Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:00:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you really think that you can predict bitcoin price?  (Read 902 times)
etheral (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:41:10 AM

Can anyone at this stage really predict what the price of bitcoin will be? How many different variables there are, probably thousands if not more... even a butterfly effect can cause a huge surge or a very sudden decline in price... mostly, it's people trying to predict what the hivemind will do and sell before the majority decides to do so or buy before the majority decides to do so.... so from this perspective, you are just trying to outsmart other bitcoin users and make money of them... so it's a bunch of people playing with their money and trying to outsmart each other... All this bitcoin speculation reminds me of a game in which you have to tap other person's hand before the other person does that
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:42:35 AM

This thread aims to find out:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=581155.0
bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:44:19 AM

Predict, no but it is common to be able to determine if your in a bear or bull market.  If price fluctuation is not good and going down or slowly up and down (this is bear) -Kind of like it is now.  You can short term predict that it may stay like this (so you can day trade hoping it goes down).

If there is fluctuation and its going up (and you are using bitcoinwisdom and other charts, you may think that it is a bull market) (and you see buy or sell orders) and you can predict on an uptrend (or downtrend).

So, I don't think anyone can 100% determine the price.  But there are indications on when it can go up/down or just stay the same for the time being.
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:01:32 AM

obviously, speculation is a game of probability. If you use your experience, your knowledge, and your philosophy, you may have an edge in the game.

Tx2000

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:19:13 AM

I predict that it's going to crash.   And tomorrow I'll be back to say it's going to the moon.  Pretty much sums up 99% of the posts in this forum in some degree or another.
gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 01:13:26 PM

You can really predict the price according to markets and other aspects but the real question is: Does bitcoins price really depends on them? If not you know the answer what bitcoin is then.
r34tr783tr78

Activity: 481
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:23:34 AM

At least, you can identify the dominant trend. As long as you trade the trend, the chances of making money will be higher than the ones of losing it.

TrailingComet

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:51:09 AM

I believe that the long term is reasonably rosy
DOn't know when long term begins, dont pretend to have a call on the vol until then
So no speculation for me, don't have the guts or the time

rudius

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:52:10 AM

I sure can. Not sure anybody else can tho...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: