Bitcoin Forum
September 04, 2024, 09:20:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Boxing Fans... Top 10 Pound for Pound? (updated 6/16/2017) & betting discussions  (Read 6877 times)
keithers (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:33:51 PM

Tyson has to be my favorite fighter of all
Time and I have to admit he is a great guy and very down to earth and it's a shame the old guy is broke now

He is super funny too.  I saw the coolest autographed frame of him.   It was a screenshot of Mike Tyson's Punch Out (from Nintendo), and it was autographed.   At the bottom (also inside the frame), was the actual Nintendo cartridge of the game... I wanted to buy it..
jinjuro

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:53:51 PM

Mayweather to receive $32 million guaranteed purse; Maidana $1.5 million lol
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:24:28 AM

Mayweather to receive $32 million guaranteed purse; Maidana $1.5 million lol

Maidana needs to bet his purse on himself to win. He could 8x his money lol
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:24:37 AM

ward, klitschko and marquez gotta be in the mix there

MisterDD

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:27:15 AM

I mostly watch boxing when there is Wladimir Klitschko. He is impressive boxer, he has excellent movements, and he is with reason one of best boxers ever. At least for me.
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:30:42 PM

ward, klitschko and marquez gotta be in the mix there

Absolutely they do...check my original post...all 3 of those guys are in my top 10 p4p.   Anyone that you would swap out of my list?
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:35:10 PM

I mostly watch boxing when there is Wladimir Klitschko. He is impressive boxer, he has excellent movements, and he is with reason one of best boxers ever. At least for me.

Wladimir is one of the best heavyweights the world has seen in a long time.   His reach would have even give someone like Tyson a hard time.  Odd couple with him being with Hayden Panaterre (spelling?).

It's a bummer that there are no really good heavyweights from the United States.  Once Tyson and Holyfield were gone, the heavyweight division lost a lot of it's steam.  Lennox Lewis was ok (I know he wasn't from US), but no one from the US even close to challenges either of the Klitschko brothers. 

There is one prospect Deontay Wilder.   Keep an eye out for him.   I think he has a little over 20 fights and have won all of them by knockout.   He has yet to go past even the 4th round so far.   He hasn't been tested by any elite fighter yet, and is definitely not even in the same galaxy as Wladimir, but he is headed in the right direction.
umair127

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:44:38 PM

1. Mayweather

2. Pacquaio

3. Ward

4. Wladimir Klitschko

5. Martinez

6. Bradley

7. Marquez

keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:58:24 PM

1. Mayweather

2. Pacquaio

3. Ward

4. Wladimir Klitschko

5. Martinez

6. Bradley

7. Marquez

Thanks! You are the first to post a comparative list. Your list is very similar to mine. Who do you put in slots 8-10?

you think there is any chance for a martinez vs mayweather fight if both of them win their upcoming bouts?
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:59:59 PM

Wladimir is one of the best heavyweights the world has seen in a long time.   His reach would have even give someone like Tyson a hard time.  Odd couple with him being with Hayden Panaterre (spelling?).

It's a bummer that there are no really good heavyweights from the United States.  Once Tyson and Holyfield were gone, the heavyweight division lost a lot of it's steam.  Lennox Lewis was ok (I know he wasn't from US), but no one from the US even close to challenges either of the Klitschko brothers. 

There is one prospect Deontay Wilder.   Keep an eye out for him.   I think he has a little over 20 fights and have won all of them by knockout.   He has yet to go past even the 4th round so far.   He hasn't been tested by any elite fighter yet, and is definitely not even in the same galaxy as Wladimir, but he is headed in the right direction.
Lennox Lewis would have given klitschko a hard time with his height and reach:

Lennox
Height   6 ft 5 in (196 cm)            klitschko
Reach   84 in (213 cm)                Height   1.98 m (6 ft 6 in)
                                                    Reach   206 cm (81 in)

Remember when Lennox fought Wladimir's brother Vitali?   That was like the last heavyweight megafight..   Vitali was definitely winning that fight, but it had to be stopped because of a cut over Vitali's eye.   I think Wladmir would have beaten Lewis.   I don't think that fight would have gone the distance though because both  of them had questionable chins at the time...remember?
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:56:19 PM

Lennox Lewis would have given klitschko a hard time with his height and reach:

Lennox
Height   6 ft 5 in (196 cm)            klitschko
Reach   84 in (213 cm)                Height   1.98 m (6 ft 6 in)
                                                    Reach   206 cm (81 in)

Remember when Lennox fought Wladimir's brother Vitali?   That was like the last heavyweight megafight..   Vitali was definitely winning that fight, but it had to be stopped because of a cut over Vitali's eye.   I think Wladmir would have beaten Lewis.   I don't think that fight would have gone the distance though because both  of them had questionable chins at the time...remember?
i'm almost positive Wladimir would have had a hard time with Lewis but would have won in the end.

I think the before jail version of Tyson would have knocked out Lennox Lewis as well.
jinjuro

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:24:44 AM

I give it 7 to 5 to Maidana. Floyd lost, he looked slow and old. Floyd has been exposed.
jinjuro

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:40:45 AM

My Updated P4P rankings after the completion of the Mayweather-Maidana fight…

1. Andre Ward
2. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
3. Manny Pacquiao
4. Guillermo Rigondeaux
5. Timothy Bradley
6. Sergio Martinez
7. Wladimir Klitschko
8. Juan Manuel Marquez
9. Mikey Garcia
10. Gennady Golovkin
TrailingComet

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 10:11:03 AM

I guess on yersterday's evidence Maidana makes a decent case for inclusion to the P for P Top 10

keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:48:06 PM

I guess on yersterday's evidence Maidana makes a decent case for inclusion to the P for P Top 10

Yeah, that was a really good fight.  Two of the Judges had it waaaay off.  No way in hell Mayweather won 117-111.  I thought Maidana won by just a little, but it could have been a draw (as one judge had it).
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:49:44 PM

I give it 7 to 5 to Maidana. Floyd lost, he looked slow and old. Floyd has been exposed.

I exactly agree with your score.  Maidana was way more active.  Yes Floyd landed the much sharper and cleaner shots, but not enough of them to win.  Definitely not enough to win by such a wide margin as 2 of the judges had it.
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:52:11 PM

1. Andre Ward
2. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
3. Manny Pacquiao
4. Guillermo Rigondeaux
5. Timothy Bradley
6. Sergio Martinez
7. Wladimir Klitschko
8. Juan Manuel Marquez
9. Mikey Garcia
10. Gennady Golovkin

I agree with this list right here...  It is tough to pull Mayweather out of the number 1 slot though, because on paper he got the win (even though I thought he lost).   Ward is so, so good, but his inactivity is gonna lose him some slots if he doesn't start fighting more soon.  I would love to see GGG fight Ward.  GGG will dominate Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. if that fight is made.   JCC is too slow for GGG.
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:30:25 AM

If you guys could make any fights happen nowadays, who would you match up?

I would still like to see Manny and Floyd obviously, even though it'll never happen.

Would also like to see Ward vs. Golovkin.

I was looking forward to Adonis Stevenson vs. Sergey Kovalev, but Al Haymon messed that one up.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 04:07:10 AM

1. Andre Ward
2. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
3. Manny Pacquiao
4. Guillermo Rigondeaux
5. Timothy Bradley
6. Sergio Martinez
7. Wladimir Klitschko
8. Juan Manuel Marquez
9. Mikey Garcia
10. Gennady Golovkin

Wladimir Klitschko at no.7? He is the definitely the best fighter out there. Just because he is from the ex-USSR (Ukraine to be precise), the Western (American / European) media ignores him.
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 04:27:11 AM

1. Andre Ward
2. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
3. Manny Pacquiao
4. Guillermo Rigondeaux
5. Timothy Bradley
6. Sergio Martinez
7. Wladimir Klitschko
8. Juan Manuel Marquez
9. Mikey Garcia
10. Gennady Golovkin

Wladimir Klitschko at no.7? He is the definitely the best fighter out there. Just because he is from the ex-USSR (Ukraine to be precise), the Western (American / European) media ignores him.

He's the best heavyweight hands down, but I don't think he's nearly the best fighter. There is almost 0 competition for him. The deepest divisions right now are 140, 147, and 154.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: