Bitcoin Forum
September 04, 2024, 11:19:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Boxing Fans... Top 10 Pound for Pound? (updated 6/16/2017) & betting discussions  (Read 6877 times)
keithers (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:25:55 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2017, 10:20:51 PM by keithers

Hey all...are there any boxing fans out there?  Big fight this weekend with Mayweather Jr. Vs Maidana.   Did any of you place any bets?   Mayweather is heavy favorite and will probably win by wide Unanimous Decision, but I put in a long shot bet on Maidana because of his punching power and he was +850 when I put my bet in.

If Maidana wins, I win a pretty good amount of money Smiley

Khan is probably going to lose again, and ruin his chances for the Mayweather sweepstakes as well...lol

As of 6/11/2014 here is my top 10 P4P List...  (they are all up for debate)

1) Floyd Mayweather Jr.
2) Manny Pacquiao
3) Andre Ward
4) Timothy Bradley
5) Juan Manuel Marquez
6) Miguel Cotto
7) Guillermo Rigondeaux
8 ) Gennady "GGG" Golovkin
9) Wladimir Klitschko
10) Roman Gonzalez

#10 is highly debatable, as Mikey Garcia could easily be there.  Erislandy Lara, is also definitely on his way up, and Canelo Alvarez is working his way towards the top 10.   Obviously Bernard Hopkins could arguably be on this list.  

Edit 6/11/2014:   Miguel Cotto into the top 10 after dominating Sergio Martinez (now out of top 10) in lineal middleweight title fight.
Edit 9/18/2014:  Roman Gonzalez replaces Danny Garcia in #10 slot after his recent win, and Garcia's pitiful selection of opponent in Rod Salka.  Andre Ward moves down a slot due to inactivity.  Mikey Garcia slipping further out of the top 10 also due to inactivity.  

Approaching the top 10 is Sergey Kovalev and Terrence Crawford with their strong 2014 years.  Kovalev could possibly fill the #10 slot if he dethrones Bernard Hopkins in their light heavyweight title fight in November 2014

It has been a few years, so now I am going to make an update to the P4P list as of 6/16/2017

1) Gennady "GGG" Golovkin
2) Andre Ward*   (only bc he got a gift decision over Kovalev IMO)
3) Vasyl Lomechenko
4) Terrence Crawford
5) Sergey Kovalev
6) Roman Gonzalez* (could still be #1 but lost controversial decision)
7) Canelo Alvarez
8 ) Keith Thurman
9) Errol Spence Jr.
10) Manny Pacquiao *dropping due to inactivity

#1 is clearly debatable...a lot will be determined in the following months depending on Ward vs Kovalev 2 as well as Canelo vs. GGG.
Errol Spence's TKO stoppage of Kell Brook I believe propels him into the P4P discussion.  Spence Jr. vs. Keith Thurman or Terrence Crawford may be a superfight for 2018 or 2019

Please feel free to comment.  I also want to open the discussion for sports betting in boxing
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:41:46 PM

Hey all...are there any boxing fans out there?  Big fight this weekend with Mayweather Jr. Vs Maidana.   Did any of you place any bets?   Mayweather is heavy favorite and will probably win by wide Unanimous Decision, but I put in a long shot bet on Maidana because of his punching power and he was +850 when I put my bet in.

Khan is probably going to lose again, and ruin his chances for the Mayweather sweepstakes as well...lol
love Boxing!!! Met Mr. Mike Tyson in 1986  Albany N.Y. on clinton avenue hanging out at a corner store. Great guy hand  hand like a ROCK.

I would put my $$ on Mayweather Smiley

No way, that is really cool...didn't think there would be anyone here...   Yeah I know that Mayweather is the smart bet...but I bet like $250 on Maidana to win over $2k.   Just a fun bet...not too much money.  Maidana destroyed Broner and comes at you with weird angles and throws over the top which could cause Floyd problems.

Who is your favorite fighter of all time?   Felix Trinidad was mine...
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:51:17 AM

the thing that AMAZED me about Meeting Tyson was the fact that here this Millionaire standing in front of me wearing a suit(probably a $10,000) had a small tear in the shoulder and he didn't seem to mind it all.. I guess when you were raised being poor like He and I  things like that wouldn't bother us Smiley

such a great guy! He always drove around Albany in his Beige rolls Royce giving away $100 to all the poor kids!

Tyson is one of my all time favs too, it's a drag that he got screwed out of most of his money by that swindler Don King.  Since he is a promoter now, I think he should join up with 50 Cent.   I think the two of them could do some big things in boxing, but each of them are kind of struggling on their own as promoters I think.

Obviously the two big ones Top Rank and Golden Boy control the scene, and because the two of them won't work together, we will probably never get to see Floyd and Manny fight.
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:52:27 AM

Hey all...are there any boxing fans out there?  Big fight this weekend with Mayweather Jr. Vs Maidana.   Did any of you place any bets?   Mayweather is heavy favorite and will probably win by wide Unanimous Decision, but I put in a long shot bet on Maidana because of his punching power and he was +850 when I put my bet in.

love Boxing!!! Met Mr. Mike Tyson in 1986  Albany N.Y. on clinton avenue hanging out at a corner store. Great guy hand  hand like a ROCK.

No way, that is really cool...didn't think there would be anyone here...   Yeah I know that Mayweather is the smart bet...but I bet like $250 on Maidana to win over $2k.   Just a fun bet...not too much money.  Maidana destroyed Broner and comes at you with weird angles and throws over the top which could cause Floyd problems.

It's not fair to ask that question since im Biased towards Mr. Tyson now  Cheesy  But soo many great fighters in all weight divisions. sugar Ray Leonard,Tomas Hearns,Wladimir Klitschko (While a dirty fighter) still great.  And who can forget George Foreman  the Big Man Smiley

you think Sugar Ray in his prime beats Mayweather in his prime?   Mayweather's defensive style and shoulder roll make everyone look terrible.   I would love to see GGG go down in weight to fight Floyd.
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:53:40 AM

who do you put in your top 10 pound for pound right now?
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:57:41 AM

It's not fair to ask that question since im Biased towards Mr. Tyson now  Cheesy  But soo many great fighters in all weight divisions. sugar Ray Leonard,Tomas Hearns,Wladimir Klitschko (While a dirty fighter) still great.  And who can forget George Foreman  the Big Man Smiley

you think Sugar Ray in his prime beats Mayweather in his prime?   Mayweather's defensive style and shoulder roll make everyone look terrible.   I would love to see GGG go down in weight to fight Floyd.
PLZZZ sugar Ray would woop Mayweathers ass!

I think that is a possibility, but then again how much would Sugar Ray even connect with Mayweather?
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:08:01 AM

they didn't call him "Sugar" ray for nothing !   That man would have Knocked the Bejeezus out of him  Cheesy

So you think he was the best ever in the weight class then?   You think he makes easy work out of Manny then?
connexus

Activity: 774
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:25:08 AM

Mayweather is not the best fighter in the world today unless he fight Manny Pacquiao. By then, the world proven who is the BEST. But for me Manny is the BEST pound for pound.
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:35:55 AM

Mayweather is not the best fighter in the world today unless he fight Manny Pacquiao. By then, the world proven who is the BEST. But for me Manny is the BEST pound for pound.

That fight would still be good today, but it would have been GREAT a few years ago.   That fight is impossible to make happen because of Bob Arum at Top Rank (Manny's promoter).   Mayweather used to be promoted by Arum, and since going off on his own, he said he would never work with Arum again.   Also Mayweather works closely with Golden Boy, and they won't work with Arum either.   So basically Manny would need to leave Top Rank for that fight to even have any chance in the world of happening.
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:50:13 AM

Mayweather
Pacquiao
All time
Sugar Ray, Hearns, Hagler

keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:56:06 AM

Mayweather
Pacquiao
All time
Sugar Ray, Hearns, Hagler

Pretty good list...I think for current times, you almost have to include Andre Ward, and probably Sergio Martinez, and Timothy Bradley.  I guess by default, you have to include Juan Manuel Marquez because he knocked Manny into oblivion...  Gennady Golovkin is definitely working his way up the ladder too 
jinjuro

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:00:56 AM

Mayweather vs Maidana is a boring fight like other mayweather fight. Jab, jab, run, run, run ,run rides bicycle, run, rides bicycle again. Maidana will not win unless he knock out mayweather. Mayweather owns the judges and referees.

The Marquez vs Pacquiao IV - I was totally surprise marquez was so strong that fight. Even with his age. It cannot be his urine. That was their fourth fight and the young marquez cannot even knock out pacquiao until that fight. He became like hulk. Then I found out Angel Heredia in his corner and I know the reason why.

solva76va

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:36:10 AM

Manny Pacquiao,I like him.
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:13:51 PM

Mayweather vs Maidana is a boring fight like other mayweather fight. Jab, jab, run, run, run ,run rides bicycle, run, rides bicycle again. Maidana will not win unless he knock out mayweather. Mayweather owns the judges and referees.

The Marquez vs Pacquiao IV - I was totally surprise marquez was so strong that fight. Even with his age. It cannot be his urine. That was their fourth fight and the young marquez cannot even knock out pacquiao until that fight. He became like hulk. Then I found out Angel Heredia in his corner and I know the reason why.

I'll agree that JMM looked way stronger after hiring Angel, but then you also have to admit how suspect it was that Manny was also running through all the weight classes. With boxing, styles make fights, and JMM is just a bad matchup for Manny. I dont think Manny won the previous fight, and it could easily be argued that he lost the other 2 as well
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:20:24 PM

I really hope that the Gennady "GGG" Golovkin vs Julio Cesar Chavez Jr fight gets made.   Word has it that Bob Arum over at Top Rank is making it a condition of the fight to sign a contract extension.  This fight could fall apart completely if JCC Jr. signs with advisor Al Haymon
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:28:04 PM

Bernard Hopkins could also easily be part of this list...
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:15:19 PM

Keithers lol WTF where is Tyson on this list  Huh

1) Floyd Mayweather Jr.
2) Andre Ward
3) Manny Pacquiao
4) Timothy Bradley
5) Sergio Martinez
6) Juan Manuel Marquez
7) Guillermo Rigondeaux
9) Wladimir Klitschko
10) Danny Garcia

Tyson would have to be on the all time P4P list....  these are are all active fighters....
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:24:26 PM

Keithers lol WTF where is Tyson on this list  Huh

1) Floyd Mayweather Jr.
2) Andre Ward
3) Manny Pacquiao
4) Timothy Bradley
5) Sergio Martinez
6) Juan Manuel Marquez
7) Guillermo Rigondeaux
9) Wladimir Klitschko
10) Danny Garcia

Tyson would have to be on the all time P4P list....  these are are all active fighters....
lol thanks for clearing it up Smiley   I thought for a minute me and you were going to have to go 10 rounds  Grin

Lol!  Yeah, if it were an all time list, it would be waaay different...
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:22:26 PM

anyone predicting an upset in the Molina vs. Broner undercard fight on the Mayweather card?   You can make some serious serious money if you take Molina...
durrrr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:01:41 PM

Tyson has to be my favorite fighter of all
Time and I have to admit he is a great guy and very down to earth and it's a shame the old guy is broke now

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: