Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:08:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CYRious Technologies - CYR Jackhammer $599 / 1.4TH/s  (Read 9794 times)
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:45:02 AM

Registrant Street: 19 California St
Registrant City: San Francisco

No, wait, you're based in downtown SF. Strange, I don't remember a building at 19 California St. Why don't you post a photo of your building?

5: I got a better one, why dont you go take a photo and show there is not a building at 19 California street in silicone valley your the one making aqusations

Don't take my word for it:

USPS Address Lookup

You entered:

19 CALIFORNIA ST
SAN FRANCISCO CA

The address you provided is not recognized by the US Postal Service as an address we serve. Mail sent to this address may be returned.

Buy & Hold

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Johnny Bitcoin Walker (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:59:55 AM

Questions:

1Why would you not use a reputable known escrow trusted in this forum?
2Where are the FPGA chips being fabricated / bought from?
3Who designed the FPGA chips?
4Who is currently designing your boards?
5Where will your boards be fabricated?
6How can you account for the lower prices given that board costs run nearly that much as your sales price no matter the chips you use?
7How will these units be cooled?

1: the "most reputable" escrows on this forum are crooks with nothing to lose but a forum reputation in which they can start over with
2: the FPGA's are atmel FPSLIC series
3: atmel
4: they were done in house
5: as with most major components they are manufactured in shenzhen china
6: lower cost is a result of better funds managment and more off the shelf components as well as higher production numbers
7: they have a picture of the cooling unit on the slideshow.
cr4sh0verride

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 07:12:28 AM

1. That's a dodging of the question. To suggest that people with the most amount of trust on this forum have built up that trust that whole time
For the purpose of one day where there is an offer that's too good to refuse they can accept Escrow and run away with our money.. I'm sorry but no that's a poor excuse

2 + 3 + 4 = Ok what's the name of the lead engineer on the project. We should be able to see some of the details of that person. They should have some public presence on projects they've worked on before. You don't just pull people off the street for things like this

5. Where in China? What factory?

7. A stock picture of a cooling fan.. I think he was after a more in-depth answer instead of just pointing to a picture and saying LOOK!
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 07:44:03 AM

What DCDC power converters did you use? I'm looking for model numbers. If you don't know, ask your technical guy - he will know because he would have spent weeks tearing his hair out over them.

Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:18:18 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2016, 01:19:04 PM by Starlightbreaker

so how many idiots have fallen to this scam?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

goldar

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:29:55 AM

Where are you located?

Finally a valid question. Are you asking me personally where am i at, or where is the company HQ?

Oh come on man...
U know, he is not asking where you are at.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:34:06 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 11:11:13 AM by Bicknellski

Questions:

1Why would you not use a reputable known escrow trusted in this forum?
2Where are the FPGA chips being fabricated / bought from?
3Who designed the FPGA chips?
4Who is currently designing your boards?
5Where will your boards be fabricated?
6How can you account for the lower prices given that board costs run nearly that much as your sales price no matter the chips you use?
7How will these units be cooled?

1: the "most reputable" escrows on this forum are crooks with nothing to lose but a forum reputation in which they can start over with
2: the FPGA's are atmel FPSLIC series
3: atmel
4: they were done in house
5: as with most major components they are manufactured in shenzhen china
6: lower cost is a result of better funds managment and more off the shelf components as well as higher production numbers
7: they have a picture of the cooling unit on the slideshow.

Ok you lost me there... at #1.

Good luck with that. I don't play with people simply trashing others reputations without any real discussion of who is and isn't reputable. Ignoring you and your "escrow".

Avoid this like the plague people. When you start trashing EVERYONE who is an escrow here in these forums then I suggest this guy doesn't understand what is happening here in Bitcointalk. He doesn't even name a single trustworthy escrow from this forum? Seriously? I guess the millions that are pushed back and forth monthly with little or no problems is not something he wants to admit? Seriously run don't walk away from this deal.

And if we turn that logic back on himself and this shady escrow he could just as easily be the crooks with nothing to lose but a pseudonym that currently has 0 reputation they both can and probably have numerous times started over with a variation on this scam.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:44:41 AM

may i just add the most obvious - to the mix;

$599 / 1.4TH/s
The profit margin from design to manufacture, will be at least MINUS (that's -)$500

i apologies if I have the need to make this lettering big, for the benefit of the OP, who clearly doesn't have a fucking clue.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
david123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:45:32 AM

Usually, I don't post in topics like this. But this is the most obvious scam I've seen for some time Cheesy
I just hope they don't find any "customers"..
goldar

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:04:06 AM

I'm not sure what you expected when you got here..

There are plenty of people on these forums that have been through it all and around again
They are akin to all of the scams/dodgy dealings that go on around these parts of town

You only have to take a look at what a company like Spondoolies is doing and put all the following into perspective

1. You're offering a product that blows everything on the market currently out of the water.. not even by a small amount.. by a factor of almost 4/1. This would almost be the equivalent of an unknown CPU maker popping up selling a 64core 12GHZ processor.. Yet the information provided on the actual machine is sketchy at best..To achieve these sort of numbers you would need to be at 20nm manufacturing or below.. I mean AMD and NVidia aren't even there yet!

2. Just in the first 3 pages of posts your mannerism have come across and complete unprofessional. You're going to get sceptical people questioning your product and to retaliate already as you have not something a person in a company with this sort of technology would do

3. Transparency especially in Bitcoin is paramount to success. Every question you dodge is another tick in the sceptics check-list.

To be honest it doesn't even matter about all of this.. the fantastic claims of your product is the biggest red flag hurdle you will need to overcome
Prove your hardware works, post videos/screenshots of it working with time/date stamps, allow Escrow from Trusted forum members and send review units to Trusted forum members..

Until you can do this it doesn't matter where you're located.. how bad your spelling is ... I won't use the word scam I'm going to say you have an illegitimate product

Mr. Johnny, sir here is a legit request,, Plz respond to this and we all be good here.
y_boonstra

Activity: 374

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:56:07 AM

those heatsinks are not cappable of dissapating the ammount of heat the chips produce (200 W)
peterepeat

Activity: 237

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:30:27 AM

that heatsink would be lucky to move 5W
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:33:39 AM

Well ... if it's real, send me one, I'll evaluate it and find out why on earth it has to be USB3.0 Tongue and then post anything anyone wants to know about it.

What software are you using ...

It's not far away right? You're not asking for pre-order money months before they are going to be ready right?
You mentioned a prototype within the next 2 weeks - so no one will be waiting for long right?

However, I'd be surprised if it is real.
Prove me wrong Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 02:42:15 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 03:54:20 PM by s1gs3gv

The Atmel FPSLIC devices ( http://www.atmel.com/products/other/field_programmable_gate_array/default.aspx ) are FPGAs, not ASICs. They are 5-50K gate, 25 mhs clock rate devices which come in 3.3 and 5 volt versions.

A 40K/25mhs Atmel FPGA retails @ Mouser for $26.25 in 144 quantity (http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=atmel+FPSLIC) , no doubt much cheaper by the thousands from Atmel.

FPGA devices are suitable for quick turnaround designs when the NRE associated with ASIC development is not available.

I have no clue  how many would be needed to implement a 1.4TH system, nor how much power the system would require but my guess is a LOT and more than a few hundred watts L)L

By comparison, FWIW, here are Spondoolies' public figures for their 'Rockerbox' ASIC in the SP30:
  Voltage                                      0.63 V
  Total Engines                              193
  Max frequency at TT corner           984 MHz
  Performance                               190 GHs
  Power                                        66 W
  Power/performance                      0.35 W/GHs

Perhaps Mr Walker can explain the discrepancy between the Atmel FPGA performance and their published CYRious system performance/power figures  ?

Or, alternatively, just fess up to an entertaining troll of trolls.

novello

Activity: 161

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:53:42 PM

I really don't like the way in which new companies are attacked by members of the forum, but in your case they are more than justified. Your facts and figures don't make any sense:

You say you have already got prototypes coming this week. Now even in a MPW wafer run, given the power dissipation of your chip -extrapolated from the power supply size you quoted - it must be about 20mm on a side. For that size of prototype in MPW/28nm you would be paying close on 500k$, to get maybe 25 chips, not to mention the cost of design and since you're not an existing large customer, you would have to go through a foundry's agent design centre, another 400k$ or so. As you don't have your own mask set, you need to buy other MPW wafers to get your chips at a current cost of about $16k each to get additional lots 25 untested chips which might yield 20, or $800k each, $1600 for 2 chips for your miner. To get your full mask set you'll have to spend another $1.5 million dollars, and that gets you on wafers worth of chips, maybe yielding 90 best case.

So the money you are asking for is nowhere near enough.

To add insult to already injuring my intelligence, you publish a picture of what looks like a VGA chipset cooler and expect any engineer to accept that this tiny device could cool a chip dissipating 170+ watts?

Do I need to go on here and embarass you further - I have about another page worth of technical stuff - or are you going to stop this nonsense?

bit_wizard

Activity: 314

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:54:01 PM

What about a prototype? Photos, technical specs, sample units, YouTube video?
I've played this game before, prove to me that I should spend my money on this company.
Please and thank you.

Sure thing bit wizard, It will be about a week and a half until a finished prototype is assembled, but for now you can view what pics there are through the link on the original post. They update that slideshow as they add more photos to their site. Tech specs are on the website as well. I am not sure what you mean by sample units but if you clarify i can work on that for you, and as for a youtube video they will do one better, as soon as the prototype is up and working full speed there will be live streaming on the website.

Also i dont know if you caught it in the original post but they will accept escrow too if you want to contact the escrow company the link is on the original post. I was told that they would be commenting on this thread but have not seen them yet.

Thanks for your reply. In my opinion a prototype should have came first before asking for pre order money.
I have viewed and read everything on this topic before making my comments, and most are still valid. The pics that are in the OP are a "renderful" but don't provide any proof in my eyes. No photos of the inside components besides a possible photoshoped chip, no factory photos, no team photos. The tech specs given are not accurate or complete compared to other companies. By sample units I meant by sending a working sample unit to me or a trusted member on the forum to write a review. You would be surprised how much that can prove.
A streaming video of the machine is a start, but that can easily be forged.

Cheers
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:56:40 PM

pathetic scam attempt by lazy ass clowns that failed miserably... also stay away from the escrow website, it looks as shady as these scammers. if they want to prove they are real then they should take Kano's offer and send him a unit.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 03:57:28 PM

Do I need to go on here and embarass you further - I have about another page worth of technical stuff - or are you going to stop this nonsense?

JBW stated that they are using Atmel FPGA chips, Your comments apply to ASIC fabrication.
However, there is a clear discrepancy between FPGA performance and the claimed system performance/power figures
novello

Activity: 161

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:00:56 PM

There's no FPGA on the planet that could achieve more than 4GH/sec.

s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 04:02:24 PM

There's no FPGA on the planet that could achieve more than 4GH/sec.

Especially one that runs at 25MH/sec and has 40K gates total L)L

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: