Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:24:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I give up  (Read 22582 times)
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:30:56 AM

I lol'd.

Thinking back at some of the things I spent my earlier BTC on, some of the most expensive times of my life!

Yeah I still have some of that $10000 per ounce coffee that I orderd in 2012 Smiley Go beat that you fancy millionaires.

i am satoshi
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:36:42 AM

It seems every time I find something that looks promising, I'm just a sucker waiting to give someone else a payout.  I have been following advice a gentleman offered to "hodl" my bitcoin, from $984 all the way down to now $436.  I've just been fooling myself, telling myself "Don't worry hon, it will go back up! It always has!"  I've been spending my time reading the forums and hoping.  My friends called me crazy when I told them it's a sure thing.  The shame is just as bad as the lost money.  So I quit.  You guys win.  Coins sold.  Sad

I just love it when noobs lose their money!  Cool

That's just fucking mean.
I feel sorry that the OP has 'done a Veronica' - I really do.. i almost can feel her shame. Imagine people laughing at you because you actually LOST money on bitcoin?
You need patience and you'll be well rewarded.. but it takes time, balls and a true understanding of what HODL means. Veronica, sadly never came to grasp this.

Another new phrase in the bitcoin dictionary?

Credit goes to blatchcorn - first post on this page.

Oh, thanks for pointing that out. Didn't catch it myself. Hail blatchcorn!

Finally my place in bitcoin history!
Mythul

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:37:29 AM

It seems every time I find something that looks promising, I'm just a sucker waiting to give someone else a payout.  I have been following advice a gentleman offered to "hodl" my bitcoin, from $984 all the way down to now $436.  I've just been fooling myself, telling myself "Don't worry hon, it will go back up! It always has!"  I've been spending my time reading the forums and hoping.  My friends called me crazy when I told them it's a sure thing.  The shame is just as bad as the lost money.  So I quit.  You guys win.  Coins sold.  Sad

I just love it when noobs lose their money!  Cool

That's just fucking mean.
I feel sorry that the OP has 'done a Veronica' - I really do.. i almost can feel her shame. Imagine people laughing at you because you actually LOST money on bitcoin?
You need patience and you'll be well rewarded.. but it takes time, balls and a true understanding of what HODL means. Veronica, sadly never came to grasp this.

Another new phrase in the bitcoin dictionary?

Credit goes to blatchcorn - first post on this page.

Oh, thanks for pointing that out. Didn't catch it myself. Hail blatchcorn!

Finally my place in bitcoin history!

Maybe this will catch up and be as popular as HODLING !!!1
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:49:24 AM

sounds like you also did a veronica

No.

I did a Matthew.

'Doing a Matthew'.

As a Noun: Someone who buys an asset that is set to increase in value by over 10000%, only to swap it all out for drugs.
As a Verb: Someone who is in the process of swapping out vast quantities of an asset that is on the cusp of increasing by several orders of magnitude in value, for drugs.

hehe excellent post Smiley you win the internets today!

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
bitleif

Activity: 351

I'm always grumpy in the morning.

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:10:12 PM

I rarely get to the point of cursing someone out on this forum, but I'll make an exception here: You're a grade A cunt.
[...]
I'm not asking for your pity if/when a not exactly genius person makes a bad decision. I ask you to refrain from gloating.

Well, you're free to continue the crusade against all gloating on the internet. I think you might find it an uphill battle though Smiley
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:38:35 PM

I rarely get to the point of cursing someone out on this forum, but I'll make an exception here: You're a grade A cunt.
[...]
I'm not asking for your pity if/when a not exactly genius person makes a bad decision. I ask you to refrain from gloating.

Well, you're free to continue the crusade against all gloating on the internet. I think you might find it an uphill battle though Smiley

Valid point.

Maybe there's something more productive I can do though.

Veronica26, if you're still reading this thread, can you get in contact with me via PM?

If we can find a way to make sure your story checks out, I'd be willing to "reimburse" at least part of your loss by donating a coin or two to you.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:41:21 PM

[...]

Valid point.

Veronica26, if you're still reading this thread, can you get in contact with me via PM?

If we can find a way to make sure your story checks out, I'd be willing to "reimburse" at least part of your loss by donating a coin or two to you.

Wow, thats extremely generous of you, unfortunately I think the offer may fall on deaf ears.

Last Active:    April 29, 2014, 04:50:01 AM

Though lets hope they are reading it to see what people say but not signing in.

Still, comendable genourosity.
oda.krell
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:56:35 PM

Thanks.

Sent her a PM as well. If she has email notification on, maybe she'll reply. If not, was worth a try.

Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:17:10 PM

[...]

Valid point.

i wish a in forum where so much wealth has been accumulated over the years, we would see much more reactions like this one in contrast to the cold-hearted "u lost big and i lol" that has been posted here.

the community should support people that are doing the difficult move to get invested in bitcoin, and it should try especially help those who have suffered losses and not laugh at them. not that the community could not afford this. it is not lacking funds. it seems it lacks empathy.

i would also donate.
davidgdg

Activity: 551
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:18:49 PM

A truly inspiring Feyman quote

Did Feynman really say that? Let it be true

Or is Richard Feyman different from Feynman? I think we should be told   Smiley

"There is only one thing that is seriously morally wrong with the world, and that is politics. By 'politics' I mean all that, and only what, involves the State." Jan Lester "Escape from Leviathan"
rjp55

Activity: 798

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 01:20:13 PM

You guys are aware there are hundreds of people who did what she alleged to do and would be safe to assume have lost way more than she did?? I see horror stories all the time.

Donate, ha. Learning experience is the reward. To each their own though.

░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░                                         
              ░░▒▓▓███▓▓░░████████████████▓░                                   
          ░▓▓▓▒██████████░ ███████████████████▒                                 
       ░▓██▒░  ███████████▓ ▒███████████████████▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓                     
  ▒▓▓▓██▒     ████████   ▒██░ ██████████▓▒░      █████████████████▓▓▒░         
 ▓█▒░░        ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░▒███░ ▓▓▓▒░░   ░░▒▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒       ░▒▓███████▓▒░   
 █                                               ░▒▒▓▓██████████▓▒░░░▒▓██████▓█
 █▒  ▒▓▓▒░▒▓█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░                                    ░▒▓▓████████▓▓▒░   ▒█
 ░█ ▒████▓  ▒▒░▒▒▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░                            ░▒      ░▓██ 
  ▒███▒▓▓██  ░              ▒░░█████▓▓▓▓██▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░          ░░ ▓██████▓▓▒
    ▓█▓▓▒▓█▓ ▒              ▒▒▓███  ███████████▓▓█▓░░▒▒░░░  ▓███████▓████████ ▓█
     ░█  ▓██▓▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓████████▓░   ████▒▒▓▓▓▓██████      ░ ████████▒█████▓▒  ▒█
      ▓▓▓▓████▓▒░░                ▒███ ░███▓█▓▓████░    ▓ ████████▓▓█▓▒    ▓▓▓ 
      ░▓█████▓▒▓██████▓▒░         ▒██▓ ██▒  ██▓▓████    ▒  ░            ▒██▒   
        ░▒         ░▒▓█████████▓▒  ██▒ █▓    ██▒█████    ▒▒▒░░░▒░░░█▓▒▓██▓     
                          ░▒▓█████████ ██    ▓█▒█████▓             ░▓██▓       
                                  ░▒▓█▓ ██ ░▒██░██████▓  ▒▒▒░   ▒▓███▒         
                                      █▓▒▓████░▓████▓ ▓▓▓██████████░           
                                       ▓█▓▓▓▓▓█████▓          ░▒▒               
                                         ▒▓▓██▓▒░                               

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
Ann Thread
Bounty Thread
davidgdg

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:21:14 PM

[...]

Valid point.

i wish a in forum where so much wealth has been accumulated over the years, we would see much more reactions like this one in contrast to the cold-hearted "u lost big and i lol" that has been posted here.

the community should support people that are doing the difficult move to get invested in bitcoin, and it should try especially help those who have suffered losses and not laugh at them. not that the community could not afford this. it is not lacking funds. it seems it lacks empathy.

i would also donate.

Me too (though it won't be a full coin if things carry on the way they have done the last few days ...)

"There is only one thing that is seriously morally wrong with the world, and that is politics. By 'politics' I mean all that, and only what, involves the State." Jan Lester "Escape from Leviathan"
frienemy

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

I was promised da moon

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:21:32 PM

Thanks.

Sent her a PM as well. If she has email notification on, maybe she'll reply. If not, was worth a try.

Just watch out not to get scammed by others. BTW, I lost 2% of my stash at Gox, could you please donate? Wink

No, serious mode switched on again: Your offer is really generous and I appreciate that. If there were more people like you, we wouldn't need bitcoin to make the world a better place. I think I'm going to donate at least 10% of bitcoin gains to some kind of charity. We all should.

MCTRL_751 >   END OF LINE
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:24:39 PM

i would also donate.

I very much do not agree. I don't think investing into bitcoin should be accessible by grandmas at this point in time. Somebody who has never invested before should probably consider huge mutual funds with 3% yearly guaranteed returns, not the super risky and volatile tech investment. Encouraging somebody who obviously is not a professional or risk-tolerant trader would just lead to other Veronicas losing money, you are not helping, quite the contrary.

However, I very much do like the spirit of helping the good cause, as with supporting the wrong Satoshi; just don't encourage people to invest their money under a false premise that they will be helped if it all goes wrong - most of them won't. You are spawning actual losers and false beggars with acts like this. Sorry if that sounds harsh but that's how it is.

i am satoshi
oda.krell
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:26:59 PM

That's exactly my sentiment. I did well, she didn't (assuming all of this is real), why not help out a fellow human being. Really quite a simple notion.

Totally true(ish) quote. Don't you know the Feynman flowchart

Don't know how you got the "Feyman" spelling error in there. My sig says "Feynman", no?

oda.krell
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:33:55 PM

i would also donate.

I very much do not agree. I don't think investing into bitcoin should be accessible by grandmas at this point in time. Somebody who has never invested before should probably consider huge mutual funds with 3% yearly guaranteed returns, not the super risky and volatile tech investment. Encouraging somebody who obviously is not a professional or risk-tolerant trader would just lead to other Veronicas losing money, you are not helping, quite the contrary.

However, I very much do like the spirit of helping the good cause, as with supporting the wrong Satoshi; just don't encourage people to invest their money under a false premise that they will be helped if it all goes wrong - most of them won't. You are spawning actual losers and false beggars with acts like this. Sorry if that sounds harsh but that's how it is.

Absolute agreement.

That's why I'm preaching over and over again we shouldn't present Bitcoin as "the investment made in heaven" to newcomers, but instead say:

Rule 1: Read the Satoshi white paper. (Answer A) Does it get you excited? Do you feel this is going to change the world? Good, consider investing (but see rule 2). (Answer B) You have no fucking clue what all the numbers and weird math symbols mean? Please abstain from investing, for your own good.

Rule 2: Never invest more than you can afford to lose. Depending on what you earn, what your family status is, that could mean $100 or $1M. But be honest with yourself in appraising how much you really can afford to lose without going nuts (or broke).

Rule 3: You're still here? Welcome on board! Be prepared for wild price swings. Historically, price has appreciated fantastically, but nobody knows how high exactly we will go in the long run, and how much time there will be between highs and lows. If the thought of sitting on a USD net loss for more than a year makes you squeamish, you probably should invest only a fraction of what you originally had planned to put in.

davidgdg

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:54:48 PM

That's exactly my sentiment. I did well, she didn't (assuming all of this is real), why not help out a fellow human being. Really quite a simple notion.

Totally true(ish) quote. Don't you know the Feynman flowchart

Don't know how you got the "Feyman" spelling error in there. My sig says "Feynman", no?

Brilliant  Smiley

It does. I need new glasses.

joehal

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:39:32 PM

Thanks.

Thank you for your offer and generosity. And post here if you managed to find her so others can donate too.
pinksheep

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:49:30 PM

[...]

Valid point.

I think this is very admirable too. It's makes a nice change from those who continually tell people they're basically stupid & often in the rudest tone.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Ibistru

Activity: 129

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:05:39 PM

I sent her a PM too. I remembered her that she is a noob and that she should keep investing in USD. Long live noobs! Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: