Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:23:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OPERATION SCAMCOIN PREVENTION - this will work BUT will require mass adoption.  (Read 778 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:18:30 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 04:24:22 PM by cryptohunter

Operation shitcoin clean out would never work since it involved trying to destroy value that  miners and buyers had invested via time, money and electricity. Also you can't really have a small group deciding on which coins are and are not allowed.  There needs to be a fair protocol laid out to prevent scams that ALL new coins should adhere to with NO exceptions.

OPERATION SHITCOIN CLEAN OUT was a cure model. This will not work.  We need a prevention model.

However.. what gives any of us the right to try and prevent new coins being released?  NOTHING.

Do we though have a case for a collective movement to guard against being scammed/exploited on a daily basis? this i think is more open to discussion.

One wonders why do these dev teams constantly push out new coins? the answer i believe is quite simply personal enrichment. They do not care for the miners or supporters and quite often dump their premine/instamine only to release another coin that same day perhaps a hour or two later and do the same thing again leaving a trail of broken coins with no developer and lots of people having wasted time and money that just went to these scamcoin devs.

So rather than try and stop new coins we should act collectively to take away the incentive for these dev teams and make them play fair with the rest of the board. We need some protocols in place that they must adhere to else be ignored and crushed before their premines and instamines gain any value.  We must simply ask they start to play fair with the members here. They can release whatever they like but without following the fair release protocols we devise they will simply be ignored. Mining or buying them simply does not happen.

Together we can devise a fair launch protocol and this will become the standard for devs to comply with when releasing a coin. This will eradicate their urge to produce 100's of coins. They should be encouraged to create a coin and stick by that coin. Their reward will be tied to the success of that coin.

1. Any premine regardless of size will be held by an escrow level member and released only in stages to the devs for their projects and giveaways. Of course the devs deserve gradual payments for their work. They must not be allowed however to ditch the coins and create a new coin the same day.

2. Instamines by the devs must be eradicated. Pre-ann, wallets in password protected zip files, reasonable diff adjust etc.

Of course feel free to make your own suggestions that we could get behind to stop this cycle of junk being deposited daily on the board.

There is no need to stop new coins, however it would be nice if 95% of them were not scam coins serving to enrich a couple of devs that constantly pump out shit coins with big premines and instamines only to cash out and leave after 5 mins to do the same thing again.

Together we can stop this, but of course we need to devise some protocols and boycott any coins that do not adhere to them. There is no possible argument for devs not to comply with fair release protocols is there??. Their only reason to resist would be because they are wishing to dump out after 5 mins and do the same with another coin.

If you think it is a bad idea - please give an explanation based upon reasoning, of course many ideas that seem straight forward can lead to some unexpected results. If you can see some negative side for having a fair release protocol and think you can illustrate this is a reasonable way. This would be of great interest too.  For example many will argue that you need the devs to have a nice chunk of coins and motivation to see their project through. I firmly agree but why would it hurt to have this issued to them over time by an escrow level member. These sub 10 activity devs vanish with premines and instamines after 5 mins most of the time , this must be stopped.

If you think it is a good idea - please add +1 or add your own suggestions, and refer this thread to others so we can start going with this and you will see a lot more high quality coins produced and a lot less scam coins produced.

Please do not just state  bad idea with no explanation or it gets removed. We need to have a serious discussion.

We are not here to discuss current and past coins - we are here to develop a new fair launch protocol for new coins anything else gets deleted. We don't need arguments and bias based on our previous time and energy investments. We all have bias when looking backwards or talking currently since we are all invested in one coin or another. The future though is neutral for us all. We are discussing a future coin release protocol not looking back and pointing the finger.

MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:37:23 PM

I'm with you. The scam coins (IPO,premine,ninja instamine) need to stop.

I thought that Educating new users to these forums would help. I think they are the ones that are being targeted by these IPO and pre-mined scams. Beyond that I can't think of much else to do.

Shivalein

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:14:04 PM

I disagree, the senseless mining coins should be stopped.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:48:47 PM

I'm with you. The scam coins (IPO,premine,ninja instamine) need to stop.

I thought that Educating new users to these forums would help. I think they are the ones that are being targeted by these IPO and pre-mined scams. Beyond that I can't think of much else to do.

Yes if everyone collaborated together, and immediately took over new threads where the devs are not following the fair launch protocols  and crushed them before they got started, then eventually all new launches would seek to follow the protocol. Their premines and instamines will be worth nothing if people refuse to mine or buy the coins.

Even these 100% premined ones should have escrow members holding the coins until a full ledger is created and only then release a fraction at a time until they are given away.

Rulishix

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:06:50 PM

This actually looks like a good plan and should go well with massive support. I will help this along as best I can.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:13:05 PM

This actually looks like a good plan and should go well with massive support. I will help this along as best I can.

Yes, please tell others about it. It will not really work unless most people go along with it. Only under mass pressure can we persuade devs to stop pumping out shitcoins they don't intend to support.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:50:30 PM

It starts by manning up something none of you ever do..
i have stepped up ALL BY MYSELF for a year almost saying this and you guys hide in silence.
Many of you saying this shit last few months are the same guys mouthing me off before calling me a TROLL..
Like hey DOGE COIN idiots how is that CLONE COIN working out for you ?
but but but i made blah blah BTC and and and.. FREE MARKET.. for the OTHER clones well there bad.. the one i'm invested in is ok though ROFL

i barely recall anyone speaking up on any ANN topic going way back to OCT/NOV.. it's me who takes all the heat, all the trolling and harassment.
You guys want to spout off all the time how coin cloners should be stopped but then you see one and you hide like little bitch's.

Bear in mind who your fucking with guys..
the whole entire scene makes money off clone coins so your going up against the WHOLE SCENE !
Your sticking your neck out and you will be trolled on for life like crazy..
Every pool operator and every exchange and every forum staff member pretty much will hate you with a passion..
My advice is stay quiet and do nothing.. or prepare for the consequences and the wrath of the entire scene who will try to destroy you any way possible.
for encroaching on their scam coin income..
and it's not fun being the guy with an X on your back.. you won't have one day ever where someone doesn't pop up and take a swing at you !

I can think of coins posted this last week where not even one guy asked about some serious glaring obvious scams going on with them.
NOT one guy said a damn word.. people drop to their knee's and blow em then come to the main section and whine about it..
Every wonder how a coin that has an ANN topic that says nothing at all about a premine can afford to state they will give out MILLIONS of coins
to the first few people to set up a pool etc etc ? hmmmm i wonder how they got many MILLIONS of coins to give away on LAUNCH Day ? hmmm?
Anyone ask ? Anyone consider the Newbie account collecting the premine bounty is the coin cloner himself ? noooooooope  ......no one gives a shit period.
And that is a nooooooon stop occurrence all day every damn day.

Your topic here OP is a waste of time.. we're screwed.
that is all there is to it.. we're fucked and nothing but down is where we're headed /the end.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:53:53 PM

OP, please remove self-moderation

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:57:03 AM

OP, please remove self-moderation

why would i remove it? nothing has been deleted and nothing will so long as it continues to stay on topic. We are discussing future protocol for alt releases.

You wish to discuss something different you may start another thread.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:01:02 AM

It starts by manning up something none of you ever do..
i have stepped up ALL BY MYSELF for a year almost saying this and you guys hide in silence.
Many of you saying this shit last few months are the same guys mouthing me off before calling me a TROLL..
Like hey DOGE COIN idiots how is that CLONE COIN working out for you ?
but but but i made blah blah BTC and and and.. FREE MARKET.. for the OTHER clones well there bad.. the one i'm invested in is ok though ROFL

i barely recall anyone speaking up on any ANN topic going way back to OCT/NOV.. it's me who takes all the heat, all the trolling and harassment.
You guys want to spout off all the time how coin cloners should be stopped but then you see one and you hide like little bitch's.

Bear in mind who your fucking with guys..
the whole entire scene makes money off clone coins so your going up against the WHOLE SCENE !
Your sticking your neck out and you will be trolled on for life like crazy..
Every pool operator and every exchange and every forum staff member pretty much will hate you with a passion..
My advice is stay quiet and do nothing.. or prepare for the consequences and the wrath of the entire scene who will try to destroy you any way possible.
for encroaching on their scam coin income..
and it's not fun being the guy with an X on your back.. you won't have one day ever where someone doesn't pop up and take a swing at you !

I can think of coins posted this last week where not even one guy asked about some serious glaring obvious scams going on with them.
NOT one guy said a damn word.. people drop to their knee's and blow em then come to the main section and whine about it..
Every wonder how a coin that has an ANN topic that says nothing at all about a premine can afford to state they will give out MILLIONS of coins
to the first few people to set up a pool etc etc ? hmmmm i wonder how they got many MILLIONS of coins to give away on LAUNCH Day ? hmmm?
Anyone ask ? Anyone consider the Newbie account collecting the premine bounty is the coin cloner himself ? noooooooope  ......no one gives a shit period.
And that is a nooooooon stop occurrence all day every damn day.

Your topic here OP is a waste of time.. we're screwed.
that is all there is to it.. we're fucked and nothing but down is where we're headed /the end.

Let's not give up just yet. It is everyones interest that coins are released in a way that motivates coin devs to produce coins they intend to stand by. If people still don't wish to push for this then we just let it drop and things continue on as before.

Premines and instamines are what we need to wrestle away from these zero post devs that constantly pump out these coins they intend to abandon as soon as they dump their premine/instamine loads on exchanges.

btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:28:20 AM

Idea is good, the name is bad. Something with Shitcoin in name sounds like something that will not be listened to.

Here is what could help. A Cryptocurrency Group / Foundation or something similar. Guidelines to define a fair launch, best practices for other stuff.

Members included respected members of Crypto community. The members vote and act as a group.

Thoughts?

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:33:29 AM

i agree i do NOT want to give up hope and that is why i left for a month or two around Dec/Jan and decided to come back and fight !
why let the scammers win ? they try and bury us in bullshit and bully us in the scene.
and your right collectively as a group we can take them down but myself alone i can't do squat lol

We need to keep a steel toe on their throats  Cheesy

let's keep these sleazy pricks on the ropes reeling from blow after blow  Grin
they won't fight back that much they are cowards that prey on the weak..

CrystalClear

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 07:14:30 AM

The people just need to educate themselves before they start throwing their money at the next fresh coin. 
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 07:36:47 AM

that is futile .. no one cares
i even recently have been guilty of joining in..
an older member mentioned using a MultiPool (that are clearly popular)
and i too tried it out and was recently using their auto mining port.. so i was grabbing all kinds of crap coins.
at a certain point i just stopped it though the coins they chose were pretty scammy Sad

the problem is the most profitable coins to mine etc are the newest coins and the newest coins are ? usually pretty IPO'ish and Pre-mine'y lol

follow the money Wink

if pushing a clone pyramid digital scam is 100x more profitable than mining XPM or Name coin or what ever
what do think think the majority is going to do ?
And what lets them do it ?
THIS FORUM for starters.. they removed the newbie jail.. now your very first post here can be a coin ANN topic.
and that is EXACTLY what has started happening on a larger scale.. then they setup huge bounties for exchanges, pool's..

round and around we go.. and if a few of us sit in the corner and whine about it make no difference.
they all just plow forward with all the scammy bullshit.. trying to bury us with too much crap to fight back on.. too many topics to comment on etc.
AND even if you do bitch about them they will just self mod their topics or get the mods here to ban you for trolling..

the cloning circle jerk infrastructure needs to stop and how do you stop the exchanges etc ?
regulation or attacking these assholes is the only way this crap will get better.. if that don't happen i believe we will slowly sink until there is a small hard core group left.

None of the pricks care about the newbies they sucker in on buying hyped coins on day one when they are put on exchanges
and how they will lose their money when the price tanks soon after..
they will say fuck em.. and brag about their Lambo'z and do it again ..asap (while ignoring us minority that whine about it)
all the while they chant their mantra.. FREE MARKET FREE MARKETFREE MARKETFREE MARKETFREE MARKETFREE MARKETFREE

FREE MARKET = freedom to screw over anyone they want and often silence and ban you for criticizing it.. RULES for us and NOT them !
A free market to scam money from people with deceptive & dishonest behavior that would often in a regulated market get these guys jail time.

What i will remind these guys is the FBI has always spent years collecting evidence before massive law suits are unleashed..
I have seen it go down when i was in PC game cracking groups way back.. one of my best buds was nailed by the FBI and they hunted him
and collected anything they could to nail him.. and eventually after years they popped him.. same seen on various scene group histories.. see Wikipedia etc on it
so.. these dumb cocky corrupt morons will probably get whats coming to them sooner or later and i will be laughing Smiley

kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 08:33:59 AM

spoetnik has a point about the rampant economy that thrives off scam after scam in the altcoin market.  i was hoping people would have learned their lesson with the last bitcoin dive, but then came blackcoin, whitecoin, asiacoin etc.  this shit will eventually implode, but there will be lasting damage to cryptocurrencies.

dogecoin's got a fucking awesome lead sled, though.  

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:38:44 PM

I agree with everything people have said on this thread. If however we can remove the incentive for devs to create these new coins under new bcc accounts day in day out then they will stop.

Take away their premines and instamines and they will lose interest. If devs want 1-2% of their entire minting then they must support the coin for a few years and only get it released to them gradually.

Instamine is more dangerous so that one needs a strict fair launch protocol put in place to prevent.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: