Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:20:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is Satoshi Nakamoto?! Let's find out!  (Read 12101 times)
JamesSandwitch

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 11:37:10 PM

There's one question that I can't get out of my head. A guy starts a huge revolution, and then disappears?  Who is Satoshi Nakamoto? Let's try to find out! Let's help each other out here. Let's solve this once and for all!
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
check_status

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 08:55:15 AM

Quote from: Dinkytoyz
My bet is that he/she is just a middle aged American with a anime fetish or so
I can see your perspective.  Wink

Oshi, which means “Push,” is inspired by a Japanese legend in which the Goddess Amaterasu gifted the first Japanese emperor with her ancient wisdom, in the form of a game. The game is said to have taught the emperor and his court to temper their influence and power with caution.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/23935/oshi

There is even a reference to low earth orbit debris that might give some kind of geo positional location.  Lips sealed

Quote from: predic
because government can make the law against bitcoins, when it become enough popular that government become crazy about hidden money (unpaid taxes), and satoshi can finish in the prison or he can be hunted by police.
Maybe Bitcoins were created because the enforcement of Laws were unjust already.

For Bitcoin to be a true global currency the value of BTC needs always to rise.
If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
Cerevisae

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 11:42:26 AM

Why he/she didn't wanted to identify him/herself? That's weird. Guess how many bitcoins he had collected? I guess he must be laughing at a corner with his cash right now, after bitcoin spike last June.
alexrussel1980

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

CryptoBeggar

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 08:58:04 PM

Grin

Support My Drinking Habits And Guinness Draught Addiction

BTN - > 1DPHLULFXjtXSSCEZVKqGg7Y457q51fxxr
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 09:48:43 PM

Taking into account the Genesis message and that he stayed on the project for almost two years after release, it's doubtful he just abandoned the project completely. I suspect he is active in Bitcoin related development in some capacity, and probably a well-funded one at that.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Blind

Activity: 235

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 10:31:49 PM

Taking into account the Genesis message and that he stayed on the project for almost two years after release, it's doubtful he just abandoned the project completely. I suspect he is active in Bitcoin related development in some capacity, and probably a well-funded one at that.

Maybe he ran out of time and had to go back to his dimension. Yeah, that sounds about right.

Such searches are quite amusing, the guy/group is obviously smart and a techie, if he/they didn't want to be outed, you can be sure he won't be.

Also, that he is hiding in fear of his life because of his creation, what exactly, say a government would achieve by torturing or killing him? Bitcoin is already public and decentralized, cannot be stopped by regular means, even by Satoshi himself. Why Gavin, as current lead developer isn't afraid?

Once, while intoxicated, I romanticised that Satoshi is an autistic genius kid, with slightly gimped body, living somewhere in snowy Scandinavia, who decided to step back into shadow, ashamed of his condition and fear of public interaction, leaving his beloved creation behind. I was intoxicated, mind you, but my guess is as good as yours.

Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. -- Ronald Reagan
DILLIGAF

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 10:39:32 PM

probably a well-funded one at that.

Would be with the coins he should have had to sell to fund it.
Bitcoin-Debit.com

Activity: 4

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 06:26:12 AM

I also dont think its just one person, maybe thats also the reason 'he' isnt active anymore.
We will never know for sure tho i guess  Smiley
BitcoinWorld

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 10:08:32 AM

I've read that Satoshi Nakamoto could be a pseudonym for a group of founders who adopted that alias so that people would be more willing to adopt bitcoins without the fear that they control a large stake of bitcoins
schnell

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 11:22:51 AM

if satoshi wanted bitcoin to grow, he would need to be anonymous. Not many people starting out would like to see the man that started it and no doubt got rich mining bitcoins worth a few pennies, because it will be like he controls it, when bitcoin is mean to be peer to peer and controlled by nobody. If you don't think it will look like he controls it, consider this. So many newspapers and generally evenry average bitcoin user will always be trying to talk to him, looking for tips and advice. 
Anyway, people know why he chose his name:
Samsung - Sa
Toshiba -Toshi

A japanese brand, I forgot their name - Naka
Motorola -Moto

All of those brands are japanese.
He also used a free german email provider and was known to reply randomly at random times, and took long to reply, almost like it was something that wasn't checked very often.
If satoshi is found, it will be all over the news, old bitcoiners will come back, and the price will skyrocket because of this. Then all the people who joined because they saw it on the news will get bored, and someone will point out that whatever satoshi says controls prices(if he says prices will go down, everyone will do what the creator says, because they think the creator knows best, and prices will plumbecause of this. The same would happen the other way if he says prices will go up), everyone will realise the market is too unstable and eventually leave.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 01:15:38 PM

if satoshi wanted bitcoin to grow, he would need to be anonymous. Not many people starting out would like to see the man that started it and no doubt got rich mining bitcoins worth a few pennies, because it will be like he controls it, when bitcoin is mean to be peer to peer and controlled by nobody. If you don't think it will look like he controls it, consider this. So many newspapers and generally evenry average bitcoin user will always be trying to talk to him, looking for tips and advice. 
Samsung - Sa
Toshiba -Toshi

Motorola -Moto

He also used a free german email provider and was known to reply randomly at random times, and took long to reply, almost like it was something that wasn't checked very often.
If satoshi is found, it will be all over the news, old bitcoiners will come back, and the price will skyrocket because of this. Then all the people who joined because they saw it on the news will get bored, and someone will point out that whatever satoshi says controls prices(if he says prices will go down, everyone will do what the creator says, because they think the creator knows best, and prices will plumbecause of this. The same would happen the other way if he says prices will go up), everyone will realise the market is too unstable and eventually leave.

Nakamichi - audio electronics manufacturer
Nakagawa Electronics - Manufacturer of quartz crystals, clock oscillators, ceramic resonators and filters
Nakatomi- from "Die Hard" 1988, a movie about a securities heist. =)

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
schnell

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 02:49:36 PM

Samsung - Sa
Toshiba -Toshi

Motorola -Moto

Nakagawa Electronics - Manufacturer of quartz crystals, clock oscillators, ceramic resonators and filters

Thanks Tongue
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 02:54:39 PM

Samsung - Sa
Toshiba -Toshi

Motorola -Moto

Thanks Tongue

Come to think of it, Nakatomi is the same thing. Naka To(shiba) Mi(tsubishi)... Hmm Naka seems to be the key to the conspiracy.  Cheesy

deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 03:29:50 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2012, 03:52:18 PM by deepceleron

Motorola -Moto

Really?

Although he never written in Japanese, let us look at character meaning in Japanese name. Satoshi has many different ways to write, but Nakamoto is same by 99% of surname.

中本 - most common way to write nakamoto

中 - inside or middle
本 - book, or using in word meaning is like main or original

智 - best way to write satoshi, used in words like wisdom, knowledge, a sage. Or for you, 智者不惑。

Only for proving also I can be stupid. Like all of topic.

L'Hôpital, Ohm, Tesla, Fermat, Satoshi. Or Crohn, Lou Gehrig, Legionnaires, Satoshi.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 04:51:09 AM

His name is Robert Paulson.
He died?

BitcoinWorld

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 15, 2012, 11:01:39 AM

Why does everyone assume it's a single person?  It could be a name to represent a group of college buddies who thought it would be fun to manipulate world currency  Cheesy
Alex Coventry

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 11:35:28 PM

The big question to me is why hide?
Wordlet

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 12:24:59 AM

Someone who creates a cryptocurrency that values anonymity and security would obviously value their privacy.
Prayer

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 06:33:14 PM

I was wondering about the identity of this person or group of persons as well, and I'm sure that if anyone actually has a need to consult with Satoshi, he/she/they will make themselves known.

I believe that Satoshi very well could be a (group of) person(s) who is (are) very aware of an underlying cancer in our global society that left unchecked will destroy us.  The only way around it, is to make a fundamental change to the way we interact with each other, and an intangible, uncontrollable commodity is likely the right answer.  I can't even begin to imagine what the endgame is, but I'm sure it will be a truly amazing revolution that will forever change the way we look at ourselves.

My guess, is that eventually their identities will come out.  Just look at how many thousands of bitcoins have never been used from the first several hundreds and thousands of blocks.  Watch those addresses, and I think you'll know when Satoshi is ready to make an appearance.

Though it's also possible that those coins have already been destroyed, or maybe will be laundered through so many transactions that it will completely obfuscate the identities of the persons involved to where positive identification become unreasonably difficult.  The really cool thing, is that no matter when Satoshi comes forward, he/she/they will be able to prove their identity beyond any doubt, reasonable or unreasonable.

We'll just have to wait and see.

-Prayer

BTC/BEN:1PrayerRDDE2fohojZBQEwyjF2vsbz6eKw
Realpra

Activity: 815
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 04:09:30 AM

Well my guess is its the guy running Mt.Gox and/or bitcoin.org.

Mt.Gox is Japanese right? Satoshi Nakamoto is a Japanese name. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

I think its awesome that we live in a world during peak oil, WWIII looming, evil puppet masters manipulating politics like a game and hero geniuses changing the world while no one knows who they are.

Straight out of code geass man - sure we may die and what not, but damn it rocks Cheesy

Cheap and sexy Bitcoin card/hardware wallet, buy here:
http://BlochsTech.com
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: