Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:02:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I talked with Amazon Live Support today...  (Read 18928 times)
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2012, 09:10:01 PM

I think ThinkGeek is a decent enough target, though I don't like helping Memory Dealers competition Wink

Memory Dealers is great, but we don't need monopoly protection.  

Thank you guys for the kind words,  but I don't want or need any kind of special help.
The more electronics businesses that accept Bitcoin,  the better.

I personally know memoryx.net's owner is interested in Bitcoins.
MemoryX is a much bigger company than MemoryDealers, and they carry a product line that the general public will be much more interested in.
If they have something that you actually want to buy,  feel free to contact them and let them know that you would like to buy it with Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 09:25:49 PM

Regarding Think Geek - what if we did a massive email campaign?  Each of us emails them our own written email (not a canned email like some petitions go), requesting that they accept Bitcoin, and also making a promise to spend at least $X equivalent of Bitcoins on their products if they do start accepting it?

Good idea... perhaps start a bounty thread?
Why a bounty thread?  Who gets the bounty, and what for?
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 09:31:29 PM

Regarding Think Geek - what if we did a massive email campaign?  Each of us emails them our own written email (not a canned email like some petitions go), requesting that they accept Bitcoin, and also making a promise to spend at least $X equivalent of Bitcoins on their products if they do start accepting it?

Just put up a thread with your idea and start collecting purchase pledges... I guess not exactly a bounty, but we will give them a bounty of sales Wink.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 09:41:50 PM

Just put up a thread with your idea and start collecting purchase pledges... I guess not exactly a bounty, but we will give them a bounty of sales Wink.
Ah, got it.  Ok, I'll do that.  Can't hurt, right?  Smiley
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 09:42:34 PM

Also, I talked to Amazon support as well, just for fun.

Me:Will you accept Bitcoins as a form of payment in the near future?

Archana:Hello, Justin.
This is Archana from Amazon.

Me:Hello

Archana:We don't accept Bitcoins as a payment method on our website at this point.

Me:I heard a rumor that Amazon was considering adding it as a payment option in the future. Is it something that is at least being considered?

Archana:We'll work on it, Justin.
Is there anything else I can do for you?

Me:Amazon would have my full support if they decided to go that route. That was all, thank you.

Archana:Thanks for your feedback. I'll be sure to pass it along to the right people.
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 09:45:33 PM

I think we at least got the message through to a dozen customer service people. That's a start, maybe Tongue

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2012, 10:16:46 PM

here goes another...

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2012, 10:56:03 PM

I don't know what you guys have been doing, but some guy named Jeff just called me. Here's the transcript:

You are now connected to Bruno from BitcoinTalk.org.

Me: Hello. May I help you?

Jeff: Yes. This is Jeff B. at Amazon.com. What do you know about the recent questions we've been receiving regarding Bitcoin?

Me: Not sure what you mean, Jeff. Let me look into this. BRB! (went to take a whiz)

Jeff: K

Me: Back. It looks likes there are several people inquiring about Amazon.com accepting Bitcoin after viewing the Baker's Wife on TV last night.

Jeff: Damn! I missed it! I love Demi Moore!

Me: Me, too. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Jeff: No. Except, tell all your friends that we have a limited edition coffee table for sale by a user named Rassah.

Me: Consider it done. Bye, Jeff.

Jeff: (I think I was just put off.)

Me: (That should put him off for awhile.)

rotrott

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 11:11:25 PM

Someone should make up a coin name, start a chat, then see if you get the same canned response.
Koekiemonster

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

Bitbuy.nl!

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 11:40:33 PM

Someone should make up a coin name, start a chat, then see if you get the same canned response.

I hope you would, it shows they care about their customers. If enough people will ask about something, they might consider it though.

https://www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
Bitcointalk topic over Bitbuy!
notme
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 12:16:20 AM

I think this will just cause them to waste time looking for it.  Great way to introduce them to our little community Sad.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
bittenbob

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 01:53:17 AM

Its in their best interest to accept bitcoins. If they accept directly and another site I have to go about it in a roundabout way (ie Gift Cards) then I would definitely be picking amazon over the competition. My next purchase will be a second 6950 so this is $250 or so in sales they can take or lose.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 02:36:10 AM

I'm going ask them to tag my account and tell me when they do accept bitcoin  Cheesy

everyone hear should do the same. Wink

VillageChump

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 02:46:42 AM

I asked as well while dealing with a separate issue and I got (what looks to be the norm) "we will pass it along to the marketing dept".

I don't see BTC support coming any sooner then Paypal. But it doesn't hurt to be optimistic and it definitively doesn't hurt to ask for it.
BTCurious

Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 09:33:01 AM

I don't know what you guys have been doing, but some guy named Jeff just called me. Here's the transcript:

Jeff: Yes. This is Jeff B. at Amazon.com. What do you know about the recent questions we've been receiving regarding Bitcoin?

Me: Not sure what you mean, Jeff. Let me look into this. BRB! (went to take a whiz)

Me: Back. It looks likes there are several people inquiring about Amazon.com accepting Bitcoin after viewing the Baker's Wife on TV last night.

Jeff: No. Except, tell all your friends that we have a limited edition coffee table for sale by a user named Rassah.

You should have told him people only buy Rassah's coffee table with Bitcoin!

finway

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 09:50:38 AM

lol

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 12:24:39 PM

You should have told him people only buy Rassah's coffee table with Bitcoin!

+1 definitely  Cheesy

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
nefanon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 03:01:00 PM

I also contacted Etsy.com, here's their email response:

Thank you for writing, as well as for your idea for improving Etsy!

We do realize that many of our members would prefer to submit electronic payments on Etsy without the use of a third party processing service, such as PayPal, and we are currently taking that into consideration. While I can't really tell you when or if such a feature would be put into effect, I can assure you that it's not something we've forgotten. I will definitely pass along your link to our engineers!

Thank you so much again for your suggestion! We really do take member feedback into account when making changes to the site, so it's always nice when someone writes in with ideas. Smiley

Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, and have a nice day!
teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 05:16:10 PM

I also contacted Etsy.com, here's their email response:

Thank you for writing, as well as for your idea for improving Etsy!

We do realize that many of our members would prefer to submit electronic payments on Etsy without the use of a third party processing service, such as PayPal, and we are currently taking that into consideration. While I can't really tell you when or if such a feature would be put into effect, I can assure you that it's not something we've forgotten. I will definitely pass along your link to our engineers!

Thank you so much again for your suggestion! We really do take member feedback into account when making changes to the site, so it's always nice when someone writes in with ideas. Smiley

Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, and have a nice day!

Good call... Smiley

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 09:31:50 PM

C. Ratte from Amazon.de had no clue about bitcoin but googled it.
She asked somebody but didn't get an answer.
I asked to be added to a notification list like was discussed above but she told me to check their website and that they generally don't do such notifications.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: