Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:30:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Pick a number

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DIEM] CarpeDiemCoin - Alive and well!!!  (Read 343408 times)
DIEMcoin (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:30:34 AM

Lets push hard and get listed on sharexcoin.
They just added a trollbox so we can do some trivia.

https://sharexcoin.com/votings?coin=DIEM

Voted. We could really use another exchange with decent trade volume. Even Bittrex could generate some trading for DIEM. I do like the Sharexcoin exchange. It looks like it may actually start to attract more traders.

We talked to bittrex a week ago.  They said they are watching us to see what happens.

Around here, we don't look backwards for very long... We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things because we're curious... And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:50:51 AM

Keep voting guys!
Push hard on sharexcoin.  We should be able to get listed in a few days. You can vote once/hour.
ShareXCoin Voting!
If you have a little extra btc buy a few votes we have a couple people who have just pitch in .01 to buy 10 votes each.

And don't forget about Mintpal.
Mintpal Voting!

Around here, we don't look backwards for very long... We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things because we're curious... And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney
coinnext

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:53:51 PM

Coinnext Exchange added CarpeDiemCoin

Trade at https://coinnext.com/trade/DIEM/BTC

On top, trading is completely free for 90 days.
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:05:27 PM

Coinnext Exchange added CarpeDiemCoin

Trade at https://coinnext.com/trade/DIEM/BTC

On top, trading is completely free for 90 days.

Fantastic!!!  Thanks for adding us!!!

Lets get some vol going over there fellas!

-Walt Disney
airwalker2662

Activity: 116

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:36:43 PM

Hi, just wiped off some smegma into a towel and thought of this coin. Cheers!

worth

Activity: 558
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:55:16 PM

Any update on a working Mac client?
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:00:53 AM

As I'm sure many of you have noticed... The PoS isn't working on any of the current wallets so were working on new wallets for all platforms.  Fingers crossed be ready to go in a couple days.

-Walt Disney
circusmidget11

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

GOOD Dev

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:13:07 AM

Lots of POS coins these days. Looks like a new cryptotrend. I wonder what will be next? Anyway, good luck with your project!

It's almost summer, no one wants the extra heat.   Grin

GOODcoin - C-Cex Vote - Poloniex Request -
GOOD: GcFTMgVKLGrGjY4Vm1XD8tP4vUsS64uqWw
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:23:05 AM

Lots of POS coins these days. Looks like a new cryptotrend. I wonder what will be next? Anyway, good luck with your project!

It's almost summer, no one wants the extra heat.   Grin

Amen to THAT!

-Walt Disney
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 02:18:27 AM

Made a donation wallet if anyone wants to pitch in for bounties.  Please feel free to make requests for features you would like your donations to go to.

DSvEvGRq5v155TGLVgcqxdzQ5eTmw7D9dU

Adding it to the OP

-Walt Disney
worth

Activity: 558

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:33:17 AM

As I'm sure many of you have noticed... The PoS isn't working on any of the current wallets so were working on new wallets for all platforms.  Fingers crossed be ready to go in a couple days.

OK, thank you.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:32:35 PM

what's up with the ginormous sell wall on poloni? 1.3B coins for sale for about 445 ltc at 34 litoshi  Shocked

I guess diem is never gonna see 35 litoshi again...?
tripppn

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 04:22:24 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 04:47:27 PM by tripppn

what's up with the ginormous sell wall on poloni? 1.3B coins for sale for about 445 ltc at 34 litoshi  Shocked

One of 2 things...  Either someone is trying to hold the price down to buy cheap or someone is just dumping.  Not sure.  Last time it went down after we took a few nibbles off it it im thinking someone is holding the price down

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:27:52 PM

what's up with the ginormous sell wall on poloni? 1.3B coins for sale for about 445 ltc at 34 litoshi  Shocked

One of 2 things...  Either someone is trying to hold the price down to buy cheap or someone is just dumping.  Not sure.  Last time it went down after we took a few nibbles off it it im thinking someone is holding the price down

either of it could the case.

but I am not sure about the definition  of "HUGE SELL WALL". the 445 LTC sell wall is equivalent to about 5k $. If there was serious interest for investors to hold DIEM, taking out this sell wall would be a piece of cake.

tripppn

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 06:02:40 PM

One of 2 things...  Either someone is trying to hold the price down to buy cheap or someone is just dumping.  Not sure.  Last time it went down after we took a few nibbles off it it im thinking someone is holding the price down

either of it could the case.

but I am not sure about the definition  of "HUGE SELL WALL". the 445 LTC sell wall is equivalent to about 5k $. If there was serious interest for investors to hold DIEM, taking out this sell wall would be a piece of cake.

Not only a piece of cake. A gift. It would take forever to accumulate that kind of stake in DIEM under normal circumstances.  The right investor will salivate at that opportunity.

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 07:40:51 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2014, 04:19:40 AM by DIEMcoin

My Plee to NOT destroy a golden opportunity

Every coin that is worth a damn in this crazy crypto world is in some way an experiment to see what works and what doesn't.  Each experiment leading to the next and strengthening the community as a whole.  This is why I think destroying the unclaimed DIEM would be a huge dis service to the crypto world.  With the BTC generated from the unclaimed DIEM we could run a grand experiment.  We have an opportunity here that no other coin has had or at least has never taken advantage of.  I feel that destroying the unclaimed coins would be short sighted.  We would get a quick bump in price but after that we are just another symbol on the exchange and nothing else we really don't have any unique or defining elements to our coin itself.  This coins is about ideas and taking action in the name of Carpe Diem.

I want to implement multiple ideas all at once.  Two to go into action right away and one for a few months down the road.  None of which are new ideas but put together it would be a first of it's kind.  I'm going to keep the number of unclaimed from the public till the deadline is up but it's a hefty number of coins which could generate a large amount of BTC.
I want to put up a buy wall to guard against large dumps like we have had a couple of in the past few days.  I want to start a hedge fund to grow the BTC fund that we have backing our coin. Lastly I want to in the future do coin rehab.  I also have a very realistic and innovative idea for public adoption that I'm not going to make public because it will get stolen.

First thing is first.  How do we convert the DIEM to BTC without dumping on the markets?  Easy!  We do an IPO with the coins.  Depending on our final number I don't think it will be necessary or smart to IPO all the unclaimed all at once.  Maybe start with half keeping a nice chunk of the coins off the market and in un-wavering hands while we continue to grow in value.

First, the buy wall will be there to stabilize the price when people decide to dump.  At first I thought about putting up a wall on both sides to truly stabilize the price from irresponsible pumps as well as dumps to have full stabilization but that would stunt growth.  This is already being implemented by a few coins.  Foremost Blackcoin with it's "Black Shield" (http://www.coinssource.com/black-shield-blackcoins-answer-whales/). The wall will remain fluid and not evident to avoid people trying to game the wall.  It will “appear” when it is needed and remain hidden otherwise.  The key difference between us and black shield will be that we don’t rely on donations to fund it.  We have the funding from the unclaimed coins.

Next would be the hedge fund.  This is something that I'm sure many of you will consider risky because it does take our coins fund and put in the hands of people to do what they will with it.  I want to assure you that I'm going to take every precaution to make sure our funds are safe.  We will assemble a team of proven investors and let them go multiply our fund.  Speed is essential on some trading so they will have free power to invest in whatever they decide is a good choice for our community as long as it doesn't leave the market.  Arbitrage will be taken out of the picture in order to insure peace of mind in DIEM holders.  In order for the team to make a withdraw we will set up a process with Busoni of Poloniex himself who will manually confirm withdraws from the account so at the very least there will be no way for them to pull the funds off the account without multiple lines of security.  This will make withdraws take more time to complete and is the reason arbitrage will not be a factor.  Trades made will normally be somewhat longer holding positions in quality undervalued coins with huge growth potential. Were looking for ethical trading not solo pump and dumps.  This is already being done with NautilusCoin (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=591114.0)

Lastly I want to do some kind of coin rehab for left for dead coins that have potential after doing great deals of research to pick the right coins.  During this process with DIEM we've been through we have made many connections and are building relationships with key players in the crypto world.  People who can help us rehab coins.  My idea consists of this:  Find the right coin with extended research and looking at every angle.  We don't take requests, we find you!  Once we have our coin selected we buy a large steak in the coin at dirt cheap prices since if the coin is still listed there will be a massive pile of sell orders that no one will buy.  Next we go into rehab mode.  Get any code based issues fixed, get the coin on exchanges, get it all the frills coins need these days and build a community to follow it.  This is not a short venture!  This will be a few months with each coin.  The last thing we want to do is leave the coin with no one to steer the ship and were not looking to be perm devs.  So we will be there while the community grows and becomes self sustaining.  Once that happens we can IPO a portion  or all of the stake we have in the coin and take our profit to put back into supporting DIEM.  We want to execute this plan with great care and ethics.  We want a profit but we also don't want to hurt a fellow coin.  A similar idea is being looked at by NobleCoin and a couple of other groups.  Mainly as a charity cases.  Were looking for profits which we can then use to take DIEM to the next level.

For adoption by the masses I can't disclose that yet.  It's a long term goal because it will take a good amount of funding to be raised before we can do it but I'll give you a hint.  It's similar in ways to how Facebook got started, going after the right crowd in condensed populations and takes full advantage of our name being universally recognized.

Please Please PLEASE!  Do not vote to destroy.  Were sitting on a golden opportunity and we need to Seize The Day!!!

-Walt Disney
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 07:42:46 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 08:10:14 PM by DIEMcoin

I'm going to put up the poll tomorrow morning but wanted to give everyone a chance to express concerns or questions they may have first.  I'm not taking anything off the table here.  These are my ideas that I have run by a few people in the community.  I still want your ideas!

I also want to invite anyone who wants to talk about ideas and the future to join us on IRC.  We welcome new ideas and differing opinions.  https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.kiwiirc.com/#carpediempool

-Walt Disney
apmapm12

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 10:41:04 PM

I'm going to put up the poll tomorrow morning but wanted to give everyone a chance to express concerns or questions they may have first.  I'm not taking anything off the table here.  These are my ideas that I have run by a few people in the community.  I still want your ideas!

I also want to invite anyone who wants to talk about ideas and the future to join us on IRC.  We welcome new ideas and differing opinions.  https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.kiwiirc.com/#carpediempool

I think these are awesome ideas! Good job everyone this community is doing a great job. You all need to keep up the good work
BruteFruit

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:14:05 AM

Very excited to see that DIEM continues to move forward. I came into this community after loosing faith in DIEM when the original dev left us.

Truth be told Tripppn and Apm should have been at the helm from the beginning. They have proven to over and over again to us that their intentions are for this community. To be honest they have put more effort into maintaining this community than the original dev ever did. Without their dedication the community DIEM would have died fast. DIEM was lucky to have them on board when hardship came.

I strongly feel that DIEM was the first alt to really nail down the basis of being a traders coin from the start. I hate to see community coins getting scammed over and over again. If you want to be part of a community where your voice is always heard I encourage you at least come chat with us on freenode. My intentions are not to sell anyone on DIEM, I encourage you all to at the least do you own research on DIEM and learn about our community a bit before even considering investing any money. :-)

Rent out your hash-rates for faster ROI on your rigs!
Miningrigrentals.com (http://www.miningrigrentals.com?ref=4089)
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:04:44 AM

My Plee to NOT destroy a golden opportunity

First, the buy wall will be there to stabilize the price when people decide to dump.  At first I thought about putting up a wall on both sides to truly stabilize the price from irresponsible pumps as well as dumps to have full stabilization but that would stunt growth.  

I am afraid the objective is wrong. Keeping price stable will not help enough. The coin needs to GROW. If there is no growth = price rise, noone will be interested any more.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: