Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:59:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty for open source ByteCoin/Monero GUI  (Read 40734 times)
neozaru

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 07:28:52 AM

Hello.

btc-mike > I saw the work of cryptozoidberg on his Wallet. I decided to not fork it for multiple reasons :
- It is a very fresh work and I think he spent time on it. I guess forking it would be a bit frustrating for him. (even if it's in open-source philosophy)
- bitmonero-qt provides many features too with the same advantages.
- cryptozoidberg chose webkit-based UI. I chose QtQuick2-based UI. I want to see the advantages of QtQuick2 (fresh technology, future Androis/iOS compatibility ?)

jwinterm > Tried your Wallet and it works fine

Some remarks or improvements :

- All controls (launch daemon) are manuals. Maybe an option to launch it automatically could be good.
- Daemon/Simplewallet windows are visible. Useful for debugging but some users don't want to see them.
- What are these red circles when I click ? Tongue
- It's a good idea to ask user confirmation before sending funds
- Daemon and Wallet info retrieval (balance, blocks) works fine
- Wallet creation works fine too.
- You should scan some standard directories ($HOME ?) for listing available wallets instead of only the local one.
- Subprocesses are not stopped when closing the main Window, but the main window itself doesn't seem to close the Python program.
- Good overall ergonomy despite allthing is "manual". But after all, GUI Wallets are for experienced users only at this stage Wink
- Worked without pain on my (Arch) Linux (thank you Python and Kivy)
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crypto_zoidberg

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 12:07:25 PM

Hello.

btc-mike > I saw the work of cryptozoidberg on his Wallet. I decided to not fork it for multiple reasons :
- It is a very fresh work and I think he spent time on it. I guess forking it would be a bit frustrating for him. (even if it's in open-source philosophy)
- bitmonero-qt provides many features too with the same advantages.
- cryptozoidberg chose webkit-based UI. I chose QtQuick2-based UI. I want to see the advantages of QtQuick2 (fresh technology, future Androis/iOS compatibility ?)

BBR GUI is welcom to fork.
But i understand you and respect your work, and wish you a luck with QtQuick2.

zoidberg

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1104

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:57:42 PM

jwinterm > Tried your Wallet and it works fine

Some remarks or improvements :

- All controls (launch daemon) are manuals. Maybe an option to launch it automatically could be good.
- Daemon/Simplewallet windows are visible. Useful for debugging but some users don't want to see them.
- What are these red circles when I click ? Tongue
- It's a good idea to ask user confirmation before sending funds
- Daemon and Wallet info retrieval (balance, blocks) works fine
- Wallet creation works fine too.
- You should scan some standard directories ($HOME ?) for listing available wallets instead of only the local one.
- Subprocesses are not stopped when closing the main Window, but the main window itself doesn't seem to close the Python program.
- Good overall ergonomy despite allthing is "manual". But after all, GUI Wallets are for experienced users only at this stage Wink
- Worked without pain on my (Arch) Linux (thank you Python and Kivy)

thanks neozaru,
It should actually show a popup when you click the transfer button, asking you to confirm, then another showing tx id. It took me a while to figure out the popup with two buttons. I know it's not always closing all the subprocesses everytime you exit, but it does seem to work sometimes, I've been having trouble figuring that out. I think I'm going to abandon the multiprocessing module all together in favor of threads/threading (as apparently android doesn't support multiprocessing and it's making exe creation more difficult), so that will give me a chance to review it. Honestly not sure about the red circles, but thanks for testing and suggestions! I'm gonna try and build your qt-wallet on debian today Smiley
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:21:06 AM

Hi neozaru,
Trying to build your bitmonero-qt app on debian wheezy, and I'm getting an error during make:
Code:
Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: quick qml
make: *** [sub-app-make_first-ordered] Error 3
I also tried:
Code:
apt-get install qml
and
Code:
apt-get install qml-module-qt*

but still getting the same error during make. Any ideas?
neozaru

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:15:53 AM

Hi neozaru,
Trying to build your bitmonero-qt app on debian wheezy, and I'm getting an error during make:
Code:
I also tried:
Code:
apt-get install qml
and
Code:

Try :
apt-get install qtdeclarative5-dev

The ubuntu-sdk may also work in Ubuntu (?)

I it doesn't work, I will try on an empty VM. What is your distribution ?
thaitunhi1606

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:37:50 AM

Plz help me. I cant get coin.

Jojatekok

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:35:06 AM

Guess what's coming up?! Wink Right, it's RPC support Smiley

Please note that the code above is only used for testing, that's why it may look ugly Cheesy

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
Bitcoin (BTC): 14wHehBtFt321WTV15khon8Juaxh9drnfJ
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:16:27 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2014, 12:34:08 PM by jwinterm

Hi neozaru,
Code:
I also tried:
Code:
apt-get install qml
and
Code:

Try :

OK, I'm on a different computer, but they are both Debian Wheezy with sources set to testing (is that Sid?). Anyway, I was able to make after installing the stuff recommended in the git Readme and adding "apt-get install qtdeclarative5-dev"...however, I've run into a new problem now: the program crashes on launch. Here is the output from the first time I tried to run (after moving bitmonerod and simplewallet executables to bitmonero-qt/app folder):

http://pastebin.com/kb3s7A78

So, I did "apt-get install libqt5declarative5" got the same error, then tried "apt-get install qtquick1*" which installed another 300 MB of stuff, but this time made some improvement. I'm able to launch the program now, still having some issues with fonts though. Here is the output from the console on launch:

http://pastebin.com/xvQ5VZd8

Seemed OK on launch, however when I got to the import wallet wizard, I see this:

I'm guessing it's related to this portion of the console output:
Code:
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/65-droid-sans-fonts.conf", line 103: Having multiple values in <test> isn't supported and may not work as expected
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/65-droid-sans-fonts.conf", line 138: Having multiple values in <test> isn't supported and may not work as expected

Not sure what to do about it tho...

Jojatekok

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:05:09 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2014, 03:16:30 PM by Jojatekok

I am looking for people who are willing to translate the WPF Client for the currency of future!

The time has finally come for this announcement, as the core functions of my GUI implementation are already working flawlessly. Luckily, anyone can translate the project easily through the web without any kind of knowledge related to programming. You will need to register first, and then request a translation of the desired language.

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/monero-client/resource/resources-resx/

Thank You for your contribution! Smiley

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
neozaru

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:30:07 PM

Hi neozaru,
Code:
I also tried:
Code:
apt-get install qml
and
Code:

Try :

OK, I'm on a different computer, but they are both Debian Wheezy with sources set to testing (is that Sid?). Anyway, I was able to make after installing the stuff recommended in the git Readme and adding "apt-get install qtdeclarative5-dev"...however, I've run into a new problem now: the program crashes on launch. Here is the output from the first time I tried to run (after moving bitmonerod and simplewallet executables to bitmonero-qt/app folder):

http://pastebin.com/kb3s7A78

So, I did "apt-get install libqt5declarative5" got the same error, then tried "apt-get install qtquick1*" which installed another 300 MB of stuff, but this time made some improvement. I'm able to launch the program now, still having some issues with fonts though. Here is the output from the console on launch:

http://pastebin.com/xvQ5VZd8

Seemed OK on launch, however when I got to the import wallet wizard, I see this:
https://i.imgur.com/oO41k8N.png

I'm guessing it's related to this portion of the console output:
Code:
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/65-droid-sans-fonts.conf", line 103: Having multiple values in <test> isn't supported and may not work as expected
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/65-droid-sans-fonts.conf", line 138: Having multiple values in <test> isn't supported and may not work as expected

Not sure what to do about it tho...

This seems to be a platform-dependent problem. I will try on my Wheezy VM tonight and compile some binaries and/or instructions for this specific platform
BitKoot

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:58:38 PM

Plz help me. I cant get coin.

Don't panic. Your coins are there. The 'unavailable' means the coins have been spent in an earlier transaction (for the most part, I'm still figuring out what it exactly means). It does not mean you should receive them, but haven't yet.

On another (crypto)note, I finally found some time again to put some work in my wallet.

New in this version (download):
- Separate windows for wallet and daemon log
- Much smoother output of log lines (no more jittering and jumping around)
- Ability to send custom commands to wallet and daemon
- Name change (CryptoNote Wallet --> Monero Wallet)

jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:22:54 PM

This seems to be a platform-dependent problem. I will try on my Wheezy VM tonight and compile some binaries and/or instructions for this specific platform

OK, well, just noticed that when I shutdown, the dialog for shutting down also had the same kind of messed up box font...and when I restarted VM it seems like I totally killed gnome3 desktop Shocked

So, I think I must have screwed something up with my reckless apt-getting, but would be glad if you or some others could test it out on debian too.
TheNobodies

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:56:01 PM

i need binary for windows, it is possible?
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 08:09:02 PM

i need binary for windows, it is possible?

it's certainly possible...but I don't think it's available at the moment
Jojatekok

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:04:15 AM

Hooray! The time has come again to announce something which is worth to mention Wink

Today, I am happily introducing the use of job objects in Monero Client. This means that on a sudden crash of the Client which makes the main process killed terminates the subprocesses, including bitmonerod.exe and simplewallet.exe.

TL;DR: No more ghost processes wooooohoo! Smiley

Code:
neozaru

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:46:05 AM

jwinterm > I tried a fresh debian 7 yesterday in a VM. I swtiched to sid and got the same problem. I tried to do a complete system upgrade and that broke the Xfce session manager. Can't figure out if it is related to VM or a bad package.
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:03:51 PM

jwinterm > I tried a fresh debian 7 yesterday in a VM. I swtiched to sid and got the same problem. I tried to do a complete system upgrade and that broke the Xfce session manager. Can't figure out if it is related to VM or a bad package.

yea, I really screwed up gdm/gnome3...probably just start over with fresh VM. Have you tested on Ubuntu yet? Maybe I'll see if 14.04 is any better...
neozaru

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:05:56 PM

yea, I really screwed up gdm/gnome3...probably just start over with fresh VM. Have you tested on Ubuntu yet? Maybe I'll see if 14.04 is any better...

I tested on Ubuntu 13 and 14 and compiled some binaries last Week-End. Worked fine.
I will retry this Week-End with current branch and write build instructions.
Jojatekok

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:44:38 AM

Monero Client's first test release is here!

I have been working very hard in the past days in order to make everything ready for the first test version of the WPF Monero Client to be deployed for the public. The next few releases will not have a changelog, as I will focus on the development instead. (Commits tell about most of the changes anyway.)

I am proudly announcing that the application is now ready for testing. Please report any bugs or annoyances you occur, so I can fix them ASAP.

Here is the link for the downloads:
https://github.com/Jojatekok/monero-client/releases

I noticed that the x86 version of bitmonerod.exe is buggy for me, so I recommend everyone to use the x64 architecture if possible. Please note that the slow shutdown is due to saving the blockchain and wallet data. The option for disabling these steps will be implemented in the near future, as all the data are saved every 2nd minute.

Translators are still needed in order to reach everyone in the world with Monero's innovations. PM me for more details if You are interested! Smiley

Code:
onemorebtc

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 04:22:11 PM

Monero Client's first test release is here!

I have been working very hard in the past days in order to make everything ready for the first test version of the WPF Monero Client to be deployed for the public. The next few releases will not have a changelog, as I will focus on the development instead. (Commits tell about most of the changes anyway.)

I am proudly announcing that the application is now ready for testing. Please report any bugs or annoyances you occur, so I can fix them ASAP.

Here is the link for the downloads:
https://github.com/Jojatekok/monero-client/releases

I noticed that the x86 version of bitmonerod.exe is buggy for me, so I recommend everyone to use the x64 architecture if possible. Please note that the slow shutdown is due to saving the blockchain and wallet data. The option for disabling these steps will be implemented in the near future, as all the data are saved every 2nd minute.

Translators are still needed in order to reach everyone in the world with Monero's innovations. PM me for more details if You are interested! Smiley

nice work.. the win64 build stops after a few seconds tough - just tell me if you need any logs.
what i dont like: monerod has a very nice rpc-wallet interface. even bitcoin tries to seperate wallet and daemon: why did you take the other direction?

transfer 3 onemorebtc.k1024.de 1
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: