Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:10:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty for open source ByteCoin/Monero GUI  (Read 40734 times)
BitKoot

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:46:39 PM

With the newest version I still get stuck at Address : Initializing.

I have loaded a wallet.bin that was created and still works with Simplewallet.exe

Hmm, then it means the daemon is working fine (reporting it has finished downloading the blockchain), but the wallet has a problem.

Could you send me your simplewallet.log?

From tomorrow I'll be offline for a few days, so expect radiosilence.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:01:11 PM

[wallet 45MyRL]: Error: wallet failed to connect to daemon (http://localhost:18081). Daemon either is not started or passed wrong port. Please, make sure that daemon is running or restart the wallet with correct daemon address.
[wallet 45MyRL]: No incoming transfers
[wallet 45MyRL]: Error: wallet failed to connect to daemon (http://localhost:18081). Daemon either is not started or passed wrong port. Please, make sure that daemon is running or restart the wallet with correct daemon address.
[wallet 45MyRL]: No incoming transfers

This seems to be the ouput of the wallet client, not the daemon. Could you post the output of the daemon (or at least the beginning)? I think the daemon fails to start for some reason.

hmm, please explain a dummy what daemon should I be running ?
shekelsteingoyberg2

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:14:21 PM

I have a C# RPC client in the works, GUI and function should be similar to Electrum bitcoin wallet when finished.
The RPC API isn't featured enough to perform necessary tasks (like creating a wallet), so the wallets that do that now are built into the RPC server program.
It is an inferior design to keep them coupled, instead if/when a more full-featured RPC API is available there could be a ton of feature-full wallets for CryptoNote coins.

I could continue and add basic functionality like sending coins and retrieving the balance, but it won't be useful over the internet (like a lite-wallet), and you may have to use the RPC server applications for some functionality.  
I don't intend to build the wallet into the server application like an existing solution would do.

I will use the RPC .NET library for RPC communication, and the forms app has the usual bells and whistles like minimize to tray and application settings.

But I don't see much incentive to continue work on the wallet with current RPC functionality if I can't, for instance, retrieve the user's wallet address with RPC.

http://www.filedropper.com/rpjson

BCN: 22efS6jvqBVdYTW3Za11QjJs9cPGVj42zUkqAxJyQZ5TBMxNDw2bJWpNHNVFn68xgK2i6dsucXGGrMJ qatmkt5A4FreYwG1
human

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:07:36 AM

But I don't see much incentive to continue work on the wallet with current RPC functionality if I can't, for instance, retrieve the user's wallet address with RPC.

Bounty still available? What are the conditions in order to participate?
shekelsteingoyberg2

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:50:43 AM

better RPC API in the daemon/wallet code
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 09:38:48 AM

where do i get the simplenote.exe file?
human

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:37:21 PM

What's with this?
https://wiki.bytecoin.org/wiki/High_level_Wallet_API
naimc3243

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:59:55 AM

I have loaded a wallet.bin that was created and still works with Simplewallet.exe

Hmm, then it means the daemon is working fine (reporting it has finished downloading the blockchain), but the wallet has a problem.

My log file shows :

2014-May-22 08:56:55.327824 bitmonero wallet v0.8.6.295(0.1-gdda8b34)
2014-May-22 08:56:58.248479 ERROR ..\..\src\wallet\wallet2.cpp:493 e || !exists. THROW EXCEPTION: error::file_not_found
2014-May-22 08:56:58.248479 ..\..\src\wallet\wallet2.cpp:493:struct tools::error::file_error_base<1>: file not found "C:\Program.keys"
2014-May-22 08:56:58.248479 Error: failed to load wallet: file not found "C:\Program.keys"
2014-May-22 08:56:58.248479 ERROR ..\..\src\simplewallet\simplewallet.cpp:306 could not open account
2014-May-22 08:56:58.248479 ERROR ..\..\src\simplewallet\simplewallet.cpp:1053 Failed to initialize wallet
naimc3243

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:53:04 AM

Ok I was able to fix my issue by copying all files to the root of my c:

My log file shows :

2014-May-22 08:56:55.327824 bitmonero wallet v0.8.6.295(0.1-gdda8b34)
2014-May-22 08:56:58.248479 ERROR ..\..\src\wallet\wallet2.cpp:493 e || !exists. THROW EXCEPTION: error::file_not_found
2014-May-22 08:56:58.248479 ..\..\src\wallet\wallet2.cpp:493:struct tools::error::file_error_base<1>: file not found "C:\Program.keys"
2014-May-22 08:56:58.248479 Error: failed to load wallet: file not found "C:\Program.keys"
2014-May-22 08:56:58.248479 ERROR ..\..\src\simplewallet\simplewallet.cpp:306 could not open account
2014-May-22 08:56:58.248479 ERROR ..\..\src\simplewallet\simplewallet.cpp:1053 Failed to initialize wallet

original location :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mining\monero.win.x64.0517

new

C:\monero.win.x64.0517 works from this folder
QuadraQ

Activity: 480
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 02:44:00 AM

I'm having the exact same problem and moving the folder to my C drive didn't help. I'm sending you a PM with my simplewallet.log file. Thanks for doing a good job with this gui wallet! Smiley
naimc3243

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 02:24:47 AM

Make sure you have no spaces in any of your folders, that is what causes the error.
Jojatekok

Activity: 264

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:26:50 PM

What's with this?
https://wiki.bytecoin.org/wiki/High_level_Wallet_API

Well, it does not really function the way developers want it (it returns 'status: BUSY' in most of the cases), so that's why I prefer process wrapping at the moment. But I'm building my project like a C# API for Monero, so moving to RPC would not be a very big deal.

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
Bitcoin (BTC): 14wHehBtFt321WTV15khon8Juaxh9drnfJ
vual

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:50:20 AM

I dont understand this bounty,
If it up for grabs , or is someone already working on it reserved?
Or did you just collect this bounty for somone specialty before asking other community developers?
If you do want this project complete ill have it done in 3 days, let me know cause i dont want to waist my time if you already have a dev working on it.
Best Message me if you want me to take this project on i most likely wont check back here.
vual

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:51:27 AM

Why python  Huh  I can whip up a quick Visual Basic GUI to connect to the RPC interface with an IP address

cross compilation ease

Its called "Mono" what developer wouldn't be aware of this?
tacotime (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 05:39:48 AM

https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/pull/14
I will merge that in soon, just need to test it a bit more

But you're welcome to try it for yourself.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
neozaru

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:59:51 AM

'getaddress' and 'mining_status' calls will be added if the code is accepted (value reading only).
A 'network_bc_height' will be added soon if possible, in order to retrieve the target blockchain height and following sync status from a GUI.

A Qt GUI is currently in development. (multi-platform)
It will initially use the RPC API, but the final goal is to integrate the daemon and/or the wallet directly in it with high-level libraries (Qt is good for interfacing UI with C/C++), providing more information and better reactivity.
Designing the architecture and keeping it user-friendly will probably take some time.

I haven't tested the C# wallets yet (tried 'xbuild' with Mono but throws errors), but it has probably more features for the time being Wink
BitKoot

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 08:15:25 PM

Make sure you have no spaces in any of your folders, that is what causes the error.

Thanks for pointing this out!

I have released a fix for this problem: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6522303/CryptoNoteWallet_latest.zip

'getaddress' and 'mining_status' calls will be added if the code is accepted (value reading only).
A 'network_bc_height' will be added soon if possible, in order to retrieve the target blockchain height and following sync status from a GUI.

It will initially use the RPC API, but the final goal is to integrate the daemon and/or the wallet directly in it with high-level libraries (Qt is good for interfacing UI with C/C++), providing more information and better reactivity.
Designing the architecture and keeping it user-friendly will probably take some time.

I haven't tested the C# wallets yet (tried 'xbuild' with Mono but throws errors), but it has probably more features for the time being Wink

It uses WPF, unfortunatly that is not supported on Mono. Should have gone with WinForms, that would have made it possible to run it on Mono without modifications.

Good to hear the RPC API is getting more functionality, if it has enough features I can switch to using the RPC API.
Jojatekok

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 01:57:04 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2014, 04:43:23 PM by Jojatekok

Thanks for pointing this out!

I have released a fix for this problem: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6522303/CryptoNoteWallet_latest.zip

It uses WPF, unfortunatly that is not supported on Mono. Should have gone with WinForms, that would have made it possible to run it on Mono without modifications.

Good to hear the RPC API is getting more functionality, if it has enough features I can switch to using the RPC API.

I have tested it already, but there is a huge faultiness which causes the RPC functions not to work while the daemon is busy, thus, the process of displaying data takes ages for a person with an unsynchronized blockchain.

It may be a good idea to port your project to WinForms, as I can see that your C# programming style fits that more than WPF. I would happily maintain my own project (https://github.com/Jojatekok/monero-client) as a WPF alternative with a lot of flexibility and clean design, while you could work quicker on a cross-platform solution. Porting for me would cause a lot more hassle, because I use MVVM with bindings for displaying data on WPF windows.

EDIT:

I would like to ask for the help of simplewallet developers! I noticed that when I use the argument '--password <key>' to forward the unlock key to the program, it simply just exits with the code of 1 whether the password is incorrect, without leaving an error message behind. It would be okay if the "normal" exit code of simplewallet would not be the same, or the wallet would print an "invalid password" error message before it terminates.

And also, I would appreciate if there was an option to encrypt a wallet later than its creation.

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
BitKoot

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:03:07 PM

It may be a good idea to port your project to WinForms, as I can see that your C# programming style fits that more than WPF.

You caught me redhanded Smiley. I haven't used WPF before this project. I said before I wouldn't port to WinForms any time soon, but I changed my mind. I have it running on Ubuntu 14.04.

It generally works, but needs some more testing before I'm confident enough to release it. It will be ready in a few days.

If anybody is feeling adventurous, you can get the source from the github page and compile it yourself. The output of the CryptoNoteWallet.Gui project is the one you'll need. You will need to change the wallet and daemon executable names in the CryptoNoteWallet.Gui.exe.config (they don't have extensions on linux).
Jojatekok

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:21:15 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2014, 06:12:10 PM by Jojatekok

It may be a good idea to port your project to WinForms, as I can see that your C# programming style fits that more than WPF.

You caught me redhanded Smiley. I haven't used WPF before this project. I said before I wouldn't port to WinForms any time soon, but I changed my mind. I have it running on Ubuntu 14.04.

It generally works, but needs some more testing before I'm confident enough to release it. It will be ready in a few days.

If anybody is feeling adventurous, you can get the source from the github page and compile it yourself. The output of the CryptoNoteWallet.Gui project is the one you'll need. You will need to change the wallet and daemon executable names in the CryptoNoteWallet.Gui.exe.config (they don't have extensions on linux).

It's so great of you for being cooperative! Smiley As I have promised, I'm improving the feature set of my WPF project day by day, so people can expect the first test release soon. Things which are non-functioning yet are:

• Ledger of transactions
  • Address book
  • Top menus

Some of the tasks with top priorities include localization support: The earlier it gets added, the less work it requires to be implemented.
Just to mention, the back-end already supports multiple transactions at once, and stores a list of all the transactions. I'm not planning to add support for multiple wallets running at once, as Monero provides privacy for a person with only one digital address. (So, not adding a 'Receive coins' tab is on purpose.)

As for closing the client, I have added a business indicator which shows a status message of shutting down.

EDIT: Aaaaaand, here comes the localization support! Smiley

(It's Hungarian, like me Wink)

Code:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: