Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:02:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... 325 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ENRG]Energycoin - Android Released - Bittrex -  (Read 334544 times)
energycr (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:06:52 AM

Is there anything else happening with this coin other than voting?

I don't think so, and that's a problem. If the coin isn't doing something other than trying to get on to exchanges, it won't go anywhere. There has to be a reason for people to buy them. Being part of an exchange isn't one of them.

Yeah, the coin need some good plans! I like to see a android wallet and some cool stuff with te pc wallet. And a small pc/android game.

A new wallet won't give it value. Again, it needs something working for it. A great example of two projects doing this are Blackcoin (which has its multipool to create buy pressure) and Karma (which is creating businesses that revolve around its coin).
I Agree that posting  only # is not usefull. Btw I voted and maybe after 10 normale postst a voting post is usefull to remember that we have to vote.
A multipool can be good to have buy pressure but I perifre then Solar or Wind online muntipool. When that can be done I donate 100k ENRG.

blackcoin's price only went up because they setup a multipool which had a huge hashrate. and generated 10btc a day. and easily removed huge sell walls. We don't have hashrate.
bluedude

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

y²=x3+ax+b, a=0,b=7

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:16:56 AM

I don't think so, and that's a problem. If the coin isn't doing something other than trying to get on to exchanges, it won't go anywhere. There has to be a reason for people to buy them. Being part of an exchange isn't one of them.

Even if we get to a good exchange like mintpal or poloniex, we may not survive.
Look at the number of coins demoted to LTC trades in mintpal and the number of coins getting removed from poloniex every week.

IMHO, voting and getting to major exchanges could generate just 1 week of interest and gives the dumpers a chance to dump.

If we have some solid plans, then we dont have to go through this phase of rigorous voting, as exchanges will be adding us automatically, seeing our potential
bluedude

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

y²=x3+ax+b, a=0,b=7

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:18:03 AM

Yeah, the coin need some good plans! I like to see a android wallet and some cool stuff with te pc wallet. And a small pc/android game.

A new wallet won't give it value. Again, it needs something working for it. A great example of two projects doing this are Blackcoin (which has its multipool to create buy pressure) and Karma (which is creating businesses that revolve around its coin).
I Agree that posting  only # is not usefull. Btw I voted and maybe after 10 normale postst a voting post is usefull to remember that we have to vote.
A multipool can be good to have buy pressure but I perifre then Solar or Wind online muntipool. When that can be done I donate 100k ENRG.

blackcoin's price only went up because they setup a multipool which had a huge hashrate. and generated 10btc a day. and easily removed huge sell walls. We don't have hashrate.
May be multipool is not an option then and its time to put the thinking caps on  Wink
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:28:47 AM

May be multipool is not an option then and its time to put the thinking caps on  Wink

The multipool should only be a single thing that the coin pushes for. To make sure it's worthwhile, we do need to know who all is interested in mining on it and how much hash power they can push though.

Also, new sites and businesses revolving around ENRG would help push it more value and give people a reason to invest.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
energycr (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:55:26 AM

The multipool should only be a single thing that the coin pushes for. To make sure it's worthwhile, we do need to know who all is interested in mining on it and how much hash power they can push though.

Also, new sites and businesses revolving around ENRG would help push it more value and give people a reason to invest.

To be able to make our coin worth something. Is to setup a multipool which would generate around 1 btc a day. Anything less than that is not worth it.
That would be around 500mhash/s on scrypt. I asked before how many of us have any miners? I have 1mhash/s
Let's see your mining power so we can just start a multipool?
Havelivi

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:59:23 AM

https://comkort.com/vote #57-60
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:08:04 AM

too many of this coin already, pure pos is satured also, the price reflect this

right now if it ever reach 100s would be very good
crypto4jan
Legendary

Activity: 2452
Merit: 1025

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 07:26:39 AM

That is the reason we have to be special and create other reasons that people will buy and hold ENRG.

e2wwnbU8XBcnZxSfMTwZLS7Ru6LdWHunCu
00000a5ac2dc57cfb0b92bc8be7731fe6a94a8c1c49a0d2f32e9e2da4f7d2308
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:57:51 AM

That is the reason we have to be special and create other reasons that people will buy and hold ENRG.

This right here. For whatever reason, people still don't understand where value comes from.

You can have a coin that has 1 billion total and each one be worth $10. That's a $10 billion market cap.
You can release a coin that only has ONE total, ever, and it be worth $0. That's a $0 market cap, despite being the most rare one in existence.

Coins don't magically gain value just by being created. If they did, we wouldn't need Bitcoin; each person would just make millions of new coins and everyone would be a billionaire. Coins gain value by having REASONS to get them. The number is irrelevant. How they are MINED is irrelevant. They will never have value unless people have a REASON to invest.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 08:18:36 AM

This right here. For whatever reason, people still don't understand where value comes from.

You can have a coin that has 1 billion total and each one be worth $10. That's a $10 billion market cap.
You can release a coin that only has ONE total, ever, and it be worth $0. That's a $0 market cap, despite being the most rare one in existence.

Coins don't magically gain value just by being created. If they did, we wouldn't need Bitcoin; each person would just make millions of new coins and everyone would be a billionaire. Coins gain value by having REASONS to get them. The number is irrelevant. How they are MINED is irrelevant. They will never have value unless people have a REASON to invest.
Good point. We have to think what a good REASONS can be to buy and hold ENRG!
ENRG has in my opinion a sustainable image for saving Energy. I normal multitool is not a very good idea to build on a sustainable image For ENRG.
I was reading in the BlackCoin topic and they have same good ideas. Maybe go there and see if we can impement this For ENRG. The imago of ENRG is beter than BC in my opinion, the name BlackCoin gives me not good feelings, GreenCoin sounds beter but that is not their coin name.

CoinsInTheCan

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:25:53 AM

People just don't care. Some of them are going to every single IPO to claim free stakes, then sell them for a dollar or so and move on to the next one. This is a huge issue with the freely distributed coins.

I just find that a completely idiotic mindset. I mean, if a dev abandoned a coin, or if the coin was clearly worthless, then I guess selling a cheap freebie is no big deal. But this coin is already on a real exchange, making moves for larger exchanges... it's stupid to sell at current prices.

It's not like it has languished on allcrypt for 4 months and people are just taking what they can. I wish people would use common sense. That free dollar now could be $100+ several weeks from now. I guess a coin needs a bit of turnover anyway though... weak hands and all that...

Well, look at the bright side. If you believe in a coin and people are dumping it, you can buy in cheap and make MASSIVE profits from it. Let people do what they want; just capitalize on it, Smiley.

+1

That's how the distribution goes. Most impatient people sell to next ones and they sell on a little higher prize.... and finally those who had the most patient will get highest reward, just like with BTC, LTC ... Do i need to continue the list ?

please, continue... (for altcoins)

At least NXT went from bottom to top-5 today (73 --> 35000 users), also Darkcoin and Blackoin afaik went similar root. Don't know how many others, but i assume most coins that gets to top starts from much lower cap and along the way distribution gets better and better. Quite predictibul and almost boring...
CoinsInTheCan

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:32:09 AM

ENRG has in my opinion a sustainable image for saving Energy. I normal multitool is not a very good idea to build on a sustainable image For ENRG.
I was reading in the BlackCoin topic and they have same good ideas. Maybe go there and see if we can impement this For ENRG. The imago of ENRG is beter than BC in my opinion, the name BlackCoin gives me not good feelings, GreenCoin sounds beter but that is not their coin name.

+1

EnergyCoin needs some features and something to back up the energy saving image in order to get on top.
crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 09:41:20 AM

I just started thinking about the greeniness of BLK versus PoW coins (also BTC) thanks to RJSchex post on reddit.

I think we could actually get a lot of attention to blackcoin if we had some articles made and sent them to the environmental bloggers.

The bloggers could very easily implement a BLK tipjar on their site too.

Please comment on this on http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/263e2l/words_like_sustainability_climatechange_and/

This is an interesting angle to take... you may need to come up with a way to make them attribute "black" to it though. Most would think the name is negative because they'd be thinking "go green!" Not "go black."
This is what I mean, and we can do this and also do have a green image.
This quote is from Blackcoin topic.

curT

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:12:06 AM

Promote ENRG

-Send an email to poloniex@gmail.com with a request to add Energycoin.

-Ask Poloniex to add ENRG

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=420836.0

-Vote on Mintpal every hour.

https://www.mintpal.com/voting    

-Vote on Swisscex every hour

https://www.swisscex.com/voting

Mintpal voted #1669  #1674  #1681  #1687

oogone

Activity: 260

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:26:13 AM

+1

EnergyCoin needs some features and something to back up the energy saving image in order to get on top.

I just started thinking about the greeniness of BLK versus PoW coins (also BTC) thanks to RJSchex post on reddit.

I think we could actually get a lot of attention to blackcoin if we had some articles made and sent them to the environmental bloggers.

Please comment on this on http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/263e2l/words_like_sustainability_climatechange_and/

This is an interesting angle to take... you may need to come up with a way to make them attribute "black" to it though. Most would think the name is negative because they'd be thinking "go green!" Not "go black."

To add real value to Energycoin is to get it out into the real world and promote Energycoin at first to all non-profit renewable energy institutions/organizations. If I am not wrong there are currently hundreds of these in every country around the globe, and they are growing due to the fact that renewable energy resource technology and implementation will be a technological field to see a lot of expansion in the coming years.

These non-profits could greatly benefit from Energycoin (Donations & trading) once they except it. They can then help to promote Energycoin at institutions that currently donate money for them to use Energycoin rather than fiat currency and they can get Energycoin name out by adding the "Energycoin accepted here" banner on their web sites/other media. So, if Energycoin can become a means of donating to renewable energy institutions, the coins will have to be bought and that will increase the value which will be real value unlike a lot of the other cryptocoins.

We must use all means available to achieve this... especially internet media. (What is happening with Energycoin's Twitter account?)

Once this phase is started and going well, we need to promote Energycoin at all different businesses that sell any services or goods to accept Energycoin. If it is accepted as a payment system then that will be the only time it is doing what it is supposed to be doing and that is being a cryptoCURRENCY.

It would be nice if Energycoin community can create an open structure to handle different tasks, where community members with the rightful experience and expertise could get together in for instance a sales/marketing division, research and development for the devs etc who knows?  As motivation - everyone will gain if Energycoin gains.
amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:26:30 AM

swisscex#3343-3346
crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 10:39:33 AM

+1

To add real value to Energycoin is to get it out into the real world and promote Energycoin at first to all non-profit renewable energy institutions/organizations. If I am not wrong there are currently hundreds of these in every country around the globe, and they are growing due to the fact that renewable energy resource technology and implementation will be a technological field to see a lot of expansion in the coming years.

These non-profits could greatly benefit from Energycoin (Donations & trading) once they except it. They can then help to promote Energycoin at institutions that currently donate money for them to use Energycoin rather than fiat currency and they can get Energycoin name out by adding the "Energycoin accepted here" banner on their web sites/other media. So, if Energycoin can become a means of donating to renewable energy institutions, the coins will have to be bought and that will increase the value which will be real value unlike a lot of the other cryptocoins.

We must use all means available to achieve this... especially internet media. (What is happening with Energycoin's Twitter account?)

Once this phase is started and going well, we need to promote Energycoin at all different businesses that sell any services or goods to accept Energycoin. If it is accepted as a payment system then that will be the only time it is doing what it is supposed to be doing and that is being a cryptoCURRENCY.

It would be nice if Energycoin community can create an open structure to handle different tasks, where community members with the rightful experience and expertise could get together in for instance a sales/marketing division, research and development for the devs etc who knows?  As motivation - everyone will gain if Energycoin gains.

Sorry for this BIG quote.
I totally agree wit this!

I have quite a few followers on Twitter and LinkedIn. I work for a the sustainable environment, see @Geo_Jan.
Think that it is good to also make a group on  Facebook  A promotion may be that via twitter ENRG coins you can score when going to follow. ENRGYCOIN

extremist

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:42:33 AM

DEVS, what about coin control feature? it is very important for POS coin
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:03:19 AM

I think he said he's working on it.
energycr (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:24:21 PM

official source is already updated with coin control features. I'll release the windows-qt version of the coin control features soon. Not a mandatory update though
Pages: « 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... 325 »
  Print  

Jump to: