdf8679a6bc64d7
Windows Binaries Download 2:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/cojahjy30pa30wm/whitecoin-update.zip

Github Source: https://github.com/whitecoiner/Whitecoin

For further infromation: http://whitecoin.info/news/whitecoin-wallet-released/

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
Burninj
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:06:05 AM

Let's tally up some facts.

1) White coin was made as a copy of black coin, to attract investors to make quick money.

2) This worked, there was massive investment, but then the dev was found out to be a farce and the coin's code was completely screwed up.

3) The head of PR did some of the worst PR ever and caused a massive panic sell, taking over $1 million out of the market cap.

4) It took so long to make a new wallet, that the 'dev team' announced the blockchain was secure and exchanges could reopen deposits. Within 24 hours a 51% double spend attack occurred costing Mintpal over $20,000, and costing Cryptsy an unknown amount of money. This was due to complete negligence by the 'dev team'.

5) The 'foundation' fired the original new dev team right when they were doing a beta test, and did this publicly causing mass confusion and anger. They announced the new new dev team had made a wallet, and therefore completely wasted the other dev's time. They were extremely rude to the devs even though they never paid them.

Considering all of this, and that white coin started as a cheap copy of black coin in the first place, I see no reason anyone should invest in this besides utter stupidity. It never was anything special, and now it's tainted and known to be run by incompetent leadership.

This is so true... That's why I'll buy more!
insanid

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:07:17 AM

1) White coin was made as a copy of black coin, to attract investors to make quick money.

2) This worked, there was massive investment, but then the dev was found out to be a farce and the coin's code was completely screwed up.

3) The head of PR did some of the worst PR ever and caused a massive panic sell, taking over $1 million out of the market cap.

4) It took so long to make a new wallet, that the 'dev team' announced the blockchain was secure and exchanges could reopen deposits. Within 24 hours a 51% double spend attack occurred costing Mintpal over $20,000, and costing Cryptsy an unknown amount of money. This was due to complete negligence by the 'dev team'.

5) The 'foundation' fired the original new dev team right when they were doing a beta test, and did this publicly causing mass confusion and anger. They announced the new new dev team had made a wallet, and therefore completely wasted the other dev's time. They were extremely rude to the devs even though they never paid them.

Considering all of this, and that white coin started as a cheap copy of black coin in the first place, I see no reason anyone should invest in this besides utter stupidity. It never was anything special, and now it's tainted and known to be run by incompetent leadership.

According to mogonzo it was tf2honeybadger's suggestion to open the markets ASAP. Additionally, he also claims that tf2honeybadger was indirectly responsible for the timewarp / double-spend attack. I think we need to understand that tf2honeybadger, while having pure intentions, was not the best developer for a PoS coin like WhiteCoin. He stated publicly that he only has experience with PoW coins, such as his own CGA.
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:14:40 AM

turtle please go invest/talk/fud on another coin....

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

BlkdOut

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:14:48 AM

Why do you spend so much time hating on WC? You are perfectly welcome to sit this coin out.... Why do you care if others invest in the coin? Do you understand what gives a coin value? Are you just trying to get an entry point into a market you know will take off? The sheer amount of time you spend FUDing up this thread, other threads, and the IRC you could have done something real with all of that time, like promote a coin you think is 'worth it'... So calm yourself and stop acting like a child, if you don't like what is going on here then leave.
insanid

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:15:54 AM

According to mogonzo it was tf2honeybadger's suggestion to open the markets ASAP. Additionally, he also claims that tf2honeybadger was indirectly responsible for the timewarp / double-spend attack. I think we need to understand that tf2honeybadger, while having pure intentions, was not the best developer for a PoS coin like WhiteCoin. He stated publicly that he only has experience with PoW coins, such as his own CGA.
Of course mogonzo would blame tf2honeybadger after their falling out today. Mogonzo hasn't taken any responsibility for his piss poor leadership. Fact is, mogonzo is head of the 'foundation', it's his fault that the exchanges lost tens of thousands of dollars.

I certainly agree that Mogonzo has made some serious mistakes; however, without Mogonzo hiring another dev team to fix WhiteCoin we probably wouldn't have a working wallet right now. Also, I would like to once again point out that it is a very real possibility that the accusations against tf2honeybadger in IRC could, in fact, be true. Although he was working his hardest to fix WhiteCoin, he may have bitten off more than he could chew. He wasn't familiar with PoS, and had to rely on mindfox for assistance.
DjstarX

Activity: 111

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:25:24 AM

Turtlehurricane , it sad the way you keep on posting on the same thread ... If you don't like what's happening , plz move on to the next best coin/thing . If you don't have any stake or interest in WC . Stop posting stuff that don't affect your coinz . Either your in or not , I bought in @ 744 and would do it again because of the community. Look at the volume on this coin and look at the work that people are putting in to make this work , some are doing it for free. I will be quoting this in 2 weeks .

insanid

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:28:39 AM

Of course mogonzo would blame tf2honeybadger after their falling out today. Mogonzo hasn't taken any responsibility for his piss poor leadership. Fact is, mogonzo is head of the 'foundation', it's his fault that the exchanges lost tens of thousands of dollars.

I certainly agree that Mogonzo has made some serious mistakes; however, without Mogonzo hiring another dev team to fix WhiteCoin we probably wouldn't have a working wallet right now. Also, I would like to once again point out that it is a very real possibility that the accusations against tf2honeybadger in IRC could, in fact, be true. Although he was working his hardest to fix WhiteCoin, he may have bitten off more than he could chew. He wasn't familiar with PoS, and had to rely on mindfox for assistance.
Almost anyone couldve done a better job at organizing the recovery of white coin. It's almost like the original dev chose mogonzo cause they knew hed be a failure.

I disagree with you on this. This is a complex, and messy issue. Mogonzo had the right connections to contact exchanges, and he organized a proper dev team to fix WC. He did not fail. If anything, you should be thanking him for having a working wallet so you can now properly transfer your WhiteCoin.
Halofire

Activity: 938

@halofirebtc

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:34:05 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSUheLv5Awg

You a member?  Cheesy

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
Alexkiddleb

Activity: 66

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:45:13 AM

I think turtle has some really good points and I agree with a lot of what he says. 

Turtle has been on this since the start and I enjoyed his posts right from the start when he was as excited and eager as anyone of us for WC to succeed. 

I realise people get really personally invested into coins, but there is a difference between someone speaking FUD and someone asking questions and being objective. 

I think it is our role as part of the community to ask some of the hard questions, particularly when we have our self styled overload not really answering them.

Posts like turtles give a differing opinion and one that people may take into consideration when investing. Otherwise all would see is "to the moon" and "don't miss the train" posts for 300 pages. 

In my opinion, those posts add absolutely nothing other than people trying to pump a coin for their own means. 
Davili

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:52:39 AM

Anyway, great project, wish it all the best.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: