Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:23:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][UVC] UniversityCoin | UniversityCoin.Org - Pure PoS | 9M coins mined  (Read 135283 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mckeo5514

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:34:48 PM

I think chinas woke up, someones buying

uvc: UceKHoz9GawYLXJWMXS4Zorae7xfckhJ9H
GLC: GSofp3XECUPRQL4M9Wh2gnbrZGVBSusqiT
BitcoinNEW: 15b3cJSZYNC5m7nQ9X6U5PnC11LRNPdCMa
jakecrow

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:39:34 PM

Gotta say it's pretty cool that the dev followed up on his promise to give some compensation for people who rented rigs. I don't do that personally so this didn't affect me at all, but I don't think I've ever seen a dev do that before.
rudius

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:42:41 PM

Gotta say it's pretty cool that the dev followed up on his promise to give some compensation for people who rented rigs. I don't do that personally so this didn't affect me at all, but I don't think I've ever seen a dev do that before.

Yes, one of many reasons that i invest in it.
UniversityCoin (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:43:01 PM

guys, the hidden coins were in the genesis block. So this is impossible that a 51% attack could have put them there. Plus there was some code in the wallet to hide the true number of available coins. This was a very smart scam. 3B coins hidden in the genesis block.

I hope that s not the case here, maybe it would be good to have a review of the code by someone.

edit: i just reviewed the code and there isn t the same code that was used for ShaCoin or AsiaCoin to hide the coins.

Thank you for clarification Smiley

you are welcome. Understand that s nothing personal but this is difficult time for POS coin right now Smiley

This is a difficult time for altcoins in general! Scams left-right and centre, pump and dumps on the daily, dishonest devs, lying, cheating... We fully understand your concerns and encourage as much skepticism and constructive criticism as possible so we can prove ourselves to you guys. To be honest, being legit and up front is the single most effective differentiation in this new marketplace. Mix that with our long term strategy, growing team, exceptional target market, and we have the recipe to success here. It won't happen overnight though guys, so we need to stay focused.

Regarding some of the messages above, we e-mailed MintPal yesterday however haven't gotten a response yet. There could be two reasons for this - Maybe because it's the weekend and they like to enjoy it, or, maybe they will just add us straight to their exchange. We have seen many coins get listed straight away without going on the voting page first, so maybe that will happen with UVC? Pure speculation though.

We are currently in talks with some multipool developers and are pushing to have one ready for the end of PoW. If we can't make the deadline, we will get ourselves listed as a payout on currently operational multipools for the end of PoW.

Also, we have initiated a BitcoinTalk-wide search for an android developer who has experience with PoS coins. We definitely have a bounty for this, so please look around, ask around, and PM us with anything you find. We want to find the right person ASAP and get this project accomplished by the end of the month.
UniversityCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:44:14 PM

WHAT THE ****
received 60 UVC for remedies.it's 0.00096718 BTC at the actual price !!!! at launch i spent 0.002 BTC for rigs!!! it's less the half of what i spent  Lips sealed Lips sealed
we talk about remedies RIGHT? not about charity  Undecided

I spent 0.56 btc renting a rig, i mined a different coin after failed launch, and lost 0.25btc, honestly its a risk that you take when you rent a rig, no one forced you, and usually most devs would not have even considered giving any remedy.

+1

I was shocked the devs offered any sort of reimbursement at all, definitely not something most would do. I also rented a rig for the initial launch but switched to mine another coin so I didn't even bother asking for any money back.

I've seen someone in here mentioning that they're already getting coins from stake? Has anyone else? Is this intentional?

Yes, it should happen. The PoS started with PoW Smiley
jakecrow

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:51:03 PM

guys, the hidden coins were in the genesis block. So this is impossible that a 51% attack could have put them there. Plus there was some code in the wallet to hide the true number of available coins. This was a very smart scam. 3B coins hidden in the genesis block.

I hope that s not the case here, maybe it would be good to have a review of the code by someone.

edit: i just reviewed the code and there isn t the same code that was used for ShaCoin or AsiaCoin to hide the coins.

you are welcome. Understand that s nothing personal but this is difficult time for POS coin right now Smiley

This is a difficult time for altcoins in general! Scams left-right and centre, pump and dumps on the daily, dishonest devs, lying, cheating... We fully understand your concerns and encourage as much skepticism and constructive criticism as possible so we can prove ourselves to you guys. To be honest, being legit and up front is the single most effective differentiation in this new marketplace. Mix that with our long term strategy, growing team, exceptional target market, and we have the recipe to success here. It won't happen overnight though guys, so we need to stay focused.

Regarding some of the messages above, we e-mailed MintPal yesterday however haven't gotten a response yet. There could be two reasons for this - Maybe because it's the weekend and they like to enjoy it, or, maybe they will just add us straight to their exchange. We have seen many coins get listed straight away without going on the voting page first, so maybe that will happen with UVC? Pure speculation though.

We are currently in talks with some multipool developers and are pushing to have one ready for the end of PoW. If we can't make the deadline, we will get ourselves listed as a payout on currently operational multipools for the end of PoW.

Also, we have initiated a BitcoinTalk-wide search for an android developer who has experience with PoS coins. We definitely have a bounty for this, so please look around, ask around, and PM us with anything you find. We want to find the right person ASAP and get this project accomplished by the end of the month.

Mintpal tends to add new coins based on volume, which simply isn't there on Bittrex. Poloniex would typically be the next stepping stone as they are usually more receptive to newer coins that don't yet have 100+BTC volume. I'd really recommend getting in touch with them, do it again if you've already done it. Tweet to them, etc. They'll put it up and then you can see some better trade volume which is healthy for new coins.
rudius

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:54:25 PM

Mintpal tends to add new coins based on volume, which simply isn't there on Bittrex. Poloniex would typically be the next stepping stone as they are usually more receptive to newer coins that don't yet have 100+BTC volume. I'd really recommend getting in touch with them, do it again if you've already done it. Tweet to them, etc. They'll put it up and then you can see some better trade volume which is healthy for new coins.

+1 only the volume is important for an exchange. As i said before, the bigger the volume the better the distribution.
UniversityCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 12:17:59 AM

Everything said above we agree with, it's all about volume.

Poloniex has been contacted, and we've popped into the TrollBox once or twice to see what people think about us. Apparently the owner has been considering listing UVC, and the people in the trollbox gave us some advice about how to go about contacting him, so we sent the e-mail, didn't get a response yet. However we do have some supporters over there.  I think these major exchanges must be monitoring our progress to see if the interest will be there, and we personally believe there would be huge interest. Ideally, this is what we'd like to see:

- Poloniex list UVC before PoW ends
- MintPal list UVC in the following week after PoW
- Cryptsy in maybe a month or two

We're going to start contacting some crypto-blogs and websites to feature us so we can bring more interest. If you guys would like to contact your favourite blog owners regarding UVC as well, please do!

Also do you guys think we should contact some smaller exchanges to list us? Or just shoot for the majors?
lvyuan95

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 12:21:13 AM

Poloniex has been contacted, and we've popped into the TrollBox once or twice to see what people think about us. Apparently the owner has been considering listing UVC, and the people in the trollbox gave us some advice about how to go about contacting him, so we sent the e-mail, didn't get a response yet. However we do have some supporters over there.  I think these major exchanges must be monitoring our progress to see if the interest will be there, and we personally believe there would be huge interest. Ideally, this is what we'd like to see:

We're going to start contacting some crypto-blogs and websites to feature us so we can bring more interest. If you guys would like to contact your favourite blog owners regarding UVC as well, please do!

Also do you guys think we should contact some smaller exchanges to list us? Or just shoot for the majors?

No need for small exchanges at all  Wink
rudius

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 12:22:59 AM

looks like a good plan. Poloniex and Mintpal are the next steps.

edit : I agree that small exchanges are not the priority.
jakecrow

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 12:27:08 AM

Sounds great, and yeah I wouldn't worry about pursuing the smaller exchanges. They will add you on their own if they want. Poloniex has been distracted the last day too (some attack on their servers) so keep that in mind.
UniversityCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 12:38:50 AM

Definitely. Thanks for the advise guys, we really appreciate it.

We will just continue on our path and will surely be noticed!

Blogs are being contacted this weekend so we should be making some more media appearances at the beginning of the week. Let us know what blogs we should contact too.
rudius

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 12:40:49 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 12:53:53 AM by rudius

Definitely. Thanks for the advise guys, we really appreciate it.

We will just continue on our path and will surely be noticed!

Blogs are being contacted this weekend so we should be making some more media appearances at the beginning of the week. Let us know what blogs we should contact too.

I didn t see a sub redit forum in the first post. I dont go often there, but i know that a lot of people do.

edit: an IRC channel would be great also
cjp007

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 12:43:29 AM

Just wanted to say I am really impressed with the Dev's activeness!  Wink
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 12:55:00 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 01:35:54 AM by Vann

Just wanted to say I am really impressed with the Dev's activeness!  Wink

+1 The way the relaunch was handled has been a 110% success and set an example that hopefully more Dev's will follow if they want to see their coin succeed. From the measures he took to ensure a fair start for everyone with the wallets available prior to launch, the increasing block reward to ensure no insta-mining and prompt responses to every question and suggestion. Even going out of his way to reimburse those that had rented rigs for the prior launch. If you rent rigs for a coin launch, you do so at your own risk, IMO. From start to finish the Dev should be commended for his efforts!

UniversityCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 01:12:18 AM

+1 The way the relaunch was handled has been a 110% success and set an example that hopefully more Dev's will follow if they want to see their coin succeed. From the measures he took to ensure a fair start for everyone with the wallets available prior to launch, the increasing block reward to ensure no insta-mining and prompt responses to every question and suggestion. Even going out of his way to reimburse those that had rented rigs for the prior launch. If you rent rigs for a coin launch, you do so at your own risk, IMO. From start to finish the Dev should be commended for his efforts!

+ ∞  Smiley 

Thanks guys!
lexusivan888

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 02:16:34 AM

+ ∞  Smiley 

Thanks guys!

guys, we still have a long way to go.... u r celebrating too early..... Embarrassed

kick in another exchange,, priority no.1

list on coinmaketcap.com,, priority no.2

n3rfherder

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:48:08 AM

+ ∞  Smiley 

Thanks guys!

guys, we still have a long way to go.... u r celebrating too early..... Embarrassed

+1
Mesciator

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:56:57 AM

+ ∞  Smiley 

Thanks guys!

long way to go, indeed. UVC is still very young.
cleanbaldy

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:58:01 AM

Hey all.  I was drinking the magic moon juice over at whitecoin.   There's zero activity on social media for them now and I just decided to sell all of my bag (even at a profit!) just now.

I've heard from a few people that I should come say hello over here.   How's things?   You have a working wallet and a dev team that won't rob me?    Anyone check the code for that hidden block holding 300 billion coins?  Smiley

I'm switching my miners over to UVC tonight.  Just wanted to say hi.  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: