Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:01:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty for open source ByteCoin/Monero GUI  (Read 40734 times)
darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:40:38 PM

Wow nice to see some screenshots, keep them coming! If you need someone to do the french translate, send me a PM.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
33zer0w0lf

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 04:57:45 PM

Mono doesn't port WPF to other platforms.
http://www.mono-project.com/WPF

The only real solution would be to either use one of the two largest platform independent GUI frameworks -> Qt or GTK+

Hmm, was afraid so. Will have to look into other UI's. As far as I can tell other parts of the .NET framework I used are all available in mono. Maybe I'll make an alternate UI which is compatible with mono (WinForms is supported, could be an option).

Meanwhile I did another update (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6522303/CryptoNoteWallet_latest.zip):
- Transactions tab implemented.
- Statusbar shows number of connected peers.
- Status bar show progress (text) while downloading blockchain.
- Log windows properly scroll to bottom on new text.

The transaction tab is very rudimentary at the moment. I plan on grouping transaction by transaction id, and offering the ability to expand them to see the individual coins send.

Next stop: mining.

<add key="MiningPoolAddresses" value="moneropool.org:5555;moneropool.com:3333;monero.crypto-pool.fr:3333;extremepool.org:3333"/>

extremepool.org:3333 needs to be updated to mro.extremepool.org:5555

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
Jojatekok

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:36:49 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 06:14:18 PM by Jojatekok

Wow nice to see some screenshots, keep them coming! If you need someone to do the french translate, send me a PM.

Thank You for your generousity and handsomeness! Although, I would not like to concentrate on the globalization yet (only setting up the system was important). I will surely notify you whether it is time to start working on translations (currently, many strings have to be added and could be changing).

I already have an idea of implementing the Transactions tab like it is in Bitcoin Core, but as a student, I have to study for the last exams of the year. From Monday, I'll probably start having more free time, so I can work on Monero Client almost as much as I would like to.

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
Bitcoin (BTC): 14wHehBtFt321WTV15khon8Juaxh9drnfJ
BitKoot

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:43:57 PM

I have pushed another update (v 0.2): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6522303/CryptoNoteWallet_latest.zip

New in this update:

- The startup screen where the user can pick a wallet now asks for the path to the wallet files. The choosen path will be remembered.
- Progress indicator when shutting down (could take a long time sometimes).
- Transactions are grouped by transaction ID for a better overview.
- The log windows now only show messages which are not handled by the wallet. This way you can spot more easily if something goes wrong.
- Linux support
  - You need Mono 3.2 (sudo apt-get install mono-runtime)
  - As far as I can tell, that's all. You can start the application with 'mono CryptoNoteWallet.exe'
  - At the moment the wallet path is not saved on mono, so it is most convenient to put the
    CryptoNoteWallet files in the same directory as the wallet files, that way you will not have
    to enter the correct path each time you run the application.

I am really curious to hear from Linux users who are willing to try out the application.

extremepool.org:3333 needs to be updated to mro.extremepool.org:5555
Done.
surfer43

Activity: 560

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 11:22:43 PM

I tried it on Ubuntu. Sometimes  when I select text in the Daemon log window it crashes. Then bitmonerod becomes a zombie process
http://pastebin.com/FKmifxY3

I can't get it to transfer MRO either, and don't know why because there isn't any output in the wallet log window.
Jojatekok

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:33:17 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2014, 06:22:42 AM by Jojatekok

I tried it on Ubuntu. Sometimes  when I select text in the Daemon log window it crashes. Then bitmonerod becomes a zombie process

I can't get it to transfer MRO either, and don't know why because there isn't any output in the wallet log window.

I have an idea for avoiding zombie processes, which should be implemented to both .NET projects (WinForms and WPF):

There should be a Launcher application which doesn't create a window, but starts the Client (GUI). It should also read the settings of the GUI somehow, in order to get the file name of the wallet, the daemon, and the miner. After the Client exits, the Launcher should check whether those processes are still running, and if they are, it should just simply kill them. (If a crash has happened already, then it doesn't really matter whether the wallet and blockchain states are saved.)

TL;DR: There should be a wrapper called 'Launcher' for the GUI which kills all the related processes if the Client crashes.

EDIT: In order to implement transactions with dates visible, I would have to retrieve the information of a block height, which - with the current, process-wrapping, event-based reply system - is a lot of hassle. I would be very happy if the API evolved to a level which could be usable. (It should not return "busy" whether it hasn't yet synchronized with the network.)

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
BitKoot

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 07:37:41 AM

Thanks for the feedback! The transfer should work now (redownload the files from the link in my previous post).

I have been able to reproduce the crash when selecting log text (very weird, nothing special happens there so it seems this is one of the quircks where mono behaves differently from the .net framework). I will look into this (might be I just have to disable selecting text and add a copy to clipboard button to get around the problem).

TL;DR: There should be a wrapper called 'Launcher' for the GUI which kills all the related processes if the Client crashes.
This could be a solution, but I prefer it if I could prevent crashes al together. I think that should be the the goal instead of adding another process which monitors other processes.
Jojatekok

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:46:02 AM

Thanks for the feedback! The transfer should work now (redownload the files from the link in my previous post).

I have been able to reproduce the crash when selecting log text (very weird, nothing special happens there so it seems this is one of the quircks where mono behaves differently from the .net framework). I will look into this (might be I just have to disable selecting text and add a copy to clipboard button to get around the problem).

This could be a solution, but I prefer it if I could prevent crashes al together. I think that should be the the goal instead of adding another process which monitors other processes.

Well yeah, you're right, but it could be used for prevention of bad stuff happening on PCs of non-tech-savvy people who don't know how the GUI's process wrapping works. Every application which depends on an internet connection should be handled very carefully. I have been using the concept of Launcher in EECloud, and it just worked like charm.

I know that in the long term, we are all going for perfectionism, but we can never be sure whether a new daemon version released silently contains message modifications which our Clients cannot handle correctly.

At the time of writing this post, I'm in the middle of creating a debug window in order to easily track and hunt down bugs, and reduce the amount of redundant calls (for example, refer to the case of trying to refresh the wallet while the daemon is busy).

Code:
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 02:02:19 PM

Very nice guys. When you are ready pm me to translate everything in Greek also.
Jojatekok

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:26:49 PM

Here we go, I've just successfully implemented process input/output logging. The next step is to make both the code and the log format cleaner. Wink

Code:
QuadraQ

Activity: 480

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:51:51 AM

I'm unable to send any MRO without a payment ID using your GUI even though, as I understand it, a payment ID is not a requirement.
BitKoot

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:24:44 PM

I'm unable to send any MRO without a payment ID using your GUI even though, as I understand it, a payment ID is not a requirement.
Are you referering to my wallet? You can just leave the payment ID field empty if you don't want to include the payment id.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 04:13:56 PM

Are you referering to my wallet? You can just leave the payment ID field empty if you don't want to include the payment id.

I've been looking at your code, very clean and clear...
And like that you've been working with WPF.

A modern, distinctive, creative wallet is very important...
You should check out the SilkCoin wallet as an example (also the SC web site). 

Don't be afraid to experiment with "money" graphics...
Check out note design throughout the ages:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=money&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=vk-LU-zcC-Xo8QH7gYG4CA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1217&bih=925#q=bank+note+design&tbm=isch

QuadraQ

Activity: 480

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:09:34 AM

Actually no, but so far all of my attempts to send monero using your GUI have failed. If I leave the payment ID blank it gives me the error message that the Payment ID is in the wrong format. If I fill it in, then it tells me the payment address is invalid.
regnevacs

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:51:29 AM

keep it going guys.  Grin
Jojatekok

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:37:19 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2014, 06:10:48 PM by Jojatekok

I've been looking at your code, very clean and clear...
And like that you've been working with WPF.

A modern, distinctive, creative wallet is very important...
You should check out the SilkCoin wallet as an example (also the SC web site).  

Don't be afraid to experiment with "money" graphics...
Check out note design throughout the ages:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=money&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=vk-LU-zcC-Xo8QH7gYG4CA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1217&bih=925#q=bank+note+design&tbm=isch

Do you mean my WPF wallet or BitKoot's project? Smiley

And thanks for everyone for all the support we get! I am currently working on making the logger's code better (so it should be limited to 300 lines at most), but making the scrollbar stay where it is (without autoscroll) is not as easy as I've expected.

Nevermind, I'll just simply comment this for TODO, and just leave it lying there, as it is a lot more important to implement the transactions tab correctly (so I can release the first test version).

EDIT: Look what I have for today! Wink

Code:
BitKoot

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:56:22 PM

Actually no, but so far all of my attempts to send monero using your GUI have failed. If I leave the payment ID blank it gives me the error message that the Payment ID is in the wrong format. If I fill it in, then it tells me the payment address is invalid.

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with my wallet. I have test the sending and receiving of coins with my wallet with and without payment id. They both still seem to work ok. Could it be there is a space somewhere in your destination address or in the payment id textbox?

Looking good!

I see you also have a 'spend/received' column. I just noticed in my own wallet this might be wrong. I had test wallets where the amount of spend and received combined dit not add up to the actual balance. When executing the 'incoming_transfers' command at the command line, with the 'available' or 'unavailable' argument you'll see you get the transactions of type 'F' or 'T' respectivly. I don't think the types correspond to received and spend. I changed the type column to 'Availablity'.

Maybe someone else knows the relation between availablity, the 'T' and 'F' type transactions and spending and receiving coins?

A minor update of my wallet:
- Wallet update status is shown in status bar (just like updating the blockchain, updating the wallet can take some time)
- Transaction grid now adds new transaction instead of clearing the whole grid every time it refreshes
- Changed spend/received to unavailable/available
surfer43

Activity: 560

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:17:29 PM

BitKoot: for pool mining, can you make it use cpuminer instead of simpleminer?
Jojatekok

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:44:55 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2014, 08:57:50 PM by Jojatekok

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with my wallet. I have test the sending and receiving of coins with my wallet with and without payment id. They both still seem to work ok. Could it be there is a space somewhere in your destination address or in the payment id textbox?

Looking good!

I see you also have a 'spend/received' column. I just noticed in my own wallet this might be wrong. I had test wallets where the amount of spend and received combined dit not add up to the actual balance. When executing the 'incoming_transfers' command at the command line, with the 'available' or 'unavailable' argument you'll see you get the transactions of type 'F' or 'T' respectivly. I don't think the types correspond to received and spend. I changed the type column to 'Availablity'.

Maybe someone else knows the relation between availablity, the 'T' and 'F' type transactions and spending and receiving coins?

A minor update of my wallet:
- Wallet update status is shown in status bar (just like updating the blockchain, updating the wallet can take some time)
- Transaction grid now adds new transaction instead of clearing the whole grid every time it refreshes
- Changed spend/received to unavailable/available

Thank you for notifying me, I'll surely have a look at this. But the incoming transaction parser should work perfectly. On a side note, I have noticed that a new cmd wallet is in the works on the base repository, ByteCoin. I hope that will fix those issues. I'm also curious about what the 1-4 digit number (some kind of index if I recall correctly - I'm writing these lines from mobile) means at the initial loading of transactions...

They should obviously be changed to block heights, as they would be easier to query from the RPC API than TX IDs. As you can see, I have already reduced the amount of commands given out by the wallet, and the refreshing cycle starts only after the daemon has synchronized with the network (so it isn't busy), see the RpcInitialized event of API/ProcessManagers/DaemonManager. I will be able to get transaction dates when I implement basic RPC support, which is easy to do (based on the concept of my MintPal API implementation.

https://github.com/Jojatekok/monero-client

Code:
pouyaye

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:14:46 PM

is bounty still on?

I can make a nice BCN/MRO GUI wallet if you like.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: