Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:04:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sia - Siafund Redemption Deadline: June 1st, 2015  (Read 68694 times)
Taek (OP)

Activity: 543
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 02:10:25 PM

Okay, fixed. UI is also ready, the downloads are at siacoin.com.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bubbletea789

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 12:58:04 AM

so officially each sianote still entitles the holder to 0.00039% of the total host incomes right?
Taek (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 05:18:22 PM

so officially each sianote still entitles the holder to 0.00039% of the total host incomes right?

Yes. But not on the beta network, which we're currently on the beta network.

===

As an additional announcement, the new UI releases seem to work on linux and mac most of the time, but not at all on Windows. I'm sorry for being sloppy, we'll try to have an update in the next week.
Tobo

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:37:07 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2015, 08:01:26 PM by Tobo

The IPFS looks pretty interesting. Maybe Sia can utilize this technology in some level -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CMxDNuuAiQ

Edit - and an interested research paper by V Buterin on blockchian scalability - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/vbuterin/scalability_paper/master/scalability.pdf
Taek (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 09:08:20 PM

The time has come for people to start redeeming their sianotes. Information can be found at siacoin.com/sianotes.html. You will need to download a program to generate a Sia address. (Multisig is supported). Then you need to send us your Sianotes along with a message containing the address you would like your siafunds sent to. We're going to be accepting messages for at least 6 weeks.

We hope to officially launch the currency on June 1st. Real mining will start, and siafunds will be active and earning money from storage contracts. Anybody who redeems their sianotes before the currency launch will receive their siafunds in the genesis block.

We're about 2 weeks away from releasing the final beta version (v0.3.1). When that is out, we'll make a new announcement thread and put forth substantial marketing effort.
grandpa_seth

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

Simcoin Puny Humans Communicator

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 11:39:44 PM

The time has come for people to start redeeming their sianotes.

You guys have been working tirelessly. I am glad I have stuck with it as a sianote owner.

Its a long road but soon we can finally begin and see where in the decentralized storage world this takes us.

Just wanted to say I appreciate the work so far. As long as you stay ambitious we have

a great chance at success.
Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 08:40:15 AM

How will siafunds be traded after redemption?

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
Taek (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 05:06:28 PM

How will siafunds be traded after redemption?

They'll be locked down until the currency launches. After the currency launches you'll have to do otc and in-thread trading until an exchange pops up. If you strike a deal with someone to trade early, pm me and we can work something out. It's possible but a pain, and probably better to wait until the currency launches.

We're looking into the legal requirements for running an exchange. It's not looking good, but there's a small chance that we'll be able to run a btc<->siax exchange. There's a much better chance that we'll be able to do low risk escrow. There's a 0% chance of us running a USD<->siax exchange.

The escrow part is actually pretty cool. You can do trading between yourself and someone you've never met in just a few seconds, and the most you ever have to trust an escrow with is a few cents. If the escrow runs away with your money, they'll get a few cents but but the rest of your multi-million dollar transaction is unavailable to them. Then you just find a new escrow until someone doesn't steal your few cents. From what I understand, the legal requirements for being escrow are much lower than the legal requirements for being an exchange. It's especially nice because we don't ever hold more than a few pennies for a few seconds and there's no blockchain bloat.
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 07:49:43 PM

I am having a little bit of trouble understanding the status of this project at this point.

Would it be possible to get a summary of where you are at or possibly update the OP to reflect whatever is currently happening?

I'd like to get involved but I am finding it difficult to follow this thread.
Taek (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 10:00:43 PM

I am having a little bit of trouble understanding the status of this project at this point.

Would it be possible to get a summary of where you are at or possibly update the OP to reflect whatever is currently happening?

I'd like to get involved but I am finding it difficult to follow this thread.

I will try to provide a more detailed answer soon.

In brief:

Lots has changed since this thread's creation. The original design for Sia was fundamentally broken in several severe ways and many things had to be reconstructed. Original estimates had Sia being released something like June or August of 2014. As Sia is not released and it's almost a year later, those estimates were clearly mistaken.

Today we have a beta that (sorta) works, and a blockchain that's (sorta) tested. All of the features have been nailed down and finalized, and 95% of them have been implemented. All that remains is to remove the (sorta), which I expect will take about 6 weeks. We're planning on releasing another version of the beta in about 2 weeks that has a bunch of bugfixes. I'd still say that it works (sorta) well, there are a handful of problems that remain. We know how to fix most/all of them, we just need to put in the hours.

At release, you'll be able to mine for coins, rent out your hard drive, and upload files to the network. Files will be encrypted client-side. You will be able to share files using a '.sia', which is the decentralized version of a '.torrent'. It tells your program how to download a larger file from the Sia network.

For developers: there will be a documented API on how to use Sia. It's entirely possible to build separate applications such as a 'decentralized YouTube' on top of Sia. At release, we will have very little information on how to build applications that use Sia, but the API should help. We do intend to focus more on developers once the currency has launched.
gitinahang

Activity: 43
Merit: 30

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 04:29:16 AM

I use the Windows Sia Generator. I did the address okay. But "siag keyinfomyKeyFile.siakey" for me doesn't print the info.
It says

Error: unknown command "keyinfomyKeyFile.siakey"
Run 'siag help' for usage.
Taek (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 04:49:06 AM

I use the Windows Sia Generator. I did the address okay. But "siag keyinfomyKeyFile.siakey" for me doesn't print the info.
It says

try `siag keyinfo myKeyFile.siakey`, you need a space between 'keyinfo' and the keyfile.
Taek (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 05:11:17 AM

I received a few encrypted messages. I was able to decrypt some of them, but not all of them. I've sent messages in both cases to tell you that either things worked or that they didn't.

Please check your messages, and if I was unable to decrypt the message you sent me please try again with another message. Make sure that your software is up to date and that you type in your password correctly when sending the message.

If it keeps failing we'll have to figure something else out. Feel free to pm me.
gitinahang

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 12:27:00 PM

It says

try `siag keyinfo myKeyFile.siakey`, you need a space between 'keyinfo' and the keyfile.

Now I get this is response "open myKeyFile.siakey: The system cannot find the file specified."
I am using the one for Windows and have tried it after creating a multi sig and a regular address.
Taek (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 06:58:24 PM

Now I get this is response "open myKeyFile.siakey: The system cannot find the file specified."
I am using the one for Windows and have tried it after creating a multi sig and a regular address.

Your command prompt needs to be in the same directory as the key. Alternatively, you can drag-and-drop the file into the terminal and it'll automatically type in the full filepath.

The easiest thing to do:

1. open a command prompt
2. drag and drop the siag file into the command prompt. The full path will appear. (C:/stuff/morestuff/etc/siag)
3. type 'keyinfo'
4. drag and drop the key file you're checking into the command prompt.
The full result should look like:
Code:
C:/Users/You> C:/stuff/siag keyinfo C:/stuff/mykey.siakey

I'm sorry for making you guys use the command line. At some point the key generator will be integrated into the GUI but I'm not sure how long that will take.
gitinahang

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 10:51:58 PM

Sorry Taek to take time away for this minor things. I see my error now thank you for the help.
Tobo

Activity: 763

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 01:45:17 AM

I use Window. When I tried to run the siag.exe I got the message of 'siag.exe is not a valid Win32 application'. Is my computer not compatible with this file?
Taek (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 03:26:58 AM

I use Window. When I tried to run the siag.exe I got the message of 'siag.exe is not a valid Win32 application'. Is my computer not compatible with this file?

I can honestly say I didn't expect this to be a problem. Siag only works on 64bit windows. You'll need a separate download for 32bit windows. I'll make one and pm you a link. (if anyone else is running into the same problem, let me know. It's a super easy fix we just didn't expect it to be needed).
td services

Activity: 448

black swan hunter

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 05:46:15 PM

Any way to copy and paste the key from the Windows command window to NXT wallet? I'm not able to highlight the key in the command window, don't want to have to type all that.
grandpa_seth

Activity: 316

Simcoin Puny Humans Communicator

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 08:46:01 PM

Any way to copy and paste the key from the Windows command window to NXT wallet? I'm not able to highlight the key in the command window, don't want to have to type all that.

Right click the top of the command window and go to edit then select mark. Now use your mouse to highlight the text you want

which would be the sia address. After its highlighted, right click the top border again and select edit and then copy.

It should be copied to the clipboard.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: