Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:10:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] - The WhiteCoin Foundation - Community Planning & Discussion  (Read 89528 times)
Pantalaimon

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:21:44 AM

Cool, let's not stop here, distribution list will need to get up and running for continued confidence

+1 for confidence. Everybody should calm down, take a deep breath and start being creative.

WhiteCoin Merch - http://www.zazzle.com/whitecoingear

Zomg, they've used my logo Shocked

Congrats Wink

The hat and tie look cool

Thanks lol  Grin. Should I ask for commission Roll Eyes

I made the store..  Any profit made will go to buy WC and I will gladly send you all of it. .  Keep in touch.

I'm honoured actually Smiley Let's keep in touch indeed, my email is in my profile Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hotodamoon

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:12:41 PM

Cool, let's not stop here, distribution list will need to get up and running for continued confidence

+1 for confidence. Everybody should calm down, take a deep breath and start being creative.

WhiteCoin Merch - http://www.zazzle.com/whitecoingear

Zomg, they've used my logo Shocked

Congrats Wink

The hat and tie look cool

Thanks lol  Grin. Should I ask for commission Roll Eyes

I made the store..  Any profit made will go to buy WC and I will gladly send you all of it. .  Keep in touch.

I'm honoured actually Smiley Let's keep in touch indeed, my email is in my profile Smiley

You two are good friend now? BTT is an amazing place.
XiaoHuli

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:59:23 PM

What is the latest news of WC now?
ZarkMark

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:25:52 PM

Dev. Can you update the latest news of WhiteCoin?
SnjafSnjaf

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 05:42:48 PM

Let's tally up some facts.

1) White coin was made as a copy of black coin, to attract investors to make quick money.

2) This worked, there was massive investment, but then the dev was found out to be a farce and the coin's code was completely screwed up.

3) The head of PR did some of the worst PR ever and caused a massive panic sell, taking over $1 million out of the market cap.

4) It took so long to make a new wallet, that the 'dev team' announced the blockchain was secure and exchanges could reopen deposits. Within 24 hours a 51% double spend attack occurred costing Mintpal over $20,000, and costing Cryptsy an unknown amount of money. This was due to complete negligence by the 'dev team'.

5) The 'foundation' fired the original new dev team right when they were doing a beta test, and did this publicly causing mass confusion and anger. They announced the new new dev team had made a wallet, and therefore completely wasted the other dev's time. They were extremely rude to the devs even though they never paid them.

Considering all of this, and that white coin started as a cheap copy of black coin in the first place, I see no reason anyone should invest in this besides utter stupidity. It never was anything special, and now it's tainted and known to be run by incompetent leadership.

YOU AGAIN SPREADING "FUD" FROM ONE WHITECOIN THREAD TO ANOTHER ..... LOSER Huh
!!!WARNING !!!! THIS GUY IS BANNED FROM WHITECOIN IRC & He is A TROLL

1. Litecoin Blackcoin Shitcoin all based on Bitcoin copy but not exact, no biggie
2. The coin was not screw the plan is good, the one who screwed is DEV but it's good because we are now community coin just like bitcoin was.
3. its good if they can cause massive panic sell then they can create a massive panic buy for $100 Million Huh
4. it takes  time for new dev to figure it out abt what happened and put the coin back in track, if you want instant go buy instant-noodle.
5. Because they are not supposed to release the BETA in public, BETA was meant just for testing purpose.

Based on the ridiculous coloring of your posts, and the childish content of said posts, I'm going to have to assume you're an idiot. Enjoy your shit coins.

P.S. I can still post in IRC, I will be back to troll as the price drops.

What if in some miracle price starts to go up, what will you do then?
mogonzo (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:09:02 PM

Hey everyone,

We've hit the ground running today. Lots on the go. But before I get into anything, I just want to thank everyone for the amazing support through such a difficult time. We got through this as a team, all of us. And I firmly believe this is just the beginning of what our community can accompli8sh.

Here's a brief update:

1. We are carefully examining what happened to asiacoin, at this time, we see no direct threat to whitecoin but will release a more detailed report of our findings.

2. As we shift away from crisis mode, I have proposed a detailed plan on how the transition team can begin the process of formalizing our structure. A report will follow soon on this as well.

3. We are also preparing to begin fundraising once staking begins and major exchanges reopen their wallets. A detailed proposal on how the community can fundraise will also follow. We will be taking careful measures to ensure all funds raised are carefully protected, and spent according to an accountable and transparent structure.

Thanks again,

Chris

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
WhiteCoinJesus

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:15:26 PM

Hey everyone,

We've hit the ground running today. Lots on the go. But before I get into anything, I just want to thank everyone for the amazing support through such a difficult time. We got through this as a team, all of us. And I firmly believe this is just the beginning of what our community can accompli8sh.

Here's a brief update:

1. We are carefully examining what happened to asiacoin, at this time, we see no direct threat to whitecoin but will release a more detailed report of our findings.

2. As we shift away from crisis mode, I have proposed a detailed plan on how the transition team can begin the process of formalizing our structure. A report will follow soon on this as well.

3. We are also preparing to begin fundraising once staking begins and major exchanges reopen their wallets. A detailed proposal on how the community can fundraise will also follow. We will be taking careful measures to ensure all funds raised are carefully protected, and spent according to an accountable and transparent structure.

Thanks again,

Chris

Good. +1
OdinYggd

Activity: 94

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:19:45 PM

Altcoin herald is saying there's a fatal flaw in the new white coin code: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=566870.msg6527972#msg6527972

Steer clear of WhiteCoin. Check their latest commit at Github. There's a smoking gun in their code SO SHOCKING that when word spreads, they will face the same fate as AsiaCoin. And that's not FUD bud, that's the unvarnished truth.

At it again turtle?

We're already checking over our codebase anyway to make sure we don't have any nasty surprises like what was just found on asiacoin, and in the process will also check for and correct any other issues we find.

I'd like to see a link to the altcoinherald article documenting this problem in the code.

bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:25:45 PM

Hey everyone,

Here's a brief update:

Thanks again,

Chris

Thanks for the update Chris! Cool

Whitecoin is holding strong behind the scenes

The Foundation has been working hard to reboot the wallet and give it a much-needed facelift.

Late Wednesday night, we came together after an attempted hack on the blockchain to save it. Within hours, most of the coins that were in danger were saved, and MintPal showed their generosity in covering any losses. I have not seen dedication like this behind any other coin, and it shows that there are talented and honest people within the crypto community who want Whitecoin to succeed.

We have many exciting things in the works, including a strong advertising, graphic design and social media team. Our lead dev and many supporters of the coin have a background in advertising and PR. We believe a coin that can be promoted successfully will help to bring cryptocurrencies mainstream. We are seriously interested in making at coin that will last.

Whitecoin is an open, friendly community where all are welcome. Join us!
WhiteCoinJesus

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:26:17 PM

@  OdinYggd

The addition of the DNSSeed to the code puts Matthew Culpepper of Chunkypools.com (I guess he's from Chunkypools since WhiteCoinPool.com is a redirect their mining pool) in control of the network.

When the new wallets sync up they'll get their information from nodes supplied from dnsseed.whitecoinpool.com.

Just figured I'd mention it.

WhiteCoinJesus

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:37:04 PM

White Coin 2.0?

I think I'm done investing any serious money into new coins, I didn't invest in Asia Coin but was strongly considering it. Maybe $20 at a time would be ok, but this crap is happening alot lately.

Steer clear of WhiteCoin. Check their latest commit at Github. There's a smoking gun in their code SO SHOCKING that when word spreads, they will face the same fate as AsiaCoin. And that's not FUD bud, that's the unvarnished truth.

I pushed those commits after reviewing another devs work and making some edits. Theres only 8 lines of code changed in the fix, total.

https://github.com/Whitecoiner/Whitecoin/pull/9/files

The only line you could be referring to is the POS checkpointing key.

We didnt have the original private key from the developer. None of the blocks were ever checkpointed because there was no checkpointing server running.

The code was security audited by Cryptsy and they demanded we add a  checkpointing server because the coin has been under attack.

I generated a new key, and gave them to one siilent majority WC holder. The foundation runs the checkpointing server.

Crosspost. 

Thanks west. +1
sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 06:51:46 PM

Altcoin herald is saying there's a fatal flaw in the new white coin code: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=566870.msg6527972#msg6527972

At it again turtle?

We're already checking over our codebase anyway to make sure we don't have any nasty surprises like what was just found on asiacoin, and in the process will also check for and correct any other issues we find.

I'd like to see a link to the altcoinherald article documenting this problem in the code.

Apparently the problem is the DNS seed for white coin is completely controlled by chunky pools, and this is confirmed. And apparently chunkypools is going to be able to completely control every white coin transaction based on the code (this part is still not completely confirmed). This is unprecedented for a crypto currency, it makes it completely centralized and we gotta put alot of trust in people we don't even know. And if chunky pools goes down, like it's known to do, than I imagine that will have ramifications for white coin regardless of PoS.

I understand the consequences if things go south, but just curious.... is there any advantages of having it centralized?

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
mindfox

Activity: 280

Donate to put a smile on my face :)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 06:52:44 PM

At it again turtle?

Apparently the problem is the DNS seed for white coin is completely controlled by chunky pools, and this is confirmed. And apparently chunkypools is going to be able to completely control every white coin transaction based on the code (this part is still not completely confirmed). This is unprecedented for a crypto currency, it makes it completely centralized and we gotta put alot of trust in people we don't even know. And if chunky pools goes down, like it's known to do, than I imagine that will have ramifications for white coin regardless of PoS.
The dnsseed is only for node discovery. It works when there is no peers.dat at the very start of the wallet.
From there, it gets some IPs from well connected wallets (it's just a dns request that returns multiple A records with nodes).
Then through those nodes, the wallet learns about other nodes as well. Everything is stored in the peers.dat which is then used whenever the wallet starts.

Even if there is any reason to believe that this is not to be trusted, you can always disable the dnsseed discovery and use static IP addresses taken by the Whitecoin.conf file which you can create and fill with the IP addresses of nodes you know are legit and you trust.

It's not nuclear science... Smiley

Stop seeing a line of code and think you discovered the God particle!
"Read the code, Luke!"
cryptowest

Activity: 437

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 07:17:52 PM

At it again turtle?

The dnsseed is only for node discovery. It works when there is no peers.dat at the very start of the wallet.
From there, it gets some IPs from well connected wallets (it's just a dns request that returns multiple A records with nodes).
Then through those nodes, the wallet learns about other nodes as well. Everything is stored in the peers.dat which is then used whenever the wallet starts.

Even if there is any reason to believe that this is not to be trusted, you can always disable the dnsseed discovery and use static IP addresses taken by the Whitecoin.conf file which you can create and fill with the IP addresses of nodes you know are legit and you trust.

"Read the code, Luke!"

Right. I add DNSSEED because it helps people who are new and unsure about where to put conf, etc. Lots of coins use it.

It doesnt matter if chunkypools goes down, its just a DNS request for a list of IPs, same thing as going on a thread and putting a bunch of addnode= into your conf.

It keeps branching out and finding more connections, anyway. DNSSEED is just a starting point. It can be changed to another server with little to no fuss and no mandatory update required, if it really bothers everyone that much.

Huh

rudius

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 07:23:44 PM

Could we please ignore turtle hurricane. This guy is a joke since the beginning. If its not the case he should be banned from #whitecoinfoundation.

He likes to spread shit all over the place without any arguments or proof. He doesn t even understand what he says. Several people already asked him to go away.
He is not wanted here.
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 07:24:40 PM

Thanks for clearing that up boys  Cool

I was a little confussed about it too initially but that makes sense.

At it again turtle?

"Read the code, Luke!"

Right. I add DNSSEED because it helps people who are new and unsure about where to put conf, etc. Lots of coins use it.

It doesnt matter if chunkypools goes down, its just a DNS request for a list of IPs, same thing as going on a thread and putting a bunch of addnode= into your conf.

It keeps branching out and finding more connections, anyway. DNSSEED is just a starting point. It can be changed to another server with little to no fuss and no mandatory update required, if it really bothers everyone that much.

Huh

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GAZK

Activity: 63

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 07:28:31 PM

At it again turtle?

"Read the code, Luke!"

Huh

It doesn't.  It only seems to be turtlehead who thinks he has ALL the answers to EVERYTHING. He should probably understand what he's talking about before he posts... but that is probably just wishful thinking on my part.
WhiteCoinJesus

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:35:31 PM

PoS is now working. Smiley
Halofire

Activity: 938

@halofirebtc

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:50:39 PM

Successfully staked some coins. Seems PoS is working Smiley

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
ChrisLandin

Activity: 824
Merit: 501

Osmservices keeps being hacked away from me :-( th

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:54:20 PM

PoS is now working. Smiley

Hi there.

Ive a few questions about pos??

Do I have the right wallet now? (v1.0.2.0)

How many days do I have to stake the coins for?

Thanks Smiley

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: