Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:18:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So Ripple is becoming mainstream, where are the other alts?  (Read 2162 times)
lotosminer

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:08:52 PM

I am trading with dollars too Smiley and how are you buying your bitcoins? with chickens?

LOL

Actually in Ripple you can easily create "chicken" IOUs, each worth 1 chicken and trade them Cheesy

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. SqDH9nmCWyP1yUM9J3ZhUiQ9kc8aotqPZL
QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QZBa56NpqpodoZBqhE314m7VxQi7fR4atQ
dspair

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:39:32 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2014, 06:36:58 PM by dspair

Ripple is not even a cryptocurrency, why do you post here?

Also,
Fidor
Literally who?
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:56:38 PM

Ripple is not even cryptocurrency, why do you post here?

Also,
Fidor
Literally who?

Fidor Bank. A smaller German bank. They are quite an "inventive" bunch, e.g. as far as I know they backing bitcoin.de too.
ed89217

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:18:28 PM

I'm shocked at the pace at which the mainstream is adopting crypto.
PirateButtercup

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:24:21 PM

MIT didn't pick it as one of 2014 Worlds 50 Smartest because it was a scam.

..and the VP of the St. Louis Federal Reserve didn't call it the "big winner" because it was a ponzi scheme.

Perhaps a few of the neanderthals in this thread need to drag their knuckles over to Google (also a backer of Ripple, btw) and do some research.

The Ripple network has gateways in Mexico, New Zealand, England, the US, Malta, Singapore, Canada, China, Turkey, Japan, Israel, Norway, etc. It's not subject to 51% attack or malleability. It does 1,000s of transactions per second (vs. BTCs 7) and takes seconds for validation (vs. BTCs 10 to 60 minutes). It can handle every crypto currency in existence, as well as every fiat currency and commodity. It is a distributed exchange on a decentralized protocol.

Keep putting bandaids on BTC.....'colored coins', 'black wallets', 'master coins', etc......and make it a patchwork of wasteful, vulnerable, complicated crap....just so it can inefficiently do what Ripple was designed to do from the ground up.....

Bitcoin....the MicroSoft Windows of electronic currency.

▶▶ UR TOKEN ◀◀
═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══
ⓄⓄ UNIVERSAL RECOGNITION TOKEN  ⓄⓄ

【 The first blockchain-based corporate rewards marketplace 】
══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━══
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:34:48 PM

the real question is where are the other 92billion coins. market cap is reading the total coins as 7.9billion instead of 99.99billion

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
oggy932

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:19:38 AM

There are interesting things happening with alt coins such as black coin. The black coin team has signed up to a service allowing people to pay for things with black coins in any shop with a special POS terminal. Although very few shops are likely to have them now, in a few years these POS terminals could be everywhere.
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:30:36 AM

If someone can create a ripple clone which is decentralised and open source then it will be big. Otherwise it will keep getting shunned by most.

there was splash, proposed by a nakamoto looking fella https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=372486.msg6532094#msg6532094, but that project doesn't look to be coming to fruition anytime soon.

Ripple is not even cryptocurrency, why do you post here?

Also,
Fidor
Literally who?

Fidor Bank. A smaller German bank. They are quite an "inventive" bunch, e.g. as far as I know they backing bitcoin.de too.

it's currencycloud which leverages ripple, fidor hops on their back.
and so the potential outreach for technology like ripple is larger than just 1 bank. It's essentially API which can plug in for p2p applications making use of ripple.

In established , more heavily regulated Fintech circles (beyond few crypto enthusiasts on forum) it's getting lot of positive attention

TheCloser

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:07:10 AM

Ripple is a premined shitcoin with 40% to the dev side.

Good Luck investing in this shit, it don't matter if a small bank will use this crap.

This is cute. I don't think you can even mine Ripple.
NWO (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:22:06 AM

Ripple is a premined shitcoin with 40% to the dev side.

Good Luck investing in this shit, it don't matter if a small bank will use this crap.

This is cute. I don't think you can even mine Ripple.

Yeah there is no mining involved. Just lots of TradeFortress alt accounts  Roll Eyes
nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:51:10 PM

can someone explain me why their currency ripples (?) is needed? or what the purpose of this currency is. I understand that their gateways and platform have some value and are interesting but I do not get the use of their currency.
ahbritto

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

Ripple

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 01:56:56 PM

can someone explain me why their currency ripples (?) is needed? or what the purpose of this currency is. I understand that their gateways and platform have some value and are interesting but I do not get the use of their currency.
See:
mrsanny

Activity: 69

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:14:38 PM

Nxt  is becoming mainstream,Then other alts like PPC

Teddy COIN -15%Free+75%IPO,Let's talk about Teddy Tm96cmJV8dTt7Faf2jqBimBkUP2gD3HkLM
cryptosoma

Activity: 5

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 03:23:34 PM

Weeks ago i changed my bank account from "Sparkasse" to Fidor. Yesterday i converted all my bitcoins in ripple.

Ripple is Bitcoin 2.0!
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4242
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 09:52:16 PM

Ripple Labs Releases Downloadable Ripple Client
https://ripple.com/blog/ripple-labs-releases-downloadable-ripple-client/

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com