Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:48:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]PinkCoin (PC) | [X11] Pure 100% PoS | No premine | No IPO |bittrex.com  (Read 74734 times)
seattletu

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:22:25 PM

Donated some! Is there any plan to get PC on other exchanges for more exposure? And who is still dumping at these prices?

We are in the voting on Mintpal, so feel free to add a vote every now and then Smiley

And I don't think many people are watching this thread, and the ones that are have kept pretty quiet about all the announcements. We are all still accumulating more while it's low, I think, or atleast I am Tongue

I think most of the dumpers are coming from the last little pump. As per the usual altcoin impatient market, people buy when they see price/volume increase. And bail when it goes down.

there's like 1 bitcoin worth of pinkcoin being traded on the only exchange. this coin is dead what are you talking about?
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sumgye

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:02:49 AM
Last edit: May 23, 2014, 01:18:01 AM by sumgye

"If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Why troll our coin when the boat hasn't even left the port yet, and you're still welcome to jump on board?

The lack of volume is because people are waiting to see what happens.

I promise, none of us working on this thing right now are dumping. None of us are using alt-names to push this coin. Why smear our reputations and not deliver? My advice to you, buy and hold, see what we deliver on, and you decide from there what you want to do. At the current price it doesn't exactly break the bank to buy up several thousand just to see what happens, you now?

Of course, if you want to really take part in making the coin a success, ideas, suggestions, and anything you can do to help is always appreciated. I really like the idea of being able to buy Breast Cancer Awareness stuff with PinkCoins, for example, and that wasn't our idea, that came from gdavis024. Thanks for that! I kinda wish you had a pinkcoin address in your sig so I could tip you for it!

EDIT: I just tracked down some of the dumping to twitter #PinkCoin. It seems there was a misunderstanding on the Multipool happening after Sonysasankan's post yesterday. We have the Multipool lined up, and the dev is willing to accept Pinkcoins for payment, but we need to build community support for one or it's just not going to help. How many coins flopped, got a multipool, and it just didn't help because nobody was interested in mining at it? We can't let that happen, as much as we love the coin.

Support for the Multipool is completely independent of the relaunch and everything we have prepped for it anyway. It would just be another great feather to have in our cap. You know guys?

Donated some! Is there any plan to get PC on other exchanges for more exposure? And who is still dumping at these prices?

We are in the voting on Mintpal, so feel free to add a vote every now and then Smiley

And I don't think many people are watching this thread, and the ones that are have kept pretty quiet about all the announcements. We are all still accumulating more while it's low, I think, or atleast I am Tongue

I think most of the dumpers are coming from the last little pump. As per the usual altcoin impatient market, people buy when they see price/volume increase. And bail when it goes down.

there's like 1 bitcoin worth of pinkcoin being traded on the only exchange. this coin is dead what are you talking about?
(oYo)

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 02:00:50 AM

Could it be, people are holding onto coins and staking? And, those that are dumping might be a little freaked out about the announcement of a relaunch?

Perhaps addressing these issues will boost confidence. Are you still planning on exchanging old coins for new ones? Maybe updating the OP with this info (including the breast cancer campaign) will help too.

sumgye

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:15:50 AM

Could it be, people are holding onto coins and staking? And, those that are dumping might be a little freaked out about the announcement of a relaunch?

Perhaps addressing these issues will boost confidence. Are you still planning on exchanging old coins for new ones? Maybe updating the OP with this info (including the breast cancer campaign) will help too.

Would update it if we could. Bigman's gone. Have to relaunch in a new thread. FWIW I'm staking:)
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:39:50 AM

Would update it if we could. Bigman's gone. Have to relaunch in a new thread. FWIW I'm staking:)

I agree with oYo, this coin needs better publicity and more features. Is it possible for anybody, who was in contact with Bigman before, to PM him and maybe update the OP. Exchanging old coins with new coins sounds like a good idea also. Give the coin a makeover (maybe decrease the number of coins and trade in existing coins with the proper ratio). It might take a bit of work and the right devs to talk to but itll help the coin in the long run. Fundraisers are nice, but they will only provide short term exposure and possibly a brief spike in prices, but in the long run if this coin has no innovation over other alts/competitors, itll end up in the alt graveyard along with most of the alts out there.

fayoling

Activity: 882
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:39:00 AM
Last edit: May 23, 2014, 04:57:36 AM by fayoling

I agree with oYo, this coin needs better publicity and more features. Is it possible for anybody, who was in contact with Bigman before, to PM him and maybe update the OP. Exchanging old coins with new coins sounds like a good idea also. Give the coin a makeover (maybe decrease the number of coins and trade in existing coins with the proper ratio). It might take a bit of work and the right devs to talk to but itll help the coin in the long run. Fundraisers are nice, but they will only provide short term exposure and possibly a brief spike in prices, but in the long run if this coin has no innovation over other alts/competitors, itll end up in the alt graveyard along with most of the alts out there.

These things were all discussed a few pages back. The whole system is getting a makeover, new thread, new website etc... The publicity is minimal, because the updates/changes are not ready to go dancing around telling the world about yet.

As for minimizing the amount of coins, that is also being considered, but will likely come into further discussion at a later date.

So essentially, everything you just mentionned is already in play. Guess that should make you excited, right? Tongue

I would also like to note, that the people worried about the "dumping" are likely not doing their research. This coin was traded around 5-8 SAT's less than a week ago. The announcement caused a little pump, but like most alts, pulled in a bunch of people trying to catch the next quick buck. It is those people that you are seeing "dump". So in reality, this coin is trading at double what it was a week ago.

So my guess is, anyone worried about this coin right now, or not seeing the positive in the future bought in during the last peak.

sumgye

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:05:56 AM

These things were all discussed a few pages back. The whole system is getting a makeover, new thread, new website etc... The publicity is minimal, because the updates/changes are not ready to go dancing around telling the world about yet.

As for minimizing the amount of coins, that is also being considered, but will likely come into further discussion at a later date.

So essentially, everything you just mentionned is already in play. Guess that should make you excited, right? Tongue

I would also like to note, that the people worried about the "dumping" are likely not doing their research. This coin was traded around 5-8 SAT's less than a week ago. The announcement caused a little pump, but like most alts, pulled in a bunch of people trying to catch the next quick buck. It is those people that you are seeing "dump". So in reality, this coin is trading at double what it was a week ago.

So my guess is, anyone worried about this coin right now, or not seeing the positive in the future bought in during the last peak.

Thank you for the excellent analysis. The price is really just simmering right now. It's also worth noting that that bump to almost 30 sats was based on us talking about our plans. A full relaunch with us making good on our promises is going to have a much more dramatic effect.
fayoling

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:10:31 AM

From 7 SAT's to 30 SAT's just on the announcement of your plans, I look forward to when they are actually put into effect Smiley

fayoling

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:56:24 PM

Hey guys,

This is my first PoS where I have enough coins that I stake regularly. Would I be best to transfer all my coins out, and bring them back in as 1 transaction? I know that each transaction stakes on its own, so my staking is quite regular, but would it be more beneficial/profitable to have one big lumpsum transaction? or will the end results be the same?

sumgye

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:03:03 PM

Hey guys,

This is my first PoS where I have enough coins that I stake regularly. Would I be best to transfer all my coins out, and bring them back in as 1 transaction? I know that each transaction stakes on its own, so my staking is quite regular, but would it be more beneficial/profitable to have one big lumpsum transaction? or will the end results be the same?

Its pretty much all the same, but if you move your coins their age will reset and you'll have to wait to start staking again.
fayoling

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:06:10 PM

Hey guys,

Its pretty much all the same, but if you move your coins their age will reset and you'll have to wait to start staking again.

I figured it was all the same, so technically, by converting into one large transaction, you actually lose by resetting your age.

Besides, I enjoy seeing my wallet stake more often than not. So multiple transactions is much more fun anyways.

Thanks Sumgye

sumgye

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:09:52 PM

Hey guys,

I figured it was all the same, so technically, by converting into one large transaction, you actually lose by resetting your age.

Besides, I enjoy seeing my wallet stake more often than not. So multiple transactions is much more fun anyways.

Thanks Sumgye

For what its worth they seem to stake at different times anyway. All my coins got moved from bittrex at the same time and I see new stakes in varying amounts all the time.
sonysasankan

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 06:26:36 PM

So we're pretty much on schedule and so far no hiccups. All the grunt work for the fundraiser is done with... just polishing it a bit. Multipool is in the works. Donations coming in slow and steady. New ANN page will be announced soon and then we'll redirect all traffic there. The train's about to leave the station soon.

Today's fortune cookie: Buy and stock up on your pink first, before telling others about it
Grin

ANNOUNCEMENT - 2

READ

Grin   Grin   Grin

You can donate to the following address:

PinkCoin: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g

Bitcoin: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
fayoling

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:31:59 PM

Hey guys,

Thanks Sumgye

For what its worth they seem to stake at different times anyway. All my coins got moved from bittrex at the same time and I see new stakes in varying amounts all the time.

Yeah it is hard to say which is the best method, some testing/experimenting sounds like a requirement.

One more question about staking, what is this about? Generated but not accepted?

sumgye

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:36:18 PM

Hey guys,

Thanks Sumgye

Yeah it is hard to say which is the best method, some testing/experimenting sounds like a requirement.

One more question about staking, what is this about? Generated but not accepted?

Your wallet either tried to generate while it was syncing, or you generated the coins earlier, but you closed your wallet before they had fully matured. At least that's been my experience with other POS coins, I've pretty much had my pinkcoin wallet up 24/7 for weeks now so I haven't really experienced it with pink:)
fayoling

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:39:36 PM

Hey guys,

Thanks Sumgye

Your wallet either tried to generate while it was syncing, or you generated the coins earlier, but you closed your wallet before they had fully matured. At least that's been my experience with other POS coins, I've pretty much had my pinkcoin wallet up 24/7 for weeks now so I haven't really experienced it with pink:)

Good to know, as per the usual, you guys are a great help.

grabciu

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:23:35 PM

just donated 234k PC for the multipool, it's on its way from bittrex, good luck  Wink
(oYo)

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 08:03:17 PM

Hey guys,

Thanks Sumgye

Good to know, as per the usual, you guys are a great help.

I think sumgye's original answer sums it up. No difference. Read this article on POS if you're still curious. It's pretty good.

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/700-proof-of-stake-explained-rough-draft/

just donated 234k PC for the multipool, it's on its way from bittrex, good luck  Wink

Wow! You are a real hero for the PC community! (No sarcasm intended either. I'm being sincere.) I've only got 5k PC.  Embarrassed

sumgye

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:05:57 PM

You rule man! Welcome to the group! Big things are about to happen. THANK YOU!
(oYo)

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 08:11:03 PM

I just learned about faucets last night. I'm sure I'll make far more PC from the faucet than I will from staking.  Grin

Except the PC faucet has been down all day.  Cry

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: