Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 03:59:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A large sum of money, where would you keep it?  (Read 4418 times)
Quora

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:11:50 PM

http://www.pfhub.com/report-record-amount-of-gold-silver-trading-for-bitcoin-562 Smiley
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:23:37 AM

good article!
TheDoors

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:55:23 AM

It depends on how long you want to save them. I recommend to take exchange it to USD and take them to the bank and to place them as deposit. I hardly believe that USD will disappear in next ten years.  Cool
ViewSonic

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:48:41 PM

I keep my USD on a safe in my house. If I earn much more I'll store them in a bank, other methods are excluded
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:49:40 PM

Is there anywhere I can anonymously bounce/trade between precious metals and Bitcoin like Goldmoney etc?

You can use Counterparty. assets are available which represent physical gold via the issuer 'Bitcoin tangible trust'. You can trade them at anytime in a decentralised manner on top of bitcoins block chain and redeem for the precious metals they are backed by, thus escaping bitcoins volatility.

TalkTalk

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:26:13 AM

Thanks for that article.
faninasir

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:20:08 AM

Keep the bitcoin you have and quit playing about trying to reduce it.
They are all frauds or will don't succeed - fiat, swell, ethereum, quora, altcoins.
androz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Crypto-ideologist

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:54:07 AM

How would you try to keep you money in the digital realm safe and stable for the long term?

what about NoFiatCoin ? it's a digital currency backed by precious metals and can be redeemed for the same.

http://www.nofiatcoin.com/

I haven't read deeply all the thread but i guess that you could evaluate it for your purpose.
(not for a large amount of your asset, of course)

muxxxamed

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 10:09:15 AM

If your story is true, invest in real estate or made your own business. If you need partner in Russia you can contact me. Roll Eyes
spring.yu

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies is future

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:03:22 AM

If you ask me I would do it this way:

TOTAL 1000 BTC

350 BTC -> 150000 USD into a Bank (Choose the most trusted one in your country).
550 BTC -> Paper wallets with multiple backups, BIP32, multisig, etc.
100 BTC -> Investments, mining, altcoins (not recommended), everyday expenses, online wallets, etc.

I agree this ,aha...
Quora

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:26:53 PM

You're welcome. It's from Blockchain.info weekly news round up blog.
bl4kjaguar

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 04:24:57 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2014, 05:00:30 AM by bl4kjaguar

A leveraged bet can pay off big, so I suggest you sharpen up your trading skills and start chasing returns in a sensible and risk-averse manner.

Consider the TVIX, which today closed at 5.01 near incredible record lows:
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=TVIX&p=W&b=5&g=0&id=p26873058609

You will regret not taking a sensible position in TVIX or other VIX funds and VIX notes.

To protect your money, simply invest in protection (VIX). It's almost as volatile as bitcoin, so at these prices you are likely to get a healthy return.

1CuUwTT21yZmZvNmmYYhsiVocczmAomSVa
_Miracle

Activity: 910
Merit: 660

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 04:55:31 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2014, 06:19:27 AM by _Miracle

I would keep the lowest amount that I need to be liquid in USD (never as store of value).
Real Estate/rentals (but I'm biased)
A foundation for foster children (also biased)
Precious metals, art and classic vehicles.  

*Can't believe I forgot to add bitcoin (in my possession).

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
armin22

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 12:13:54 AM

Or give 1 to me?

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 04:46:54 PM

If you're going to keep a percentage of it in currency, consider diversifying it in to different major currencies. Like EUR, JPY, CHF ect. I probably wouldn't put it all in USD unless I had a strong reason to believe USD specifically was headed up.
vn10vn

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:44:03 AM

Dude, you have 1000 bitcoins, and all you can do is sit around and worry about how to store it? Go party, be happy, share the wealth with your loved ones. Some people don't even have money to buy food for the day. It's time to relax and be happy with what you have. You can travel the world. You can buy real estate and rent out for monthly income. You could buy a bar, hotel, restaurant somewhere. My suggestion is to travel, go to 3rd world countries and see how THEY live. Get offline and back in the real world and get some perspective. Your worries are over dude.
armin22

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:08:09 PM

Dude, you have 1000 bitcoins, and all you can do is sit around and worry about how to store it? Go party, be happy, share the wealth with your loved ones. Some people don't even have money to buy food for the day. It's time to relax and be happy with what you have. You can travel the world. You can buy real estate and rent out for monthly income. You could buy a bar, hotel, restaurant somewhere. My suggestion is to travel, go to 3rd world countries and see how THEY live. Get offline and back in the real world and get some perspective. Your worries are over dude.

+100000000

This is well said. But before you do this, let me be one of your loved ones. <3

vn10vn

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:17:11 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2014, 11:33:02 AM by vn10vn

lll
armin22

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:34:15 PM

+100000000

This is well said. But before you do this, let me be one of your loved ones. <3

Hey -- I don't even own 1 bitcoin. I read, I watch, I want to jump in the game...but I can't afford to, I have other responsibilities.
I can't mine, because I can't afford to buy the hardware either.

This is something that I find very interesting about crypto, it's talked up as the Robin Hood type solution to decentralization, but I don't see any evidence that this would do anything other than make the rich richer and the poor poorer, just as it's always been, not any kind of financial salvation but just a new devil to replace the devil we already know.

Poor people don't have computers or smartphones, they don't have money to invest in crypto or mining. They live day to day on whatever earnings they can scrape up and spend it all on their basic survival needs. So what right does crypto have to declare itself the new savior?

To me crypto is just the perfect invention for that spoiled brat upperclass kid who did nothing but play graphically intense computer games and now has devoted his hardware to mining...or that preppy rich kid who was forced by his parents to be a stock broker and now has discovered crypto and investing all his easy money into that.

Maybe I'm just jealous...hmmm....but at least I'm not dumb enough to believe all the bullshit cryptocurrency hype that it's going to make the world a better, more equal place....Yah ryt.

I'm not rich, neither is my family. I started with 0.01BTC and with day trading have 1.68BTC, whats wrong with having a little fun anyways? But seriously, what's your point, and did you just quote to to attempt calling me a brat?

vn10vn

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:00:03 PM

I'm not rich, neither is my family. I started with 0.01BTC and with day trading have 1.68BTC, whats wrong with having a little fun anyways? But seriously, what's your point, and did you just quote to to attempt calling me a brat?

Nothing personal, man, I just appreciated your compliment, that's why I quoted.
I've become disillusioned to the whole crypto scene, and wanted to express myself and see if I got any quality feedback.

I'm still waiting for the one true coin, the Shitcoin, so I can put all my money into it and watch someone like Mark Karpeles steal everything from me. Yah, thats what I want to do.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: