Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 01:08:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I give up  (Read 22582 times)
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:36:06 AM

patience is a virtue. it's been at this level for how long.. 2-3 months?
Siegfried

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:39:03 AM

It's estimated that there are currently only 2-3 million people WORLDWIDE who actually own any bitcoin at all.  By contrast, the population of just one large U.S. city, like New York, is ~8.3 million people.  Imagine what happens to the price when suddenly tens of millions, even a hundred million people around the world eventually want to buy some bitcoin.  This could happen faster than anyone could imagine.

this is very true, considering 10 million new users would be competing for a minority of the coins that exist, as many are hoarded/destroyed and will not be sold until many years from now.

the wonders that a 10bil market cap would do for bitcoin.....

There are more people in Shanghai than Bitcoins in existence.
SecureErase

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:44:02 AM

it's even sadder some of the replies she has been given; I'm sure she's annoyed enough without basically being told that she's stupid & not to come back until she has learned more about investing. Just my opinion but I don't think comments like that help anyone.

Agree 100% pinksheep. So much anger and negative bashing.....

Siegfried

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:57:40 AM

it's even sadder some of the replies she has been given; I'm sure she's annoyed enough without basically being told that she's stupid & not to come back until she has learned more about investing. Just my opinion but I don't think comments like that help anyone.

Yes, it is sad. I feel pity for her. I wish she would change her mind and buy back in. At least 50 percent.
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:20:01 AM

I think that the anger is unfortunate and unwarranted.  But the issue is deep.  You see, to some Bitcoin is a repudiation of the implicit right of the state to meddle in financial affairs.  Like regulating who is an "accredited investor" -- which can be seen as giving the best opportunities to the rich.  And regulating the free issuance and exchange of securities (GLBSE, MPOE, etc was/are all bitcoin-based unregulated stock markets) -- which can be seen as limiting individual entrepreneurship.

When someone comes in and basically justifies this regulation ("I bought because someone told me to, now I'm selling for emotional reasons"), it invites regulation.  In other words, it looks like this person's finances really do need protection from herself. 

The last thing we need is this person and 1000 similar on CNN.  The state has its highly protective system; if you like it stick with it.  We have ours.  If all the fiat rules and regs are applied to Bitcoin, we are left with something quite similar to fiat with all its inefficiencies and overhead.  Whatever you think about Cryptocurrencies or fiat there is a strong argument that a diversity of systems is better than the same system repeated.  For example, if the USD fails, central banks all over the world fail.  They are all the same system repeated, and interconnected... this is a very bad situation to be in.

So people who like the "opt-out" nature of Bitcoin get protective and suggest that that person GTFO.   
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:44:08 AM

Yes there must be more support and comforting when somebody was going to become rich in three months but got bored waiting and became poor instead. Let's encourage this emotional behavior! Let her try forex next time with all her money with a 1:100 leverage, a sure way to become rich...

The only helpful comments are the ones which hurt. Maybe will make her think next time, because there will be more next times in life.

i am satoshi
DustyRah

Activity: 530

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:49:10 AM

Check this out: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=413064.0

Anyone who held beyond this point literally bent over and asked for it.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:52:56 AM

I think with Bitcoin the hardest season is right after the first purchase.  We purchased right before and well into the first bubble in April last year.  It was a very long Summer and we were under water for most of it.  The hardest part was thinking if we hadn't bought into the bubble we could have bought more coins than we did.  I think that was what hurt the most.  Of course November came and it was great and I was very glad I held on.  I think having been through this a year I have a little wisdom and have learned from experience how Bitcoin works.  Holding is the hardest thing to do, especially when the person has purchased the coins towards the peak of a bubble.  The best thing to do would be to buy more on the drops, if the person has any fiat left, or just ride it out if not.  But it isn't easy for sure.

My advice to Veronica now would be to just buy back in as much as she is willing to risk and ride it out.  We will have another bubble.  Didn't Barry Silbert at Second Market "guarantee" it?  Wink

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:57:23 AM

Check this out: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=413064.0

Anyone who held beyond this point literally bent over and asked for it.
Amazing, there are trains in the thread. People have been posting pictures of trains since all the way back on Jan 15 (or earlier).
chunglam
Donator

Activity: 229
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:18:13 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2014, 05:46:03 AM by chunglam

Hi OP, please forgive my English skill because I am not a native English speaker.
Would you please try to look at this way, when you bought coins you are actually investing into this Bitcoin community. In this community, we have different kind of person: trader, holder, entrepreneur, etc... They all provide different role for this community, trader provide liquidity, holder provide stability and entrepreneur expand this community. When someone else sold coins to you, the capital they got from you may be used to conduct further trading activity or starting a new venture. All these kind of activities make this community more mature and stronger.
In my opinion, the falling price of Bitcoin actually make more people cash out and doing some real world works to make this community even stronger but you need patience to wait and see the result. You have every right to quit from this community, the money you loss is actually a contribution to this community and make it stronger.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:31:53 AM

I wish it was just 1 coin.  This was my sure thing so I could stay at home with my daughter.  I feel so stupid.   Cry

Wait.   You feel stupid because your powers to predict the future have told you that BTC will never go above $900 again?

Really?

Its logically impossible for you to feel stupid right now.  Because you can't see the future.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:38:00 AM

Right, is sad and all. But we need dumb people like this. It's all part of the ecosystem. They contribute to volatility which attracts traders which besides driving the price up spreads the word. So thanks for helping the good cause, and better decisions in the future.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Mythul

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:08:49 AM

I think you've made a mistake. Is still to early to call Bitcoin a failure. Also when you invest in something you should have patience.

For quick gains you should try roulette and bet all in on either red or black.
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:37:49 AM

I think you've made a mistake. Is still to early to call Bitcoin a failure. Also when you invest in something you should have patience.

For quick gains you should try roulette and bet all in on either red or black.

I am a fan of BLACK ...its works 50% of the time 100% of the time  Tongue

OBJECT NOT FOUND
killinitsoftly

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:39:46 AM

remember, that those with buying power prey upon those who fear a loss.
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:46:42 AM

well it will go back up but i don't see it  ever going anywhere over $1000 ever again.

ahaha ok thanks for the laugh. no really, you are funny. you are about as short-sighted as OP Smiley have you ever planned and executed anything with a timeframe longer than 15 seconds?

I was all kinds of excited when I read this post also haha.  What a comment indeed.
upupup

Activity: 165
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:02:20 AM

Would anybody at some point would like to explain OP why price will rise one way or another? (instead of just telling HODL without explanation)
Thanks!

P.S. are you aware of next bank holidays which will sum up to 4 days of no fresh fiat to exchanges. .. I say we might go even more down so good time to rebuy Smiley
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:21:28 AM

Too bad you've given up and sold at a loss, but reading your story it seems you were into Bitcoin for the wrong reasons in the first place. The market likes to punish people who think Bitcoin is some special kind of lottery with a 100% chance to become a millionaire in a couple months or years. I've been where you've been as well, but I have a different kind of mindset when it comes to this interesting piece of technology and I am fully prepared to lose everything I have invested. Smiley

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:35:28 AM

Buy low, sell high.

What part of that is hard to understand?
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:58:08 AM

this thread will be used as a gauge of when to buy Bitcoin.

Mark my words and let's see in a year how right I am. Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: