Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 03:17:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: deleted thread  (Read 145438 times)
energion

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:02:51 AM

Clearing The Air Around The SHIBE Coin
...some words from the developer

Greetings.  I thought I would write a few thoughts to help clear the air around the release of our coin The Shibe Coin.  The amount of interest in this coin and the way it has exploded after launch far exceeded expectations and has been great fun.  But, I have also been somewhat saddened by the tremendous amount of FUD being purveyed much of which is pretty far off base or flat out wrong.  It is particularly saddening to me because I have fixed a lot of your pet coins behind the scenes, and built so many windows wallets for devs that couldn't be bothered to read the documentation in their own repos or who just couldn't get the build process to work.  And so to me it is a bit of a slap in the face when I have tried to put something cool together for the community, to then read so much FUD on the forums and in IRC some spread by folks that I have bailed out in the past.

I'd like to address a few topics that I think need clarification, and provide a glimpse into our plan for the future.

First, with regards to DOGE, I think we need to set aside any adversarial nonsense and conjecture of that sort.  SHIBE is not a ripoff of DOGE, it is not intended as a competitor to DOGE, it is supposed to be complementary to DOGE.  I mined DOGE from launch, DOGE has been very good to me, the idea with SHIBE was to offer a PoS coin done right as a complementary coin to DOGE which has been more of a tipping coin and every day trade coin.  SHIBE is intended to have more of a business and trading focus.  It is well intentioned and not some biting brand dilution scheme.

Second, as far as AC and this supposed BTER statement, we are absolutely not associated with AC.  Indeed, part of my motivation for pushing this coin out was because I lost a lot of money on AC and I knew I could do a good proof of stake coin.  I rented rigs and mined that coin at a loss at launch, and bought up more because I thought it was going to be a hit and then I went to bed.  And then I woke up the next morning to find that we all got burned.

Third, there has been some FUD about a wallet address supposedly holding some enormous amount of "instamined" funds.  This address was our launch pool wallet.  We had about a dozen miners on the pool at launch, that grew to maybe a couple dozen at a time shortly thereafter.  Some people rented big rigs, I rented a modest amount of hash.  The devs do not hold big wallets like some of the big investors in the coin who went big with hash or bought up the market.  I'm not really in this coin to get rich off of a coin launch, I'm in it to build a platform.

My vision really is for SHIBE to be a vehicle for a lot of  other ideas, and to be an inclusive community with other coins like Blackcoin, DOGE, etc.  Every coin needs to have a purpose and a reason for existing, a niche in the market.  To me coins like Blackcoin and Unobtainium are in the luxury niche, Blackcoin has exceptional branding that has a prestige and luxury feel and is the kind of coin I could see using to buy luxury watches and that sort of thing, at least thats what it is to me.  Doge is the fun coin that doesn't take itself serious that you can mine and tip around to your friends without thinking about it too much.  Doge got me started with mining cryptos.  Quark is the coin that won't stop ticking with the unstoppable community that had great publicity at the end of last year.  And many others.  

SHIBE is the coin for innovation, trading and wealth storage, the coin that drives the development of crypto solutions in the scene.

There are a bunch of things in the works for SHIBE that have been held somewhat close to the vest as we want to have sites and information ready first and frankly we want to get through the pure PoS transition before turning our attention to these programs.  I'll note a few of these in brief, more detailed information will be forthcoming in the coming week.

First, is the SHIBEX Fund.  The concept is to do something similar to the Winklevoss's fund for Bitcoin but on a much smaller scale, providing micro investments and technical and management guidance to help foster growth in the ecosystem.  You can follow @SHIBEXF on Twitter for now and watch for further announcements.

Second, is Shibidends.  This is a dividend program that will pay out to SHIBE users from a goodwill fund funded by participating vendors.  We have an exchange and a payment solution in progress that will participate in the fund.  A portion of the fees from these is going to be set aside as goodwill to reward the community using SHIBE.  Unlike other programs you don't need to register for anything or buy anything.  It will be like a stake on your stake.

These are projects by the dev team to support SHIBE.  In addition we also have the Shibe Council representing the community and guiding the evolution of the coin.

The dev team behind this coin has a lot of professional experience and is committed to the long term support and growth of the ecosystem.

Best wishes,

Energion
Vandalay23

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:03:32 AM

When PoW ends?
philipvdlinde

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:08:50 AM

Greetings.  I thought I would write a few thoughts to help clear the air around the release of our coin The Shibe Coin.  The amount of interest in this coin and the way it has exploded after launch far exceeded expectations and has been great fun.  But, I have also been somewhat saddened by the tremendous amount of FUD being purveyed much of which is pretty far off base or flat out wrong.  It is particularly saddening to me because I have fixed a lot of your pet coins behind the scenes, and built so many windows wallets for devs that couldn't be bothered to read the documentation in their own repos or who just couldn't get the build process to work.  And so to me it is a bit of a slap in the face when I have tried to put something cool together for the community, to then read so much FUD on the forums and in IRC some spread by folks that I have bailed out in the past.

I'd like to address a few topics that I think need clarification, and provide a glimpse into our plan for the future.

First, with regards to DOGE, I think we need to set aside any adversarial nonsense and conjecture of that sort.  SHIBE is not a ripoff of DOGE, it is not intended as a competitor to DOGE, it is supposed to be complementary to DOGE.  I mined DOGE from launch, DOGE has been very good to me, the idea with SHIBE was to offer a PoS coin done right as a complementary coin to DOGE which has been more of a tipping coin and every day trade coin.  SHIBE is intended to have more of a business and trading focus.  It is well intentioned and not some biting brand dilution scheme.

Second, as far as AC and this supposed BTER statement, we are absolutely not associated with AC.  Indeed, part of my motivation for pushing this coin out was because I lost a lot of money on AC and I knew I could do a good proof of stake coin.  I rented rigs and mined that coin at a loss at launch, and bought up more because I thought it was going to be a hit and then I went to bed.  And then I woke up the next morning to find that we all got burned.

Third, there has been some FUD about a wallet address supposedly holding some enormous amount of "instamined" funds.  This address was our launch pool wallet.  We had about a dozen miners on the pool at launch, that grew to maybe a couple dozen at a time shortly thereafter.  Some people rented big rigs, I rented a modest amount of hash.  The devs do not hold big wallets like some of the big investors in the coin who went big with hash or bought up the market.  I'm not really in this coin to get rich off of a coin launch, I'm in it to build a platform.

My vision really is for SHIBE to be a vehicle for a lot of  other ideas, and to be an inclusive community with other coins like Blackcoin, DOGE, etc.  Every coin needs to have a purpose and a reason for existing, a niche in the market.  To me coins like Blackcoin and Unobtainium are in the luxury niche, Blackcoin has exceptional branding that has a prestige and luxury feel and is the kind of coin I could see using to buy luxury watches and that sort of thing, at least thats what it is to me.  Doge is the fun coin that doesn't take itself serious that you can mine and tip around to your friends without thinking about it too much.  Doge got me started with mining cryptos.  Quark is the coin that won't stop ticking with the unstoppable community that had great publicity at the end of last year.  And many others.  

SHIBE is the coin for innovation, trading and wealth storage, the coin that drives the development of crypto solutions in the scene.

There are a bunch of things in the works for SHIBE that have been held somewhat close to the vest as we want to have sites and information ready first and frankly we want to get through the pure PoS transition before turning our attention to these programs.  I'll note a few of these in brief, more detailed information will be forthcoming in the coming week.

First, is the SHIBEX Fund.  The concept is to do something similar to the Winklevoss's fund for Bitcoin but on a much smaller scale, providing micro investments and technical and management guidance to help foster growth in the ecosystem.  You can follow @SHIBEXF on Twitter for now and watch for further announcements.

Second, is Shibidends.  This is a dividend program that will pay out to SHIBE users from a goodwill fund funded by participating vendors.  We have an exchange and a payment solution in progress that will participate in the fund.  A portion of the fees from these is going to be set aside as goodwill to reward the community using SHIBE.  Unlike other programs you don't need to register for anything or buy anything.  It will be like a stake on your stake.

These are projects by the dev team to support SHIBE.  In addition we also have the Shibe Council representing the community and guiding the evolution of the coin.

The dev team behind this coin has a lot of professional experience and is committed to the long term support and growth of the ecosystem.

Best wishes,

Energion

Nice to see some progress going on.
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:16:02 AM

i wouldn't worry about these idiots scaring off investors, I have seen these same people doing the same thing on several coins. people that have been around know their game and it is usually really bad when they think the coin will do well. they're pathetic. I think a bigger problem than the troll infestation is the entire selling point of this coin is being ignored. Doge is about community and this appears to most of us as someone slapping a dog, the same dog, on a picture and calling it shibe without any effort at all to become part of the shibe community. Sorry i'm not trying to be negative at all but you guys are totally missing the most important thing this coin needs to succeed and that is integrity. This could be a landmark in crypto history if people would cut the gestapo bullshit, put your ego's away and try and figure out how to co-exist and meld with the community your trying to market to. If your not going to attempt to get the doge spirit involved with this coin than why call it shibe in the first place? the way it is coming off to those of us that have been into doge since the begining is that your trying to bank on a doge ripoff. I don't think that's the case but I know that is the general consensus in /r/dogecoin. That's an easy problem to fix really, prove everybody wrong. do good things welcome new people and do the kind of things that make doge what it is and it will be huge. I think the first thing to do is get a subreddit going and divert people there, that made doge a much happier place and most of us have not been back to the bitcointalk thread since. As of right now it just appears like you guys are waiting for the price to rise to cash in. literally no effort to market and build a community. this isn't good. If you want this coin to be big then you gotta organize and shift gears.
griffitsj

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:38:28 AM

Best wishes,

Energion

Thank you dev.  I have 100% faith in this coin and the development team behind it.  I bought 0.2BTC more this morning on Polo at 196 before reading this post, and bought 0.4 BTC last night at 300sat.  Still mining this coin 24/7 on my 2.4 M/h rig to get every last Shibe in my wallet and holding this coin because I see huge long term potential similar to BlackCoin, CinniCoin and DarkCoin which I am also invested in LONG TERM.

Ok so there was a drop last night, but this is temporary.  If anyone sells now they will feel like idiots in 1 month time when this coin has good market cap.  I will come back and post again on this board in 1 month quoting this post and lets see where this coin is at.  I can't tell the future but so far I am totally focused on this coin and will be contributing some shibes to central dev / promotional funds.

Thank you again dev team.  You have created something truly special in the crypto world and your dedication and enthusiasm is enlightening amongst a sea of scammy devs and ripoff merchants.
Alty

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:47:43 AM

Best wishes,

Energion

+ 10000000
mana6

Activity: 354

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:52:31 AM

is the coin dead?
Xtrata

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:54:53 AM

is the coin dead?

You created a new account to ask this?
SnjafSnjaf

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:55:35 AM

is the coin dead?

Man you gotta love these guys who make new accounts just to try to bash some coins they don't like.
Quantumbud

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:57:24 AM

is the coin dead?

far from it,it's just getting started
PanicBot

Activity: 156

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:10:07 AM

is the coin dead?

Not even close. I'm still buying. Most of us with our heads screwed on properly are still buying.
zhongzy

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:15:17 AM

Really interesting,so many guys  talking and talking about shibe,that's why Grin Grin Grin
bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:16:06 AM

why has it fallen, have all the buyers gone to execoin.
PanicBot

Activity: 156

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:17:07 AM

why has it fallen, have all the buyers gone to execoin.

One guy dumped, now it's recovering. That's all.
yang5034

Activity: 173

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:20:24 AM

if love the coin ,we just vote for mintpal ourselves.we can do it.do't just wait.
yang5034

Activity: 173

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:26:36 AM

now we have 888 votes on mintpal,and rank 99,we should rise up every day.
i have 3 account on mintpal,one time i can give three votes
zhongzy

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:30:02 AM

now we have 888 votes on mintpal,and rank 99,we should rise up every day.
i have 3 account on mintpal,one time i can give three votes
niubility Grin
LightningFury

Activity: 687
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:37:31 AM

i donate the ponzi shibe  Grin

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████
███▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████████▄████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.dune network...
           ██
         ██▀▀██
         ██▄▄██
       ██▀▀██▀▀██
       ██▄▄██▄▄█████▀▀███
       ██▀▀██▀▀█████▄▄███
       ██▄▄██▄▄█████▀▀███
  ███████████▀▀█████▄▄███
  ██▌▐██▌▐███▄▄█████▀▀███
  ██▌▐██▌▐██████████▄▄███
  ██▌▐██▌▐██████████▀▀███
  ██▌▐██▌▐██████████▄▄███
█████████████
██████████████
►  Metal
     ►  Wallets
          ►  dApps
►  Blog
     ►  Resources
          ►  Community

██████████

██████
██████████████████████████████
██████████

████████████████████
██████████
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:38:05 AM

Best wishes,

Energion

developer stole my bicycle

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Alty

Activity: 714

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:43:36 AM

Cheap SHIBE!!!  Shocked
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: